UGA vs Ok State

orange&white

Pretty much a regular
Wanted some input from you guys on the over/under. I've been reading a lot of the SEC reports after the second week of practice and first scrimmage and as usually the defenses seem a little bit ahead of the offenses at this point. However, one team stuck out with how bad their offense has been so far and has some big time warning signs and that is Georgia. Richt and OC Mike Bobo have been very negative after almost every practice and Richt stated that they might have to play three or four freshmen on the offensive line rotation, which he stated is the last position you want to play freshmen. The receivers have been dropping passes for two years straight and that is a problem again so far. Massaquoi and Bailey are the two starting receivers with a lot of potentuial but continue to drop lots of balls. The first team offense is also continually had mental breakdowns and line-up problems that Richt said should not be happening from veterans. Basically a defense that was supposed to be very suspect with only 3 returning starters has been throughly dominating an offense that is supposed to be one of the better ones in the SEC. Through the comments from Bobo and Richt, the fact so many freshmen will be playing on the line, the drops don't seem to be stopping, and continous mental breakdowns I wonder if UGA is going to score at will like I previously thought when they play OK State. I know that OK State gave up a billion points on the road last year and has a great offense, but the more and more I read about it I just don't see this topping the 52.5 over under I last saw. What do you guys think, am I reading too much in the negativity coming from camp?

Wanted some input from you guys on the over/under. I've been reading a lot of the SEC reports after the second week of practice and first scrimmage and as usually the defenses seem a little bit ahead of the offenses at this point. However, one team stuck out with how bad their offense has been so far and has some big time warning signs and that is Georgia. Richt and OC Mike Bobo have been very negative after almost every practice and Richt stated that they might have to play three or four freshmen on the offensive line rotation, which he stated is the last position you want to play freshmen. The receivers have been dropping passes for two years straight and that is a problem again so far. Massaquoi and Bailey are the two starting receivers with a lot of potentuial but continue to drop lots of balls. The first team offense is also continually had mental breakdowns and line-up problems that Richt said should not be happening from veterans. Basically a defense that was supposed to be very suspect with only 3 returning starters has been throughly dominating an offense that is supposed to be one of the better ones in the SEC. Through the comments from Bobo and Richt, the fact so many freshmen will be playing on the line, the drops don't seem to be stopping, and continous mental breakdowns I wonder if UGA is going to score at will like I previously thought when they play OK State. I know that OK State gave up a billion points on the road last year and has a great offense, but the more and more I read about it I just don't see this topping the 52.5 over under I last saw. What do you guys think, am I reading too much in the negativity coming from camp?

The question I have to ask you here and I am fully aware of how bad the offense has looked, this UGA defense is not stocked with experience or returning starters, so don't you feel that it is a bit concerning that they are not having more success vs. the defense because that front 7 had to be rebuilt along with losing Oliver in the back. I never felt that UGA would score at will vs. Ok State, I think there are legit worries for this team on both sides of the lines and they have a harder game than many think with Ok St. UGA is going to have to rely on the run game (where they have proven studs and a soon to be household name in Moreno) but if there are no holes from the young offensive line I think it would be tough for them to try and open up the passing game since that has been a struggle as it is already. I really would like UGA to blow them out of the water so I can catch a ton of points with South Carolina in WK 2 but I don't think it happens, I think if they don't get upset, they win by a narrow margin.

Report out this morning is that Richt described watching the UGA offense as "not fun". Major complaint was missed blocks and not blocking well.

Public hasn't even shown up yet to affect the line, so I'd say smart/addict money moved it.

Things not looking good so far in Georgia:

We're less than 3 weeks from kickoff, and things aren't going so great. The good news is that we've still got two more scrimmages. The bad news is that we've only got two more scrimmages.

When you're heading into a season with 8 of the top 10 offensive linemen having never played a game in Sanford Stadium, you're more than a little vulnerable to problems there. The 2003-2006 offensive line recruiting has come home to roost. Saturday's practice saw a starting OL of three true freshmen, a redshirt freshman and a senior.

Luckily, Chester Adams and Scott Haverkamp should make a full recovery from their injuries in time for Ok State. Hopefully, they'll recover in time for Scrimmage 2. It's never pretty on the offensive side of the ball at this point in the fall, and this year is certainly no exception. So we can take comfort in the normalcy of it. We can also take comfort in having won the SEC East (or better) with mediocre or worse OLs in the past (47 sacks in 2003 being the crown jewel case study in overcoming OL play).

