UFC 75

I like Dan Henderson here. I think he takes down Rampage and beats him on the ground.

Anyway, really hoping Dana opens up the wallet and signs Fedor. That would be the biggest fight of all time. It's rediculous how little the fighters got paid for UFC 74..

I am just starting to look at the card and do a little analysis, but I am pretty sure I am going with Jackson. Henderson is a stud no doubt about it, but I think Jackson will overpower hi. H needs to go down ans stay at 185 and wipe out Anderson Silva if Franklin doesnt do it (I think Franklin has a very good chance).

The Fedor situation, everyone is blaming the UFC for this. They do need to sign him, but this is a business and business' have to preotect themselves against losses. Fedor fights for the Russian Nat'l Team and wants to compete once a year for them. The UFC said sure BUT if you get hurt, your contract is null and void and you pay back your signing bonus. He wont agree to it. I dont think the UFC is being unreasonable at all. I efinately want to see Couture/Fedor match within the next 6-8 months before Couture's age does catch up to him.

Man, I have been to the end of the internet looking for UFC 75 reading and there is nothing. I dont know if it is because they are fighting in England or what, but there is nothing going on a week away.

Not sure what you mean. There wasnt much hype for 74 either. This one is free.. The next few cards look weak imo after this one ( especially the one with lidell).

Not sure what you mean. There wasnt much hype for 74 either. This one is free.. The next few cards look weak imo after this one ( especially the one with lidell).

Take a look at the UFC 74 thread and all of the articles for that one. And there wasnt much hype? That was an incredibly hyped event! Randy Couture!! GSP!! That was out of control.

UFC 75 isnt stacked with HUGE names, but has some very good possiblities. Rampage/Henderson is enough by itself. Possible fight of the year material. CC vs Kongo, the American UFC fans get what they want....toughman contest, nothing but striking. Bisping vs Hamill has the makeup of being a good fight. I am looking forward to these three. I am alos looking forward to seeing Houston Alexander fight again. The English cards are put together for a reason. Has a European taste to attract more PPV buys there while they show to the U.S. for free. They dont want "all" of the U.S. talent fighting in England and then showing it free on T.V. when they can sell the PPVs here fighting in Vegas.

UFC 76 doesnt have a title bout, but nonetheless a solid card.

Rua v Griffin
Liddell v Jardine
Sanchez v Fitch (fight of the year material)
Nakumura v Machida
Griffin v Taveres

Those are pretty good fights!

Houston Alexander UFC 75 Interview — A UFCjunkie.com Exclusive

Posted by Performify on September 2, 2007 at 9:30 pm ET
UFCjunkie.com (www.ufcjunkie.com) recently had an opportunity to catch up with promising UFC newcomer Houston Alexander (7-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC), who will face UFC veteran Alessio Sakara (11-5 MMA, 2-2 UFC) this Saturday at UFC 75.
UFCjunkie.com’s Eric “Performify” Foster and new UFCjunkie.com contributor Sam Caplan caught up with Alexander and his coach Mick Doyle. Doyle is a former world champion kickboxer who runs an impressive Muay Thai and grappling gym in Omaha, Neb. (www.mickdoyle.com).
We also shot a few pictures of Alexander working out at Doyle’s gym. You’ll find those at the end the interview after the jump.
Eric Foster: Let me lead off with the classically cliche questions. Talk to us a little bit about your training and preparation for UFC 75. Walk us through what you’re doing.
Houston Alexander: I’m training three times a day. I’m doing conditioning in the morning, a lot of lifting, a lot of running, a lot of pulling, a lot of throwing. Then in the second and third (sessions), training a lot of techniques. A lot of heavy sparring, a lot of heavy grappling, a little bit of everything.
Sam Caplan: You mentioned in your last interview with UFCjunkie (see: “UFCjunkie.com Exclusive: An Interview with UFC 71’s Houston Alexander”) that you’d fought way more times beyond your official record. Can you describe some of those matches — just sort of give people a background?
Houston Alexander: I know a lot of people were saying “this guy is full of crap.” But a lot of those fights took place in Sioux City, Iowa. A lot of those fights took place in Des Moines. A lot of those fights took place in Omaha. That was three cities I was going back and forth. I was fighting every single week. I fought every single week, every single weekend. Sometimes as many as five guys in a single night. But a lot of those fights were under a minute. So I did those kinds of fights. I’d just fight every single weekend in those three cities plus a few other cities. I just fought in the smaller shows every weekend.
<IFRAME name=300x250 align=right marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://www.activeathletevector.com/OAS/AA_300x250.cfm?pub=tas.ufcjunkie&refresh_rate=60&refresh=yes" frameBorder=0 width=300 scrolling=no height=250></IFRAME>Sam Caplan: Were they underground fights?
Houston Alexander: No, they were organized fights. They just weren’t sanctioned or registered to where you guys could know that I was actually doing them.
Eric Foster: Amateur level fights — not professional fights — so to speak.
Sam Caplan: After you went against Keith Jardine, you took some heat from some people that thought that your post-fight celebration was a little over the top. Can you respond to people that make that accusation?
Houston Alexander: It’s just that adrenaline rush. It was nothing towards Keith; it was just me telling him to get up, that I wasn’t finished. All I did was tell him to get back up. It’s the way I felt. It’s the way I fight; I fight with a lot of energy and a lot of adrenaline. I called Keith’s camp after the fight, and a few people called from my camp to make sure he was OK. I had nothing against Keith. I don’t know Keith like that, but we made sure that we called to make sure he was OK after the fight.
Eric Foster: You walked into your fight with Jardine a little light, weighing in at 202 pounds, three pounds under the 205-pound limit for light heavyweight. Can you talk to us about your size a little bit? Are you still walking around lean, or have you bulked up a bit?

