UFC Fight Night 13

mogo

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
The UFC has released its televised card for UFC Fight Night 13, a Spike TV event that takes place April 2 at the Broomfield Event Center near Denver, Colo.

The 10-fight event, headlined by a lightweight bout between Kenny Florian and Joe Lauzon, is arguably the deepest and most talent-rich fight card in Spike TV and Fight Night history.

As of now, the broadcast is set for two hours. However, MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) recently spoke to a Spike TV representative who said the cable station is considering making it a three-hour broadcast to squeeze in an extra fight or two. Currently, only four fights are guaranteed TV time. However, a number of websites — with FightLinker.com leading the charge — have bombarded Spike TV with email requests for an additional hour of broadcast time.

Time will tell if it works.

The official card for the event — for now — includes:

MAIN CARD
  • Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon
  • Thiago Alves vs. Karo Parisyan
  • Tim Boetsch* vs. Matt Hamill
  • Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin
PRELIMINARY CARD
  • Frank Edgar vs. Gray Maynard
  • Marcus Aurelio vs. Spencer Fisher
  • Josh Neer vs. Din Thomas
  • Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo
  • Roman Mitichyan vs. George Sotiropoulos
  • Anthony Johnson vs. Tommy Speer
* — Boetsch, a replacement for injured Stephan Bonnar, has not yet been confirmed by the UFC.

UFC Fight Night 13 will serve as a lead-in for “The Ultimate Fighter 7,” the latest installment of the UFC and Spike TV’s hit reality series. The seventh season of the show, which will feature 32 middleweight hopefuls, includes UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton Jackson and the original winner of “The Ultimate Fighter,” Forrest Griffin, as coaches.

WOW!!!Awesome looking card just wish Edgar/Maynard was on the Main card

Mogo do you follow WEC at all? Great fights last night plus I went 3-0 on my bets. Leonard Garcia looked great. I knew when he lost to Huerta last year this kid would be good to watch in the future. He dropped to 145 at looked real good.

Not a big fan of Kenny Florian; I do give him credit on though he has skills. He's been wiping the floor with his current win streak in the LW division. How many more times are we going to hear speak about how bad he wants a shot at the title and that he's number 1 in the LW division??....ah yeah, there's a guy name BJ at the top of the list.

I used to like Parisyan, but after the way how he acted in the last TUF towards Nate Diaz, he has no class...."Dont they know who I am...I could do so much things to them, they wouldn't even know it!!".....yeah whatevers! I hope Alves KTFO out of him...

Mogo do you follow WEC at all? Great fights last night plus I went 3-0 on my bets. Leonard Garcia looked great. I knew when he lost to Huerta last year this kid would be good to watch in the future. He dropped to 145 at looked real good.

Real solid fights last night, I really like the competition in the WEC, you can tell these guys are hungry and take nothing for granted.

Best fight of the night was Varner vs. McCullough......he got KTFO!!

Did you see him when he was sitting against the fence, arms down, legs wide open.....he didn't know what hit him.

i'm a little late on the response here....

i really don't follow WEC as closely as UFC. it is basically the same organization, however i do not know a lot of the fighters from the WEC aside from those who have gone from UFC to WEC.

i do agree the Garcia looked very good in his fight. we will probably be seeing alot more from him.

UFC Fight Night 13 Will Be a Three-Hour Broadcast

UFC Fight Night 13 will be a three-hour broadcast on Spike TV, after all.

The UFC has made no official announcement, and Spike TV could not confirm the news, but a source close to the event exclusively told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that April 2’s UFC Fight Night 13 event will, in fact, run three hours.

The event takes place at the Broomfield Event Center near Denver, Colo., and features what is perhaps the most talent-rich fight card in Spike TV history. Kenny Florian and Joe Lauzon meet in the night’s main event, while fan favorites such as Clay Guida, Matt Hamill, Karo Parisyan, Frankie Edgar and Houston Alexander fill out the undercard.

The MMA fanbase recently kicked off a letter-writing campaign to Spike TV executives asking that the broadcast run three hours rather than the usual two. UFC President Dana White recently stated that the decision was Spike TV’s — and Spike TV’s alone — to make, which prompted a campaign fueled by MMA blogs and message boards.

UFC Fight Night 13 will serve as a lead-in for “The Ultimate Fighter 7,” the latest installment of the UFC and Spike TV’s hit reality series. The seventh season of the show, which will feature 32 UFC middleweight hopefuls, includes UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton Jackson and the original winner of “The Ultimate Fighter,” Forrest Griffin, as coaches.

Spike TV will likely announced news of the three-hour broadcast, as well as an updated televised card, this week, we’re told. With the late switch of Tim Boetsch for Stephan Bonnar, and the inclusion of additional televised bouts, the official card released by the UFC last week is expected to change.

The latest card, in no particular order (aside from the main event), now includes:
  • Tim Boetsch vs. Matt Hamill
  • Nate Diaz vs. Kurt Pellegrino*
  • Frank Edgar vs. Gray Maynard
  • Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo
* — GracieFighter.com today confirmed that “The Ultimate Fighter 6” winner Nate Diaz (8-2 MMA, 3-0 UFC) has been added to the card. He’s expected to face Kurt Pellegrino (11-3 MMA, 3-2 UFC).

it's so nice of Spike TV to give us an extra hour for this huge card of star studded fights.... we will get some great free fights, so i am really looking forward to this one....

I wonder if Houston Alexander can make a quick comeback......though still new in the UFC, his last fight showed he had no ground game. Hopefully, he can keep this fight on his feet rather than going to the ground. I really want to him see do good in the UFC.

I'm glad Spike is making it a 3 hour televised show, ever since they showed the TUF and UFC, their ratings have skyrocketed.

I dont see Irvin going to the ground so the chances of seeing a stand up fight are probably about 99.9%.

There isnt a fight that I dont want to see. The last two would be the "iffy" ones, but I would like to see them just to see their progression. Other than them, the rest has some really nice matchups. I wont get to see it, but I would really like to see Neer/Thomas. Neer has been in some scraps.

updated fight card.....

MAIN CARD (TELEVISED)
  • Tim Boetsch vs. Matt Hamill
  • Nate Diaz vs. Kurt Pellegrino
  • Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard (swing bout; may not be televised)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UN-TELEVISED)
  • Jeff Cox vs. Manny Gamburyan
  • Samy Schiavo vs. Clay Guida

this event is so fuckin stacked it's sick..... why oh why can't all these fights be televised!!!

Early results so far:

Marcus Aurelio defeats Ryan Roberts via submission (armbar) in round one
Manny Gamburyan defeats Jeff Cox via submission (guillotine choke) in round one
Clay Guida defeats Samy Schiavo via technical knockout (strikes) in round one

George Sotiropoulos defeats Roman Mitichyan via technical knockout (strikes) in round two
Anthony Johnson defeats Tommy Speer via knockout in round one

Back