There are other issues of concern right now. Brandon Miller is "the key to the defense" according to Richt, but now he's experimenting at a new position. And there's yet to be a positive report about the Wide Receivers that I've seen.

The good news....the defense is playing pretty well over all. Plus (to quote Dean Legge in tonight's chat) Stafford went 13 of 20 in spite of playing behind a pretty rag tag OL. That's not too shabby.

rj in mid season form i see whipping out articles left and right, guess they aren't keeping you busy at work good stuff guys i see a smal victory for UGA as well. 24-21 type game IMO

rj in mid season form i see whipping out articles left and right, guess they aren't keeping you busy at work good stuff guys i see a smal victory for UGA as well. 24-21 type game IMO

Very easy for me since I get about 100-150 CFB articles via e-mail each day. Takes 2 seconds.

is that a different opinion than originally troy?

That's exactly what I say as well. UGA 24 to 21 type game. What do you guys know about OK State so far. Obviously everyone knows about Reid and Bowman, but is their D going to be improved at all? What's the rest of that team look like.

The question I have to ask you here and I am fully aware of how bad the offense has looked, this UGA defense is not stocked with experience or returning starters, so don't you feel that it is a bit concerning that they are not having more success vs. the defense because that front 7 had to be rebuilt along with losing Oliver in the back. I never felt that UGA would score at will vs. Ok State, I think there are legit worries for this team on both sides of the lines and they have a harder game than many think with Ok St. UGA is going to have to rely on the run game (where they have proven studs and a soon to be household name in Moreno) but if there are no holes from the young offensive line I think it would be tough for them to try and open up the passing game since that has been a struggle as it is already. I really would like UGA to blow them out of the water so I can catch a ton of points with South Carolina in WK 2 but I don't think it happens, I think if they don't get upset, they win by a narrow margin.

I'm not saying whether UGA will cover or not (although I tend to think they will win by 3 or 4), I was wondering about the over/under because I'm leaning strongly to under 52 1/2.

No way that there is only 45 points in that game. UGA defense is solid but OSU has a great offense. Conversely OSU's defense is putrid and that should cure any UGA offensive woes..lmao

I see a hova here in all honesty

I'm not saying whether UGA will cover or not (although I tend to think they will win by 3 or 4), I was wondering about the over/under because I'm leaning strongly to under 52 1/2.

I missed the O/U part. I was looking at the over in this game before the lines came out, I wanted something like 47 based on the theory of OkSt is shit on the road + UGA is known for good defense, the number is not in my range so I have no interest there. I think OSU is going to get their yards both through the air and on the ground. I can not say the same for UGA. I seriously think you can not underestimate the loss of Oliver. He could go man up with Bowman and do a goodjob of shutting him down, they don't have anyone now in the secondary to do it. Yes Ok St lost Woods for the yr but Bowman might be running free all day. I don't think UGA wants to get into a point for point shootout with them, they are not even close to as explosive.

A good part of me thinks Ok St pulls out the upset on the road but as a gamecock fan I realllllly hope they don't.

No way that there is only 45 points in that game. UGA defense is solid but OSU has a great offense. Conversely OSU's defense is putrid and that should cure any UGA offensive woes..lmao

I see a hova here in all honesty

That's cool and that's what most should expect giving that OK State gave over 30 points in every road game last year but Arkansas State. Just wondering since UGA's offense sounds like it is in crisis mode as much as you can be before the season starts.

That's cool and that's what most should expect giving that OK State gave over 30 points in every road game last year but Arkansas State. Just wondering since UGA's offense sounds like it is in crisis mode as much as you can be before the season starts.

Totally understandable.

I won't touch any part of this game. I woulda liked OSU at the opener of +9. Georgia backers gotta love their number now. Could this be like when Boise was there before? Thats a tough call.

UGA as analyzed by RollBamaRoll.com:

Georgia Preview from a Bama Blogger

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=right>
RollBamaRoll.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>The fine folks at RollBamaRoll are working their way through the SEC as they preview each team. Their preview of the Georgia Bulldogs is now online complete with point-counterpoint from Georgia Bloggers Kyle King and Doug Gillett. As for my take on Georgia? It's hard to know what to make of the 2007 Dawgs. My season overview and predictions are coming soon. Nothing groundbreaking...just some thoughts.

PWD

By the way -- if you need Georgia vs. Alabama tickets, try checking out Stubhub.com. They've got some premium seats available. Granted, they're at premium prices, but it's something to consider.

