USA...USA...USA...RED, WHITE, and BLUE Picks

Troutman

Calculated Risk Taker
OK...Its Been Rough lately cant seem to find my way so i took a day off and Im back....Going against the Yanks @ home on the 4th....Am I crazy? yes, but you cant ignore the Value you are getting from Johan Santana, The slumping yanks meet the most talented pitcher in baseball, IMO. Idependence day or not they are not winning this game..Mussina is more than hittable while Johan has started to take his midseason form, It happens every year, he's slow out the gates and then, BAM...UNHITTABLE...Look at his stats.....................

TWINKIES -130 Risking 3.2 units...

Probably have a few more in a lil while.

Yo Yo, wuts the deal with the Bravos today

Look at Hendricksen's Stats, he hasnt pitched over 3 innings in months, I dont think you can expect him to stay in there too long....Braves arent gonna drop three straight to the Dodgers, Chuck James can benifit from a dodgers team that doesnt hit alot of long balls. I think the braves Get 7 innings from James and 2-3 runs, however I think the Braves rattle off about 6 on the dodgers, 4 on the starter, who imo doesnt last past 4 innings and 2 off the pen for a good 4 innings of relief....My only concern is the Braves relief pitchers have been shaky.....But I think the braves are a 70% chance winner tonight.'an_horse'

Look at Hendricksen's Stats, he hasnt pitched over 3 innings in months, I dont think you can expect him to stay in there too long....Braves arent gonna drop three straight to the Dodgers, Chuck James can benifit from a dodgers team that doesnt hit alot of long balls. I think the braves Get 7 innings from James and 2-3 runs, however I think the Braves rattle off about 6 on the dodgers, 4 on the starter, who imo doesnt last past 4 innings and 2 off the pen for a good 4 innings of relief....My only concern is the Braves relief pitchers have been shaky.....But I think the braves are a 70% chance winner tonight.'an_horse'

The answer I was looking for. I didn't like the Braves in either of the first 2 games but here Chucky I do like. You are 100% right though, those damn relief pitchers scare the shit out of me.

The answer I was looking for. I didn't like the Braves in either of the first 2 games but here Chucky I do like. You are 100% right though, those damn relief pitchers scare the shit out of me.

I think the forst five innings is the best bet, I will probably spread my units between the game and the 5th inning line....Cant see the braves not hurting Hendricksen by the 5th inning, and Chucky normally doesnt start getting hit unitl the 6th or so. What do you think?

:cheers:

I don't have a book with 5 innings lines but if I could I would hit this game like that. The Dodgers are not going to blow a lead really, they just don't do it. I keep using this stat but it supports my argument..They are like 36-2 when leading after the 6th inning. I think the only way they do get the lead is if they got it late in the game and than their bullpen closes the door on the Braves. I agree, they should hit hendrickson and for Chucky, take out the 1 bad inning vs. Detroit and the Twins game and he's had about 10-11 good starts in a row.

Bravos To The Bank

My reasons for this play are documented throughout this forum today. but here are a few reasons to back the braves tonight atleast for th first five innings. Lets see.

1. Can stack the llineup on the right side. Salty, Chipper, Woodward(JK), Francour, Renteria, Diaz, Jones, Escabar...Thats alot of bats.

2. Facing a relief pitcher that hasnt thrown for more than 3 innings in over a month.

3. HES CHUCK JAMES (Beotch)...really Chucky has been a great addtion to the Braves rotation, although he is still learning look for him to Blossom over the next couple of years into a reliable #2 pitcher....

4. Its the Braves and they aint getting swept by the Dodgers, we hate these guys.

Braves(C. James) -120 Risking 2.5 units. (5th inning Line)

Trout I think you got them on the 5inning line, def but I am just being a conservative pussy today. I mean no way I lay chalk with Hendrickson but its not out of the realm of possibility that they limit his damage to like 2 runs over 4innings and bring it to the bullpen.

Adding Cleveland +122 for 1 unit.....Kenny is due for a let down and westbrook has been solid his last few......kenny leaves by the fourth.

Trout I think you got them on the 5inning line, def but I am just being a conservative pussy today. I mean no way I lay chalk with Hendrickson but its not out of the realm of possibility that they limit his damage to like 2 runs over 4innings and bring it to the bullpen.

The dodgers available bullpen pitchers are sporting a sub 6 era so im not so worried about that....GL....

Come on man drop a little 50 spot on it for fun.

Back