USA Today Coaches Poll

orangemonk

Creep - Dee oh double gee
<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="5">USA Today Coaches Poll</td></tr><tr class="colhead" align="center"><td align="left">RANK</td><td align="left">TEAM</td><td>RECORD</td><td>PTS</td><td>PVS</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="center"><td style="width: 15px;" align="left"> 1.</td><td align="left">Georgia (22) </td><td>0-0</td><td>1438</td><td>3</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="center"><td style="width: 15px;" align="left"> 2.</td><td align="left">USC (14) </td><td>0-0</td><td>1430</td><td>2</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="center"><td style="width: 15px;" align="left"> 3.</td><td align="left">Ohio State (14) </td><td>0-0</td><td>1392</td><td>4</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="center"><td style="width: 15px;" align="left"> 4.</td><td align="left">Oklahoma (3) </td><td>0-0</td><td>1329</td><td>8</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="center"><td style="width: 15px;" align="left"> 5.</td><td align="left">Florida (5) </td><td>0-0</td><td>1293</td><td>16</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="center"><td style="width: 15px;" align="left"> 6.</td><td align="left">LSU (3) </td><td>0-0</td><td>1163</td><td>1</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="center"><td style="width: 15px;" align="left"> 7.</td><td align="left">Missouri</td><td>0-0</td><td>1143</td><td>5</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="center"><td style="width: 15px;" align="left"> 8.</td><td align="left">West Virginia</td><td>0-0</td><td>1008</td><td>6</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="center"><td style="width: 15px;" align="left"> 9.</td><td align="left">Clemson</td><td>0-0</td><td>999</td><td>22</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="center"><td style="width: 15px;" align="left">10.</td><td align="left">Texas</td><td>0-0</td><td>979</td><td>10</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="center"><td style="width: 15px;" align="left">11.</td><td align="left">Auburn</td><td>0-0</td><td>888</td><td>14</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="center"><td style="width: 15px;" align="left">12.</td><td align="left">Wisconsin</td><td>0-0</td><td>747</td><td>21</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="center"><td style="width: 15px;" align="left">13.</td><td align="left">Kansas</td><td>0-0</td><td>714</td><td>7</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="center"><td style="width: 15px;" align="left">14.</td><td align="left">Texas Tech</td><td>0-0</td><td>644</td><td>23</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="center"><td style="width: 15px;" align="left">15.</td><td align="left">Virginia Tech</td><td>0-0</td><td>568</td><td>9</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="center"><td style="width: 15px;" align="left">16.</td><td align="left">Arizona State</td><td>0-0</td><td>560</td><td>13</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="center"><td style="width: 15px;" align="left">17.</td><td align="left">Brigham Young</td><td>0-0</td><td>547</td><td>14</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="center"><td style="width: 15px;" align="left">18.</td><td align="left">Tennessee</td><td>0-0</td><td>506</td><td>12</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="center"><td style="width: 15px;" align="left">19.</td><td align="left">Illinois</td><td>0-0</td><td>422</td><td>18</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="center"><td style="width: 15px;" align="left">20.</td><td align="left">Oregon</td><td>0-0</td><td>399</td><td>24</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="center"><td style="width: 15px;" align="left">21.</td><td align="left">South Florida</td><td>0-0</td><td>350</td><td>NR</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="center"><td style="width: 15px;" align="left">22.</td><td align="left">Penn State</td><td>0-0</td><td>313</td><td>25</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="center"><td style="width: 15px;" align="left">23.</td><td align="left">Wake Forest</td><td>0-0</td><td>203</td><td>NR</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="center"><td style="width: 15px;" align="left">24.</td><td align="left">Michigan</td><td>0-0</td><td>112</td><td>19</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="center"><td style="width: 15px;" align="left">25.</td><td align="left">Fresno State</td><td>0-0</td><td>91</td><td>NR
</td></tr></tbody></table>

looking at the points for 24 and 25, i assume there are 10 other teams right there only needing a few points to be in it instead

utah state didn't make it ? shit.

illinois , michigan , fresno and arizona st don't make mine.

south florida is getting no respect at all

illinois doesn't make your 25, vegas? that surprises me...i can see michigan and even ariz st, and i agree..at the very least ariz st and s florida should switch places...leavitt to those naive coaches hahah

leavitt to those naive coaches hahah

:36_11_6:

I have illinois at 31., az st 26, michigan 36, and fresno 34

Feel like i ahve a strong idea on three of those teams ... but i think i could be considerably off with michigan. lots of unknowns there.

wonder if Duke is "others receiving votes" lol

think i saw where they didn't this year. i guess the OBC stopped cuz of former Vol OC David Cutcliffe taking over. spurrier despises all things Vol:smiley_acbe:

Kyle - how can you not have ASU in your top 25? I know I'm a little of a homer, but man they've got the 2nd best DL in the PAC and maybe the best QB/WR corp in the conference.

Kyle - how can you not have ASU in your top 25? I know I'm a little of a homer, but man they've got the 2nd best DL in the PAC and maybe the best QB/WR corp in the conference.

Yeah. i hear you. They are really pretty interchangeable with all the teams up to number 21 on my list. It's minutia that separates. They could easily be in there. I mean we are basically looking at pickem games on neutral fields with those teams.

Maybe i am still bitter from betting them against texas. hehe ... but this is just how it worked out for me.

utah state didn't make it ? shit.

illinois , michigan , fresno and arizona st don't make mine.

south florida is getting no respect at all

Don't know for certain, but I believe that is largely a function of what Oregon did to them in the bowl game. Roper was the 5th string QB and had a career type game against what was supposed to be a very good defense. Conversely, Oregon's defense played really well and did something they never do: scored a defensive TD. Scored two of them actually. Just better in every phase of the game and the USF "speed" that was talked about when they were upsetting Auburn and WV was made to look like slow motion. Can't and won't speak for the coaches, but if I were a voter I wouldn't be able to put them ahead of the Ducks either. And the second part to that is that I'm not sure the Ducks belong all that high themselves. Maybe mid to high teens. I'm not sure the Big East has a top 20 team this year. I'm sure the conference champ will manage to work they up the rankings ladder, but in terms of power ranking quality I don't know that there is one that is "really" one of the 20 best.

Back