Houston Alexander: The nutrition company that I’m signed with, 8-Ball Nutrition, they’ve got me a little bit heavier this go round. I’m training just a little bit more than I did for my first fight. Right now we topped off at 212, but I’m actually starting to taper down a little bit. I sit naturally at 205. And I’d rather fight a little lighter anyways so I can have that quickness because the power goes nowhere. So I like to fight a little lighter so I can move a little quicker. It doesn’t matter what the size of the opponent is. I personally like to fight at a lighter weight because I’m quicker.
Mick Doyle: One of the reasons that we picked those guys — they’re local, but they’re also one of the few nutrition companies who all of their products pass all the water tests by the World Anti-doping Agency. I look at all the stuff going on right now — like with Sean Sherk — some of those products flying off the shelf just don’t test clean. And we know Houston is going to be tested. The guy looks like a freak. But he is what he is. The products just help give us a little bit of cushion for all the training we’re doing. We’ve trained harder for this fight. Because we only had seven weeks to get ready for the Jardine fight, we had to train smart. Now what we’re doing, we’ve added another workout in, just to work more of the technical stuff. I didn’t want to burn him out in seven weeks, so against Jardine we concentrated on his gameplan there, but now we can work on Houston’s game and then just tweaked his training to be able to inflict his style on Sakara.
Eric Foster: So when did you guys start your training camp for Sakara? How long have you officially been in camp?
Houston Alexander: Literally right after the Jardine fight. I was back in the gym the day after I got back. Right after that fight I was ready to go again. I’m used to fighting every week, so I started training right after the fight.
Sam Caplan: You mentioned being used to fighting every week, and now you’re working with a nutrition company. Other than that, how has your life changed with the win over Jardine?
Houston Alexander: I’ve received a lot of love from a lot of the UFC fans. Especially from the state of Nebraska, thanks to coming out in that Nebraska hat. A lot of people have shown love. It’s weird because a lot of the guys coming out of Nebraska have lost their bouts, so I don’t know if I kind of put a mark on the map for Nebraska, but I just want to make sure that I set a standard for what type of fighters are coming out of Nebraska. I felt like I’m trying to set a standard for anyone who follows after me, or even came before me.
Eric Foster: Speaking of Nebraska, you still on the radio at Power 106.9 in Omaha?
Houston Alexander: Still on the radio. That’s something that’s never going to change because I love doing it. I love playing music for people all over. I have a love for music that will never go away. I’ll still be at the station. Even if I’m making millions of dollars, I’ll still be doing it.
Eric Foster: Likewise, are you still involved with the Culture Shock School Tour?
Houston: Still involved with the Culture Shock. As a matter of fact, a few weeks ago, I was doing a class at Creighton University, a very prestigious university here in Nebraska.
Sam Caplan: You talked about how you went to training for Sakara almost immediately after the Jardine match. Chuck Liddell is taking on Jardine at UFC 76, and then Shogun Rua is going to be taking on Forrest Griffin on the same card. Did the UFC ever talk to you about facing either Shogun or Liddell?
Houston Alexander: No. I don’t really know what happened behind the scenes. All I know is we were waiting for a fight. I heard a lot of rumors, but we were just waiting for a fight. To me it didn’t matter who it was. I was going to be prepared for them.
Sam Caplan: Did Dana White give you any sort of reaction after your win?
Houston Alexander: He actually came down out of the stands to the room right after the fight. It was really cool to see him come down to the room after the fight and give us something extra. We didn’t win (the) knockout of the night (bonus), but he said here’s a little something extra for us. Because Rampage knocked out the champ, so he deserved (the bonus).
Eric Foster: Talk to us a little bit about your specific gameplan for Sakara. Obviously he comes in as a strong boxer with most of his focus on the feet. Do you guys intend to showcase your ground game? Do you plan to come out and put him away in the first 30 seconds? What can you tell us about your gameplan?
Mick Doyle: For me as a coach, I’d love to put him away in the first 30 seconds; it would be a dream for me if the other coaches about a minute of total film on Houston Alexander for our next fight. Houston has got a certain style. I think after fighting a guy like Keith and knocking him out, I think that people know exactly how powerful Houston really is. Ultimately we want to take a fighter into the game that suits Houston. But we started training right away to finetune his ground game. Houston was knocking people out with slams in his previous fights. I think he can probably wrestle right away above a lot of guys. He avoids submissions really well. His instinct is to hit, and I’m not going to try to change that. We’re just going to finetune it, so wherever the fight goes, we’re prepared for it. But ultimately I think we won’t be happy unless we knock him out, or he gives up, or the ref stops it. I mean we’ll take the victory, but I think we both feel that anything less than a knockout or a TKO will be a little bit of a letdown for us.
Houston Alexander: Yeah, because that’s what the fans want anyway.
Sam Caplan: Along those lines, Mick talks about your ground training. Just curious, do you hold a belt in jiu-jitsu?
Houston Alexander: I don’t hold a belt in jiu-jitsu. But my ground game is good; I think I’ll be able to execute a few things that might surprise people.
<IFRAME name=300x250 align=right marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://www.activeathletevector.com/OAS/AA_300x250.cfm?pub=tas.ufcjunkie&refresh_rate=60&refresh=yes" frameBorder=0 width=300 scrolling=no height=250></IFRAME>Sam Caplan: Do you have a favorite submission?
Houston Alexander: I’ve got a nice little choke around the neck area. It’s real simple. I’ll grab their shoulder and press down on their neck, but once you see it, you’ll be like “OK.” It’s more like a chop-down choke. It’s kind of weird.
Sam Caplan: Sounds like a mafia choke.
Houston Alexander: It’s a weird choke. It’s crazy, but I hope I will be able to execute it for you guys.
Sam Caplan: Word was after the Jardine fight that the UFC signed you to a new contract.
Mick Doyle: Yeah, they renewed his contract basically. I don’t think we’re at liberty to say what it was. But I think Dana has a lot of faith in Houston’s ability and understands that this guy is going to be around a while.
Eric Foster: Can you talk a little bit about who specifically you’re training with for this fight? Obviously, you’re there training with Mick Doyle and Curlee Alexander, but have you gone outside the area? Have you brought in new people to roll with since your last fight?
Houston Alexander: We’ve mostly stayed with the team from the last fight. Most of the people we have in our gym are champions already. Tim Gorham just won the U.S. title in Muay Thai like a month ago. Bryan Corley is a world champion kickboxer. The guys we have in house are great guys I’ve been dealing with since I got here — like Willie Stewart and Curlee Alexander.
Mick Doyle: We did bring in one guy who’s a good friend of mine, Bob Schirmer from Illinois. Bob is one of the best-kept secrets in MMA. He was the first American to beat a Gracie (and an inductee in the NAGA Grappling Hall of Fame -P). Bob and I actually fought back in 1999 or so in a bare-knuckle match. But we became really good friends, and his ground game is crazy. He’s just phenomenal. We had him in working with us, just kind of tweaking some things. And then Nebraska is a hotbed of wrestling so we have a couple phenomenal All-American wrestlers who come into the gym. We try to keep it in house as much as possible.
Eric Foster: Last time at UFC 71, you were on a pay-per-view card. Do you feel any different going on a card that’s going to be on Spike TV and possibly being seen a wider audience?
Houston Alexander: I’m excited for the UFC fans to actually see me. If more see me than last time, that’s even better because it just gets me more excited to be in the ring. But other than that, I’m cool. It’s just like any other fight to me.
Eric Foster: Can we get a quick take from you guys on some of the other fights scheduled for UFC 75? What do you see with Dan Henderson vs. Quinton “Rampage” Jackson?
Mick Doyle: I think Rampage is great for the UFC. I think he’s a great character, and having a guy like him as the champion will continue to build the brand. I like Henderson in this fight. I’d love to see Rampage win, but I think I like Henderson just because I think Henderson’s game is just a little bit more well rounded. I think Rampage in the past hasn’t been able to adjust within a fight as well. But Rampage has a better team around him now, so its tough to call. I think this sport needs a social guy like Rampage as the poster boy though.
Eric Foster: Another fight there at light heavyweight that might have impact on you guys: Matt Hamil vs. Michael Bisping. Do you guys have specific interest in that fight?
Mick Doyle: Our fight and the Rampage fight are the ones that interest me. The other pieces will fall where they will. The light heavyweight division is stacked. On any given day there’s probably a half a dozen guys who could be champion. I also think they’re probably not going to be champion for too long, because the division is so stacked. Something like Keith underestimates Houston, or Chuck drops his hands trying a body shot that he wouldn’t normally do, with the talent pool in the light heavyweight division you make one screw up and you’re done, you lose that fight. I think you’ll see a lot of turnaround at the top of the division for a couple years to come. Which is great for somebody like us.
Eric Foster: I know you guys don’t want to look past Sakara in the slightest, but let’s say you do put on another dominant performance and roll through Sakara. What would you guys like to happen next? Play Joe Silva, and tell us what would you like to see for Houston next.
Houston Alexander: A vacation. (laughs)
Mick Doyle: (laughs) Ultimately we want a title shot, but not right away. Not before we renegotiate our contract. (laughs) When we fight Rampage or whoever for the title, they’ve gotta pay this guy. We understand we’ve got to prove that this wasn’t a flash in the pan, that he’s got to earn his stripes, and that’s all great. I think Houston is just going to get better and better, and I’d say a year from now this man is going to be dangerous.
Sam Caplan: He’s dangerous now, man. (laughs)
Mick Doyle: As his coach, I look at the total game and what the other guys are doing. You know it’s not going to be enough for me (or) for him to just win the belt. I want him to defend it. You’ve got to have an incredible game at that point. I know we’re not there yet, but in six months to a year, it’s a different animal you’re going to have here.
Houston Alexander: A lot of people gave me a lot of flack when you asked me who I would like to fight next and I said Rampage. (Houston is referring to the post-fight video interview UFCjunkie.com conducted after UFC 71, see: “UFCjunkie.com Exclusive: UFC 71 post-fight interview with Houston Alexander”). And that’s true, you know? Who wouldn’t want to fight for the title? Who wouldn’t want to fight the top guys in the world? So for all the fans out there who got mad because they thought I was arrogant enough to say Rampage — that’s what I feel. I wouldn’t mind fighting the best fighters in the world. I want to fight guys who take it to the next level. Rampage, Henderson, all those guys are on another level. I’ve been fighting for seven years, so why wouldn’t I want to fight the top guys in the world to see where I stand?
Eric Foster: We had a chat earlier in the week with Dan Henderson (see: “Dan Henderson Online Chat Transcript — A UFCjunkie.com and Mickey’s Event”) and he is super-confident with the same kind of underlying message. He said if you’re a professional fighter and you don’t have that kind of confidence in yourself that you are that good, then you should be looking for another job.
Houston Alexander: There you go. I have confidence. Henderson has a lot of confidence. That’s what I have: confidence. It’s not being cocky. It’s being confident in my coaches and in my ability
Eric Foster: Houston did you have a chance to see any of UFC 74? Were you able to see the Sobral fight where he held on to the choke after the fight was stopped?
Houston Alexander: I didn’t watch it because I was probably training or probably resting from training. (laughs) I didn’t get a chance to watch it, but I heard about it. If the ref is telling you to stop choking a guy, you’ve got to stop choking a guy to death. If I would have continued to keep hitting Keith after the ref tried to stop me, I would have been really wrong in the situation, and I would have expected to have some kind of sanction on me. That’s crazy. You’ve got someone’s life in your hands when you’re doing that, so if the ref tells you to stop, you’ve got to stop.
<IFRAME name=300x250 align=right marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://www.activeathletevector.com/OAS/AA_300x250.cfm?pub=tas.ufcjunkie&refresh_rate=60&refresh=yes" frameBorder=0 width=300 scrolling=no height=250></IFRAME>Eric Foster: When are you guys planning on heading over to London?
Houston Alexander: Monday morning, bro.
Mick Doyle: Monday, we’re going to stop off in Dublin so he can have a real Irish breakfast. My mom’s going to cook us up a good meal, and we’ll rest for a couple hours, and then we’ll get in to London in the afternoon.

Sam Caplan: When Eric brought up the Bisping vs. Hamill match, those guys came up through “The Ultimate Fighter” TV show. At any point did you ever try to send in a video or apply for the show?

