Two Utes week 2

Two Utes

Manual Toothbrushes FTW
YTD: 2-3-0 -2.4u

Utah -12 2u

Homer play for sure but I don't care if USU was looking past SUU or not, to eek out a win over them is embarrassing to say the least. UM is much stronger up front on both lines than USU is and Utah is much stronger up front on both lines than SUU is. Step down for Utah, step up for USU. I know that is not the greatest logic but I think it rings true in this game. I think Utah will push the USU Aggies around all night and Chuckie Keaton is a shell of his former self. I think he's still worried about the knee as he did not look dynamic at all in some of the clips I saw from week 1.

These teams have separated a bit over the last 2 years and I don't see any hunt in this dog this week.

Utah 42
USU 17

Utes, what is your take on the Utah play calling? I have the Utes too ... like them ... but I am worrying this is one of those games where I don't have a lot of slack in regards to what I can give up .. a lucky big play from Utah State is going to be hard to overcome. Just wondering if you think Utah opens it up a little and plays a bit more aggressive on offense this week.

I absolutely do, clowncar. Whittingham is notorious for just showing a little each week. Aaron Roderick and Jim Harding have a lot of plays in the bag that they haven't shown yet. They probably have more formations that we haven't seen yet too. This team has a chip on their shoulder this year, I think Utah will open it up a bit more tonight and even though Covey had 5 catches last week, I expect them to get the ball to him more this week. Keep in mind, that UM defense is actually pretty good and Peppers played one hell of a game. Utah limited their offense a bit and didn't go directly at him much because they wanted to avoid the things that plagued Rudock with the pick 6.

I also expect Booker to get 5 less touches and have them go to Joe Williams this week. He's the backup but he really needs more than 1 carry a game, he's faster than Booker and I don't think USU has a guy that could stay with him in the passing game out of the backfield. He may not have seen more time last week due to blocking assignments, you won't play if you can't block as a RB.

If the Utah defense stays focused it could even be 42-10, I just don't see USU getting that many opportunities to score. My biggest concern is the JC DB(Butler-Byrd) that missed several assignments against UM. If he gets burned tonight it could lead to an easy score or two for the Aggies. I hope he's got his assignments down.

Utah offense wasn't as expected and even worse once Wilson went out, such is life.
Not the greatest numbers on these.....

Louisville -14 1u
Iowa -3 2u

Heading out for my son's football game, have one or two this evening possibly. Like Cal, wish I would have jumped earlier in the week.

Back