Tyrus Thomas docked 10K

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
Don't want to ruin BAR's thread, but there was some talk about Thomas's words about the Slam Dunk contest. Looks like it won't be free money after all.

Thomas slammed after saying contest about money

<!-- end pagetitle --><!-- begin bylinebox -->Associated Press

<!-- begin presby2 -->
<!-- end presby2 -->
<!-- end bylinebox -->
<!-- begin text11 div -->
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 10px" vAlign=top><!-- begin leftcol --><!-- template inline -->CHICAGO -- The Chicago Bulls fined forward Tyrus Thomas $10,000 on Tuesday, one day after the rookie said he only was interested in the money for the NBA's slam dunk contest.

4132.jpg

Thomas

The first Bull since Scottie Pippen in 1990 to participate in the event, Thomas was quoted in Tuesday's editions of the Chicago Tribune as saying: "I'm just going to go out there, get my check and call it a day."
When asked if being around some of the game's greats could be beneficial for a rookie, he responded, "I'm just into the free money. That's it. I'll just do whatever when I get out there."
The winner of the Feb. 17 event in Las Vegas gets $35,000. The runner-up earns $22,500, with the third and fourth-place finishers getting $16,125. Joining Thomas are defending champion Nate Robinson of New York, Orlando All-Star Dwight Howard and Boston's Gerald Green.
"This fine is an appropriate response to the remarks Tyrus made concerning his participation in the slam dunk contest," Bulls executive vice president of basketball operations John Paxson said in a statement.
"It is a poor reflection on Tyrus individually and a poor reflection on the Bulls organization, and I am certainly disappointed. The league office has chosen Tyrus to participate in one of its All-Star events and that is an honor that should be accepted with humility. I spoke to Tyrus this morning and am confident he understands that he made a mistake with his words and that he also understands the importance of representing the Bulls and the NBA in a positive way."
Thomas has appeared in 41 games, averaging 3.5 points and 2.7 rebounds.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Theres only 1 word used to describe comments like that..
BTW ive heard other stories about his lack of work ethic and disinterest from team meetings etc.. no wonder this kid has been a bust so far

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres only 1 word used to describe comments like that.. that 1 word would earn u a ban though

BTW ive heard other stories about his lack of work ethic and disinterest from team meetings etc.. no wonder this kid has been a bust so far

What's the one word abcs? What letter does it start with?

Sadly Enough These Contests Suck And If Trash Talking Is What They Need To Raise The Competition Level And Get Some Of These Idiots To Enter, I'm All For It. This Yrs Cast Is Going To Be As Bad As The Past 3 Yrs.

My biggest problem with the contest is the reward money. With the interest that some good participants would bring they should pay out bigger money. Give the winner 250K and I gurantee you'd see some bigger players in there.

Abcs...not sure why you and Austin have so many problems with each other as you both have at least one thing in common.

THey should remove him from the contest. People like Tyrus dont realize how good their life is..

My biggest problem with the contest is the reward money. With the interest that some good participants would bring they should pay out bigger money. Give the winner 250K and I gurantee you'd see some bigger players in there.

Abcs...not sure why you and Austin have so many problems with each other as you both have at least one thing in common.

abcs is my dawg :smiley_acbe:

What is the 1 thing we have in common?

Back