UEFA Champions League Draw

Greencastle

The Doc
Fuck all these midget leagues, this is the real shit.

All four English teams are top seeds, lets see who gets lucky this year.

Group A
LIVERPOOL
Porto
Marseille
Besiktas

Group B
CHELSEA
Valencia
Schalke
Rosenborg

Group C
REAL MADRID
Werder Bremen
Lazio
Olympiakos

Group D
AC MILAN
Benfica
Celtic
Shaktar

Group E
BARCELONA
Lyon
Stuttgart
Rangers

Group F
MANCHESTER UNITED
Roma
Sporting Lisbon
Dynamo Kiev

Group G
INTER MILAN
PSV Eindhoven
CSKA Moscow
Fenerbache

Group H
ARSENAL
Sevilla/AEK
Steau Bucharest
Slavia Prague

Last edited:
liverpool Will Go To 2nd Round By Good Coach.
real Madrid Have Easy Job.
sevilla & Arsenal Will Go To 2nd Round Together.
manu Will Get Hard Job!!!if Still This Form.

There's no group of death this time, but the top seeds all should progress.

Chelsea v Valencia
Barcelona v Lyon
Man Utd v Roma

must see games.

Group E and B are the only ones, where you may find 3 strong teams......
The rest are going to be mere practice for top seeded teams

yeah this seems to be a fairly spread out draw this year.

Group E is actually very weak. Lyon are not the same team of old. Sttutgart do not have the necessary qualities to be in the CL and Rangers....well they will have to dog out each game. Still early days, anything can happen in the CL.

There are a lot of teams in the draw that are currently struggling. Man Utd, Lyon, Marseille, Werder Bremen and Inter Milan are not the same as they were last year.

Do you think Real Madrid are legit this year?
Liverpool to make another run?
Chelsea to be disappointed again?
Who are your favorites to win? Mine would definitely be Liverpool or Real Madrid
Who are the teams you would like to see progress far? Mine would be Roma, PSV and Sevilla.

Can't wait to start where the real money is. Champions vs Champions. Just want Chelsea to continue to come up short, would like them to go to the Semis or Finals and lose in penalties add more disappointment, lol

I think differently about Stuttgart there Mike.....
I mean, these guys really won fairly the Bundesliga, and because they dont have any respect i think they can have a lot of value.
Thay can fight that 2 seed with Lyon, and make things difficult to Barca when playing in Germany......
Lyon is not the same I agree, I think that makes that 2 seed the most difficult of them all, as a trip to scotland is allways complicated....

Well the Bundesliga last year was a total joke actually. Both Bremen and Bayern Munchen were all over the place. Stuttgart came out of nowhere to win it in the last part of the season. The level of German footy these days is really confusing. Now with Bayern off to a hot start, Bremen seemingly looking rather clueless you have to wonder if Stuttgart won it or were given the title?

Either way lots of questions of course prior to the CL but i'm pretty sure there will be teams we expect to do well that don't and then dark horses coming out of nowhere.

Barcelona has to be the fav to win it this year.

Inter aren't that different from last season, pretty much the same team.

And United will be back to their usual selves when Ronaldo and Rooney come back, which should be pretty soon.

Barcelona didnt look all that impressive opening weekend lol. Eto'o is sidelined for 2 months now. I think picking up Henry was a great idea lol.

Inter have a ton of injuries to worry about but notice in big games this team shows up but against lesser oppositions they mess up, dont' think they can do that this year with the way AC Milan, Roma and Juve have played.

I would easily take the everytime underestimated AC Milan........
Defending champs that usually have this cup as their priority......

Can't judge a team based on the first game of the season.

Barca just have too much talent. The injury to Eto is disappointing, but they cope without him for a bit.

My underdog is Shakhtar to qualify.
Benfica sold key players and looks weak this year.
Celtic is nothing special with the same team in the last years.
Even Milan is older a year without any new quality player.
So as i watched Sakhtar against Salzburg on tv, is close to do the big step, over Benfica and Celtic.

Shaktar has a new player that is soooo good......
Castillo a uruguay/italy/Mexican and nearly greek player that has so much explotion, too bad he has a wooden right leg......

Against Salzburg Castillo played as sub in the second half and did some good plays. Also scored from a P.K. His nose was broken and plays with mask.
Agree with Lucarelli comments. The other striker Gladkiy was more mobility player. but is unexpirience. Bradao scored a very nice header, but is still sub.

Back