Tulane Just Got Screwed Out Of A Bowl Game

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
Look...Banks should've thrown the ball and have them take an easy FG. He didn't and ran it....but he got IN.

Pretty clear...call was down on the field. So yea, call on field is more difficult to reverse. AND on the filed it looked like he MAY have been down...

BUT BUT BUT

We have fucking replay. Am I blind?! Someone, anyone?!

How was that not a TD?!

And how is Tulane not going to a fucking bowl game?! Fuck those refs man!!,!?Seriously!!!!

Fuckin joke

Anyone see it different?

Please tell me

I didn't see it. I will have to go back and watch later on. I was following the cast while watching other games but did not see it.

I didn't see it. I will have to go back and watch later on. I was following the cast while watching other games but did not see it.
It's bad
I hope they let them in on some 5 win shit like some did last year with teams

But these boys got fucked man

I saw it.

I had no money, no interest in that outcome. Banks was not down, he was on the defender and the ball broke the plane of the goal line.

Now there wasn't any great angle, I think there was 2 maybe 3 angles, none of them clear shots, but from every angle I saw he had no body part, not an elbow, not an ankle, not a wrist on the ground, rolled over on the defender and scored TD as time expired.

Screwed.

That's the thing. How many times does everyone say we need replay to get the calls right and then they still don't get the calls right.

Why bother with replay? It slows the game down and as aggravated as we all got when the on the field refs make mistakes, we have a much harder time understanding how this play is not over turned when you have replay. At no point does it even look remotely close to him being down before the ball crosses the plane of the endzone.
Awful. Best Tulane team in awhile and the extra practices would have been huge for even further development of Fritz offense for next year.

I hate when replay gets it wrong.

I also hate that the refs use it as a crutch and know they will just review it so it manipulates their call on the field.

Thanks for posting VK I didn't see the game live

Why bother with replay? It slows the game down and as aggravated as we all got when the on the field refs make mistakes, we have a much harder time understanding how this play is not over turned when you have replay. At no point does it even look remotely close to him being down before the ball crosses the plane of the endzone.
Awful. Best Tulane team in awhile and the extra practices would have been huge for even further development of Fritz offense for next year.
Exactly....there are seniors on that team too. I just don't understand what the ref could've seen after further review....

Do conferences release statements on controversial officiating? I think they sometimes do, maybe not on replays.

I've already said it was a TD. But just to offer some explanation of the other side, with the camera angles available, the replay official could've said that they weren't sure that an elbow or something wasn't down. The replay angles weren't ideal. If I was reviewing it I would say TD from what I saw. But the person reviewing may not have thought he saw anything crystal clear to over rule the onfield call. It is wrong, I'm not saying it is right. We are dealing with opinions and subjectiveness and if the replay official was looking for 100% evidence and only say 99% evidence maybe they stick with the call on the field. It is what it is. Replay doesn't always get it right. This is a glaring and unfortunate example, but it is pretty common really.

Back