Houston Alexander: I think I told Eric before, I never used to watch the UFC. And when I tell people that, I don’t mean any disrespect to the sport or the organization, but I never used to watch the UFC. I was doing what I was doing here in Nebraska. My camp was my priority, and the UFC was way down the priority list.
Eric Foster: Mick you mentioned to me in a previous conversation that Houston had been approached by a major sports agency. Can you tell us a little more about that?
Mick Doyle: Houston just signed a representation deal with the biggest sports marketers in the world. Their client list includes Reggie Bush, Andy Roddick, Serena Williams, Kobe Bryant, Rasheed Wallace and Marques Colston. They approached us because they felt the popularity of MMA continues to grow, that it has become much more mainstream, and they felt that Houston aside from being a great fighter has a great story and would be a great candidate to represent different brands and products. So they are representing him and all his endorsement opportunities and stuff like that. So Monte (Cox) will still negotiate the fights with Joe Silva and etc., but SFX Worldwide will do all of his endorsements and stuff like that. That’s exciting that a mainstream sports marketing agency that has a phenomenal track record is breaking in to MMA and seeing the opportunities with these fighters. To me it’s another level that just legitimizes that sport, that we’re here and we’re going to be around for a long time and these guys are sports stars.
Eric Foster: I’ve also heard you guys are working on and launching a new product that may have some interest in the MMA community. Can you talk about that a little?
Mick Doyle: Sure. You know my main background is Muay Thai. And when I was in Thailand training I used to use a liniment oil. All the Thai fighters used it. But when I came back to the states, I just had a hard time getting it, and the consistency was bad. I have a background in Chinese medicine too, so I got with some pharmacists here and basically recreated a mixture and ended up finetuning it and ended up turning it in to a muscle liniment that we’re launching called Emerald Oil. My immediate group of people I thought about was fighters just because of the knocks and the bruises we take, but after taking the last year and a half product testing, basically it’s something everyone that can use — people who have arthritic joints. The stuff helps with bruising, muscle strains. It’s phenomenal. It has kept us patched up in our training. So we’re just ready to launch that product now. Houston has been using it and endorses it. The website will launch the day of the fight at emeraldoils.com.
Houston Alexander: Once you put it on, it instantly starts working on those aching muscles. It’s great to have around when you’ve done so much training during the day. It helps instantly bring comfort to the areas that are actually hurting. It instantly helps the pain.
Mick Doyle: the other thing about the product, it’s all made right here in the U.S. with all very pure ingredients. I’m very excited about it; I don’t have to send my money to Thailand any more. (laughs)
Eric Foster: Houston, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us today. Any messages for your fans?
Houston Alexander: Just want to let the fans out there know I appreciate all the love I’ve received from them. And I really appreciate what you guys at UFCjunkie.com have done for us. People really didn’t know us before the fight took place until your story broke. So I appreciate you guys covering me before anybody else. To all my fans and family and friends and to all my sponsors, I appreciate all the love I’ve been given so far. Even though I’ve only had one fight in the UFC, I’ve received a lot of love from everyone.
Houston Alexander: You guys following us around after the fight man, it was really just an incredible experience after the fight. I appreciate it, Eric.
Eric Foster: It’s that Midwest love, man. (laughs)
Houston Alexander: That’s right, Midwest love. And hopefully everything works out, and we’ll be talking to each other after the fight.
Sam Caplan: Thanks Houston. And good luck in your fight.
Eric Foster: Anything else?
Houston Alexander: I just want to give an extra shout out to our sponsors. InfoUSA, Garza Enterprises, 8-Ball Nutrition, emeraldoils.com, Lil Bro’s Tattoo, Big Brains Tattoo, Tommy’s Tires and Midwest Customs. Especially Garza Enterprises, my man there is an OG.
Mick Doyle: (laughs) “OG” would mean “original gangster” for all you white Midwest folks there. Of course that’s coming from a transplanted Irish guy living in Nebraska, so don’t listen to me/ (laughs)
Houston Alexander: Hopefully we’ll be talking about the victory after the fight.

Why is it the white trash cheers for a mowhawked white guy with tatoos on the side of his head? I freaking hate Liddell. He has no power in deciding who cheers for him, but this doesnt surprise me coming from his fans.

http://asap.ap.org/data/interactives/_sports/rampage/

That was Rampage? Umm he's so mellow, lol someone gave him some pills or what.

I love how he's honest, "I'm here to whoop some ass and get my pay day" hahah.

That was Rampage? Umm he's so mellow, lol someone gave him some pills or what.

I love how he's honest, "I'm here to whoop some ass and get my pay day" hahah.

'Page is great. I was a fan of his over in Pride and since he has been in the uFC I ahve become that much bigger.

http://www.themmadigest.com/2007/08/home-field-advantage-diminished-for-bisping/

Home-Field Advantage diminished for Bisping
Filed Under: Uncategorized
924300471_l.jpg

Photo Credit: www.myspace.com/mhamill1
At UFC 75, Michael Bisping is fighting for his pride, his security in the UFC, and also for his country. London, England’s O2 Arena is will be going wild for their local boy, and that will be energy Bisping will feed off of. But it won’t mess as much with his opponent Matt Hamill’s head as it may have with other opponents, as Hamill is deaf. Hamill noted to UFC.com, “It will definitely be an asset not to hear the crowd.” Bisping definitely fed of the English crowd at UFC 70 when he defeated Elvis Sinosic in front of Manchester fans. He stormed into the Octagon and was energized by the overwhelming support he received before and during the bout. So the crowd will absolutely be an aid in bolstering Bisping to fight to his fullest potential, but Hamill’s hearing disability will actually end up being a key asset for him in this fight. For Hamill, the rapid fans cheering for Bisping will be completely muted and not come into play.
Factors which Come into Play with Home-Field
  1. You have complete support and energy from the stadium which you can feed off of
  2. You have a lot of pressure on your shoulders, this will either make you rise to the occasion or not, depending on how you view the situation
  3. Increased media demands will be placed on the local fighter–this can be a distraction and be greater pressure to perform well
  4. If the foreign fighter has the mentality that he wants to prove everyone wrong, this can be a great source of inspiration and motivation for him to win

http://www.sportsline.com/mmaboxing/story/10315322

When you speak with undefeated UFC light heavyweight fighter Michael Bisping, he has a tendency to preface his sentences with "To be honest ..." It's a fitting phrase for one of the most candid fighters in mixed martial arts. But it's not all that necessary considering he's never anything but honest. While some fighters live in a twisted world where reality is intertwined with fantasy, Bisping speaks the truth with ease.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=320 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10 rowSpan=3> </TD><TD class=adlabel colSpan=3>Advertisement</TD><TD width=10 rowSpan=3> </TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=300 height=250><SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!--//var dclkImu='http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/imus.spln.com/'+vTag+';'+vTarget+';'+uID+';sz=300x250;tile=7;ord='+random+'?';if (switchDclk != 'off') { if (location.search.substring(1).indexOf('DCLK')>-1) document.write('<input type="text" value="'+dclkImu+'" style="width:295px">
'); document.write('<script src="'+dclkImu+'"><\/script>'); }// --></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/imus.spln.com/mmaboxing;arena=mmaboxing;feat=stories;type=psa;user=Named;ct=USA;st=KY;ac=304;age=B;seg=nonaol;ctype=lan;lang=en-us;lang=en-us;adv=b;cust=yes;fteam=NFL-TB;fteam=NBA-BOS;fteam=MLB-ARI;fteam=NHL-ATL;fteam=NCAAF-AKR;fteam=NCAAB-AF;pteam=NFL-none;pteam=NBA-none;pteam=MLB-none;pteam=NHL-none;pteam=NCAAB-none;fplay=TEN-none;fplay=AUTO-none;pplay=TEN-none;pplay=AUTO-none;u=mucafe14;sz=300x250;tile=7;ord=300842198332885?"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://afe.specificclick.net?l=280929668&sz=300x250&wr=j&t=j&u=http%3A//www.sportsline.com/mmaboxing/story/10315322&r=http%3A//www.themmadigest.com/2007/08/bisping-knows-what-to-expect-at-ufc-75-and-its-ready/&rnd=5434613&"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://adopt.specificclick.net/adopt.sm?l=280929668&sz=300x250&rnd=5434613&r=j&cxt=&kw=college+football+predictions+2007,2005+louisville+football+results+,2005+louisville+football+results+,is+mma+safer+than+boxing,dictionary&smuid=9ld-Ae7Rl4"></SCRIPT><OBJECT codeBase=http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=4,0,0,0 height=250 width=300 classid=clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000>

<EMBED src="http://cdn2.specificmedia.com/contents/16493/BRYANT_branding_300x250.swf?clickTAG=http://adopt.specificclick.net/lnk.sm?aplcd=29363;1254;1798;16493;79400.n.9.fh.wx.488@@gc@@dzhsrmtglm@@-4_9@@f@@f;1188830936198;href=http://www.bryant.com" target="_blank" quality=high bgcolor=#FFFFFF quality=high WIDTH="300" HEIGHT="250" ALIGN=""TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></EMBED></OBJECT><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3 height=10><SPACER type="block" width="1" height="10"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></P>The charismatic winner of the light heavyweight portion of the third season of The Ultimate Fighter has improved his undefeated lifetime record to 13-0 with UFC wins over Josh Haynes at the TUF 3 finale, Eric Schaefer at UFC 66, and Elvis Sinosic at UFC 70. But critics of the British-born Bisping have called him into question for having yet to fight top level opponents in the UFC.
During a recent media tour to promote his upcoming bout against fellow TUF alum Matt Hamill at UFC 75 in London on Sept. 8 on Spike TV, CBSSports.com had a chance to speak with Bisping and ask him about the quality of opponents he has fought in the UFC and whether he feels he's ready to fight the elite in the UFC's light heavyweight division.
CBSSports.com: A lot of people are curious about what camp you've been training with lately.
Michael Bisping: Normally I train at home, and I still train at home at the Wolfslair MMA Academy, but for this fight I trained with Rampage because I knew he was fighting on the same night and that he was training up at Big Bear at a great camp with some great guys.
Q: How'd did you get hooked up with Rampage?
MB: We were both supposed to do a seminar in England and the seminar fell through. He was in England for the weekend, so we went out and had a few beers and a few laughs -- we weren't training for fights back then. We just kind of hit it off from there and our paths crossed a few times due to PR for the UFC. We've always got a long and we're both fighting on the same day so we said "Let's train together."
Q: You've fought quality opponents in Eric Schafer and Elvis Sinosic since debuting for the UFC, but you've yet to take on the upper-echelon guys like Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz. Do you feel you're ready for a step up in competition?
MB: Yeah, absolutely. I'm not just here to mess with the numbers, I want to fight the best guys that are out there, whoever that may be. I definitely feel I've got the potential to do that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not underestimating people but at the same time I believe in my own capabilities. I've got to get past Matt Hamill first as I have one fight at a time and I'm not looking past it. I'll do the business on Sept. 8 and then (I'll fight) whoever the UFC wants to throw at me.
Q: There were some Internet rumors that you were considering a move to middleweight. Was there any truth to that?
MB: Yeah, it's a possibility. I'm not confirming or denying that I'm going to drop down to middleweight, but it's a possibility. I am a small 205er and I have breakfast the day of the weigh-in. We'll see what happens. I'm undefeated at light heavyweight at the moment so if it's not broke, don't fix it. Maybe if I get my head smashed in (laughs) I might change my tune and move down to middleweight -- no, I'm only joking. We'll see. Anything is possible in the future. I've got to sit down with my team and decide what's best for me but it's a possibility.
Q: Is a move to middleweight something you've considered on your own or is it a potential move the UFC has presented to you?
MB: Oh no, the UFC wants me to be happy wherever I am. It's not like there's been some big discussion of it or anything. I've just got to look at my options. I like the challenge though and I'd probably like to stay at light heavyweight. I feel like I can go to middleweight and I feel like I can take on the champion tomorrow. But I like the challenge of fighting the bigger guys so we'll see.

