UFC ~ San Diegio

mrpickem

SDQL Badass Stat Boss
Early prelims...
  • 3/2.29 YOUSSEF ZALAL -131
  • 3/1.35 BLACKSHEAR vs ZALA o2½ -223
  • 3.50/2 JOSH QUINLAN KO,TKO,DQ,SUB -175
  • 3/3.45 NAM vs OSBOURNE o2½ +115
-Last chance for Zalal’s hype train to come back to life. Blackshear may throw up odd explosive strikes on the feet, but Zalal’s comfort on the outside should neutralize any serious threat.
-PEDs issues in for Quinlan’s UFC debut have sullied his emergence – but he is still a phenomenal athlete off the sauce. He does show a tendency to walk into his straight punches, squaring up in a manner that will offer Witt the opportunity to wrestle. The veteran’s chin issues will likely cost him the victory.
-Osbourne’s questionable durability is worrisome versus the heavy hands of Nam, but his athletic edge can keep up with anyone in the division and with Nam’s recent time on the sidelines / Osbourne’s activity, I’ll back Osbourne in a close decision.

1660420845002.png

Rest of the Prelims
  • Ontiveros KO ...Benitez and Ontiveros’ paper-thin durability ensures that any strike could be the finishing blow. Benitez’s aging/slowing has seen him caught whilst committing to heavy kicks and Ontiveros’ long reach enough to punish the veteran. Usually, opponents adjust to Ontiveros’ pressure by the mid-point of round one. Most likely this one's done before the first round ends.
  • Nunes Decision ...Calvillo can be goaded into a war on the feet and will ignore her better grappling base. Nunes has always struggled on the mat and it just so happens that she's faced two of the best on the mat. If Calvillo uses her grappling, this will be interesting. But recent fights indicate she is adamant about striking her way back to form, allowing Nunes’ pressure and volume to score highly with the judges.
  • Buday TKO ...Buday has a proper HW physique, with ridiculous durability to boot. Buday was capable of digging deep against Chris Barnett and winning behind the more consistent activity. Brzeski gets an edge in dynamism and natural fluidity, yet he gasses late and will be unable to fight his preferred fight.
  • Hill ...Can Hill stop Godinez from chain-wrestling her way to victory? Godinez was pieced apart by Luana Carolina, while Hill’s mastery of angles will puzzle Godinez. There is a waning gas tank and a career history of being out-grappled. Also, Hill represents less of an athletic hurdle to takedown so Godinez has to be favored. Hill has at times shown sufficient TDD against superior wrestlers and will definitely have an upper hand standing.

158884.jpg

[2-1-1 +0.35u]
  • 1.37/4 CHARLIE ONTIVEROS +291
  • 1/4.50 CHARLIE ONTIVEROS KO,TKO,DQ,SUB +450
  • 2/3.28 NINA NUNES +164

iu

I'm an idiot, it's on ESPN

My buddy said it was on PPV so I was scrolling through my PPV guide

UFC San Diego: Main Card​

YAZMIN JAUREGUI(8-0) VS IASMIN LUCINDO(13-4) ~ Women’s Strawweight (115)
  • Jauregui ...Two Strawweight debuts with Jauregui being the more educated fighter. She's confident on the outside, regularly resetting her feet while reestablishing her preferred distance. Lucindo’s game is mostly crafty inside boxing and clinch work and at Women’s Strawweight, that’s usually enough. Jauregui is a strong scrambler, however, and should execute cleaner work while likely sweeping the scorecards.
DEVIN CLARK VS AZAMAT MURZAKANOV(11-0) ~ Light Heavyweight (205)
  • Murzakanov TKO ...Clark may be an exceptional athlete, yet he lacks the tools to punish Murzakanov’s periods of staticity. Not to say that Murzakanov is technically polished, far from it. Despite Clark’s technical superiority, he has been overwhelmed by the likes of Ion Cutelaba and Ryan Spann. Eventually, Clark will throw a naked kick or loose strike and allow Murzakanov to snap into a trademark power counter and finish.
ARIANE LIPSKI VS PRISCILA CACHOEIRA ~ Women’s Flyweight (125)
  • Lipski Decision ...Lipski has matured since her humbling to Joanne Wood and was far more confident in setting a methodical pace and denying Bohm any attempt to go strike-for-strike. The same gameplan should be utilized vs Cachoeira, a heavy-handed yet technically devoid striker. The only worry is Lipski’s inconsistency as Cachoeira, for all her flaws, is one of the most consistent fighters on the books.
GERALD MEERSCHAERT VS BRUNO SILVA ~ Middleweight (185)
  • Silva Early KO ...No matter the craftiness of Meerschaert’s straight counter-punching, Silva owns lights-out power that will eventually catch the flat-footed grappler. Meerschaert also lacks the wrestling chops to put doubt in Silva’s mind on the feet – not that Bruno would alter his game plan anyway. Silva is error-prone, so there's always the possibility he bungles his way to the mat, but GM3’s waning durability is the biggest red flag.
22514.jpg

