• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Tulane VS Memphis

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
Tulane -4’

Tulane hasn’t had much success in the Liberty Bowl. Last win there was the best season in Tulane modern history, the 98 Liberty Bowl win vs BYU and the undefeated season. It’s a season that changed college football for sure for the G5 schools and it’s often forgotten.

Tulane’s former AD took the job at Washington and had some disparaging remarks about the school on a recent interview. I said before 98 was the best season but that ended last year in my opinion with a 1 loss season and a Cotton Bowl win thriller over Heisman winner Caleb Williams and USC(and next number 1 pick likely in NFL).

I say that to say I expect a really fired up team tonight and I expect a good game from Memphis. Feels to me like a 7 point game so I’ll lay it with the Wave.

Hoping to get their ML at + money live, doubt I touch it before the game

Memphis is a massive public dog to this point, I expect that to squeeze a little closer by kickoff. Not willing to lay anything over 2.5 though, history in Memphis for the Wave won't let me do that, and if the line were that low I'd play ML anyway.

Hoping to get their ML at + money live, doubt I touch it before the game

Memphis is a massive public dog to this point, I expect that to squeeze a little closer by kickoff. Not willing to lay anything over 2.5 though, history in Memphis for the Wave won't let me do that, and if the line were that low I'd play ML anyway.

No shit, Ppl are betting memphis?

DK shows 63% on tulane ml, bout 50-50 ats. No clue if they tell the truth or not and just one book.

DK shows 63% on tulane ml, bout 50-50 ats. No clue if they tell the truth or not and just one book.
Think DK probably would only show theirs? I've never looked at their stuff. Currently seeing 69/31 for Memphis with opener of 3 so reverse movement in play. ML is showing as 60/40 Memphis. Tends to get a bit closer together the last couple hours before kickoff but with how Memphis has dominated them at home recently that's not surprising. Definitely only going to bet live with the movement to 5.5 now. I have no interest in pregame wagers on it.

Think DK probably would only show theirs? I've never looked at their stuff. Currently seeing 69/31 for Memphis with opener of 3 so reverse movement in play. ML is showing as 60/40 Memphis. Tends to get a bit closer together the last couple hours before kickoff but with how Memphis has dominated them at home recently that's not surprising. Definitely only going to bet live with the movement to 5.5 now. I have no interest in pregame wagers on it.

Oh im sure it only their bets. You know me I don’t really pay attention to any of it, just can’t miss cause DK shows on 1st page when you click on game,

There is a reason any book does this.

It certainly isn't to help the bettor.

Fun to look at, no doubt. I do love when Dave Mason posts their percentages.

I have never been inteeested in any of those numbers from anywhere, I certainly never thought books would go out their way to be honest bout that. 20 years ago I kinda was into Rlm. and who was betting what but think that got played out as all angles do and isn’t much different than flipping a coin these days. Now days the only time I worry when it feels like everyone in forum world agrees, outside of that I don’t give a shit, I do what I do, if I like it I bet it, not gonna let shit I have no clue about influence me.

That was me I moved it lol

How confident are we twinkster? I mean the history doesn’t matter much to me cause until a few years ago ya’ll wernt really even on their level right?
Correct. Memphis was what Tulane wanted to be athletically for years. Education aside, compete for the conference annually and be a tough out for P5 and fuck around and win some here and there.

I give the edge to Tulane Defense and I lean toward Pratt and the offense(albeit close I admit).
It’s a really big game for both teams like I said, but Tulane is gonna be jacked up me thinks

Correct. Memphis was what Tulane wanted to be athletically for years. Education aside, compete for the conference annually and be a tough out for P5 and fuck around and win some here and there.

I give the edge to Tulane Defense and I lean toward Pratt and the offense(albeit close I admit).
It’s a really big game for both teams like I said, but Tulane is gonna be jacked up me thinks

I really can’t decide if I like anything enough to bet tonight, actually I know it be more for action than thinking I know wtf gonna happen in these. Never much liked those -5 lines for some reason and we got 2 of them! I pretty much don’t bet buffs games outside playing running back props against them and don’t see that being a option tonight. I usually just try and cap assuming both teams be equally jacked even tho it don’t always turn out that way, lol: I think memphis be just as prepared for this, I’ve seen them both once this year, saw tulane more last, I think ya’ll better but how much I’m not sure?

Tulane -4’

Tulane hasn’t had much success in the Liberty Bowl. Last win there was the best season in Tulane modern history, the 98 Liberty Bowl win vs BYU and the undefeated season. It’s a season that changed college football for sure for the G5 schools and it’s often forgotten.

Tulane’s former AD took the job at Washington and had some disparaging remarks about the school on a recent interview. I said before 98 was the best season but that ended last year in my opinion with a 1 loss season and a Cotton Bowl win thriller over Heisman winner Caleb Williams and USC(and next number 1 pick likely in NFL).

I say that to say I expect a really fired up team tonight and I expect a good game from Memphis. Feels to me like a 7 point game so I’ll lay it with the Wave.
good for you, you found that big red button that says "post thread".
;)

I'm sold

Yeah no idea how DK comes up with those %s. It probably includes every single type of bet, including those who toss favs into exotics. On Sunday AMs you see a lot of NFL games 93/7, 91/9, stuff like that...

I like to poke around to see real %s as picked by real people and not some # being thrown out there by some site that is likely trying to sell you something.

Scores and Odds is sketchy but I use it initially, then I poke over to thescore.com book and see how people are voting for their pick, and then I like to see SU splits as picked by Yahoo users.

All 3 favoring Memphis as a dog. Including 60% of Yahoo users picking them SU.

I really can’t decide if I like anything enough to bet tonight, actually I know it be more for action than thinking I know wtf gonna happen in these. Never much liked those -5 lines for some reason and we got 2 of them! I pretty much don’t bet buffs games outside playing running back props against them and don’t see that being a option tonight. I usually just try and cap assuming both teams be equally jacked even tho it don’t always turn out that way, lol: I think memphis be just as prepared for this, I’ve seen them both once this year, saw tulane more last, I think ya’ll better but how much I’m not sure?
I think by a TD. Yea all teams get jacked in spots like this, for sure. I just give Tulane the edges on both sides of the ball.

Memphis has never had a season as good as Tulane’s 1998 or 2022 season.

Yeah no idea how DK comes up with those %s. It probably includes every single type of bet, including those who toss favs into exotics. On Sunday AMs you see a lot of NFL games 93/7, 91/9, stuff like that...

I like to poke around to see real %s as picked by real people and not some # being thrown out there by some site that is likely trying to sell you something.

Scores and Odds is sketchy but I use it initially, then I poke over to thescore.com book and see how people are voting for their pick, and then I like to see SU splits as picked by Yahoo users.

All 3 favoring Memphis as a dog. Including 60% of Yahoo users picking them SU.

For me it just adds more noise when all I’m doing is trying to get thru the noise and figure out how these things gonna play out! I def notice if something overly popular on forum world that bout it, like even when it me and the guys I respect around here all like it I start getting nervous! Need to see some disagreement even if it with guys I respect I prefer that than thinking every smart person I know likes the same play cause they def don’t want those plays winning! Lol

Nice hit!

Weird game, dominated that first 23-25 mins ... Napped for a bit then took care of business.

Back