Q: Another rumor I wanted to ask you about were reports that you were going to fight Ken Shamrock at UFC 75. Was that match even close to being made?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=320 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10 rowSpan=3> </TD><TD class=adlabel colSpan=3>Advertisement</TD><TD width=10 rowSpan=3> </TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=300 height=250><SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!--//var dclkImu='http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/imus.spln.com/'+vTag+';'+vTarget+';'+uID+';sz=300x250;tile=7;ord='+random+'?';if (switchDclk != 'off') { if (location.search.substring(1).indexOf('DCLK')>-1) document.write('<input type="text" value="'+dclkImu+'" style="width:295px">
'); document.write('<script src="'+dclkImu+'"><\/script>'); }// --></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/imus.spln.com/mmaboxing;arena=mmaboxing;feat=stories;type=psa;user=Named;ct=USA;st=KY;ac=304;age=B;seg=nonaol;ctype=lan;lang=en-us;lang=en-us;adv=b;cust=yes;fteam=NFL-TB;fteam=NBA-BOS;fteam=MLB-ARI;fteam=NHL-ATL;fteam=NCAAF-AKR;fteam=NCAAB-AF;pteam=NFL-none;pteam=NBA-none;pteam=MLB-none;pteam=NHL-none;pteam=NCAAB-none;fplay=TEN-none;fplay=AUTO-none;pplay=TEN-none;pplay=AUTO-none;u=mucafe14;sz=300x250;tile=7;ord=44489620688709313?"></SCRIPT><!-- Template Id = 1 Template Name = Banner Creative (Flash) --><!-- Copyright 2002 DoubleClick Inc., All rights reserved. --><SCRIPT src="http://m1.2mdn.net/879366/flashwrite_1_2.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=VBScript>dcmaxversion = 9dcminversion = 6DoOn Error Resume Nextplugin = (IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash." & dcmaxversion & "")))If plugin = true Then Exit Dodcmaxversion = dcmaxversion - 1Loop While dcmaxversion >= dcminversion</SCRIPT><OBJECT id=FLASH_AD height=250 width=300 classid=clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000>

<EMBED src="http://m1.2mdn.net/1481396/video_highdef_football_v3_300x250.swf?clickTag=http%3A//ad.doubleclick.net/click%253Bh%3Dv8/35c2/3/0/%252a/g%253B125859593%253B0-0%253B0%253B17651290%253B4307-300/250%253B22193018/22210908/1%253Bu%253Dmucafe14%253B%257Eaopt%253D0/ff/ff/ff%253B%257Efdr%253D125898269%253B0-0%253B0%253B16815699%253B4307-300/250%253B22204769/22222659/1%253Bu%253Dmucafe14%253B%257Eaopt%253D2/0/ff/0%253B%257Esscs%253D%253fhttp%3A//www.comcastch1.com/%3FCMP%3DBAC-Q3VIDOTO98" quality=high wmode=opaque swLiveConnect=TRUE WIDTH="300" HEIGHT="250" bgcolor=# TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" AllowScriptAccess="always"></EMBED></OBJECT><NOSCRIPT>
video_highdef_football_v3_300x250.jpg
</NOSCRIPT><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3 height=10><SPACER type="block" width="1" height="10"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></P>MB: I think that was just one of those Internet rumors that just comes out of fresh air because I was never approached about the fight; the UFC never mentioned it to me. The first I heard about it was when I was reading on the Internet and Ken Shamrock was being pretty disrespectful about me. It was never a fight I knew about. Don't get me wrong, Ken Shamrock was a pioneer, but I'm not really into beating up old-age-pension has-beens.
Q: How much say do you have in regard to who you fight?
MB: Basically the UFC comes to me and gives me the name of a potential opponent and asks me to give my thoughts on it. So far I have not turned an opponent down, it's not my style. I wouldn't like to have to comment what would happen if that happened. I'm sure the UFC would listen to my views and we'd come to a decision together but so far I haven't turned anyone down. Joe Silva normally after a fight will just call me up and say "What about this guy?" and I say "OK" and we sign the contract.
Q: How far do you feel you are from fighting for the light heavyweight title?
MB: To be honest, it's still early yet. This will be my fourth UFC fight. I'm on a contract from The Ultimate Fighter. My aim right now is to get through that contract undefeated. I'm learning all the time and I'm definitely a much more improved fighter. Every time I fight, I am improved. I think probably toward the end of the contract if I continue (to remain) undefeated that it might be around then. But right now I think I'm a good few fights away and I'm fine with that. Once you get the belt there's only one place to go and that's down, or stay at the top. I prefer a steady progression.
Q: Matt Hamill is a tremendous wrestler but hasn't really proved to be more than a one-dimensional fighter. Is this a fight that you have no doubts about winning, or does Hamill concern you?
MB: Like you said, he's a pretty one-dimensional fighter. I don't think there's any prizes for guessing his game plan, which is going to be to take me down. To be honest, the only way I can see him winning if he was to take me down at will and control me that way and win on a decision. That said, my takedown defense these days -- if I say so myself -- is real good. I've trained with a lot of wrestlers, and they can't take me down. That's what I've been working on for the past two years, solid.
I can't really see that happening if he does take me down. I can't see him ground and pounding me much, to be honest, and I doubt he's going to submit me. On the feet, he's a little unpredictable, he's a beginner in his standup and anyone will tell you -- if it's kickboxing or anything like that -- when you spar a beginner they're all quick because they don't stick to the rules. For my sake, I hope he has improved. I hope he has been working on his striking and has more of a traditional style about him because it will make my job easier. Well see what happens on the eighth (of September).
Q: You were very critical of Hamill in a cryptic way during a blog you wrote for UFC.com several months back. For the benefit of those who might not have read it, can you talk about issues that you might have with Hamill?
MB: (sighs) God, here we go again. Well, the thing is, I feel he's in his spot for the wrong reasons. I think he's a bully. He has no respect for the people around him or his training partners -- he certainly didn't on The Ultimate Fighter. I've met people since that know him and they haven't got particularly good things to say about him. And some people don't just get along. Not everyone in the world is going to like each other.
I have respect for the guy. He's overcome some obstacles in his life, and I respect that he's overcome his deafness. He trains hard and I respect him as an athlete because he is a world class athlete. He's very strong, he's very fit, he's hungry and has got a desire to win but as a person I can't say I'm too crazy about him. Matt Hamill was calling me out and saying things on Internet sites and things like that so obviously that doesn't sit too well with me.
Q: What were some of the things he said on the Internet that offended you the most?
MB: He was just saying he's going to go around and show the world who the real Ultimate Fighter is and that I got lucky. I know for a fact he was telling people that I was scared of him and things like that. It's just ridiculous. The guy is acting like a baby. None of the guys on The Ultimate Fighter in previous seasons or seasons since Season 3 who have dropped out from injury -- you don't see them running around screaming from the bloody rooftop that they want to fight the winner and that they feel robbed. Know what I mean? It's just life, you've got to deal with it. But no, not this guy. He can't just accept it, he's saying "No, I was robbed" and "Bisping got lucky" and this and that. He's stumped his feet long enough that he's got the fight that he wants. Well, that's fine, he can have the fight (laughs) and he can get knocked out.
Q: Assuming you are able to beat Matt Hamill, is there anyone specific you'd like to fight next?
MB: Not really. I'll be honest, I don't think there's too many guys in the light heavyweight division that I don't match up well with. As I said earlier, my wrestling has really, really improved as well as my takedown defense and my takedowns. My jiu-jitsu is improving all the time. My overall MMA experience is good. Sorry, I'm going to give you the boring answer. I'm not going to call anyone out. It's the old line of "Whoever the UFC puts in front of me, I'll be happy to fight."
Q: You've fought for Cage Rage in the past. What was your experience fighting for Cage Rage like?
MB: (laughs) At the time Cage Rage in England was a professional show. I'm happy I've moved on from that organization. It didn't particularly treat me too well. Cage Rage has the guys that they like and they try to market them and promote them and all the rest of it, and I wasn't one of them even though I beat their champion on two occasions. But they're doing good things in the UK and good for them but they're certainly not the UFC even though they like to think that they're at that level of an organization. They're doing a good job of promoting in the UK, but I'm glad I don't fight for them anymore.
Q: You've mentioned in the past that one of the reasons why you wanted to be on The Ultimate Fighter was so that you could get exposure in the U.S. and fight in America. However, this will be your second consecutive fight in the UK. Have you expressed to the UFC that you'd like to fight more on U.S. soil?
MB: Well, I did say that. It's kind of ironic that I spend all my time fighting in the UK and I go on The Ultimate Fighter and win that then I have one fight in the States and then they have me fighting in the UK again. I feel like I want to carry on fighting in the States but that said, after my last fight, the advantages of fighting in the UK were massive. Obviously the crowd and no traveling. I've got all of my support network there and my whole team. But that said, I love fighting in America and I love the people and I love the press and I think that my next fight is probably going to be in the States and I'm looking forward to it.

Its great isnt it Mutu?? 2 of these in 2 weeks?? Cant beat that shit.

