UFC Columbus Picks

Andy

Pretty much a regular
2022 UFC Record
11-8 -.45 units

Was in vegas last week during the london card and I didn't make any plays though I wish I had pulled the trigger on Arnold Allen. Was a fun card to watch I guess more than bet on, was prob being too cautious cause i had a bad day in hoops the day before. BTW, if you are ever in vegas and wanting to watch fights that are on ESPN+, theres a little bar upstairs at the D downtown called BarCanada that shows fights. they may also show them at the Circa in the "fight warehouse" but it was being used for march madness when I was there. Not sure if they just do PPVs only there or what. The fight warehouse is an odd room, its an unfinished upstairs room at the otherwise incredible Circa. Supposedly they are going to turn it into a proper ballroom over the next yr or so.

On to this card, I'm pumped they are finally taking fight nights back to various cities. I hope we see the last of the APEX sometime soon. The smaller cage is fun but full crowds are much preferred.

SOUZA -131

ROSA -205
(to win .5 unit)

BARBERENA -105

Souza-The play here is a fade on Saldana's gas tank. Saldana does have decent footwork and will use some kicks but Souza is the younger tougher fighter whose seen the better competition. Just see Saldana fading as this fight goes on and Souza getting the decision.

Rosa-considerably younger fighter, volume fighter who has some wrestling and should be able to avoid too many takedowns. McMann being over 40 now her path is with wrestling and ground control and she may look good early here but i expect her to fade badly and eventually lose a decision or get finished. Rosa isn't a power hitter and doesn't go for a lot of subs (she may here late though cause mcmann gets finished by sub a lot). I hate laying a big number in a women's fight so just gonna go with a half unit play just in case mcmann somehow controls this on the ground for 3 rounds. 1 round is all i see from her though, she gasses badly and has what, 1 win the last 5 yrs? Rosa should take care of business.

Barberena-another fade of an aging fighter (lot of old fighters on this card). Matt brown is 41 now and though he won his last fight vs lima (who since retired) Brown just doesnt move well anymore at all. If he doesn't get an early KO he will lose this fight. I see Barberena pressuring a lot and wearing down Brown. Barberena big cardio adv, just has to fade an early KO. Some durability question from Barberena, fight is lined closely for a reason but I often bet against the KO happening in these types of situations esp when i think a guy only has maybe a round to get one.

other leans--
Nicolau at dog odds maybe worth a stab. solid power, faced better competition than dvorak.

Gutierrez is probably my strongest lean, I almost made a play on him, maybe if the dog odds go back up to where they were earlier in the week. I like gutierrez movement and variety of strikes. Batgeral is tough though and the counters will be there for him.

Borschchev-a killer who will go for it and Diakiese isn't one who faces adversity well. think diakiese will try to be evasive, maybe try to get it to the ground. Borschchev striking pedigree will be too much here. honestly he's prob worth a play at the current odds.

Back