Urban Meyer

Cbus

How high does the buckeye line go up after Urban’s announcing his retirement? I’m seeing 5 1/2 and think this hits 7 pretty quick. Interested in everyone’s thoughts.

OSU will win the game. Regardless of how the public feels about Meyer, he is liked and respected by his players. They'll go out and bust their asses in this game.

OSU will win the game. Regardless of how the public feels about Meyer, he is liked and respected by his players. They'll go out and bust their asses in this game.

I live in Columbus and do not have any kind of locker room information but with that said The players love Urban and I can’t assure they will win the game but I am sure there motivation to send him out as a winner will be off the charts.

Last game at Utah was 35-7 Fiesta Bowl win over Pitt as -15.

Last game at UF was 37-24 Outback Bowl win over Penn State as - 7.
Your historical recall is very impressive. And not just these two games. You must have a great and comprehensive data base to post some of the info you do. And I’ve never seen you post something that isn’t correct.

Michigan fans are celebrating all over!
Honestly, not really. It was known that with 5-8 years he would do this again like at Florida. OSU will still recruit great as always. I think they will be well coached as well. We'll see if they can close as well on some recruits year in and year out. There will be a lot less distractions for the school/team. They should hum along just like they have for most of the last 25 years or so sans 2-3 years.

One of the greatest coaches of all time regardless of how you view him personally. Dude is a beast, and I hope he is healthy and OK. Wins everywhere he goes and pretty much owned the BIG TEN during his tenure at Tosu.

One of the greatest coaches of all time regardless of how you view him personally. Dude is a beast, and I hope he is healthy and OK. Wins everywhere he goes and pretty much owned the BIG TEN during his tenure at Tosu.
Absolutely. And he'll own the Pac-12 entering his next tenure. It's literally perfect for him with there that conference is at right now. He's the Phil Jackson of CFB ... Said it many times... Great coach who puts himself into great spots.

I wouldn't be shocked if he went to USC BAR...but I also think he has some major health issues he needs taken care of. Dude has a major problem with anxiety...laugh all you want, but as someone who suffers from it like myself, I see it all over his face every game. The terrible offseason just added to it. You can't coach having panic attacks on the sideline like that..it's literally impossible.

Where can I get odds on urban meyer NOT coaching at SC?

It doesn't make sense on a variety of levels...not to mention it looks like Kingsbury is the heir apparent over there.

I dont think he coaches again. Maybe advises or takes an administrative position, but I think more coaching would kill him.

I wouldn't be shocked if he went to USC BAR...but I also think he has some major health issues he needs taken care of. Dude has a major problem with anxiety...laugh all you want, but as someone who suffers from it like myself, I see it all over his face every game. The terrible offseason just added to it. You can't coach having panic attacks on the sideline like that..it's literally impossible.
Not laughing.

He has ALREADY used health issues as an excuse.

As a person who knows many people with LEGIT serious issues, that is pretty skummy how he handled things at Florida.

Was it convenient that this 'brain' surgery etc came out when he was on verge of getting fired etc? Maybe, maybe not. I do hope the guy is healthy but of course he left the door open.

I know anxiety, big-time. He may be very anxious and I would be too if I was caught up in so many lies etc that I cannot remember a bunch of them.

So, yes, good health for Coach Meyer.

I think the year off will do him good.

He should be refreshed and ready to go in early 2020.

I told you ALL season this was his last year at OSU.

I said Day or Campbell would be coach next year.

This one was pretty easy to be honest.

And Mars has a good point too.

Moving on though...how do we make money off this? :moneytoss:

I'm not gonna debate the validity of his health. It's obvious to me he's in pain and suffering...some people feel sorry for him, some don't.

The stress of this job gets to him. The issues he deals with mentally more than anything affect him more than physically. I just hope the man is OK. I am more leaning with what cub said...analyst or coordinator somewhere. He needs something low key, less stress.

He is at his coaching pinnacle right now, or was..at TOSU...born and bred Ohio, grad assistant at Tosu, coaching there...he might be done.

Now if he goes to USC as a head coach, which would be more stress than even Tosu on some levels then I won't believe anything out of his mouth. I do think if he goes back in it's a lesser role...

How do I sign up for Urb's new class he'll be teaching at tOSU? Leadership and Character.

LMFAO

How do I sign up for Urb's new class he'll be teaching at tOSU? Leadership and Character.

LMFAO
1. Beat Spouse

2. Repeat

3. Blame Spouse

4 (this one is tricky) Get on same page as Urb when law enforcement asks yes/no questions. Know your role.

5. Go back to step 1

6. Report card baby!

Back