TUF 6

benweiser69

Pretty much a regular
Not sure if anyone has see this yet but just read this on mmanews.com

The following is an excerpt from an article on MMAWeekly.com:

The Ultimate Fighter will be moving to Wednesday nights in its upcoming sixth season, according to two Spike TV representatives. The third, fourth, and fifth seasons of the show aired on Thursday nights at 10:00 PM, but the upcoming sixth season will air on Wednesday nights at 10:00 PM.

The premiere of TUF 6 will actually air at 11:00 PM on Wednesday, September 19th, due to the fact that a live UFC Fight Night special will be airing from 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM on that date. Subsequent episodes of TUF 6 will air in the regular timeslot starting on September 26th.

Not sure where everyone gets there MMA fix but this site is pretty good along with sherdog.com. Later boys

Unrelated but still kind of interesting:
Report: ESPN talking to the UFC
July 22nd, 2007 by Sam Caplan

According to PWInsider.com, Monday’s print edition of Multichannel News will report that ESPN is talking to the UFC about the possibility of carrying UFC-related programming in the future. According to the web site, the report also acknowledges the UFC’s previously reported renewal with Spike TV.

We'll get the Multichannel News article up here on the site whenever that is released online.

Personally I don't like it and I hope they stay with Spike Tv. I see a lot more commercials and more censorship if this shit moves to ESPN. Not like SPike is uncensored but ESPN kind of candy coats everything. They fucking made the boxing contender series an even more joke than before.

last one for now I promise but seen this on espn.com

LAS VEGAS -- Oscar De La Hoya plans to continue fighting and has targeted Britain's Ricky Hatton for a possible clash next year.
<!-- PULL-QUOTE (BEGIN) -->
dropQuote.gif
... If Floyd won't fight me maybe Oscar would. Oscar has never dodged anybody.
dropQuoteEnd.gif

Ricky Hatton

<!-- PULL-QUOTE (END) -->
"There's been rumblings going on about it," said the Mexican-American multiple world champion, known as "Golden Boy", of a possible Hatton bout.
"I respect Ricky Hatton. He's a great fighter, he's a great guy. If that fight does get made, fans all over the world will be ecstatic. They will see a fight. Ricky Hatton comes to fight. And that's what I love. If we ever do it, it will be a heck of a show, that's for sure."
Hatton told Reuters: "It would be an honor to share a ring with a modern day legend like Oscar.
"It would be great to fight him in England in a soccer stadium or America. It would be some fight. It's those sort of fights that secure your legacy."
It is not the only option available to Hatton, whose stock rose in the United States following his fourth-round knock-out of Mexican Jose Luis Castillo last month.
U.S. television executives would like to match him up later this year against any one of the following: WBA welterweight champion Miguel Cotto of Puerto Rico, former champion Shane Mosley, or WBC champion Floyd Mayweather Jr., who beat De La Hoya on a split decision in May. A Mayweather fight, in particular, excites Hatton.
"It's no secret that I also want to fight Floyd," he said.
"Hopefully in the autumn. He is regarded as the No. 1 pound-for-pound fighter in the world, but I feel I have the style to beat him. But if Floyd won't fight me maybe Oscar would. Oscar has never dodged anybody."
Mayweather said he was retiring following his victory over De La Hoya, but following Hatton's defeat of Castillo, said he wanted to "beat him all the way back to England."
A fight with either De La Hoya or Mayweather would almost certainly have to be in the welterweight division, seven pounds heavier than Hatton normally fights and seven pounds below De La Hoya's recent fighting weight.

I really like hatton and would love to see this fight. Both DLH and Hatton love to brawl and I think this fight would be a classic fucking match. Really hope pretty boy floyd takes on hatton but this fight would even be better imo.

For the sport, I hope it goes to ESPN, but personally I hoope it doesnt. ESPN has a monopoly on the sports broadcasting and they snubbed their nose and laughed when first proposed. Now that mma has taken off, ESPN is all of a sudden interested in treating it like a sport.

Do 6-8 ppvs a year and put the rest on HBO.

i can't see SpikeTV letting UFC and TUF go without a big fight considering it is probably their highest rated show....

Thanks Muto, I cruise the first two on your list once in awhile but haven't seen the last one. Appreciate the links, take it easy! I wouldn't mind seeing the show going to HBO. Heard some more talk about the HBO move a few months ago but the ESPN thing is new to me.

what u guys think of that show "Tap Out"?

i've seen 3 eps and thought those guys were freaks! whats their story huh?

Last edited:
ESPN has a habit of wrecking things by shoving them down your throat. How many hours of poker do they need to broadcast in a year?!?! Keep them the fuck out of it. HBO Spike and PPV. Fine by me.

