Up late and looking

tuck321

Not all those who wander are lost
Played Columbus ml. Could go on for a while about this. Columbus plays at home tomorrow. Imagine it will be Leclaire (who has died and gone to hell) against Osgood and a angry Detroit. I will be on Detroit. They are 2-8 at home vs Detroit and 0-4 at home recently vs Osgood. Today they play at Minn. They are 6-4 last 10 vs Minn. Have liked Norrena since last year. Feel their last 10 have been much rougher than Minn. See Peca back while Minn problems with no Wes, Mikko and Pavol continue. Minn recently has proved to me they can handle Edm. Loud clapping. They are playing a desperate Columbus. Think anyone can win this one and 50 cents is silly. By the way have read Norrena is starting in Columbus newspaper despite what goaliepost is saying. If they change I may run off this.

Last edited:
Adding Islanders ml. Great history obviously. Last 10 Islanders have 6 wins against good teams. Last 10 Boston has 4 wins. The wins were against Toronto whatever they are and a Buffallo team that was going through a 3-7 slump. Islander 2-0 this season off a home loss and Special teams last 10 - Islanders have given up 5 and scored 4. Boston has given up 12 and scored 5. Feel Islanders are a real team off a loss in a bad spot and Boston mostly an illusion.

Adding Tampa plus 40 cents. Not really comfortable with this. Islanders involved domination but also just better team. Here--? Still looking at Tampa they won 4 straight then they lost a tight game to Atlanta based on a questionable call in ot and then lost a respectable game to a very strong rangers team in what i see as a very bad spot. Carolina 5-5 last 10 and has lost 4 of last 8 home games. See no real reason not to see if this losing streak continues.

Hope we win it together.:smiley_acbe: Will be betting the Blues for 1.5 units at least. Waiting as I think the price may go down. Legace at home on Friday guys. Seriously this trend is at least as strong as Detroit at home on Wednesdays. Just a lousy 19 straight with Canucks playing 4 in 6 and off a major win against a divisional rival.

Still looking at that Friday 1st period under in St Lou Tuck? Remember you pointing that out a few weeks back.

On the Lightning too, might just tail away on the Isles

GL man

Changed my mind and laid 35 cents for 2 units. Saw a well known capper posting the Blues at Fezziks and now think it just goes up. Am tired. Have leans to Atlanta based on NJ last 10 with 5 wins of which 4 were divisional opp now playing at a non divisional site they are 1-4 last 5 vs where the team is really lights out recently and a personal feeling that Broduer will be more interested in the Tampa game. Also possibly Buffalo. Meant to mention this last time it came up Montreal sucks last few years in the situation on the road in first game of a b-b where they end playing at home. Have bet neither and am interested in opinions. Also any thoughts on Phoenix with the prodigal sun coming back to the Ducks?

Blues just got circled at Pinny... line getting hit

Buffalo looked real sharp vs Sens the other night, MTL playing poorly in game 1, and in Buffalo to boot puts some value on the Sabres right now. Price has been solid in net though, but most likely playing tonight to get HUet in tomorrow at the Bell Centre. Throwing to the wolves? Leafs on the horizon for the Habs on Tuesday.

Played the Thrashers too.

NO thoughts on Phoenix, nice price and all, but LA and Anaheim are 2 different teams

Changed my mind and laid 35 cents for 2 units. Saw a well known capper posting the Blues at Fezziks and now think it just goes up. Am tired. Have leans to Atlanta based on NJ last 10 with 5 wins of which 4 were divisional opp now playing at a non divisional site they are 1-4 last 5 vs where the team is really lights out recently and a personal feeling that Broduer will be more interested in the Tampa game. Also possibly Buffalo. Meant to mention this last time it came up Montreal sucks last few years in the situation on the road in first game of a b-b where they end playing at home. Have bet neither and am interested in opinions. Also any thoughts on Phoenix with the prodigal sun coming back to the Ducks?

I'm on Phoenix. I know after they lost to San Jose, I swore them off, but its different with Bryzgalov... I swear its like Phoenix keeps sucking me back in lol. I too think the Sabres are a good bet tonight, you know me: I bet the habs or nothing, and I'm not betting the habs tonight. Saw the Sabres' last 2 games and they're moving, looking like last year's team, never threatened and a few breaks going their way. May have been too quick to pronounce them non-playoff bound. Games 20-40 is usually when the wannabes get separated from the real aspirants.

