mrpickem

SDQL Badass Stat Boss

UFC on ESPN 53 - Ribas / Namajunas​

Prelims:
  • 1.80/3 Julian Erosa +167
  • 2/1.44 Trey Ogden -139
  • 1/2.95 Ogden wins inside distance +295
iu
  • Two skilled flyweight finishers in Erosa /Ramos...both excel with their sub games, which mat cancel each out on the ground. Ramos is the quicker, more polished striker by a small margin, but if Erosa pushes him back with forward pressure it may be tough to utilize his speed. Both fighters like to go hard early on, so it likely comes down to endurance. Erosa probably will win that battle with durability and a deep gas tank. I'll back the dog.
  • Trey Ogden(16-6) is a master at submissions, so once he gets this to the ground, I don't think it'll take him long. However, Holobaugh has won 3 straight and is now 3-3 in UFC and if his TDD holds up he will have a great chance. I just think Ogden's speed and athleticism will get this to the ground fairly easily.
1711241807622.png
167349.jpg

[2-1 +3.44u]
Main Card:

• 3/1.60 Luis Pajuelo/Fernando Padilla Over 1½ -188
  • 2.63/3 Billy Quarantillo +114
1711245742886.jpeg
  • Pajuelo-Padilla should be a fun fight with both guys bringing a power striking game, at least for the division. Padilla welcomes the UFC newcomer and will have a grappling advantage. It may turn out they show to much respect for each other and Pajuello may not get to land his power since Fernando has length plus the threat of a takedown. Lean Padillia but for me the over is the play.
  • Quarantillo(18-5)-Zalal shapes up to be a featherweight brawl. Billy is tough as nails with an endless gas tank who always comes to bang. He will force pace with pressure, and he's well-rounded if not the most technical. Zalal has been out of the UFC for some time, but he always proved elusive and hard to pin down...sometimes making the fights less exciting. I don't see Billy Q allowing it and will force the issue.
1711245713451.jpeg

Last edited:

Prelims:
✅1.80/3 Julian Erosa +167
✅2/1.44 Trey Ogden -139
❌1/2.95 Ogden wins inside distance +295

Main Card:
❌3/1.60 Luis Pajuelo/Fernando Padilla Over 1½ -188
❌2.63/3 Billy Quarantillo +114

[2-3 -2.56u]
  • 4/2.22 Edmen Shahbazyan -180
  • 3/1.76 Karl Williams -170
  • 4/7.88 Amanda Ribas +197
1711248900608.jpeg
  • Shahbazyan(12-4)-Dobson(7-2) Shab has lost 4 of his last 5, but they were all much tougher fights than Dobson. I would expect "The Golden Boy" to get back on track vs the less experienced Dobson. Edmen is the total package, excelling in all areas, which is why he was thought to be the next big thing before his skid. He should be able to control the action wherever it goes. Normally, I hate laying -180 on a fighter on such a bad run, but I think this sets up for Shahbazyan to get back on track.
  • Tafa-Williams: So long as Williams can avoid a big early power shot, he should be able to control and dominate the fight with his wrestling.
  • Ribas(12-4) -Namajunas: "Thug Rose" was much more of a force at 115 with her pinpoint striking and length, she never had big power and will be even less at 125. Ribas is big for the division and she has been in there with top fighters so there won't be any awe in facing Rose. I expect Amanda to move forward, be the bully and make it ugly. She has shown she can take shots from better strikers, and I am totally befuddled by this line. Give me Ribas all day!
1711248483033.jpeg

UFC on ESPN 53- RIBAS VS NAMAJUNAS​

Prelims:
✅1.80/3 Julian Erosa +167
✅2/1.44 Trey Ogden -139
❌1/2.95 Ogden wins inside distance +295

Main Card:
❌3/1.60 Luis Pajuelo/Fernando Padilla Over 1½ -188
❌2.63/3 Billy Quarantillo +114
✅4/2.22 Edmen Shahbazyan -180
✅3/1.76 Karl Williams -170
❌4/7.88 Amanda Ribas +197
[4-4 -2.21u]
Well my streak ended with first losing card of the year as Rose was able to control Ribas enough on the ground to secure the decision, not that it was a bad decision...it's just I figured this bout would've played out on the feet and Ribas wouldn't have been as easily controlled, Well, it was a nice run anyway,

1711281947892.png

Summary...

UFC Fight Night: Ribas vs Namajunas Results​

• Rose Namajunas defeats Amanda Ribas by unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 48-47)
  • Karl Williams defeats Justin Tafa by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
  • Edmen Shahbazyan defeats AJ Dobson by KO (strikes) at 4:33 of Round 1
  • Payton Talbott defeats Cameron Saaiman by TKO (strikes) at 0:21 of Round 2
  • Youssef Zalal defeats Billy Quarantillo by submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:50 of Round 2
  • Fernando Padilla defeats Luis Pajuelo by submission (D’arce choke) at 2:45 of Round 1
  • Trey Ogden defeats Kurt Holobaugh by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
  • Julian Erosa defeats Ricardo Ramos by submission (guillotine choke) at 2:15 of Round 1
  • Miles Johns defeats Cody Gibson by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
  • Jarno Errens defeats Steven Nguyen by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
  • Daria Zhelezniakova defeats Montserrat Rendon by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
  • Andre Lima defeats Igor Severino by DQ (biting) at 2:52 of Round 2
  • Mick Parkin defeats Mohammed Usman by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

UFC Fight Night: Ribas vs Namajunas​

For the second time in as many weekends, the Octagon landed in the UFC APEX for a solid night of fights. Rose Namajunas and Amanda Ribas headlined the affairs with the former strawweight champion besting the Brazilian over the course of five rounds. Before those two went to battle, these fighters punched in standout performances and earned some extra cash for their efforts.

1711277915452.png

Fight Of The Night: Jarno Errens vs Steven Nguyen​

Jarno Errens earned his first UFC victory in his third try, besting debutant Steven Nguyen in a hard-fought, impressive 3-round war.

Errens found his rhythm quickly, splitting Nguyen’s lip and staying ahead of the pace on the feet. The Dutchman found plenty of success getting to Nguyen’s legs, limiting the Fortis MMA product’s movement significantly. In the second round, Errens found a home for a big shot to score a knockdown and stayed on the front foot in the third despite a game effort from Nguyen toward the latter stages of the fight.

Performance Bonuses:​

Performance Of The Night: Payton Talbott​

Reno’s Payton Talbott scored the most impressive win of his career, scoring a 2nd-round knockout win over South African bantamweight prospect Cameron Saaiman.

Talbott beat Saaiman up plenty early, including a big knee in the first round that put him on the front foot. From there, Talbott was in rhythm. He walked forward, picked his shots, varied his targets and moved with little concern for what Saaiman threw back toward him. In the second round, Talbott cracked Saaiman with a clean left hook and pounched on him to complete the finish.

Performance Of The Night: Fernando Padilla​

Fernando Padilla walked into the UFC APEX with a point to prove and made it emphatically to the tune of a 1st-round submission win over Luis Pajuelo. Padilla got an early knockdown with a slick left hand, which led to him taking control of his opponent on the ground. As the Peruvian worked back to his feet, Padilla locked in a standing D’arce choke to get the submission win .

Last edited:
Back