UFC 66 - Ortiz vs Liddel

Liquidnoose

You've Got To Bleed For The Dancer
This is gonna be the biggest PPV and a huge MMA moment...don't have any odds except for the main fight:
Ortiz (+200)
Lidell (-240)

But the card is solid...so I figured some imput by anyone else would help til odds are up...if you have the odds please post them.

As for the main fight...I'm rooting for ORTIZ, thinking it would be HUGE for the UFC to have him as champ since he is pretty much known as a UFC guy...Chuck is too...but just not as outgoing as Tito...but money will probably be on Lidell....Can Ortiz take him down?? Don't think so.

<TABLE id=tblPropFut onmouseover="changeto(event, '#F6C88F')" onmouseout="changeback(event, '#EEEEEE')" cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR id=ignore_a0><TD colSpan=3>UFC 66 - Las Vegas, Nevada: UFC Heavyweight

</TD></TR><TR class=CT3 id=ignore_b0><TD width="15%">Sat 12/30</TD><TD colSpan=2>Andrei Arlovski vs Marcio Cruz</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD>08:00 PM</TD><TD class=MBB>207 Andrei Arlovski</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">-471</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD width="15%"> </TD><TD class=MBB>208 Marcio Cruz</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">+431</TD></TR><TR class=CT3 id=ignore_b1><TD width="15%">Sat 12/30</TD><TD colSpan=2>Gabriel Gonzaga vs Carmelo Marrero</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD>08:00 PM</TD><TD class=MBB>209 Gabriel Gonzaga</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">-281</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD width="15%"> </TD><TD class=MBB>210 Carmelo Marrero</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">+261</TD></TR><TR class=CT3 id=ignore_b2><TD width="15%">Sat 12/30</TD><TD colSpan=2>Christian Wellisch vs Anthony Perosh</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD>08:00 PM</TD><TD class=MBB>211 Christian Wellisch</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">-136</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD width="15%"> </TD><TD class=MBB>212 Anthony Perosh</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">+126</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE id=tblPropFut onmouseover="changeto(event, '#F6C88F')" onmouseout="changeback(event, '#EEEEEE')" cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR id=ignore_a3><TD colSpan=3>UFC 66 - Las Vegas, Nevada: UFC Light Heavyweight Championship

</TD></TR><TR class=CT3 id=ignore_b3><TD width="15%">Sat 12/30</TD><TD colSpan=2>Chuck Liddell vs Tito Ortiz</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD>08:00 PM</TD><TD class=MBB>201 Chuck Liddell</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">-261</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD width="15%"> </TD><TD class=MBB>202 Tito Ortiz</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">+241</TD></TR><TR class=CT3 id=ignore_b4><TD width="15%">Sat 12/30</TD><TD colSpan=2>Forrest Griffin vs Keith Jardine</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD>08:00 PM</TD><TD class=MBB>203 Forrest Griffin</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">-266</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD width="15%"> </TD><TD class=MBB>204 Keith Jardine</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">+246</TD></TR><TR class=CT3 id=ignore_b5><TD width="15%">Sat 12/30</TD><TD colSpan=2>Michael Bisping vs Eric Schafer</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD>08:00 PM</TD><TD class=MBB>205 Michael Bisping</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">-381</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD width="15%"> </TD><TD class=MBB>206 Eric Schafer</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">+351</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE id=tblPropFut onmouseover="changeto(event, '#F6C88F')" onmouseout="changeback(event, '#EEEEEE')" cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR id=ignore_a6><TD colSpan=3>UFC 66 - Las Vegas, Nevada: UFC Middleweight

</TD></TR><TR class=CT3 id=ignore_b6><TD width="15%">Sat 12/30</TD><TD colSpan=2>Yushin Okami vs Rory Singer</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD>08:00 PM</TD><TD class=MBB>213 Yushin Okami</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">-421</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD width="15%"> </TD><TD class=MBB>214 Rory Singer</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">+381</TD></TR><TR class=CT3 id=ignore_b7><TD width="15%">Sat 12/30</TD><TD colSpan=2>Chris Leben vs Jason MacDonald</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD>08:00 PM</TD><TD class=MBB>217 Chris Leben</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">-194</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD width="15%"> </TD><TD class=MBB>218 Jason MacDonald</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">+181</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE id=tblPropFut onmouseover="changeto(event, '#F6C88F')" onmouseout="changeback(event, '#EEEEEE')" cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR id=ignore_a8><TD colSpan=3>UFC 66 - Las Vegas, Nevada: UFC Welterweight