Great input Tuck, always looking forward to your posts, as you seem to point out a lot of useful trends and info. :shake:

Short comments from me, I'll put up my own thread later on when I filter down the leans and have my plays finalized.

Ok here's what I think: The logic that supports CBJ is fine, and gun to my head, it's CBJ ML or nothing. But they have sucked big time lately, and I don't like to play guessing when the team breaks out of the funk, as that usually leads to chasing (at least it has in the past with me) or frustration since you had the feeling they get the job done "one of these days", but backed them on the wrong one.
So it's a no play, too many variables with all these injuries and determining how Minnesota are doing right now, too many contradicting indicators here, in that kind of situation I usually take the dog or skip it. Since I feel there are better plays on the board today, it's a pass. But I agree the value can only be on the Jackets here.

I'll be taking the Sabres on the puckline here. I don't think this one goes to OT, and like Sabres' chances to win here a lot. The Habs will obviously fight hard tonight but I'm thinking if they go down 2,3-0 they could have tomorrow's game in the back of their heads. The Habs have alternated wins and losses in their last 7, thinking they keep the trend going tonight, then perhaps tomorrow get back to winning ways, prolonging the zig-zag.
All I know is, I'm not laying any chalk here, if the Sabres have really managed to wake up their offense, regular time win sounds good, and if it HAS to come down to it, I'll put my faith in an empty netter. But I don't think it does come down to that.

Can't take St Loo, the Canucks are the weirdest team around. They go 6-2 in last 8 but lose twice to Edmonton(!?). They seem to love being the unfavorable dog and tend to stay in most of their games and I don't like going against a team that can do that. They get outshot night after night, thriving off opponent's domination then score out of nothing. Not to mention the Luongo factor. Skip.

NJ are improving but Atlanta should take care of business here. I have little doubts they are currently the better team out of the two. Over 5.5 at plus money sounds good as well. No plays as of yet, will probably take ATL in regulation.

Florida warrants a play at these odds. Ok the Rangers are this sucky road team for the most of the season then they break out of their shell and now they're road favs?
I don't buy it. They're playing well but this ML price seems good all things considered, Panthers are no slouches, they may be kitty kats on the road but can roar at home. One more thing.

Tampa Bay had a classic letdown after a huge winning streak, losing consecutive games (I actually thought the Rangers would lose that one, but they stepped up, another reason for their (NYR) letdown tonight).

I think I'll play Dallas as well. They are playing rather well of late and Toronto being Toronto, they can step up on a given night but lack consistency. Regular time win for the Stars pops to mind for a medium bet.

No take on the Anaheim game.

GL tonight Tuck. :shake: I'll pull the trigger on a few bets soon.

Catfood said:
May have been too quick to pronounce them non-playoff bound. Games 20-40 is usually when the wannabes get separated from the real aspirants.

I agree, have to say I made the same mistake. Fully agree with your second statement as well.

:shake:

Blues just got circled at Pinny... line getting hit

Buffalo looked real sharp vs Sens the other night, MTL playing poorly in game 1, and in Buffalo to boot puts some value on the Sabres right now. Price has been solid in net though, but most likely playing tonight to get HUet in tomorrow at the Bell Centre. Throwing to the wolves? Leafs on the horizon for the Habs on Tuesday.

Played the Thrashers too.

NO thoughts on Phoenix, nice price and all, but LA and Anaheim are 2 different teams

You know everytime the habs lose and Huet is in nets, some of the media and fans here are everready to anoint Price the number one goalie and trade Huet cause he's a UFA after this year. Price is good, he sure is getting the Ws and he will be great but right now hes not a number one goalie. Carbonneau and Gainey are really easing him into things, picking the spots well, also the team is protective of him, playing differently than when Huet is in nets, thats not to say they have no faith in him cause the team does, he has an unflappable quality to him, like an old man whose seen it all. But Price has made some rookie mistakes, he hasn't really stolen a game so far, hes let in some soft ones as much as Huet has and also his famed puck control; Ive seen him give away the puck a few times. But because of his resume and the often mentioned optimistic future associated with him; even his crap smells like lilac. He has a much much longer leash than Huet does. Don't get me wrong I like him a lot, but I think you're right SC, I think they are throwing him a bit to the lions tonight so that he'll be the starter against the leafs, since Huet is snakebit against them. It'll be interesting to see how it goes tonight.

Back