------------------------UGA Schedule

I Wanna SEC You Up: The Georgia Schedule

By Todd Section: Football
Posted on Fri Jul 27, 2007 at 09:34:58 AM EDT

</I>

I'm not going to make many specific win/loss predictions here, 'cause this is just a monster of a schedule, and the SEC East is too crazy to really make heads or tails of these days. I will say, though, that the division looks like a two horse race between UGA and UT, and I'll be shocked (shocked!) if the Dawgs don't manage ten wins during the regular season.

Mark Richt has yet to lose an OOC regular season game while at UGA, despite the fashionable "BOISERULZ SECDRUZLLLZ!!!111121!" stance a few years back. This season, though, Oklahoma State opens in Athens, a team whose impressive rushing attack Bama fans recall all too well, and they'll be looking to bleed a young front seven for as many yards as possible. They weren't terribly good on defense, though, so this one is manageable for the UGA offense, though probably very frustrating for UGA fans.

South Carolina visits next, and we all know the OBC loves to run up a score between the hedges. An improving defense coupled with the always inventive Spurrier offense makes SC a darkhorse for the east, but I've already called this one for UGA on the basis of a young 'Cock o-line.

9/15 sees the 1-AA Western Carolina Catamounts visting Athens, giving the Dawgs a much needed breather before a road trip to Tuscaloosa and five straight weeks with only one home game.

Replacing Mississippi State in the divisional rotation is our own beloved Tide. It's against my nature to pick against Alabama, but I've been quite clear about my fears that an experienced UGA offense could have it's way with a still learning Tide D. Both teams have exceptionally talented secondaries and youthful front sevens, so this game could turn out to be a showcase for each team's backfield.

Ole Miss is the last home game 'til November, and the Rebels gave UGA all they wanted in Oxford last season. The Dawgs should easily handle the Rebels in Athens this year, though, with Stafford finally finding his way into the offense against a suspect Ole Miss D.

The month of October will be spent on the road, with a trip to Knoxville on 10/6 giving the Dawgs a chance for sweet, sweet revenge after last year's pounding in Athens. I've already picked UGA to win this one based on the strength of their secondary's ability to shut the UT offense down. This is an important game for the eastern division, and I can really see the east coming down to UT or UGA.

Vandy stole one in Athens last year, and the Dawgs are thirsting for revenge. Even though Vandy is an improving program, last year's offensive struggles will be behind UGA this year, and the 'Dores don't stand a chance.

Next up is the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party, and this is a tough one to call. Florida owns UGA right now, though they're due for a letdown after last year's MNC run on the backs of a veteran defense. UGA has a chance to finally score some points in Jacksonville (since Richt's arrival, they've only scored more than 1 TD against Florida twice). Another hugely important game in the eastern division.

Finally the Dawgs are back in Athens, taking on the ever stingy defense of Troy. Could be a "trap" game for the Dawgs, but so far the Trojans have really only scared the BCS elite without actually winning.

The rival Teagles (whom I hear Kyle hates), make their way to Athens after being humiliated last season. This is a weird rivalry, with the visiting team usually getting the better of the home team. I expect the Teagles to have a rough year behind a horribly inexperienced o-line and without a proven RB (though Ben Tate is nothing to laugh at). Auburn's D will be stout again, but I think the Dawgs have a good shot at getting the best of them.

For their final home game, the Wildcats come calling, and UGA looks to deliver some more sweet, sweet vengeance. An opportunistic D for Kentucky was the difference in last year's game, as the Dawgs finished at a -3 turnover margin. This should be remedied this year.
Finally, the regular season ends with a trip to Atlanta to take on the Georgia Tech Yellowjackets. UGA has won six in a row, and could easily extend the streak to seven this year.

-------------------UGA Defense

I Wanna SEC You Up: The Georgia Defense

Posted on Thu Jul 26, 2007 at 09:05:16 AM EDT

</I>

<TABLE width=200 align=right><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Former SIOC Cheerleader of the Week Christine Conley and UGA.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>The biggest story of the spring for the UGA defense has to be Paul Oliver's departure for the NFL via the supplemental draft after he was found academically ineligible for the '07 season. Oliver, the CB who's 4th quarter picks against Ole Miss and Georgia Tech sealed the deal for UGA last season, will certainly be missed, though Georgia fans need to be more concerned with a thin front seven than losing a man where there is plenty of experience and talent.