</TD></TR><TR class=CT3 id=ignore_b8><TD width="15%">Sat 12/30</TD><TD colSpan=2>Thiago Alves vs Tony DeSouza</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD>08:00 PM</TD><TD class=MBB>215 Thiago Alves</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">-136</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD width="15%"> </TD><TD class=MBB>216 Tony DeSouza</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">+126</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Tito and Chuck are going at 1 to 4 rate as far as MMA enthusiasts.
Everyone knows Tito has a great chance but they lean to the champ.
If you were to put money on this fight you have to lay it on Tito.
I don't see anything over -175 as decent odds for Chuck.
Sure Chuck should win but I have a feeling this is a fight like none we have seen since the whole reality thing kicked off.
This should be a slugfest with conditioning being a huge factor.
I have seen Tito take some beatings and this fight means everything to him. I love Chuck and use to hate Tito but I am slowly giving him a little respect. This is a +200 play with Tito or nothing for me.

Jardine/Forrest.....I will take Jardine at +245

Leben/McDonald I will take McDonald at well over +150
If you didnt see the Herman/McDonald fight you need to check it out
I think McDonald may surprise alot of folks before he is taken seriously

I know nothing about the guy fighting Bisbing but I may lay a little there with the great odds. Bisbing has spans of brilliance but I really think he is yet to be tested enough to lay such great odds. Going to see if the guy he fights is coming in on short notice.

Come on I know some of you have some leans/thoughts

i'm throwing a little on Tito. listening to him, he's healthy now. but, more importantly, his girl is a myspace friend of CTG.

now if we could jsut get her to do some modeling for the site...

Chuck has a "chance" in every fight because of his 1 punch power. So it ould be hard to bet against him for that reason alone. But Tito has a very good chance, and I think he will, win. But he cant fight with his pride on his shoulder like last fight. Trying to make a point and stand.

Lidell will win if he lands 3 or more shots on Tito. When Tito got beat last time, he got thumbed in the eye, then took about 5-6 flush shots before going down. Tito can take a punch. Lidell has to keep Tito at haymaker distance and he will win.

Tito needs to dirty box Chuck. Get in close and throw short elbows and knees. Use the muy tai clinch to control Chuck. Chuck has never knocked anyone out with a short uppercut. Once in close Tito needs to use his strength and take him down. Chuck gets up quick and Tito needs to unload while he is trying to get up.

Rumor has it, if Tito wins Randy is going to come back for a shot at Tito. And if Chuck wins, Rampage will be the next man in the cage.

And UFC just signed Cro Cop to a contract. Watch out for the UFC to explode in 2007.

When you beat the living crap out of people for a living, you gotta know how to blow off steam.
1229_chuck_vegas_spyvegas.jpg

Last night, our friends at Spyonvegas.com caught Ultimate Fighting champ Chuck Liddell getting down and dirty at TABU nightclub with a pair of platinum blonde babes -- just two days before his highly anticipated slugfest with Jenna Jameson's boy toy, Tito Ortiz.

Griffin...Macdonald...Liddell for me probably...will do some researcha nd post some plays...can NOT wait for this!

Chuck will win this fight. Tito can't stand with him and he can't take him down. This is going to be fun for Chuck he think's Tito is a joke.

I can't wait for this to start.

I'm on the following:

Tito Ortiz +232 1 unit
Jason MacDonald +140 1 unit
Forrest Griffin -256 1.5 units
Eric Schafer +431 .5 unit

abcs said:
When you beat the living crap out of people for a living, you gotta know how to blow off steam.
1229_chuck_vegas_spyvegas.jpg

Last night, our friends at Spyonvegas.com caught Ultimate Fighting champ Chuck Liddell getting down and dirty at TABU nightclub with a pair of platinum blonde babes -- just two days before his highly anticipated slugfest with Jenna Jameson's boy toy, Tito Ortiz.

Liddell is suppose to be seeing my girlfriends best friend. I don't want her to see those pics though because he's coming down for her bday at my club in a couple of weeks and I want to meet him. I'm suppose to being going on a cruise with him and our girls in a month.

Back