UFC 159

Dollaz

Pretty much a regular
UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen
Date: April 27, 2013
Venue: Prudential Center

Main Bouts (on Pay-Per-View):
-Jon Jones (17-1) vs. Chael Sonnen (27-12-1)†
-Michael Bisping (23-5) vs. Alan Belcher (18-7)
-Roy Nelson (18-7) vs. Cheick Kongo (18-7-2)
-Phil Davis (10-1) vs. Vinny Magalhaes (10-5)
-Jim Miller (22-4) vs. Pat Healy (29-16)

Preliminary Bouts (on FX):
-Rustam Khabilov (15-1) vs. Yancy Medeiros (9-0)
-Gian Villante (10-3) vs. Ovince St. Preux (12-5)
-Sara McMann (6-0) vs. Shiela Gaff (10-4-1)
-Bryan Caraway (17-7) vs. Johnny Bedford (19-9-1)

Preliminary Bouts (on Facebook):
-Leonard Garcia (15-10-1) vs. Cody McKenzie (13-3)-Nick Catone (9-4) vs. James Head (9-3)
-Steven Siler (21-10) vs. Kurt Holobaugh (9-1)

†UFC Light Heavyweight Championship
UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen Start Times:
Preliminary Bouts on Facebook: 6:35 p.m. ET/3:35 p.m. PT
Preliminary Bouts on FX: 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT
Main Card on Pay-Per-View: 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m PT

It true someone dropped out of that Nelson/Kongo fight due to injury? Haven't heard anymore...

Just a few thoughts on a couple fights:

Garcia/McKenzie....both terrible fighters. McKenzie has a shot at a sub, but Garcia is better at everything else. I may play Mc if the line moves up, but probably nothing at +150

Bedford/Caraway.....Caraway taking on 1 week notice. Bedford much better standup, Caraway much better on the ground. Leaning Caraway

OSP/Villante. I like OSP in parlays. Actually may take the KO/TKO prop as Villante has a tendency to get sucked into a brawl and if he does, he will get KTFO.

Khalibov/Medeiros. Khalibov in parlays as well. Greg Jackson has been hyping this guy. His standup is below par, but he's just a better fighter.

Miller/Healy. MIller is just better at everything.

Davis/Magalhaes. I'm gonna take a flyer on Vinny. He's got better standup than Davis and obviously better BJJ. Davis is going to have to take Vinny down and control him, which he is certainly capable of doing, but I like the odds on Vinny. Plus, new story today about some personal issues with Davis...may be distracted during camp.

Nelson/Kongo. Nelson clearly the winner here. Maybe Miller/Nelson parlay?

Bisping/Belcher. I can't wait for this fight. I have to admit my biased against Bisping and Belcher is one of my favorite fighters (especially after watching him vs. Palhearas) I think Bisping has the tank and will likely try to point Belcher for the win. I really want to see Belcher win this fight. I don't see Bisping taking Belcher down and controlling the fight. GOnna pass for now.

JOnes/Sonnan. I will say Chael has an outside shot, but certainly looks like Jones will win. If I'm successful on the early fights, I may put a little on Chael at +500.

I want to see if Chael can come in and put Jones on his back. Jones is a good wrestler, but I want to see how JOnes reacts.

I like Vinny too. Davis is saying his wrestling is his jitz defense but he hasn't fought anyone close to the level of Vinnys BJJ.

I don't think Nelson over Cheick is that given personally. I want to take a value shot at Kongo

I don't think Nelson over Cheick is that given personally. I want to take a value shot at Kongo

I don't see how Kongo wins to be honest.

Is he gonna knock Nelson out? JDS couldn't. Some other big hitters couldn't.
Can Kongo get knocked out? Certainly.
Is Kongo going to take Nelson down? No
I guess the only shot Kongo has is to stand for 15 mins and outstrike him, but Im guessing if Nelson is losing the standup, he can easily take Kongo down.

BOL.

Couple of quick prop thoughts. I like Miller ITD but it has been bet down to +218 @ 5dimes, still value, but BOL is offering +550 by TKO/KO/DQ and +400 by Submission. I took both for .5 unit. 5dimes also has FOTN prop for Miller fight @ +425, I know it's not the sexiest fight on paper but Healy says he is ready for Miller to come out guns blazing and I think Miller's fast style will bring out all those Melendez frustrations in Healy. There's a reason Joe Silva is leading the PPV with this fight and I'm thinking of the four other main card fights Belcher v Bisping is the only fight I'd be worried about. This card is loaded with guys who KNOW how to ugly up a fight and grind an ugly grapple fest to victory. Took +425 for .5 unit and will add more if money pours in on Belcher v Bisping prop as both looked great at the weigh in.

well, at least Millier ITD. I think Davis will dominate with his length and ground game. was looking at Medeiros small

Caraway winna. Never in doubt. controlled the whole fight. Pretty impressive for 6 days notice.

Healy is same fighter as Miller just not as good at anything.

I think Davis wins, I give Vinny a chance though. He as advantage in BJJ and on the feet

Miller has fought waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay tougher opponents and submission game is superior to Healy.

i hear what ur saying about miller. buy fyi healy has fought everyone: condit, lytle,thomson,ellenberger, etc just hasnt beaten anyone lol gonna lay off

i thought about it too. but honestly, hows chael going to beat him.and i dont buy this shit that chaels gonna take him down.

what do you think about the davis fight? im not sure why he's even fighting vinny.thought he should have a higher profile fight

Vinny called him out so they put it on the schedule. I think Davis works his ass. Vinny been chirping a ton.

Back