Last Season
Last season saw the Georgia D finish in the top half of the conference in all the major categories save Red Zone Defense, with the departed Quentin Moses (DE), Charles Johnson (DE), Tony Taylor (LB), and Jarvis Jackson (LB) all having a hand in the Dawgs performance. Both Moses and Johnson were All-SEC selections, while Taylor was the "heart" of the D, leading all tacklers with 96 and grabbing 7 picks, another team high. They'll be missed during the start of the season as UGA looks to break in plenty of new faces and a few old ones with scant experience.

<TABLE width=175 align=left><TBODY><TR bgColor=red><TD align=left>Category</TD><TD align=left>Rank</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Scoring Defense</TD><TD align=left>4th</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Passing Defense</TD><TD align=left>2nd</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Rushing Defense</TD><TD align=left>3rd</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Red Zone Defense</TD><TD align=left>7th</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Sacks By</TD><TD align=left>4th</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Total Defense</TD><TD align=left>3rd</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>The Line
Outside of returning starter DT Jeff Owens, there aren't a lot of familiar names on the d-line for Georgia. Beside him at NT is Kade Weston, the only other player with real experience. Weston recorded 12 QB pressures and a pair of PBUs last year, appearing in all 13 games while starting six of them on his way to earning Freshman All-America honors from The Sporting News. Their bulk in the middle will be key for UGA's rush defense since both the end positions will be occupied by players with little or no experience. In the mix are Marcus Howard (fifth year senior) Roderick Battle (sophomore), Brandon Wood (redshirt freshman), Jarius Wynn (a JUCO transfer), and Demarcus Dobbs (redshirt freshman). Howard and Battle have the most experience among them, with Howard playing in all 13 last year despite not having a single start to his credit, and Battle also appearing in all 13. Wynn could also make a big push for serious playing time after being named the #6 JUCO player in America by Rivals and National Junior College Athletic Assocation 2nd Team All-America honors at Georgia Military College. Despite losing a lot of experience on the end, this unit should be effective given some time to gel.

The Linebackers
Losing all three starting LBs is never a good thing, but the Dawgs have some experience in both MLB Brandon Miller and WLB Dannell Ellerbe. Miller appeared in all 13 last season, with five starts at OLB in place of injured starters, and recorded 23 stops and 2 PBUs. On the weakside is Dannell Ellerbe, who apparently had only a so-so spring but still came out on top of the depth chart. He appeared in ten games last season, recording seven stops, and also saw time as a redshirt freshman in '05. At SLB, Darius Dewberry played in 11 games last season as a true freshman, recording six stops, while Akeem Dent, a redshirt freshman, could also push for playing time this year. This isn't the most experienced group you'll ever find, especially when you're trying to replace last season's veterans, but there is talent there.

<TABLE width=175 align=right><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>
kelinjohnsonpreview.JPG

SS Kelin Johnson</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle><TABLE width=170><TBODY><TR bgColor=red><TD align=middle>TKL</TD><TD align=middle>SCK</TD><TD align=middle>TFL</TD><TD align=middle>PBU</TD><TD align=middle>INT</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>60</TD><TD align=middle>2.5</TD><TD align=middle>3</TD><TD align=middle>1</TD><TD align=middle>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>The Secondary Even with Oliver's unexpected departure and the loss of Tra Battle (who probably still haunts Brandon Cox's dreams), the secondary is Georgia's biggest strength this year. Asher Allen, Bryan Evans, and Ramarcus Brown are all proven at CB, while SS Kelin Johnson is the leading returning tackler. Johnson recored 60 stops last year while grabbing 2 picks, while at FS Reshad Jones and CJ Byrd are competing for the start. Byrd has a leg up over Jones, appearing in all 13 last year at FS (8 tkls, 1 pbu) and serving on special teams while Jones redshirted. This group is far more experienced than their compatriots up front, and should easily be one of the top units in the league by season's end.

----------------UGA Offense

I Wanna SEC You Up: The UGA Offense

Posted on Tue Jul 24, 2007 at 08:28:41 AM EDT

</I>

I gave a cursory breakdown of the Georgia Bulldogs a while back while proclaiming them the team that scares me most on our schedule. Despite the loss of Paul Oliver in the secondary, I still stand by my assertion that this is a talented team that has all the tools it needs to make it to Atlanta at the end of the season.