<!-- start content -->TapouT is an American reality television series that focuses on the world of mixed martial arts. The series premiered on Versus on June 3, 2007 before moving to its regular Wednesday night timeslot beginning June 6. The series follows "Mask," "Punkass" and "Scyskrape," founders of the renowned TapouT clothing and gear line, as they travel around the country in search of promising MMA fighters to develop and possibly sponsor. Each episode follows the training and development of one fighter, culminating in a fight at a professional MMA event.

[edit] Episodes

<TABLE class=wikitable><TBODY><TR><TH style="BACKGROUND: #e9e9e9">Episode number</TH><TH style="BACKGROUND: #e9e9e9">Title</TH><TH style="BACKGROUND: #e9e9e9">Original airdate</TH><TH style="BACKGROUND: #e9e9e9">Fighter</TH><TH style="BACKGROUND: #e9e9e9">Summary</TH></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Diamond in the Rough</TD><TD>June 3, 2007</TD><TD>Damacio Page</TD><TD>The TapouT crew picks up Page from his home gym in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he trains with Greg Jackson. They drive with him to Iowa, where they meet his opponent, Rod Montoya, who trains with Pat Miletich. Page and Montoya face off at Extreme Challenge. Damacio dominates the fight, knocking out Montoya in the first round.</TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Little Fireball</TD><TD>June 6, 2007</TD><TD>Antonio Banuelos</TD><TD>Banuelos, roommate and training partner of Chuck Liddell, is training for WEC 26. He's facing Charlie Valencia to determine the number-one contender for the WEC Bantamweight title. Valencia catches Banuelos with an uppercut three minutes into the first round, knocking him out.</TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Hot Head</TD><TD>June 13, 2007</TD><TD>Matt Major</TD><TD>The crew meets Major at his home gym, American Kickboxing Academy in San Jose, California, where he's living in an office above the gym. They drive with him to Decatur, Illinois for Courage Fighting Championship 8 for his professional MMA debut. After Major works to cut weight, his opponent Adrian Hopson weighs in 11 pounds over and shows up to the fight 13 pounds over. After struggling in round 1, Major comes back in the final two rounds and wins a unanimous decision.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-ultimate-fighter/team-hughes-vs-team-serra-for-8901.aspx

It's official. UFC and SpikeTV announced today that season 6 of The Ultimate Fighter will feature Team Serra against Team Hughes. This amounts to current Welterweight Champion Matt Serra leading his team of Ultimate Fighting hopefuls against past champion Hughes' team. In what has become a prevailing theme of The Ultimate Fighter, a future match between the coaches has already been booked for November, 2007.

For UFC fans, the coach rivalry here has far more interesting angles than previous pairings. Until now, arguable, Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock's infamous rivalry was probably the most dynamic, but resulted in an anticlimactic clash between two fighters who are thought to be exiting their primes.

Serra and Hughes both have celebrated careers in the octagon. Hughes holds victories over many of the sports legends, including Royce Gracie. A devote Christian, Hughes notably released a solidly applied arm bar on Gracie after the Brazilian refused to tap out for fear of breaking the legendary fighter's arm. Hughes' attitude is widely recognized as one of the best examples of sportsmanship within the often-brutal sport.

Hughes has been a coach before on The Ultimate Fighter, during season two, and was a guest coach in season five. Serra, who was a student of the Gracie family, previously appeared as a contestant on The Ultimate Fighter Season 4: The Comeback, which was essentially an opportunity for failed fighters to reenter the octagon. His win gave him a title shot against raining Welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre, and Serra stunned the world by winning the title.

As usual, teams will compete in elimination fights and the winner will receive a development contract with UFC. Since bringing winning criteria to a more humane level, and producing softer broadcast television events, UFC has rapidly risen to the acclaim of boxing, and many are predicting the mainstream acceptance of the unique sport will continue to challenge Boxing for pay-per-view dollars.

This could be kind of cool. I think though Serra has an edge when it comes to teaching but my perspective is just what I see on TV. I remember TUF4 and all you could here during matches was Serra coaching to whomever in the ring what to do, seemed like a cool dude. I just think that Hughes has his own agenda and thats all he really gives a fuck about. Should be pretty interesting but I think Hughes takes the coaches challenge in Nov. and puts a beating on Serra.

Hughes and all of the Militich fighters "have their own agenda". It is called being dickheads. Not 100% for sure, but it is interesting that Franklin doesnt train with them much anymore or at all, Roger Huerta use to train there too and since ha left. There are others that have gone thrugh there but havent gone back. It could be because of location, learning different styles. But I will contend it is because from the top down they are assholes there in Iowa. I havent seen too many up and comers out of there recently. I dont call their IFL team much ofup and comers either.

Back