Tuesday's STALKING THE UMPS... and other various stuff...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Slight winner yesterday but Detroit really pisses me off. How can you not hit Cabrera when he is all over the place like that? Ugh. One hard team to figure out. I'll prolly go back to the well again tonight; as I'm no fan of Wright - even with Rockin Leo back to help him...

Cain and Young were involved in quite a pitcher's dual in Diego last night. Each pitcher faced the other in the opener, and that one fell 8. Last night neither team ever threatened beside the rally that produced the only Diego run in the 7th after Cain gave up his first hit. Frisco's offense has faced some good pitchers, but bottom line, it's just not very good. Durham is not going to approach his production of last year, and at 34, nor should he.

Look up and down the lineup. When Bonds does not play it's by far the most anemic in baseball. Feliz is rotten at the plate. Aurilia can hit in streaks but is not going to put up big numbers. I already told you my thoughts on Durham... Randy Winn is a light-hitting outfielder, Dave Roberts will eventually start to get on base but who is gonna knock him in besides Bonds? Bengie Molina won't hit .318 for long and Vizquel won't ever hit again....

OK, onto today's mess....

To Wrigley, where the total looks at least a run too low for me. I eagerly took some OVER 9 plus 105 earlier when it popped up.

Sure, Sampson threw three scoreless frames during the Astros' loss to the Pirates on Wednesday. He was also 2-1 with a 2.12 ERA over 12 games in '06, including three starts. But this is his first start of the season, and I have to question how long he'll be able to go. Marquis was 2-2 with a 5.06 ERA last year against the Astros. And both bullpens have ERAs that are in the 5.00s.... Add Marvin "Ho Ho Ho, Take Your Base" Hudson behind the plate, a wind blowing out from the first-base dugout to left-center, and everything is there for a high-scoring game. I also parlayed OVER with the Astros small, in a correlated play...

CKR - I just posted the over in the Cubs game as one of my plays. If you look at the Astros lineup, they have pretty solid numbers against Marquis.

Let's start the day off with a nice win.

Best of luck!!

Wish I would have waited on Seattle. Yes, Jeff Weaver ain't pitched since the World Series last year and the Mariners ain't played a game (technically) since Wednesday last week. Still, I like them at this ludicrus (sp?) price today against the Red Sox and Beckett.

Weaver has shown good enough stuff to rarely warrant being this kind of dog and I have the Mariners rated as my third-best team in the American League (behind Yankees and Detroit). Their lineup is fairly potent from top to bottom and should give Beckett fits. Against Kansas City on Wednesday, the right-hander tossed five good innings, allowing a run on two hits while striking out five. But his pitch count got up there, and Francona will continue to leave his starters on a pitch count on these cold April days, leaving it in the hands of his less-than-good bullpen. Beckett is 1-1 with a 5.27 ERA vs. Seattle in two career starts.

I didn't have enough patience to wait this out, as I thought the cash would come for Seattle once i got to take plus-180. So I also have some plus-190....

CUZZI is the HP umpire, and although he is a bad ump, he is fairly consistent, with a slight lean to the "UNDERS" the last three years. A pass for me on the total, though with the big big dog you have great value if you're trying to get Beckett to choke (Sea/OVER small, which I will do for Outback money lol)....

Back after the Champions' League games to stalk in Milwaukee (for Anaheim/Cleveland) and Atlanta, and offer any other thoughts...

Questions? Ask them before the top of the hour; as I am going to Outback (what can I say, I like steak! haha).... to watch the CL games and the Stros/Cubs...

GL!

:bow:
foodimg138_a.jpg

I think SEA competes in this game and will have a chance late:cheers:

Fuckin-a it sure does...

Think I'm going with the Rockhampton Ribeye today!

Back shortly to check in before I leave.

One note after seeing lineups in Chicago - both teams are at full strength. The wind is blowing more right-to-left than "OUT", but that doesn't concern me, as these two pens will get more than enough chances to fuck it all up...

How was the steak CKR?

Houston's doing their part but the Scrubbies even with the millions of dollars they spent, still SUCK!!

I actually pussed out and went with the Chicken Fried Chicken... got steak at the house and gonna try to get laid tomorrow and cook them for me and an "ex"...

Lose Seattle/O but got Houston home, even though that total woulda put me in a good spot for the day....

Wow, 7-1 at Old Trafford... and Chelsea scored in the 90th minute to get a 2-1 win, finally one goes my way late....

Back with UMP stuff shortly for the late 'uns....

MEALS calling the game in Baltimore tonight. He is a predominantly 'UNDER' ump (46-56 last 3 years) but I don't like the O pitcher at all and I think Detroit and their sorry-ass offense touches him up. Also think Robertson has a dominating performance to an extent, but look for 9-3 Detroit or so. Got OVER/Det parlay, and small bets on each DET and OVER (more on Tigers)...

RANDAZZO 13-18 last year but 44-46 since the start of 2004 and no noticeable bias. But I lean UNDER with Pettitte and Boof the Goof at the House of the Hefty Bag.

Pettitte worked just four-plus innings on Thursday night in his first start back with the Yanks after a three-year hiatus in Houston. He gave up six hits and four runs (two earned) against the Rays while striking out two and walking three. Too many pitches was his demise... Boof the Goof passed his first test of the season, despite early struggles. Bonser threw 60 pitches through three innings, but he was able to cruise through his final two innings on only 20 pitches. The Twins want to see the big right-hander work on pitching to contact a bit more and relying on his defense - a KEY against the Yankee lineup, which will rarely strike out. Total looks a smidge high and there is value with MIN at home after the shitter they threw in last night. On Twins, U, and Twins/U parlay....

Just as I feared, "E" stuck behind the plate with a guy who has never pitched above Class A ball. Last Friday they put him in Tampa with those 2 amazing pens - he missed his dinner reservation by 90 minutes because of those pens. Not sure same thing won't happen tonight - lean dog and OVER even with 'E' back there - look at what has happened to the total throughout the day.... but gotta pass cause of "E" and Brew have lost 7 straight to the superior Marlins...

Gonna kick myself for not playing this, but WENDLESTEDT going in PIT... He is a predominantly OVER ump... Prob for me is that Keisler has pretty good stuff and I also think Gorzellany is underrated, as he's got some experience now... Something tells me STL wins 11-3 and I'll be kicking myself, but passing for now on side and total...

The UMPS don't want to come out of the bushes in Atlanta... About 40 minutes to first pitch and this is the first time they are making me try to snipe at them from the bushes... THis is a big deal because I have a monster bet on Atlanta RL - I would sure hate to see a "UNDER" guy pop up there and cut down on the possibility of more ATL runs.

I am fading the Senators on the road at plus-money or close to it by betting home team RL every game until further notice.....

SCHREIBER in Milwaukee doing the Anaheim/CLE game... Price had gotten out of hand here and was able to get a little ANA, OVER and ANA/O parlay action here (plus 125 and over 8.5 EVEN).....

SCHREIBER is a predominantly "OVER" UMP... Would look for runs here, as if either one of these starters is off, they are WAY off....

TIMMONS in Atlanta... I am on Brave RL - (or should I say ANTI-WASHINGTON ON THE ROAD RL... for as long as it takes for me to make desired profit)... laid -110 this morning so we'll see how it turns out but the game is 3-dollars now so I definitely got the best of it - all you can ask....

HALLION goes in TOronto... 26-35 last three, and 11-18 last year.... So slight "UNDER" guy... I leaned to KC and OVER at this ridiculous price. Betting on Towers BLOWING UP again but CRIS not giving me any bargains on the total... though might take plus-40 on KC before it starts in 15 minutes...

Back