Tuesday's CFB...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Well fellas. The MAC degenerate games are here in the middle of the week, so it must be November!

Since North Dakota State smashed Central 44-14 at Kelly-Shorts Stadium earlier in the season, the Chips have won four of five (the shellacking at Clemson, I'll let go) and have terrorized MAC foes this season. THey are now 5-4 and a win tonight all but seals up a bid to the MAC title game.

Central has thrived as of late and going to Western laying less than a field goal seems awfully cheap to me. This Western team, while somewhat talented, makes a ton of mistakes and repeatedly has shot itself in the foot all season.

The x-factor is dual-threat QB Dan LeFevour. He's passed for 2,312 yards, 18 touchdowns and seven interceptions and has rushed for 546 yards and eight scores.

The only thing keeping me from hammering the hell out of this is the weather. By game time, the forecast calls for a mix of snow, rain and 20-mph winds with temperatures in the mid-30s. This is what you get when you play night football in November. Last season's showdown was all but ruined (for WMU) by bad weather, a 31-7 Central win in Mount Pleasant.

The play: Central Mishitgan -2.5 for a medium bet.

GL!

:cheers:

GL Rex - I think the Chips should get it done here, simply by putting up more on the board. They've done a good job in pass protection so I figure LeFevour should produce despite the poor weather forecast. WM seems to have shot themselves in the foot all year with TO's, and that doesn't bode well against an opportunistic offense.

Bull: I had 5 out of 5 on the Pick-6 heading into the Classic. We had Street Sense singled. No way to hedge out.

Four of us put in about $310 each for a $1250 ticket. We figure if Street Sense wins the Pick 6 pays about $260,000.

Government takes its piece, says "good job", then we're left with about $140,000. Chop it four ways and that's 35K.

Instead, 5 of 6 pays $1530 or so. We end up making about $280 - or $70 per person.

Yep, sucked to see Street Sense run out of gas in the stretch...

GL to us Timmy...

I think these two teams are very even talent wise. The problem for Western like you said has been turnovers and penalties. Last year they were one of the best teams in the nation when it comes to turnover margin and this year their ranked up in the 100's in that department. My thought is that if WMU doesn't turn the ball over and can stop the run it will be a very close game. This is the first ever nationally televised game from Kalamazoo and if Western puts a complete game together I think they take this one 31-24.

Well your syndicate certainly did better than ours up here did. Every year I donate to that fucking thing lol...

Aztec: Fun to watch. Interesting finish.

Sure no good for the shop. We didn't win a bet at the store (used 3 I think the whole time)...

And the total was like 67 this morning. Scalpers and middlers got all the cash by going under that and over 59.5

Wish I could have traded my Classic play to you, Rex.
Curlin has been a favorite of mine since way back in NewOrlens? and or Arkansas days. It was a great win for me to wrap up the day.

Back