The Offense <TABLE width=150 align=left><TBODY><TR bgColor=red><TD align=left>Category</TD><TD align=left>Rank</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Scoring Offense</TD><TD align=left>7th</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Passing Offense</TD><TD align=left>9th</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Total Offense</TD><TD align=left>10th</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Pass Efficiency</TD><TD align=left>10th</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>First Downs</TD><TD align=left>8th</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>3rd Down Conversions</TD><TD align=left>8th</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Red Zone Offense</TD><TD align=left>4th</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Early last season, the 'Dawgs struggles on offense were a source of shock and insane rage for many UGA fans used to the offensive prowess of HC Mark Richt. Because of that horrific start (which included a one point victory over a subsequently two win Colorado team in Athens, a thrashing by Tennessee, and losses to Vanderbilt and Kentucky), the 'Dawgs finished in the bottom half of the conference in every category save Red Zone Offense. That, of course, discounts the final three game stretch of the season in which they dismantled Auburn, bested Georgia Tech with 1:45 remaining, and came storming back from a 21-3 halftime deficit against the alway stout defense of Virginia Tech. The biggest reason for the sudden surge in offensive productivity? One Matthew Stafford, a biblical terror that has the ability to rewrite the record book for QBs at Georgia.

<TABLE width=175 align=right><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>
matthewstaffordpreview.jpg

QB Matt Stafford</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle><TABLE width=175 align=center><TBODY><TR bgColor=red><TD align=middle>ATT</TD><TD align=middle>COMP</TD><TD align=middle>%</TD><TD align=middle>YDS</TD><TD align=middle>TD</TD><TD align=middle>INT</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>256</TD><TD align=middle>135</TD><TD align=middle>52.7</TD><TD align=middle>1749</TD><TD align=middle>7</TD><TD align=middle>13</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
It took some time for young Stafford to develop, and the QB situation was a big part of the problem with UGA's offense early on last year (along with dropped passes...so many dropped passes). Joe Tereshinski was the starter until he was injured in week two at South Carolina.

When Stafford earned the nod against UAB and Colorado the next two weeks, he had to be bailed out by Joe Cox, who led the winning TD drive to best Colorado. Cox, in turn, had to be bailed out by Stafford against Ole Miss, and Tereshinski's brief return saw some costly INTs seal the UT victory and he finally lost the job to Stafford for good midway through the Vandy loss. From then 'til the Auburn game, Stafford had a miserable 4-12 TD/INT ratio, but he finally put things together against three top defenses, posting a 3-1 ratio in the finaly three games of the season. Stafford's performance in those three games should be indicative of the way he'll play in the coming season, and the skill positions for UGA are so stocked that only LSU could claim a more impressive cupboard of talent on their roster.

The Backfield
<TABLE width=175 align=left><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>
brannonsoutherlandpreview.jpg

FB Brannan Southerland</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>Rushing
<TABLE width=175 align=center><TBODY><TR bgColor=red><TD align=middle>ATT</TD><TD align=middle>YDS</TD><TD align=middle>AVG</TD><TD align=middle>TD</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>46</TD><TD align=middle>120</TD><TD align=middle>2.6</TD><TD align=middle>8</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Receiving
<TABLE width=175 align=center><TBODY><TR bgColor=red><TD align=middle>REC</TD><TD align=middle>YDS</TD><TD align=middle>AVG</TD><TD align=middle>TD</TD><TD align=middle>Long</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>14</TD><TD align=middle>157</TD><TD align=middle>11.2</TD><TD align=middle>2</TD><TD align=middle>27</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Returning at RB for the Dawgs are Kregg Lumpkin, the team's leading rusher with 798 yards on 162 carries (4.9 ypc) and 6 TDs, and Thomas Brown (62 carries, 256 yards, 4.1 ypc, 1 TD) , who tore an ACL against Vandy and was lost for the year. Depth at RB is bolstered by Knowshon Moreno, a redshirt freshman that ran for 68 yds and 2 TDS on 11 carries during the spring game, and Caleb King, a four star recruit rated as the #8 running back in the country by Rivals. Joining them is FB Brannan Southerland, who led all rushers in TDs last season with 8, while also scoring two through the air. Last year's 3.9 ypc average should be much improved with the loaded backfield UGA is sporting.

The Receivers
Dropped passes plagued the 'Dawgs last season, as go to receiver Mohamed Massaquoi suffered a sophomore slump, and the rest of the WRs and TEs underperformed in spectacular fashion. This unit should return to form this year as four of the five top pass catchers return. Leading them is Massaquoi, who caught 30 for 366 yds and 2 TDs last season. He's been moved inside to flanker, while surrounding him are AJ Bryant, a returning starter who caught 14 for 251 yds in 11 games last season, and Sean Bailey, who redshirted last year after a knee injury during '05 bowl practice sidelined him last season. During the '05 season, Bailey was a solid perfomer, catching 2 TDs in the season opener against Boise State, and two more against LSU in the SEC championship game. Also contributing last year were Kenneth Harris, Mikey Henderson, and Kris Durham, while TE Tripp Chandler looks to be more involved in the passing game after catching only two for 37 yards and 1 TD last year.

