Tulane To The Big East

Tulane Prez in March ... "My view is Big East is not a power conference & anyone who thinks they are doesn't know athletics" ... via Brett McMurphy @McMurphyESPN

Awesome twinks. Wish unlv would get an on campus stadium but real eastate ain't cheap there.

btw sorry the union took away twinkies and jobs

dome team with southern to northern travel during the cold months of conference play while realizing they are not bowling is going to make for some great home fave plays in the coming years.

Have you seen who is left from the BE and who is joining? I wouldn't assume they won't make some bowl games, especially if Johnson can recruit the way twinkie says.

Have you seen who is left from the BE and who is joining? I wouldn't assume they won't make some bowl games, especially if Johnson can recruit the way twinkie says.
You mean will?

This guy Johnson is extremely persuasive. He owns the WestBank of NO....he will get the kids. The new stadium, etc. It is gonna be cool. That Rutgers team came here early this year and didnt look so hot(i know how CFB works, but still)

He is GONNA get the kids. They aint shabby at baskets(well in BE, it is gonna be a real challenge)....in baseball they will be awesome....CUSA is better in bases than the BE....and they got a nice stadium etc and a big baseball following

Ya the bigeast realignment is interesting as far as level of the league. Tulane is a bad confusa team right now not a good one.... they may make strides but it will be awhile.

I think quicker than u think VK..in CFB at least

I may be proven wrong, but I am a real believer in CJ

That fact that Rutgers could possibly be one of the better teams in any conference is absolute comedy gold. Cincy and/or UConn and/or Louisville may not be around much longer, and Charlie Strong won't be around long in any event. Those CUSA teams will have rapid if not immediate success making the switch. It really isn't much of step up in class to be honest.

CUSA will be the real fun one though from a realignment standpoint. Gets rolling next year in a big way then adds more FBS newbies, but I'm getting ahead of myself here. Just can't wait to come up with a line for UNC-Charlotte @ North Texas, or Old Dominion @ FIU, or UTSA @ LT, what type of sick person doesn't love college football? lol

Back