UEFA Champions League, Sept 19

Greencastle

The Doc
Manchester United pk
United are getting some big players back and are grinding out results despite not playing anywhere near their capabilities. Sporting have a lot of youth and are pretty much out matched all over the pitch.

Barcelona over 2.5
Two good attacking sides, that play a clean game. Barca are still missing Puyol at the back, which will give the visitors hope, while the home side have the best attacking talent in the world and will click eventually.

Roma -1
Don't know much about Kiev but Roma are such a dangerous team, especially at home. They too are getting some key players back and are very motivated this season after last years beat down at Old Trafford.

Liking Roma at home, and leaning to Man U. Rooney's back and we get to see the return of Cristiano Ronaldo in Portugal playing his old club.

GL Greencastle!

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width=460 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width=280>[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Mancio awaits Turkish test[/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width=174>
Wednesday 19 September, 2007
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=461 colSpan=2><HR noShade SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=280>[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Inter begin their Champions League with a tough trip to Fenerbahce tonight and Coach Roberto Mancini sees the clash as a potential banana skin.

After coming unstuck in the last 16 last year, the Nerazzurri have set their sights on European domination this term, but an injury crisis has left Mancini short of defensive options.

With Marco Materazzi sidelined until December and the trio of Nicolas Burdisso, Ivan Cordoba and Douglas Maicon suspended, news that Cristian Chivu would miss out with a shoulder problem was a serious blow.

The Beneamata are hoping that Argentine stopper Walter Samuel will shake off a knock to start alongside Colombian new recruit Nelson Rivas, who is set for a debut.

While Inter are clearly determined to come home with maximum points, Mancio knows just how testing a visit to the hostile Sukuru Saracoglu Stadium can be and is taking nothing for granted.

“We are only favourites on paper,” the 42-year-old tactician stressed. “History shows that in order to win you actually have to play the games.

“We are missing all our defenders, although Samuel is looking better,” he continued. “It will be tough and we have to hope that there aren’t any more injuries during the match.

“Rivas has had to make a big step up, but he is a quality player with great power as well as technique. It’s inevitable that he has some flaws, but he has such a will to improve and Cordoba is helping him.”

Luis Figo is likely to start on the bench with Argentine winger Santiago Solari ready for a rare chance to impress on the big stage.

“”I have spoken to Figo about it, just as I did so many times last season,” Mancio explained. “He understands the reasons for my selections as we discussed this before he committed to the club.

“Solari is fresh as he has played less, but that’s not to say that Figo won’t feature. Nothing is set in stone yet as I’m waiting to see what shape they are in.”
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

i played roma already....

i'm thinking of the over in the inter game, i think they will come out playing it safe but if they fall behind they'll have to open it up and they still have alot of firepower up front.

Rangers vs Stuttgart Under 2.25 @ 1.80 $300 to win $240
Manchester Utd -0.5 @ 2.10 $300 to win $330
PSV ML @ 1.85 $300 to win $255
Roma -1.25 @ 1.95 $300 to win $285
Slavia Praha ML @ 2.25 $300 to win $375

Last edited:
Arsenal have played a piss easy schedule. This is their first real test. Must not forget, Sevilla are playing with high emotions this season. They opened a can of whoop ass at the Bernabeau winning 5-3!

i'm starting to like Inter a lot more now with the price going up. Quality is significant. Just like buffalo bill said, they may very well just sit on a lead. Its really tough to go against a team like that. Most class teams will rarely mess up, unlike Chelsea yesterday lol

I am going with Inter and Man U. I was on the fence with Arsenal and I will follow your opinions on this one. I'll stay away. Thanks.

not touching the inter game anymore too risky, i think inter wins and goes over but i'm not playing it.

only play, roma -265 for 2 units.

good luck to all!

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=331 bgColor=#666666 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#333333><TD class=title colSpan=4 height=18>Champions League - Group E</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#333333><TD class=match-light width=45 height=18> 21:34</TD><TD class=match-light align=right width=286 colSpan=3>September 19 </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4 height=1></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#cfcfcf><TD width=45 height=18>
flash.gif
HT</TD><TD align=right width=118>Barcelona</TD><TD align=middle width=50>1 - 0</TD><TD width=118>Lyon</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4 height=1></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#dfdfdf><TD width=45 height=18>
flash.gif
HT</TD><TD align=right width=118>Rangers</TD><TD align=middle width=50>0 - 0</TD><TD width=118>Stuttgart</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4 height=1></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#111111><TD colSpan=4 height=4></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4 height=1></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#333333><TD class=title colSpan=4 height=18> Champions League - Group F</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#333333><TD class=match-light width=45 height=18> 21:34</TD><TD class=match-light align=right width=286 colSpan=3>September 19 </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4 height=1></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#cfcfcf><TD width=45 height=18>
flash.gif
HT</TD><TD align=right width=118>AS Roma</TD><TD align=middle width=50>1 - 0</TD><TD width=118>Dynamo Kyiv</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4 height=1></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#dfdfdf><TD width=45 height=18>
flash.gif
HT</TD><TD align=right width=118>Sporting Lisbon</TD><TD align=middle width=50>0 - 0</TD><TD width=118>Manchester U.</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4 height=1></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#111111><TD colSpan=4 height=4></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4 height=1></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#333333><TD class=title colSpan=4 height=18> Champions League - Group G</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#333333><TD class=match-light width=45 height=18> 21:34</TD><TD class=match-light align=right width=286 colSpan=3>September 19 </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4 height=1></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#cfcfcf><TD width=45 height=18>
flash.gif
HT</TD><TD align=right width=118>Fenerbahce</TD><TD align=middle width=50>1 - 0</TD><TD width=118>Inter Milan</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4 height=1></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#dfdfdf><TD width=45 height=18>
flash.gif
HT</TD><TD align=right width=118>PSV Eindhoven</TD><TD align=middle width=50>0 - 0</TD><TD width=118>CSKA Moscow</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4 height=1></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#111111><TD colSpan=4 height=4></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4 height=1></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#333333><TD class=title colSpan=4 height=18> Champions League - Group H</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#333333><TD class=match-light width=45 height=18> 21:34</TD><TD class=match-light align=right width=286 colSpan=3>September 19 </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4 height=1></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#cfcfcf><TD width=45 height=18>
flash.gif
45'</TD><TD align=right width=118>Arsenal</TD><TD align=middle width=50>1 - 0</TD><TD width=118>Sevilla</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4 height=1></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#dfdfdf><TD width=45 height=18>
flash.gif
HT</TD><TD align=right width=118>Slavia Prague</TD><TD align=middle width=50>1 - 1</TD><TD width=118>Steaua Bucuresti</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Knew I should have pulled the trigger on the Gunners. Looking at a split at the moment. Tailed Panos and CKR on PSV. Hopefully they hold on for a 2-1 day.

I guess it's "Welcome to the CL, Sevilla" night... :spank:

C'mon, I need one more at Rome...

Back