UCLA/Oregon

My initial thought about UCLA is as bad as they looked the 3 weeks, ever since their destruction of ASU, they've looked pretty good. As much as I love Oregon, top teams in the P12 have figured out how to play them. I also don't think Helfrich is as good as Kelly was with this offense. I would also guess this game is in the 60's as opposed to 80's

My initial thought about UCLA is as bad as they looked the 3 weeks, ever since their destruction of ASU, they've looked pretty good. As much as I love Oregon, top teams in the P12 have figured out how to play them. I also don't think Helfrich is as good as Kelly was with this offense. I would also guess this game is in the 60's as opposed to 80's

They've played one game since then, their loss at home this past weekend to Utah.

From my limited viewing this season, it's basically Mariota keeping the Ducks from being a .500 team. And they ain't blocking for him. Looked pretty weak against the run against Zona

from what I've seen from UCLA is they've been extremely over rated so far. How good do close wins against UVA, Texas, and Memphis look right now? The luck box finally fell and they lost to a better Utah team.

Oregon bounces back after losses. You have to go back almost 10 years to find b2b losses for Oregon.

from what I've seen from UCLA is they've been extremely over rated so far. How good do close wins against UVA, Texas, and Memphis look right now? The luck box finally fell and they lost to a better Utah team.

Oregon bounces back after losses. You have to go back almost 10 years to find b2b losses for Oregon.

Both Oregon and UCLA in very, very poor form. Needless to say, the Oline for each has had injuries this year and performed horribly. BTW, VA and Memphis both have winning records with VA being one of the more underrated teams this yr. Against Texas, Hundley got hurt very early in the gm and backup Jerry Neuheisel had to come in and lead the Bruins to victory in Arlington.

I don't see a strong case for either side in this gm but if my hand was forced it's Oregon minus.

They've played one game since then, their loss at home this past weekend to Utah.

I didn't see all of it, but didn't think UCLA played "that" bad. As long as Oregon is on 3rd and 4th string OL, they are barely a top 25 team. If you can't run in that offense, you're not going to blow anyone out let alone be a consistent road fav.

I didn't see all of it, but didn't think UCLA played "that" bad. As long as Oregon is on 3rd and 4th string OL, they are barely a top 25 team. If you can't run in that offense, you're not going to blow anyone out let alone be a consistent road fav.

UCLA was favored by 13 or so over a team that got out first-downed and out-gained at home the prior week vs Wazzu. Granted, there was a steady drizzle and sometimes shower throughout the game, but Wazzu passing gm had to deal with the same conditions in SLC as the home team Utes did, but they overcame it and looked much stronger statistically to boot.

UCLA losing at hm to Utah was unacceptable and it all but eliminates them from contention for the Final 4. They can still win the P12 South and go to the conf champ gm but having 2 losses likely won't get them to the dance ala LSU circa 2007 which was a complete aberration.

This 2014 UCLA football edition is nowhere near as good as the 2012 and 2013 editions were. Something is clearly not right in Westwood. This veteran a team should not be struggling like this in all phases.

BTW, ASU had 630 yds of offense vs UCLA so that score 12 days ago was not indicative of just how that game went. Turnovers killed ASU.

UCLA was favored by 13 or so over a team that got out first-downed and out-gained at home the prior week vs Wazzu. Granted, there was a steady drizzle and sometimes shower throughout the game, but Wazzu passing gm had to deal with the same conditions in SLC as the home team Utes did, but they overcame it and looked much stronger statistically to boot.

UCLA losing at hm to Utah was unacceptable and it all but eliminates them from contention for the Final 4. They can still win the P12 South and go to the conf champ gm but having 2 losses likely won't get them to the dance ala LSU circa 2007 which was a complete aberration.

This 2014 UCLA football edition is nowhere near as good as the 2012 and 2013 editions were. Something is clearly not right in Westwood. This veteran a team should not be struggling like this in all phases.

BTW, ASU had 630 yds of offense vs UCLA so that score 12 days ago was not indicative of just how that game went. Turnovers killed ASU.

All of which is true, but Oregon is just not good right now and I'm a little surprised they're favored.

Oregon ST holder who's been paying close attention to that team for a long time. Things are bad. Dumpster fire bad. Take this from Mandel's column this week: “They’re one of the worst offensive lines I’ve ever seen at this level,” said an FBS coach who’s watched Oregon recently. “They don’t look like the same team.” Agree. I think UCLA has problems, but for the value they have my money.

Both Oregon and UCLA in very, very poor form. Needless to say, the Oline for each has had injuries this year and performed horribly. BTW, VA and Memphis both have winning records with VA being one of the more underrated teams this yr. Against Texas, Hundley got hurt very early in the gm and backup Jerry Neuheisel had to come in and lead the Bruins to victory in Arlington.

I don't see a strong case for either side in this gm but if my hand was forced it's Oregon minus.

UCLA is hot trash. nothing more, nothing less

Back