UK beats LSU

lindetrain

Pretty much a regular
When I tried to tell people this in summer, there was a lot of disagreement. LSU was a good team, but not nearly as good as their early records indicated.

I took quite a bit of flack back in the summer when I called out LSU, so I had to make mention of the fact that UK won.

Hey, it's nice to be right once in a while. I was just looking for a little love in what was a pretty tough season, betting-wise. Besides, I took a lot of flack from people when I made the statements about this game!

:36_11_6:

Hahaha I had to do it...

When I tried to tell people this in summer, there was a lot of disagreement. LSU was a good team, but not nearly as good as their early records indicated.

I took quite a bit of flack back in the summer when I called out LSU, so I had to make mention of the fact that UK won.

Hey, it's nice to be right once in a while. I was just looking for a little love in what was a pretty tough season, betting-wise. Besides, I took a lot of flack from people when I made the statements about this game!

Hahaha I had to do it...

had to do what? make ignorant comments?

Kentucky played the game of their lives and outcoached LSU.

This is the first year that wins and losses didnt mean anything?
I mean if you take away from LSU for barely winning games what does that say about your triple overtime home miracle as a highly ranked team?

Learn to win in consecutive years and then come holla.

And normally you respond with your basketball accomplishments but the only SEC team you are better than this year is LSU. My high school team beat them by 20 over the Christmas break.

had to do what? make ignorant comments?

Kentucky played the game of their lives and outcoached LSU.

This is the first year that wins and losses didnt mean anything?
I mean if you take away from LSU for barely winning games what does that say about your triple overtime home miracle as a highly ranked team?

Learn to win in consecutive years and then come holla.

And normally you respond with your basketball accomplishments but the only SEC team you are better than this year is LSU. My high school team beat them by 20 over the Christmas break.

Can't take a joke?

Take a look around at other threads started by posters bragging about their predictions and how right they were. Let me know if there are any glaring similarities between my post and the posts in those threads.

:tiphat:

I was one of the guys that doubted you, and I will admit you were right. Congratulations! You are happy w/ your upset, and I am happy w/ my second crystal football!... back at ya! Haha

Lindetrain is taking a shot at me. If he knew how much success I've had over the years in cfb betting, other than 2007 of course, he wouldn't be taking the shot at me. Nor would he do it in person, I can assure you.

I'm not doubting your capping abilities. I don't even really have a problem with you. But why bother starting a thread patting yourself on the back about something as small as a prediction you made regarding three teams? You say you didn't do it to piss anyone off, but what do you expect when you've got a board that has more than a few UK and UConn fans on it?

I wondered when I read it. I think more highly of Cats fans than that.
Hell UK knows their place in the SEC. How could they not.
What they accomplished this year was enormous.
I argued with CKR for 3 days over this game and I was as wrong as could be. Kentucky played more physical against LSU in that game than any other team did the entire season. Our players had bugeyes after every play. I still think we should have won the game but we didnt and somehow we recovered from both that and a McFadden bitch slap.

But to be honest we dont have room for Kentucky to be a good football team. The SEC is out of control and possibly won its last title for a few years. Georgia, Florida, LSU, Auburn, Tennessee, Bammer was enough.
Now South Carolina, Kentucky, Ole Miss (has Nutt), Arky got Petrino and poor Vandy well they got a hell of a quiz bowl team.

Anyway, I think this thread was appropriate because I was going to start another one called DELAYED SHIT TALKING thread. So we could at least get all this nonsense in one place.

I've been reading nonsense on message boards for 3 days now.
I apologize for letting this one fly over my head then going on the offensive.

Seasons
End with
Championships

come on. Grid knows his football and he quit posting midseason. Maybe it was not best to go back and point out that he was right in regards to this prediction. It will likely rub some folks the wrong way.

My first encounter with gridironguy was after i took my worst beat of the year with TCU in the air force game. That night, he rubbed me the wrong way ... not much but a little bit. Since that time, i learned to appreciate his opinion on cfb. When he quit posting from "bad year burnout" , i think we lost a pretty good handicapping mind for cfb on the site. He finally comes back and posts ........ and again , maybe not the most "emily post" ( no pun ntended) thread ...... and he gets banged hard for it. When you have a bad year , sometimes your confidence can get a little hurt and it is nice to go back and look at some things you were right about. i dont want him to not want to post anymore just because he gets slammed when he does.

So while the post about the three teams he predicted about was a bit of an "i told you so" , maybe we should cut him a little slack. CTG is not about slamming people.

Speaking of which , this is not a slam n any way at lindy..... think i have made my opinion of lindy's capping skills , preseason threads and "all aboard" threads pretty clear. He knows his stuff.

i need all the smart handicappers i can get posting here next season. lets not run anyone off.

As a side note ... i do remember discussing this game with you in a thread in the preseason. You really loved the spot for kentucky and you were dead on lindy. Damn we had some good threads in july/august.

Back