Urban tells the Horns he is not taking the job

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Not too surprising. It was pretty clear his health problems were serious. Too bad, I wish he had taken it. He would have done a great job

Texas has been the most interesting team in the country this year and Ehlinger would win the Heisman if I were in charge.

When you take a look at the Texas season it's hard to make sense of anything about it. 5-3 in conference and they could easily be 8-0. They were good enough to win every game and all their losses were by one score, one in 4 OT, one because they fumbled on the other team’s one-yard line, one because of a late FG, and they were ahead in all three at one point.

And if they played any of the three teams who beat them again they could easily win all three and no one would be surprised

And yet they could just as easily be 2-6. And probably would be 0-8 with any QB but Ehlinger.

I can’t think of any team that ever had a year like Texas

I understand why they want to fire Herman. He probably deserves it. And yet if the replayed the season he might go undefeated.

Very strange team, and very interesting

Herman has to go:

Easy to say he might be undefeated but the season is exactly reflective of what Herman is - a coach who has no ability to close out games. Has been the case since he got here 4 years ago and hasn't changed. That, and the resulting mediocrity, is ultimately a death sentence when you have unlimited talent and resources.

Not liking these names I'm hearing...Franklin, Cristobal. My love for Campbell is well documented but doesn't appear to be in the mix.

Herman has to go:

Easy to say he might be undefeated but the season is exactly reflective of what Herman is - a coach who has no ability to close out games. Has been the case since he got here 4 years ago and hasn't changed. That, and the resulting mediocrity, is ultimately a death sentence when you have unlimited talent and resources.

Not liking these names I'm hearing...Franklin, Cristobal. My love for Campbell is well documented but doesn't appear to be in the mix.
I mean how can they not consider Campbell?!

seems to me he is exactly what they need

I mean how can they not consider Campbell?!

seems to me he is exactly what they need

I think they have but apparently there hasn't been reciprocation. Perhaps waiting on Michigan, dunno. Or perhaps is aware of the toxicity in the program that's a country club full of entitlement and softness. Whoever comes aboard is going to have to blow a lot of shit up.

Not sure how you turn down those co-eds in Austin ;)
LOL. Years ago my company had it's HQ in Austin and I'd travel there quite a bit. Always ate at an Outback restaurant, which was near a little niche hotel I stayed at which was far, far from campus. But OMG - every bartender, waitress in there was a UT Coed and most of them were just drop dead gorgeous. Never seen anything like it since, even though I lived in the beach communities of San Diego and other "nice" spots. Definitely went to the wrong college lol.

Your boosters just couldn't stay away. If Texas boosters would stay the fuck out of shit he'd be a longhorn

The boosters weren't the issue in this case. They had the money ready and trust Del Conte. Their egos just wanted credit as the check writers and the peripheral benefit of some accessibility that all the big dicks want, and get.

I think Meyer's wife and two daughters would disown him if he took another job. They've implied as such in the past.

The boosters weren't the issue in this case. They had the money ready and trust Del Conte. Their egos just wanted credit as the check writers and the peripheral benefit of some accessibility that all the big dicks want, and get.

I think Meyer's wife and two daughters would disown him if he took another job. They've implied as such in the past.

I read the boosters got into messing with details and he wanted no part of it.

I read the boosters got into messing with details and he wanted no part of it.

Who the hell really knows. Can never rule it out.

I just think Meyer's done coaching and others helped him make that decision. Del Conte at least had to approach / ask him.

Can't imagine anything better than what I observed in Austin. All good Christian girls I assume. My boss' son goes to SMU - picked it over several others and maybe I know why now. LOL
Wonderful day - substituted Baylor for Bama 1H. Someday I'll learn not to try to cap.
They're mostly Christian but they are not all "good." But it is as Mae West said about being good vs being bad

I don’t know who Gene Sapakoff is but he just said a reliable source told him that Herman contacted South Carolina about the job.

that’s insane if true

The guy slipped it in and Finebaum( yes we all know, you don’t have to type Pawl is an idiot whatever) pounced.

When you take a look at the Texas season it's hard to make sense of anything about it. 5-3 in conference and they could easily be 8-0. They were good enough to win every game and all their losses were by one score, one in 4 OT, one because they fumbled on the other team’s one-yard line, one because of a late FG, and they were ahead in all three at one point.

And if they played any of the three teams who beat them again they could easily win all three and no one would be surprised

And yet they could just as easily be 2-6. And probably would be 0-8 with any QB but Ehlinger.

I can’t think of any team that ever had a year like Texas

I understand why they want to fire Herman. He probably deserves it. And yet if the replayed the season he might go undefeated.

Very strange team, and very interesting

really thought they got it right when they hired him, surprised it hasn’t worked out. My thing is while don’t disagree with firing him they better make sure they have a slam dunk or it be 4 more years of mediocrity!

I heard urban talking on some show or another and he sounded pretty happy not coaching, he did say if it was the absolute right situation and spot he wouldn’t be able to turn it down so who knows. Doubt Texas was his dream destination. I would think if he ever comes back it be to try his hand in nfl. He doesn’t really have anything to prove in college, one the great team turner around guys of all time!

Back