Andy

Pretty much a regular
2021 Record
37-27-1 +1.47 units

BRAHIMAJ -140

ROBERTS -150

PICHEL -119

PORTER +170

looking at a few more smaller plays. I'll try and get some comments up as well.

some thoughts on these plays...

Brahimaj is an elite grappler/submission guy, great finisher. He will look to end this in the 1st round. Palatnikov is a striker, has an iffy chin though Brahimaj won't threaten him there. Brahimaj just needs to get this to the ground and it will likely be over. Hopefully he sticks to that gameplan like he should...big adv there.

Roberts has disappointed in the ufc for various reasons after coming in with hype. He's also a grappler but he has some power too. generally well rounded, questionable fight iq though. bahamondes is very young which can make him a wildcard though his defense is pretty bad, both in the boxing and takedown departments. Think roberts can take advantage if not put him away at some point.

Lingo has tremendous power, lot of quick finishes. saldana will seek to attack at range, hit lingo with kicks. gambling with even odds that lingo connects on that big ko. just a small play.

Pantoja is a very strong well rounded fighter who hasn't been finished. which is a problem for a guy like royval who needs a finish or he likely gasses and loses. royval is coming off of shoulder surgery, he is young and very big for the division. i wasn't wild about laying too big of odds here so went with a smaller play.

Pichel is a grinder who will look to push you against the fence, get you down, tire you out and basically out-cardio you. He is a lot older here which can be a worry though he doesn't have a lot of tread on the tires due to various injuries over the yrs keeping him out for extended periods. Hubbard has been up and down in the ufc, I don't feel he offers a big threat of a finish so can he win a decision? if he gets taken down he is one of those guys who seems to accept being down rather than trying to get up. think pichel gets the decision win here.

Porter...taking a gamble on some longer odds with a lower level heavyweight. these fights tend to be higher variance, who really would feel comfortable laying 2-1 with sherman? What's sherman done to deserve that? coming off a ho-hum loss to arlovsky, sherman has a tendency to gas out if he doesnt get the early finish. he will have a reach advantage here. Porter will seek to counter and basically outlast sherman with his surprisingly good cardio. his win over parisian showcased as much. porter does have an iffy chin so will have to fade the big shot for sure. hoping he can land one of his own. or just tire out sherman. this is a pure value play at these odds.

Leans on Kelleher and Madsen, odds a little wide on those 2 to play them.

Bahamondes excellent takedown defense, Roberts had the jab but not much else. Impressive finish for baha! I'll take the loss there. Young fighters improve a lot sometimes hard to guess how much.

Got the Dec winner with lingo. I had it 29-28 for him. Didn't expect to win that way but I'll take it. Saldana faded, perhaps from injury.

Pichel closed strong. I thought 29-28 but judges saw 30-27. I'll take it. Cruising!

Back