Two weeks in a row...

booksbestfriend

On Johnny's Shitlist
Where replay and officiating was dead wrong. Last week, Duke was screwed. This week Sparty took it long and hard. I understand that the speed of the game can be difficult to determine the correct call, but replay has failed twice in the same number of weeks. Rewatched this game this morning and it old not be more obvious. Of course, I was holding a MSU ticket and feel cheated.

Where replay and officiating was dead wrong. Last week, Duke was screwed. This week Sparty took it long and hard. I understand that the speed of the game can be difficult to determine the correct call, but replay has failed twice in the same number of weeks. Rewatched this game this morning and it old not be more obvious. Of course, I was holding a MSU ticket and feel cheated.

You can thank Dantonio and the MSU coaching staff for that. If he gets out of the cowardly fetal position and uses his future NFL QB to throw for one first down against the 116th rated pass defense in college football on the drive with a minute and change left, Nebraska never gets the ball back. Instead, he runs line plunges and punts it back to them. When are these coaches going to realize that there is always enough time in CFB for teams to come back and score? 91 yards in 48 seconds, and they had time to spare. The best defense is to get the first down and kneel out the clock.

You can thank Dantonio and the MSU coaching staff for that. If he gets out of the cowardly fetal position and uses his future NFL QB to throw for one first down against the 116th rated pass defense in college football on the drive with a minute and change left, Nebraska never gets the ball back. Instead, he runs line plunges and punts it back to them. When are these coaches going to realize that there is always enough time in CFB for teams to come back and score? 91 yards in 48 seconds, and they had time to spare. The best defense is to get the first down and kneel out the clock.

Very true. There was also the dropped interception immediately prior to the TD pass.

Nevertheless, none of this excuses what was an egregiously bad call by the officials. I hate to be *that guy* but given all the big money that was on Nebraska last night, it sure makes you think.

In primetime it's all about being on the right side of the fix. Sparty got hoed haaard. I guess their luck finally hit empty.

It is B1G Ten officiating you guys, nothing should come as a suprise.

Same crew that botched those early calls as UM-MSU supposedly.

Sparty luck train finally ran out, I guess. That being said, NU still had time and a few downs and were passing all over that defense as anybody can on that secondary with a pulse...so maybe it was inevitable...

well the duke/miami one was bad but this particular one the call needed to be made on the field. There is nothing the replay can do for that call. Didn't think you overturn the push out call from the repay so they were essentially looking at that to make sure he caught it?? not sure. You can see the defenders arm come out to the left so thats why the line ref must have thought he was pushed. They couldn't do anything but watch that and go "OH FUCK"

well the duke/miami one was bad but this particular one the call needed to be made on the field. There is nothing the replay can do for that call. Didn't think you overturn the push out call from the repay so they were essentially looking at that to make sure he caught it?? not sure. You can see the defenders arm come out to the left so thats why the line ref must have thought he was pushed. They couldn't do anything but watch that and go "OH FUCK"

Yeah, it was how they called it on field I believe that hamstrung replay call. Sucks for Sparty, as they played a helluva 2nd half on offense...but like Hunt said...they were due for something unlucky after the past handful of years...

Will always be like this until they actually allow replay to review judgment/intent calls and imagine the slippery slope there...oh wait, CFB has already opened that can of worms with its targeting rule. Pathetic that a replay official isn't allowed to just say that the man was playing great defense.

I had no wager decided by that play either.

Side-thread...

But prolly the craziest 4 weeks of endings in CFB you will ever see.

The call was absolutely horrific, as the defender played the ball from the snap and had excellent position with his back to the receiver and never put his hands on him. The crew should be held accountable for a horrible call. The receiver clearly went OB on his own. The defender's arms were positioned to the inside of the field. Just terrible.....

The call was absolutely horrific, as the defender played the ball from the snap and had excellent position with his back to the receiver and never put his hands on him. The crew should be held accountable for a horrible call. The receiver clearly went OB on his own. The defender's arms were positioned to the inside of the field. Just terrible.....

It's beginning to be like the NBA refs.

All this ^^^ is true and my Mich St ticket went down with everyone elses but Dantonio deserves some heat here too. It took Nebraska two plays to get into Spartan territory from inside their own 10 because the DB's were playing in a different zip code than the receivers leaving the middle wide open. You can't do that in college football where the clock stops on every first down.

It was a bad call. So was the non call where the sparty dB held Alonzo Moores arm for 15 yards forcing him to try to make a one armed catch in the end zone earlier in the game.

I understand the bad clock management and missed calls throughout the day. My gripe is replay. The opportunity to correct a call on the field was mssed.

just to be clear, they could review if there was contact, not if the contact was what caused him to go OOB.

Since replay officials aren't allowed to review whether the receiver was actually forced out or not, the touchdown stood.

Big Ten supervisor of officials Bill Carollo later elaborated: "The only thing replay could have done to overturn to illegal touching is indisputable video evidence that showed no contact at all. We didn't have that. Replay is not authorized to re-officiate the play. We're comfortable with where we ended up."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14086557/big-ten-says-officials-correctly-handled-nebraska-game-winning-td-vs-michigan-state

The real joke is the league claiming they got the call right. JFC, just admit the refs blew a call, don't try to piss on us and tell us it's raining.

its a joke that some things are reviewable and some things are not. if it is something that can be proven by video, it should be reviewable

I was on Miami ML +320 two weeks ago and Nebraska +4.5 this weekend. I promise I will not complain about my next two bad beats.

Back