The Line It isn't all sunshine and roses for the UGA offense this year, though, as the line returns only two starters both of whom played different positions last year. RT Chester Adams started 11 last year while C Fernando Velasco started 13, both at Guard. Surrounding them are a couple of freshman and several JUCO transfers, which might actually work in the 'Dawgs' favor considering O-Line coach Neil Callaway left after accepting the position of Head Coach for the UAB Blazers, and LSU O-Line coach Stacey Searels steps in with fresh minds to mold instead of veterans forced to adapt to new blocking schemes. Of the newcomers, the left side of the line is occupied by true freshman Trinton Sturdivant at LT, and redshirt freshman Chris Davis at LG. Sturdivant enrolled early, and was named the "Biggest Offensive Surprise of the Spring" for his performance during spring camp. Scott Haverkamp joins Adams on the right side of the line at RG. A JUCO transfer from Butler Community College, Haverkamp was rated as the 58th best JUCO player in the country by Rivals. They might be shakey early on (fingers crossed, Bama fans), but this unit should improve over last year's, or at the very least do no worse.

UGA Practice Report:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=arttitle>Georgia Football Practice Notes: August 13, 2007 </TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-TOP: #dadada 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #dadada 1px solid" vAlign=center><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left><TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=articlecopy vAlign=top align=left>Courtesy: UGA Sports Communications
</TD><TD class=articlecopy vAlign=top align=left> </TD><TD class=articlecopy vAlign=top align=middle>Release: 08/13/2007
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=center align=right><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=articlecopy vAlign=center align=middle></TD><TD class=articlecopy vAlign=center align=right>
</TD><TD class=articlecopy vAlign=center align=right>
</TD><TD class=articlecopy vAlign=center align=right>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=B vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=B vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=B width=13>
arrow_on.gif
</TD><TD class=B>Photo Album </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=B vAlign=top></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD><SCRIPT>// assign objects based on browser type// static variablesvar bUserAgent = navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase();var isFireFox = (bUserAgent.indexOf("firefox") != -1);var isMac = (bUserAgent.indexOf("mac") != -1);var isMute;var mbUseNewWMP ;var bWMPisInited = false; function useNewWMP(){ var mbIsWMP7=false; if(mbUseNewWMP==true || mbUseNewWMP==false){ return mbUseNewWMP; } else { //Discover if WMP7+ is installed //http://www.streamingmedia.com/article.asp?id=8584&page=2&c=4 //if player=true or plugin = true then mbIsWMP7 var player; var plugin; var hasActiveX=false; try{ if(window.ActiveXObject) { hasActiveX = true; mSupportsScript = false; player = new ActiveXObject("WMPlayer.OCX.7"); mbIsWMP7 = true; } else if (window.GeckoActiveXObject) { hasActiveX = true; player = new GeckoActiveXObject("MediaPlayer.MediaPlayer.1"); mbIsWMP7 = true; } } catch(oError) {} try{ if(navigator.mimeTypes) { plugin = navigator.mimeTypes['application/x-mplayer2'].enabledPlugin; if(!mbIsWMP7){mbIsWMP7 = false;} } } catch (oError) {} mbUseNewWMP = mbIsWMP7; return mbIsWMP7; } }var flash;var mywmp; function assignObjects(){ if(navigator.appName.indexOf("Microsoft") != -1){ mywmp = document.Player; flash = window.document.getElementById("flashObject"); }else { if(isFireFox){ navigator.plugins.refresh(); } mywmp = window.document.getElementById("Player"); flash = window.document.flashObject; } } window.onload = function(){ try{ assignObjects(); }catch(e){ //alert(e); setTimeout("assignObjects();",1000) } }// assigns the URL and calls the player to begin// to autostart, this is called from flash in mozilla and assigned in activex vars for ie. function startWMP(linkSource, playURL){ if(isFireFox && !isMac){ if (!mywmp.controls || !mywmp.URL){ setTimeout("startWMP(0,'"+ playURL+ "')", 10); return; } if(linkSource == 1){ mywmp.URL = playURL; mywmp.controls.play(); try{ flash.resetControls(); }catch(e){} }else{ // change for production //playURL = "/images/8800/videoPlayer/video-16x9.wmv"; mywmp.URL = playURL; mywmp.controls.play(); try{ flash.resetControls(); }catch(e){} } }else if (isMac){ macVar = '<object id="Player" width="368" height="208" classid="CLSID:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6" name="Player" >' + '
' + '
' + '
' + '
' + '
' + '
' + '