The Plays:

Houston Alexander - my roll dog is going to fucking destroy Sakara. Trust me on this one boys, I didnt steer ya wrong in the +350 plus Jardine thrashing.

Bisping - How is Hammill going to finish this?? Laying and praying is gonna get him beat the fuck down in Mike's backyard.

Cro Cop - Kongo is designed for him. Will stand up and catch all of his kicks all day. 1st round KO here.

Slampage - Hendo is too small. Rampage is too fierce and looking better than ever imo.

That 4 teamer is being bet straight and wheeled up and down for at least 2-4 dimes. I'll have exact numbers when I get em in.

Good Luck to all of you and WAR ALEXANDER!!!! Omaha NEBRASKA represenative.

Its great isnt it Mutu?? 2 of these in 2 weeks?? Cant beat that shit.

The Plays:

Houston Alexander - my roll dog is going to fucking destroy Sakara. Trust me on this one boys, I didnt steer ya wrong in the +350 plus Jardine thrashing.

Bisping - How is Hammill going to finish this?? Laying and praying is gonna get him beat the fuck down in Mike's backyard.

Cro Cop - Kongo is designed for him. Will stand up and catch all of his kicks all day. 1st round KO here.

Slampage - Hendo is too small. Rampage is too fierce and looking better than ever imo.

That 4 teamer is being bet straight and wheeled up and down for at least 2-4 dimes. I'll have exact numbers when I get em in.

Good Luck to all of you and WAR ALEXANDER!!!! Omaha NEBRASKA represenative.

I agree with all the plays. I really want to see Hendo go down and fight Silva, if Silva beats Franklin again. I think Franklin has a good shot. 'Page is just too big and strong for Hendo. And like you said, 'Page is in another league right now with his training, focus, etc. And a rematch with Rua IMO will be totally, totally different this time 'round.

Great stuff guys, thanks for all the info.

It's gonna be a great night, no doubt.

Anyone have any odds on these yet?

I see Cro Cop as a huge favorite with an offering at -375, but rampage and Alexander are both reasonable favesat -130ish and -160ish respectively

Cro Cop with a sense of humor.

http://ufcmania.com/2007/09/07/mirko-cro-cop-i-like-to-play-practical-jokes/

Mirko Cro Cop: ‘I like to play practical jokes’

<SMALL class=metadata></SMALL>
cro_cop.jpg
UFC heavyweight fighter Mirko Cro Cop wants everyone to know that he does have a sense of humor, according to a unique interview with The Independent.
Here’s a snip:
“People think I’m a cold person, or that I’m hard to make contact with. Even the other fighters say that. But it isn’t true: I like to play practical jokes. Maybe people find it hard to believe that a cage fighter can have a sense of humour.”
Ever since the Croatian made his Octagon debut on American soil at UFC 67 in February, he’s been reluctant to conduct interviews. But that reluctance was not new — he was no media whore when he fought for years in Japan under the PRIDE FC banner.
Cro Cop just prefers to shy away from the limelight and lets his fighting do all the talking.
However, he is a prankster. And perhaps there is no better example than when he scared the daylights out of ringside announcer, Mauro Ranallo.
Here’s the video:
<EMBED src=""http://www.youtube.com/v/s4oJsSnmGkw width=425 height=350 type=application/x-shockwave-flash wmode="transparent"></EMBED>
Cro Cop will face Parisian Cheick Kongo tomorrow night at UFC 75: “Champion vs. Champion” from the 02 Arena in London, England.

Here is the video feed to the weigh-ins. They are just shown briefly.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=search.relatedMedia&gid=7696&ss=weigh-in

Rampage looked like Rampage

Hendo was 204!!!!! Last fight he was 198. Wonder if his quickness will be shot? Will he be stronger?

CC looked the same.

Kongo looked HUGE as always. Fucker should be a model not a fighter. O am not Yag but his body is awsome.

Bisping looked a little soft. Surprised considering who he is training with.

Hamill was ripped. Nothing like what he looked like on TUF. Not that he was fat, but he is ripped now.

Alexander looked lean, cut and ripped up. Wish he would put on 2-3 more pounds.

Sakara was soft. He is going to come in throwing haymakers.

previews

Here are the previews from my website:
Website said:
A lot of money can be made on fighting, especially in lower weight divisions, especially on underdogs, and especially in UFC, where fighters are of lower quality than at PRIDE. That means more surprises, and a bigger chance for an upset. The rules are slightly different also, in UFC when you get down, you basically stay down. The first attack wins. Let's take a look at all fights in UFC 75:
Anthony Torres - Jess "Joker" Liaudin (Welterweight)
Torres is a 5-0-0 BJJ fighter, with 2 KOs and 2 wins by submission. Liaudin has 11-8-0, but I'd say his experience means a lot, as he won all of his last four fights. He fights using BJJ and muay thai, getting most of his wins by submission. Possibly a very important thing - Liaudin lives in London, while Torres will travel from Hawaii to fight. Odds are even, and I think Liaudin has a slightly bigger chance of winning. Liaudin also has longer reach. That's why we'll take Jess Liaudin @ 1.91 for 3/10 units.
Gleison Tibau - Terry Etim
Tibau is a Brasilian, and is using - guess what - BJJ. He has a 14-4-0 score, 7 of his wins coming from a decision. Not easy to beat. Etim lives in England, and has a perfect 10-0-0 score, with 9 submissions. I'm kind of undecided here, I'd say Etim is a slight underdog but has a good chance to beat the Brasilian. But the odds say Tibau is a huge favorite to win the fight. What do we do in these situations? Bet on the underdog, 2.55 for 2/10.
Naoyuki Kotani - Dennis Siver
A clear difference - Siver lost 4 times, all by submission, while Kotani didn't. He lost only through (T)KOs and decisions. It means that Siver is losing at his own game, while Kotani doesn't. And this will be a ground fight. For the record, Kotani has 17-6-5 score, and Siver 10-4-0. Japanese will beat the German, @1.48, for 3/10.
Thiago Silva - Tomasz Drwal
Silva is a clear favorite here, according to odds, but I wouldn't say Drwal has no chances. Although this is a heavyweight fight and therefore we can't expect surprises, Drwal has a 14-1-0 score, although a stand-up fighter, he managed to win 4 times by submission and lost only once, by - submission. Silva is probably one of the few stand-up Brasilian fighters, with a 10-0-0 score and 1 win by submission. This will be a stand-up fight, if it goes down I give the advantage to Drwal. Take him @ 3.75, for 2/10 units.
Marcus Davis - Paul Taylor
We have an unusual fight here. Davis is a boxer, while Taylor is a reality show winner. This might be hillarious to watch, I guess Taylor will leave an open place for some uppercut or any other KO punch by Davis. Take Davis @ 1.50, for 5/10 units.
Houston "We have a problem" Alexander - Alessio Sakara
Sakara didn't manage to beat any top fighter although he has a 15-5-1 record. He only managed to beat Elvis Sinošić, losing from all others. Alexander is a wrestler, does muay thai also, and is a hip-hop artist. Sakara started boxing only to defend himself on the soccer field in case of a fight, learning BJJ later. The way I see this, a gangsta is fighting against a coward. Take the gangsta Alexander @ 1.59, for 3/10 units.
Michael Bisping - Matt Hamill
As much as I hate Bisping, he'll win. He's a prototype of a new generation english hooligan, a spoiled brat with muscles and fighting out of fear. But unfortunately, the world's justice doesn't go far here, and his muscles gave him a 14-0-0 score. Hamill is a wrestler with a 3-0-0 score, and I doubt he can cause an upset here. So, we bet on Bisping, hoping Hamill will tame the bastard. 1.40, 2/10.
Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipović - Cheick "Kongo" Ouedradogo
Two stand-up fighters. Filipović brought a misterious reputation from Japan, being the best stand-up fighter in the world, circling to the right and waiting to deliver a left high kick, only to be knocked out by Gonzaga. I'm not impressed by Kongo. A clear muay thai fighter, slow punches (but he delivers a lot of them), lowkicks. Nothing special, and he's a righty. Mirko is a lefty. Odds are low, but let's just say Cro Cop will win this one easily. A perfect opponent for him.

Hey cafa is your site an mma site? If you cant post it here, PM it. Thanks!

Rampage v Henderson

It is obvious Hendo changed up some stratagy by putting on some pounds. He came in about 7 pounds heavier than his last fight abd that was a LHW too against Wanderli Silva. I think this shows uswhatHendo thinks Rampage's strength and size. And this is what should be the deciding factor. Rampage's spraul is legendary and his wrestling, though not Hendo's, is very good and undervalued. With his new trainer, training method, partners, dedication Rampage takes this by (T)KO, the first of Hendo's career (I think). Hendo will move down to the middleweigh division and wipe out Silva.

Bet Rampage

Cro Cop V Cheick Kongo

CC is the most feared striker in all of combate sports. He was a little arrogant coming to America and thinking that a title shot and victory was a given. He refused to practice his ground game, elbows and even cage fighting. The head kick that propelled Gabe Gonzaga to worl level mma fighter has changed CC's outlook on his game and his attitude. Kongo is a "striker" that also keeps the fights standing. One would think with his physique that once he hit you, you would fall to pieces. He doesnt hit anywhere near that. His punches are slow and very deliberate. He will not put anyone down and out with one punch like a CC or Liddell. He will however feel what it is like to be put out with one strike.

Bet CC

Bisping v Hamill

Bisping is carrying the English flag in mma. He is an all aorund fighter that is pretty good where ever the fight goes. He likes to stand and strike. He just needs to keep his emotions in check as Elvis Sinosic just about crushed his dreams and country last fight. Hamill on the other hand cant stand. He has to take the fight to the ground if he wants to win any fight. Once there, he needs to improve his positioning to do damage and to keep the fight there. It does not good the ref stands the fighters up and Hamill has to start all over. I am not for sure if he has improved since TUF. The difference here will be Bispings training partners (Rampage) compared to Hamill's (he opened up his own gym...he has to be the best there).