I have zero idea who either is - I assume Hill is the black chick who is pretty hot

That was a cool fight though

[5-3-1 +0.26u]
  • 3/1.50 YAZMIN JAUREGUI -200
  • 3/2.03 AZAMAT MURZAKANOV -148
  • 2/2.20 AZAMAT MURZAKANOV KO,TKO,DQ,SUB +110

n671soiavhh91.jpg

[5-4-1 -4.74u]
  • 5.02/2 ARIANE LIPSKI -201
  • 3.06/2 CACHOEIRA vs LIPSKI o2½ -153
  • 2/2.70 ARIANE LIPSKI DEC/TECH DEC +135

146065.jpg

[5-4-1 -4.74u]
  • 5.02/2 ARIANE LIPSKI -201
  • 3.06/2 CACHOEIRA vs LIPSKI o2½ -153
  • 2/2.70 ARIANE LIPSKI DEC/TECH DEC +135

146065.jpg
Going to need the name of this chick immediately

UFC San Diego Main Card: Co-Main Event​

DAVID ONAMA(10-1) VS NATE LANDWEHR(15-4) ~ Featherweight (145)
  • Onama KO ...Landwehr’s grinding attritional gameplan broke down L’udovit Klein against the cage. He also brings a decent counter-striking game that caught both Klein and Darren Elkins by surprise. Unfortunately, he lacks the chin to force wars on the inside and create opportunities to grapple. Nate Train’s pressure could cause Onama to technically unravel as he attempts to retain a comfortable striking distance...more likely is Onama’s real power eventually catches an overzealous Landwehr.
146061_3.jpg

UFC San Diego Main Card: Co-Main Event​

DAVID ONAMA(10-1) VS NATE LANDWEHR(15-4) ~ Featherweight (145)
  • Onama KO ...Landwehr’s grinding attritional gameplan broke down L’udovit Klein against the cage. He also brings a decent counter-striking game that caught both Klein and Darren Elkins by surprise. Unfortunately, he lacks the chin to force wars on the inside and create opportunities to grapple. Nate Train’s pressure could cause Onama to technically unravel as he attempts to retain a comfortable striking distance...more likely is Onama’s real power eventually catches an overzealous Landwehr.
146061_3.jpg
Good lord

Not about Osama or whatever his name is but that girl can't be real

UFC San Diego Main Card: Main Event​

MARLON VERA(21-7-1) VS DOMINICK CRUZ(24-3) ~ Bantamweight (135)
  • Cruz Decision ...In the past, grappling was the bread and butter of Cruz’s game. While Cruz still attempts regular takedowns, they are rarely pursued to the mat. With Vera, there's always the pathway to the ground, however. Chito is a slow starter and can be coaxed into extended grappling exchanges off his back – red flags vs the consummate game planner. However, the confidence Vera has oozed over 2021-2022 makes me believe he'll be comfortable eating Cruz’s loopy, point-scoring strikes while waiting for the perfect combination. Cruz is on borrowed time during the twilight of a great career...slowing with age and increasingly looks hurt by shots that wouldn’t have registered in the past. At 37-years-old, I’ll still back Cruz as it would be a stylistic dream if not for his long injury list.

iu

I would literally crawl through the desert dehydrated and naked (no homo) full of broken glass shards just to smell her socks

You also definitely post the best write ups for UFC, for what it's worth, and I mean on any site

Onama shot his wad early and Landwehr was very durable and deserved to win...showboating aside

[8-8-1 -14.09u]
  • 4/7.68 DOMINICK CRUZ +192

Back