' + '<embed width="368" height="208" type="application/x-mplayer2" standby="Loading Windows Media Player Components..." ' + 'name="Player" src="' + playURL + '" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/" ' + 'uimode="none" sendplaystatechangeevents="True" ' + 'url="' + playURL + '" ' + 'autostart="True" controller="true" ' + 'qtsrcdontusebrowser="false" ' + 'enablejavascript="true" >' + '</embed>' + '</object>'; document.getElementById("playerContent").innerHTML = macVar; }else{ if(linkSource == 1){ mywmp.URL = playURL; mywmp.controls.play(); try{ flash.resetControls(); }catch(e){} } else{ // change for production //playURL = "/images/8800/videoPlayer/video-16x9.wmv"; mywmp.URL = playURL; mywmp.controls.play(); try{ flash.resetControls(); }catch(e){} } } } // tells flash the duration playhead points function callDuration(){ //if (isFireFox){ // if (!mywmp.controls || !mywmp.currentMedia || !mywmp.network){ // setTimeout("callDuration()", 10); // return; // } //}else{ flash.myDuration(mywmp.controls.currentPositionString, mywmp.currentMedia.durationString, mywmp.controls.currentPosition, mywmp.currentMedia.duration, mywmp.network.downloadProgress); //} }// misc player functions function checkVolume(){ if(isFireFox){ if(!mywmp.settings){ setTimeout("checkVolume()", 10); }else{ isMute = mywmp.settings.mute; flash.setVolume(mywmp.settings.volume, isMute); } }else{ isMute = mywmp.settings.mute; flash.setVolume(mywmp.settings.volume, isMute); } } function setVolumeTo(newVolume){ mywmp.settings.volume = newVolume; } function wmpSeek(newPosition){ mywmp.controls.currentPosition = newPosition; } function clipPlay(){ mywmp.controls.play(); } function clipPause(){ mywmp.controls.pause(); } function clipStop(){ mywmp.controls.stop(); } function clipFF(){ mywmp.controls.fastForward(); } function clipRew(){ mywmp.controls.fastReverse(); } function clipMute(){ if(isMute == true){ isMute = false; mywmp.settings.mute = false; flash.setMute("false"); } else{ isMute = true; mywmp.settings.mute = true; flash.setMute("true"); } } function goFullScreen(){ if(confirm("Entering Full Screen Mode.\n Press ESC to return.")){ if(mywmp.playState == 3){ mywmp.fullScreen = "true"; } else{ alert("Video must be playing to enter Full Screen Mode."); } } } function flashDisplay(dispText){ try{ flash.displayStatus(dispText); }catch(e){} } <!-- function openInPlayer(clip, clipid){ var theURL = "http://www.georgiadogs.com/mediaPlayer/video.dbml?"; theURL += "ATCLPID=&ATCLID=1150928&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=40673&SPID=3571&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=&DB_OEM_ID=8800"; theURL += "&CLIP_ID="+clip + "&CLIP_FILE_ID="+clipid; theURL += "&CID=" + clip + "&CFLID=" + clipid + "&CONTENT_TYPE=ONDEMAND"; var theToolbarLine = "toolbar=no,location=no,menubar=no,status=yes,scrollbars=no,resizable=yes,"; theToolbarLine += "width=730,height=550"; var newWindow = window.open(theURL, "ONDEMAND", theToolbarLine); if(isNullWindow(newWindow) == true) { return; } newWindow.focus(); } --> </SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript event=playStateChange(NewState) for=Player> switch(NewState){ case 1: flashDisplay("Stopped"); break; case 2: flashDisplay("Paused"); break; case 3: flashDisplay("Playing"); break; case 4: flashDisplay("Fast Forward"); break; case 5: flashDisplay("Rewind"); break; case 6: flashDisplay("Buffering"); break; case 7: flashDisplay("Waiting"); break; case 8: flashDisplay("Media Ended"); break; case 9: flashDisplay("Transitioning"); break; case 10: flashDisplay("Ready"); break; case 11: flashDisplay("Reconnecting"); break; default: flashDisplay("Idle"); } </SCRIPT>
spacer.gif