Bet Bisping

Alexander v Sakara

I dont know much about Sakara other than he ikes to swing and he can KO you. I dont know much about Alexander other than he can do the exact same thing. As I mentioned earlier I would like to see Alexander gain some weight, but the man is pure muscle. I am going to bet this one still.

Bet Alexander

Good luck everyone!

UFC YTD 0-0

1. Sakara +135 vs. Alexander
Alexander showed he could throw for the fences and land a big punch. The question is, can he fight a complete MMA match? From the little we saw against Jardine, he looked pretty raw. Sakara has far more experience and uses it to his advantage here. Sakara by decision.

mutosufan, no, a site with picks. I'm lazy to PM, I hope noone will mind me posting the link here, small site and it's free, so - www.bookie-hates-it.com

Yes, my man Sinošić had Bisping in the last fight, I couldn't believe he let him go. Meaning, Bisping will "meet his maker" sooner or later, when he faces tougher opposition.

In UFC, when the ref stops the fight which was on the ground, do the fighters restart in the same position or stand-up?

mutosufan, no, a site with picks. I'm lazy to PM, I hope noone will mind me posting the link here, small site and it's free, so - www.bookie-hates-it.com

Yes, my man Sinošić had Bisping in the last fight, I couldn't believe he let him go. Meaning, Bisping will "meet his maker" sooner or later, when he faces tougher opposition.

In UFC, when the ref stops the fight which was on the ground, do the fighters restart in the same position or stand-up?

Thanks for the link.

To answer your question they stand them up. I hate this rule. Outsied of two fighters just laying there spooning, the fighter on the bottom should have to work to get up.

Performify’s Picks for UFC 75

Posted by Performify on September 7, 2007 at 10:54 pm ET
Performify back with my usual round of picks and predictions for Saturday’s UFC 75 event. Before I get started, don’t forget to check out our UFC 75 Wagering Leaderboard offer for your chance to win hundreds of dollars just by betting on your favorite fights.
In case you missed it, we’re continuing our successful promotion from UFC 74. MMAjunkie.com and Bodog have combined to offer an exclusive promotion: Whoever is the most successful at wagering on UFC fights for UFC 75 will win real cash prizes from MMAjunkie.com and Bodog. This contest is open to anyone who has signed up for a Bodog account through MMAjunkie.com (using our links or banners pointing you to Bodog) and has deposited at least $20 to activate the account. See the UFC 75 Wagering Leaderboard for full details. First prize this time is $300, second prize is $150, and third prize is $50
The contest is automatic, meaning you don’t have to do anything special to participate beyond simply opening an account through us at Bodog. If you signed up through us in months’ past, or if you sign up through us now, you are automatically entered into the contest. This is only the first of many such automatic contests and promotions we’ll have for those signed up through us at Bodog. We have plans to greatly enhance the contests as time goes on!
All lines current market lines from the time of this post from Bodog.
Marcus Davis (-200) vs. Paul Taylor (+160)
This battle at welterweight features Marcus <STRIKE>“The Irish Hand Grenade”</STRIKE> <STRIKE>“The Celtic Warrior”</STRIKE> “The Irish Hand Grenade” Davis, who enters with an 12-3 MMA record, 4-1 in the UFC. Davis was a contestant on the second season of “The Ultimate Fighter” reality show and lost to Joe Stevenson in episode four. Davis made his professional UFC debut at the show’s finale, where he was defeated by Melvin Guillard. Davis since has racked up UFC wins over Forrest Petz, Shonie Carter, Pete Spratt and most recently an early KO victory over Jason Tan at UFC 72 in June. Davis is a former pro boxer with a record of 22-1-2 with 17 knockouts, and he has added a decent ground game to round out his MMA skills. Davis has trained with the Miletich camp in Davenport, Iowa, but now trains with Team Jorge Gurgel in Ohio.
His opponent, “Relentless” Paul Taylor, is an English fighter with an 8-1-1 MMA record. Taylor made his UFC debut at UFC 70, where he defeated the highly touted Brazilian Edilberto “Crocota” de Oliveira by knockout in the start of the third round. The 27-year-old is a former world champion kickboxer and was also the middleweight champion in the UK-based Cage Rage organization.
<IFRAME name=300x250 align=right marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://www.activeathletevector.com/OAS/AA_300x250.cfm?pub=tas.ufcjunkie&refresh_rate=60&refresh=yes" frameBorder=0 width=300 scrolling=no height=250></IFRAME>I think this fight could be an interesting brawl between two solid strikers. Davis may be well suited to take this fight to the ground instead of relying on his boxing skills, where he should have a decent edge over the local fighter. However, Taylor has shown very good takedown defense in his previous fights. I can’t say how developed Taylor may or may not be on the ground. He is predominantly known as striker, but Taylor does have two victories by submission on his record, a guillotine choke and a kimura.
I think Taylor does have a good chance to take this fight, especially so if Davis wants to stand and trade and Taylor can keep his distance to utilize his kickboxing skills. However, at the current odds, Taylor would have to win this fight about 40 percent of the time to make him an OK bet. While there might have been a bit of value in the opening line, I think based on the market line right now, there’s really not enough value to risk it. I will predict Davis by TKO in the third round in what could be a great fight; however, I’m not confident enough to bet it at the current odds.
Gleison Tibau (-180) vs. Terry Etim (+150)
Tibau is a highly regarded Brazilian champion in both BJJ contests and in wrestling, and comes in with a 14-4 MMA record. Tibau made his UFC debut on the undercard of UFC 65 (GSP vs. Hughes), where he was knocked out by Nick Diaz in the second round, right before Diaz escaped to PRIDE. This is Tibau’s third fight since dropping to lightweight — he first dropped down to face Jason Dent at UFC 68 in March, where Tibau won a unanimous decision. His second fight at lightweight was an early submission victory over Jeff Cox at UFC Fight Night 10.