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=585 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=white vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=white vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=white vAlign=top width=10>
TLCRed.gif
</TD><TD class=subhdr noWrap align=left> Article Videos </TD><TD class=subhdr align=right>
CalBar.jpg
</TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=white vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" background=/images/8800/CalSep.gif border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=white vAlign=top width=10 background=/images/8800/CalSep.gif>
CalSep.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width=585 border=0><COLGROUP><COL width=100><COL width=360><TBODY><TR><TD class=odd vAlign=top noWrap>
TVicon.gif
350k </TD><TD class=odd>Video Practice Notes: August 13, 2007 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=sm align=left><SCRIPT language=JAVASCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--function ViewPhoto(name, height, width, size_id, image_id) { var url = "http://www.georgiadogs.com//share/ViewPhoto.dbml?"; url += "ATCLPID=&ATCLID=1150928&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=40673&SPID=3571&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=&DB_OEM_ID=8800"; url += "&LOAD_IMAGE_ID=" + image_id; url += "&LOAD_IMAGE_SIZE=" + size_id; var win_w = parseInt(width, 10) + 30; if(win_w < 400) { win_w = 400; } else if(win_w > 800) { win_w = 800; } var win_h = parseInt(height, 10) + 130; if(win_h < 400) { win_h = 400; } else if(win_h > 800) { win_h = 800; } var barOptions; barOptions = "toolbar=no,location=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,"; barOptions += "status=yes,resizable=yes,copyhistory=no,"; barOptions += "width=" + win_w + ",height=" + win_h; pwin = window.open(url, name, barOptions); if(isNullWindow(pwin) == true) { return; } pwin.focus(); if (parseInt(navigator.appVersion)>3) { if (navigator.appName=="Netscape") { pwin.outerWidth=win_w; pwin.outerHeight=win_h; } else pwin.resizeTo(win_w,win_h); }}--></SCRIPT><TABLE style="BORDER-RIGHT: #dadada 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #dadada 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #dadada 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #dadada 1px solid" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=247 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=photocopy>
NEDNLUWESIRILWG.20070813233739.jpg
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=photocopy> Photo Credit: Steven Colquitt
Quarterback Matthew Stafford (L), Coach Mike Bobo <FORM><INPUT title="Buy This Photo" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" onclick="goPtp('stafford bobo0043.jpg','stafford bobo0043.jpg','Steven Colquitt','/pics19/250/NE/NEDNLUWESIRILWG.20070813233739.jpg','/pics19/0/NE/NEDNLUWESIRILWG.20070813233739.jpg','')" type=button value="Buy Photo"> </FORM>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD class=sm><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=sm></TD></TR>
</TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ATHENS, Ga. --- The Georgia Bulldogs returned to practice on Monday with a two-a-day effort which included a full pads workout in the morning and a "shells" session in the afternoon. The Dogs worked out for approximately two and a half hours during each practice. "We had two full practices today," head coach Mark Richt said. "We didn't cut anything down. The last few practices we might have trimmed five minutes here or 10 minutes there...something to give them some kind of relief. We've been very mindful of the heat. The weather was better today, and they pushed through it pretty good."
Richt said he was pleased with the reaction of the number one offense following Saturday's scrimmage at Sanford Stadium which was controlled by the Dogs' defense.
"The offense came back and did a pretty good job, at least with the one group," Richt said. "The two group is struggling right now because of what's happened up front."
The offensive line is currently without projected starters Chester Adams and Scott Haverkamp, who are out with ankle injuries. In addition, Josh Davis is suffering from a shoulder injury and Tanner Strickland is recovering from a sprained foot.
"When you only have eight scholarship players on the line it makes it hard to give the number one defensive unit the look they need," Richt said. "The guys who are out there are working hard and getting better. The guys who are out should be back in a relatively short amount of time."
Georgia, which is ranked 13th in the USA Today Preseason Coaches Poll, opens the season at Sanford Stadium against Oklahoma State on Sept. 1. Kickoff against the Cowboys is slated for 6:45 p.m., and the game will be televised nationally by ESPN2. All Georgia games are broadcast live on the Bulldog Radio Network on AM 750 WSB in Atlanta and on both 106.1 FM and 960 The Ref in Athens. The radio audio also can be heard worldwide on both georgiadogs.com, the official website of UGA Athletics, and on XM satellite radio.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></P>

The thing i learned most from post #16 was that i still have a thing for cheerleaders after all these years

Back