Etim is a local, fighting out of Liverpool, England. He is balanced with a background in Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and he sports a 10-0 MMA record, with nine wins by submission and one by TKO. This is Etim’s second fight in the UFC. He previously defeated Matt Grice by first-round submission at UFC 70.
Etim has a Corey Hill-like physique, at 6-foot-1 and only 155 pounds. This gives him a good reach advantage, and it can be advantageous using those lanky limbs working for submissions (ala Anderson Silva) but also can work to his disadvantage as it gives an opponent that much more to attack and more leverage to finish.
Usually it’s the edge in the striking on the feet that decides a fight between two good jiu-jitsu guys. Etim looked pretty impressive in his first UFC fight, hanging on to score the submission over Matt Grice. However, from what I know about his ground game, while he’s a skilled BJJ practitioner, he’s not on the level of the highly decorated Tibau. I think Tibau has enough of an edge both standing and on the ground — not to mention experience in the UFC — to take this home.
Thiago Silva (-330) vs. Tomasz Drwal (+260)
Thiago Silva represents the vaunted Brazilian Chute Boxe Academy. He has a perfect 10-0 MMA record and has finished eight of his nine fights by knockout or TKO. Silva was the Fury Fighting Championships Grand Prix Champion for the 93-kilogram (205-pound) and lighter division. His most impressive victory was over Tatsuya Mizuno (KO via soccer kick) in a February 2007 Pancrase event.
Silva is an obvious hard hitter who looks very comfortable on his feet. He has a solid sprawl, good footwork and exceptional balance while delivering kicks. And you know with the Chute Boxe Academy comes ground skills as well, as Silva holds a black belt in BJJ and holds wins in BJJ tournaments.
Silva made his UFC debut on the undercard of UFC 71, where he defeated James Irvin by TKO. Silva secured a takedown about a minute into the fight. Irvin tried to fight being taken down, and he suffered a severe knee injury in the process.
Tomasz Drwal is a Polish fighter with a 14-1 MMA record. However he has not faced anyone of note in his career. He’s predominantly known as a ground-and-pound fighter with decent power and strong slams.
Many people feel Drwal is a solid underdog bet here, and it’s hard to argue against. Silva has not been extensively tested. However he does have some big-stage experience with fights in Shooto, Pancrase and his abbreviated battle with Irvin at UFC 71. He also has the Chute Boxe camp behind him. My pick here is Thiago Silva by submission in the second round.
Naoyuki Kotani (-200) vs. Dennis Siver (+160)
<IFRAME name=300x250 align=right marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://www.activeathletevector.com/OAS/AA_300x250.cfm?pub=tas.ufcjunkie&refresh_rate=60&refresh=yes" frameBorder=0 width=300 scrolling=no height=250></IFRAME>This lightweight battle features two fighters who have both made one unsuccessful trip to the UFC Octagon and are looking to get back on track. Naoyuki Kotani is 17-6-5 in MMA, primarily in the Japanese organization ZST. He made his UFC debut against Thiago Tavares at UFC Fight Night 9 back in April, where he lost a unanimous decision.
Dennis Siver is a German fighter with a 10-4 MMA record. He is 0-1 in the UFC after losing to Jess Liaudin at UFC 70 in April by a swift first-round armbar.
Thirteen of Kotani’s wins have come by way of submission. All four of Siver’s losses are likewise by way of submission. Look for Kotani to take the fight to the ground, even if he has to pull guard, and slap on a quick submission to end this fight. Kotani by submission in the first round.
Anthony Torres (-115) vs. Jess Liaudin (-115)
You might remember Anthony Torres as the Hawaiian fighter from the second season of “The Ultimate Fighter” reality show. Torres was a welterweight member of “Team Franklin” and suffered a unanimous-decision loss to Luke Cummo in the first round of the tournament format. Torres made his official UFC debut in August 2006 and picked up a first-round submission win over Pat Healy at UFC Fight Night 6. He was expected to face Roan Carneiro at UFC Fight Night 9 but was eventually scratched because of an injury. Torres is 5-0 in professional MMA.
Torres is a replacement for Anthony “Rumble” Johnson, who had to withdraw due to a shoulder injury.
London’s Jess “Joker” Liaudin is 11-8 in MMA, primarily in the Cage Rage organization. Liaudin made his UFC debut at UFC 70, where he defeated the aforementioned Siver with a quick first-round armbar. Liaudin has been training for this fight in California under Team Quest alongside Dan Henderson.
Liaudin is a steal at this price, in my opinion. He’s being undervalued because of his 11-8 record and the fact that few people have seen him fight. He is on a four-fight win streak and hasn’t been beaten in two years. Look for Liaudin to control this fight start to finish, with superior striking, solid takedown defense, and good ground skills if the fight ever does go down. Liaudin by unanimous decision, though don’t rule out a TKO in the later rounds.
Quinton Jackson (-130) vs. Dan Henderson (+105)
Quinton “Rampage” Jackson sports a 27-6 MMA record and is 2-0 in the UFC after demolishing Chuck Liddell at UFC 71 and defeating Marvin “the Beastman” Eastman at UFC 67. Jackson is a counter-puncher with good wrestling, explosive strength, strong defense and a stronger chin. Jackson is known for dramatic slams, scooping up his opponents and sending them flying through the air before bringing them back to a brutal meeting with the mat.
Some Internet pundits frequently waxed negative on Jackson in the past — at least prior to the Liddell win — saying that he’d not shown the same level of aggression since becoming a born-again Christian or saying that Jackson had never looked the same since suffering two brutal knockout losses at the hands of Wanderlei Silva (in November 2003 and October 2004) and another brutal knockout at the hands of Mauricio “Shogun” Rua in April 2005. I very much disagree with both of these assertions.
As I’ve previously mentioned in a past writeup, I asked this exact question of Jackson in the conference call held for media around UFC 71. I asked him — and I told him so — for one reason and one reason only, to give him an opportunity to silence his critics. The answer I received that day was very much what I already believed: Jackson is in fact no longer the same fighter he was in 2003 and 2004. He is a better fighter. His training and discipline has improved notably since hooking up with Juanito Ibarra. According to Jackson, he’s also significantly improved his diet and his focus since then as well.
Jackson has been training for this fight up at Big Bear, Calif., and according to this story by Yahoo! Sport’s Kevin Iole, he has been training with “nearly 20 professional fighters” in camp, including Michael Bisping and Cheick Kongo.
Dan Henderson, holder of the PRIDE welterweight (183-pound) and light heavyweight titles, steps in against “Rampage” holding a 22-5 MMA record. Henderson has notable wins over Wanderlei Silva, Murilo Bustamante, Renato Sobral and Renzo Gracie. His losses — with the exception of a questionable decision loss to Kazuo Misaki — have come at the hands of the 205-pound elite: Wanderlei Silva, Ricardo Arona, and Antonio Rogerio Nogueria twice.
Henderson earned the casual nickname “Decision Dan” in PRIDE, due to an impressive ability to grind out decision wins against some very tough competition. Henderson is used to longer format fights considering he fought in the 10-5-5 (a round of 10 minutes, then two rounds of five minutes) structure of PRIDE. However it will be interesting to see if the 5×5 structure of a UFC championship bout will impact him (if at all). He is 37 years old, but — much like Randy Couture — appears to be in fantastic shape for someone his age.
<IFRAME name=300x250 align=right marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://www.activeathletevector.com/OAS/AA_300x250.cfm?pub=tas.ufcjunkie&refresh_rate=60&refresh=yes" frameBorder=0 width=300 scrolling=no height=250></IFRAME>I have this fight as a literal coinflip. I think Henderson does have the tools to take this fight to a gritty decision victory, and he definitely has enough thunder in his hands to win. Henderson’s proclivity to take a fight to decision might actually work against Jackson’s counter style — if Henderson does just enough to steal a round but doesn’t do much else, Jackson’s counter opportunities are limited and as such he’s taken a bit out of his game. However, as Jackson proved against Liddell, his counter skills are second to none, and one small mistake by Henderson will likely have him kissing the canvas with “Rampage’ howling in triumph over him.
Watch the odds for this fight carefully. Personally I think this fight is not worth betting heavily as the fight is indeed a coinflip. If Henderson remains above even, I can justify a tiny play on him, but only for the most degenerate of fellow action junkies.
I just hope we see the elite-level war that the fight has the potential to be. If this fight delivers, being that it’s free on Spike, it has the potential to catapult the popularity of this sport the same way that the first Forrest Griffin vs. Stephan Bonner fight did.
Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic (-450) vs. Cheick Kongo (+300)
Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic had all but cemented a legacy as one of the most elite MMA fighters on the planet before Gabriel Gonzaga demolished him at UFC 70.
Cro Cop is best known as a devastating striker with perhaps the most devastating kicks in MMA. He’s famously quoted referring to his kicks: “Right leg: hospital. Left leg: morgue.” Cro Cop is a former Croatian Special Forces officer and former member of the Croatian Parliament. He has a 22-5-2 MMA record after getting dropped by Gonzaga. His losses have come to some of the best in the world: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at Pride Final Conflict 2003, an upset loss to Kevin Randleman at Pride Total Elimination 2004 (a loss he later avenged), a unanimous decision loss to Fedor Emelianenko at Pride Final Conflict 2005, and a split-decision loss to Mark Hunt at Pride’s New Year’s show in 2005.
Prior to Cro Cop’s aforementioned loss to Gonzaga and his win over Eddie Sanchez in his introduction to the Octagon at UFC 67, his previous seven fights were all been against top-tier or big-name competition: a decision loss to Emelianenko, a decision win over Josh Barnett (20-5 MMA, generally regarded as one of the top-five heavyweights in the world), a split-decision loss to Mark Hunt, and then in 2006, four first-round KO wins in a row: Ikuhisa “The Punk” Minowa, Judo standout Hidehiko Yoshida, Wanderlei Silva, and Barnett, the latter fight to win the Pride Open Weight Grand Prix in 2006.
Cheick Kongo makes his return to the UFC after last fighting at UFC 70 as well. Unlike Cro Cop, however, he walked away from the Octagon without assistance after his fight. At UFC 70 Kongo defeated Brazilian Assuerio Silva and won a rare majority decision (two judges seeing the fight for Kongo, the third calling it a draw). Kongo suffered a big upset loss in his prior outing, a split decision loss to Carmelo Marrero at UFC 64. There, Kongo spent most of the fight on the back and was exposed as a very one-dimensional fighter.
Kongo’s two prior entries to the UFC both were dominant first-round stoppages: a knockout of Christian Wellisch at UFC 62 and a doctor’s-stoppage TKO of Gilbert Aldana (RIP) at UFC 61.
Kongo is a dominant Muay Thai fighter with fantastic standup. So is Cro Cop. It will be exceedingly interesting to see how this fight plays out. If “the Croatian Sensation” is smart, he comes out and puts Kongo on his back and wins this fight easily with a kimura or with ground and pound. And if I were confident that Cro Cop would follow that game plan and simply do what it took to win, I think Kongo wouldn’t have a chance here. However, I think Cro Cop realizes his legacy is at risk, and we’re going to see him come out and try to prove a point. We could be in for an entertaining K1-style pure kickboxing match for much of the fight, which would definitely swing the odds back toward Kongo having more of a fair chance to pull the upset.
Kongo at +300 is being given a 25 percent chance to win this fight. I think that’s about right based on the information we have. If the fight hits the ground, I’d set a true line of Cro Cop -600. But if the fight stays standing, I think Kongo +300 looks like a decent bet.
I’m not comfortable laying -450 on Cro Cop without knowing how he’s going to react to his first fight back from getting nearly decapitated by Gonzaga. I think Cro Cop wins this fight by TKO late in the second round if the fight stays standing, or in the first round if it hits the ground, but I’m not comfortable betting on it.
Michael Bisping (-260) vs. Matt Hamill (+200)
Michael Bisping and Matt Hamill are both very well known from their collective stints on the third season of “The Ultimate Fighter.” Bisping sports a perfect 13-0 MMA record and is 3-0 in the UFC with wins over Elvis Sinosic, Eric Schafer and Josh Haynes. The latter win was to claim victory as the winner of “The Ultimate Fighter” season three.
Hamill – who was born deaf — sports a 3-0 MMA record (all in the UFC) and was an NCAA Division-III national champion wrestler.
Bisping has not looked that great in his last two performances, struggling early against both Schafer and Sinosic. However, Hamill has looked even worse in his Octagon performances, displaying fantastic wrestling ability but sloppy striking and minimal offense on the ground.
Hamill is a popular upset pick, but I just don’t see it happening. Yes, a superb wrestler always has the ability to play “human blanket” and utilize some elite-level “lay and pray” to scratch out a technical victory. At +200, Hamill has to pull out the lay-and-pray victory better than 33 percent of the time, and I just don’t think the value is there. Hamill showed a suspect chin on the show, and I’m pretty confident Bisping has something ready for him. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a targeted attack of well-timed knees (ala Hermes Franca vs. Sean Sherk). Unlike Sherk vs. Franca, however, I think the first such knee that lands is going to drop Hamill, and Bisping will quickly jump on top to finish. Bisping by TKO in the second round.
Houston Alexander (-170) vs. Alessio Sakara (+140)
You’ve seen extensive coverage of Houston Alexander through our previous interviews. Alexander trains under Mick Doyle, a former world champion kickboxer who runs an impressive Muay Thai and grappling gym in Omaha, Neb. Alexander is known for his punching power after dominating Keith Jardine at UFC 71, but few people realize he’s actually a decently well-rounded fighter with strong wrestling and superb conditioning. Alexander is officially 7-1 in MMA, 1-0 in the UFC.
Alessio Sakara is an Italian fighter training out of Brazil under Roberto Almeida Meneguetti. He is 11-5 in MMA and 2-2 in the UFC. Sakara’s two UFC wins are a unanimous-decision victory over Elvis Sinosic at UFC 57 and a first-round TKO of Victor Valimaki at UFC 70. Sakara has losses to Dean Lister on the undercard of UFC 60 (Hughes vs. Gracie) and lost by TKO to Drew McFedries at UFC 65. Sakara also fought at UFC 55 but was awarded a “no contest” after being kicked in the groin by his opponent Ron Faircloth.
<IFRAME name=300x250 align=right marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://www.activeathletevector.com/OAS/AA_300x250.cfm?pub=tas.ufcjunkie&refresh_rate=60&refresh=yes" frameBorder=0 width=300 scrolling=no height=250></IFRAME>Sakara has a strong background in boxing, where he has amassed a 6-2 professional record and recently fought for — and lost — the IBF junior world championship.
Alexander has been well prepared by his coaches and will not likely look to stand and trade punches and kicks with Sakara from distance. Look for Alexander to close ground, using his power and athleticism to take this fight to the clinch against the cage, and if necessary, to the ground.
I expect Alexander to work his Muay Thai background and work dirty boxing, knees and elbows inside, before slamming Sakara to the mat and finishing the Italian with a combination of punches and elbows. Sakara has a chance here, obviously — anyone with his punching power and boxing background can end a fight. However, Sakara has shown highly suspect conditioning in his career, whereas Alexander is phenomenally conditioned. If Sakara can’t catch Alexander and drop him early, he’s going to find himself on the other end of a pretty serious beating.
Alexander by TKO early in the second round.
* * * *​
For those interested in betting on the UFC you can get exact details on how to sign up at Bodog to qualify for this promotion — or even learn how to make a bet and read a betting line — by reading the series of articles in our UFCjunkie.com MMA and UFC Wagering Guide:

For those of you who haven’t tried it before, we definitely urge you to consider opening an account at Bodog and dropping a few bucks on your favorite fighter. Until you try it, you have no idea how much having action on a fight — even if it’s only a dollar — enhances your enjoyment of the entire event. You can open a Bodog account with as little as $20, you can fund your account with a credit card right over the Internet, and you can literally wager as little as one dollar on a fight.

Just got in from San Fran and am gassed....I like ALEXANDER, BISPING, HENDERSON and KONGO.

Henderson, Bisping to win 5 units
Alexander & Kongo lay 2 units each.

Good luck all!

Thanks for the link.

To answer your question they stand them up. I hate this rule. Outsied of two fighters just laying there spooning, the fighter on the bottom should have to work to get up.
That rule is not fair. They should continue in the same position, as in PRIDE.

I see UFC also doesn't have rules against kicking in the balls. I didn't watch the fight as I was on a soccer game Croatia - Estonia, but I hear it was disgraceful.

Sure, Mirko obviously isn't a fighter anymore, but still, a guy kicking in the balls shouldn't win any fight. Honor and shit.

big ups to Marcus Davis....Taylor nearly had him but Davis should true courage and grit to fight back, very fun match.

Cro Cop.....i think he should call it quits. Congo took the game to him from round 2 onwards. The Frenchman is huge, still needs a lot of work on the ground game. Cro Cop seems like a one hit one wonder now.

Bisping clearly needed the home support. Hamil had his way going for a good chunk for the 1st and 2nd.

Rampage is quite the character. Loved his post match comments about him learning Jiu Jitsu, lol. Suprised Henderson didn't dominate the ground game.

Houston Alexander............ummmmm this guy is no joke only downfall is his age but for christ sakes, who in the world would want to fight this guy. He is ripped, tough as nails and has rock solid hands and arms.

Pretty good night of fights.

Rampage was impressive on the ground. His size and strength kept Hendo's back on the mat.

Cro Cop needs to move on. What the hell happened to him? I hate Kongo. I hate watching him fight.

Hamill got robbed and raped. I had Bisping, but he DID NOT WIN that fight. He gassed in the 3rd, but the judges had their minds made up. Pretty shitty!

What can you say about Alexander? He hits you and you fall down. I am really interested in who he fights next. Winner of Rua/Griffin, Liddell/Jardine (unless it is Jardine). I think Liddell is going to fight Silva in December if he comes out of the Jardine fight unscathed.

I also bet on Bisping on the advice of you guys and a few others... But, sometimes even I don't care about the bottom line when someone gets robbed like that. That was just sick. I was talking about that with my cousin too, that I sensed there was some shady goings-on with the judges on Bisping's home turf.

You gotta feel for Hammil, I'm glad I didn't have any money on the other side or I'd be one pissed man.

Nice night other than that, although I wish there had been a bit more action in the title fight.

Thanks for the advice guys, I used it well.

I dont like Hamill, dont hate him, but not a fan. And I dont like Bisping either. I hate him now for the shit he talked after the fight. That he was the "real" TUF champion. He won the fight and Hamill can shut up (not exact words but....). Fucker!

But you know what made me mad? He didnt throw a fucking tantrum after the rape occured. I mean, if that was me, I would have gone out like a little bitch. I would have stomped, kicked, yelled, whatever to make myself look like an ass. He didnt do one thing. Maybe that is the more "professional" approach, but screw that! Man that was BS!

About Cro Cop -

just before the Minotauro fight he was fired from the finest anti-terrorist unit in the country, and among top 5 in the world. All in all, those guys mean business. They're the equivalent of your SWAT team, something like that, and something between police and army. They fired him because he couldn't live that lifestyle anymore, with all the fights in Japan.

If you remember the movie "Naked Gun" with Leslie Nielsen, Frank Drebin retired from the police force, and next day he was wearing pink slippers and baking cookies. It's a joke but close to reality...when I got fired as a bouncer, the next day I became soft. I never got back to having the same edge in communication & fighting.

Same thing happened to Mirko. That's when he lost the edge, and started losing fights. It was obvious, but became worse when he left PRIDE. He has a Grand Prix belt, looks down on UFC, and lifting weights and grappling and sparring just isn't the same as having a rifle and chasing terrorists. From a perfect concentration ready to kill his mind got numb. That's it.

I didn't want to mention it before, and didn't want to admit it, but that's what the problem is and he'll never reach his old mental form again. No matter how hard he spars. He's a senior citizen now, at age 33, and he prefers drinking beer with Van Damme than fighting.

It's a bit unfair that Mirko needs the pressure and life danger to keep the edge, while most of these other fighters couldn't ever handle it, and yet they beat him now. But that's the way it goes. Mike Tyson went down the same way. I just hope Mirko doesn't suffer another knockout, this is a thin line he's walking on.

I won on that Bisping atrocity but that was a fix for sure..UFC better look into those kinds of things or it'll turn into boxing...disgraceful.

Cro Cop broke a rib in the first. That is the reason, he said, that he didnt engage in rounds 2 and 3.

Cro Cop broke a rib in the first. That is the reason, he said, that he didnt engage in rounds 2 and 3.

i'm sure that axe kick or whatever kongo dropped on him when CC was on his back probably didn't help that much either......

i'm sure that axe kick or whatever kongo dropped on him when CC was on his back probably didn't help that much either......

Alot of breaks occur in the clinch against the cage. They bring their knee up under the little rib, the last one and it breaks. The same thing happened to Rampage v Rua when Rampage got pummuled. He ate a knee and you could see him flinch to his left and grab the rib. I dont think 'Page threw another puch the rest of the fight.

Yell, if CC rib was broke when Kongo threw that ax kick, I am sure he didnt give CC a 2nd wind. LOL

There is also a shit load of heat coming down on those judges for the Bisping/Hammil fight. Every sports site is talking about it.

This past UFC was HUGE!

http://mmajunkie.com/2007/09/11/ufc-75-broadcast-breaks-spike-tv-and-north-american-ratings-records/

UFC 75 Broadcast Breaks Spike TV and North American Ratings Records

Posted by MMA Junkie on September 11, 2007 at 1:28 pm ET
070612jackson.jpg
Saturday’s tape-delayed broadcast of UFC 75 scored a 3.1 rating — or, approximately 4.7 million viewers — to set an all-time ratings record for Spike TV. Additionally, the event was the most-watched mixed-martial-arts event ever in North America.
Spike TV made the announcement early this afternoon.
UFC 75, which took place at the 02 Arena in London, England, was shown later that night. The broadcast included the first-ever title fight shown originally by Spike TV, which began airing “The Ultimate Fighter” reality series and other UFC-related programming in 2005.
The audience peaked with approximately 5.6 million viewers during the night’s main event, a title-unification bout between UFC 205-pound champ Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and Pride champ Dan Henderson. Jackson scored a unanimous-decision victory in the five-round fight.
Saturday’s broadcast also featured a controversial split-decision victory for Michael Bisping over Matt Hamill, and Cheick Kongo’s upset of Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic. Houston Alexander and Marcus Davis also picked up victories on the televised portion of the event.
In the key “men ages 18-49” demographic, UFC 75’s 2.5 million viewers beat ABC’s broadcast of an Oregon vs. Michigan college football game (1.2 million) and subsequent NASCAR broadcast (717,000).
Prior to UFC 75, the highest-rated Spike TV/UFC broadcast was October 2006’s “Ortiz vs. Shamrock 3: The Final Chapter” event, which also drew a 3.1 rating.
Spike TV next airs a live event on Wednesday, Sept. 19, when Din Thomas meets Kenny Florian in the main event of UFC Fight Night 11. The event airs at 9 p.m. and precedes the debut episode of “The Ultimate Fighter: Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra.“

Back