TuesDayBases

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
6-6-0 -0.55 sides/totals last but parlays won 4.16 so +3.61 for day UP 322.23ytd posted

Tuesday
Atlanta Braves +116* vs Washington Nationals (J Teheran - R must Start G Gonzalez - L must Start) 100/116
Atlanta Braves* +1 -147 vs Washington Nationals 147/100
Atlanta Braves/Washington Nationals* Over 6 -182 182/100
Will be on the -1.5RL when I can get it...
Monday released list of suspended players who were found in an ongoing investigation to have used performance-enhancing drugs, and Gio Gonzalez's name, just as he anticipated, wasn't among them. Gonzalez had been linked to the Biogenesis scandal since rumors began circulating before spring training that he may have been involved with the now-closed Florida anti-aging clinic that supplied PEDs to major and minor leaguers.So a relief for the Nats. ...I need some of that ''anti-aging'' stuff :) :) Gonzalez gave up 10 runs - his most since allowing a career-high 11 against Minnesota while with Oakland back in 2009 - and a personal-worst 11 hits in 3 1-3 innings of Wednesday's 11-1 loss at Detroit. He needs a better nite of Alt bats will eat him up.Gonzalez's first two starts against the Braves didn't go as well. He gave up seven runs in five innings of a 9-0 loss April 14 before allowing five in four frames of an 8-1 defeat April 30 despite nine strikeouts. Teheran (8-5, 3.02) has a 1.00 ERA over his last three starts and Atlanta won last three Teheran starts. He has shown spurts of being a good pitcher but mostly @ home.

Pittsburgh Pirates -190* <small>vs</small> Miami Marlins (H Alvarez - R must Start J Locke - L must Start) 190/100
Pittsburgh Pirates* -1 -137 vs Miami Marlins 137/100
Miami Marlins/Pittsburgh Pirates* Under 7½ -150 150/100
this price is to hi but i still like the Pirates to sweep this series

Chicago Cubs* +106 vs Philadelphia Phillies
E Jackson - R Listed K Kendrick - R Listed 50/53
Chicago Cubs/Philadelphia Phillies* Under 9 -143 71/50
Jackson has looked almost decent the last few @ 4-1, 2.45 in his last six starts, neither team scoring much on a regular basis. Hopefully Kendrick want get knocked around like in his last start and get this under

Colorado Rockies/New York Mets* Under 7½ -130
T Chatwood - R Listed J Mejia - R Listed 65/50
NO PLAY BECAUSE OF SP CHANGE
I cant pick a side here but both offenses are having trouble producing...but Chatwood was hit hard in last game in Atl and only lasted 2 innings. Five of Mets' last six games stayed under the total and Rocks have like 12 runs in last six games and I dont believe Mejia will help that #

St. Louis Cardinals* +138 vs Los Angeles Dodgers
C Kershaw - L Listed J Kelly - R Listed 50/69
Los Angeles Dodgers/St. Louis Cardinals* Over 6 -150 150/100

u want see me go against Kershaw very often but I'm going with my feelings with the Cards. Kelly is no slouch @ 2-0, 0.51 in his last three outings...and even with good SP, I like this Over 6...note:Under is 8-1-1 in last ten Dodger games. ouch btw, I lost both of my Overs yesterday

Last edited:
San Francisco Giants* -1 -119 vs Milwaukee Brewers
W Peralta - R Listed M Cain - R Listed 119/100
Milwaukee Brewers/San Francisco Giants* Under 7½ -165 165/100
Cain has gone 2-0 with a 1.80 ERA in three starts since the All-Star break and has struck out seven in each of the last two. He allowed one run in eight innings of a 2-1 win over Philadelphia on Thursday.Peralta @ 7-11, 4.57 went 2-0 with a 0.31 ERA as Milwaukee won his first four starts of July, but he allowed eight runs - five earned - in 3 2-3 innings of an 8-3 loss to Col on July 26. He then yielded four runs in five frames of Wednesday's 6-1 loss to the Cubs and he didn't have good stuff April 16 when he faced the Giants, either, giving up six runs in four innings, but the Milwaukee offense backed him its 10-8 win. Brewers have been playing to the under of late and I think they have trouble with Cain tonite

gl today houndt with ya on the Braves, not going to take Stl but this is the rare spot I will lay off the Dodgers...think it will be low scoring and could go either way but just can't pull the trigger against the best team in baseball right now...wondering if you had any info on Alvarez going for Miami today???

gl today houndt with ya on the Braves, not going to take Stl but this is the rare spot I will lay off the Dodgers...think it will be low scoring and could go either way but just can't pull the trigger against the best team in baseball right now...wondering if you had any info on Alvarez going for Miami today???

Thanks coach
i havent seen anything that say that Alvarez want start. I go thru the local team papers each morn. Alvarez got his first win with Miami yielding two hits in six innings of a 2-0 victory and he is 2-0, 0.89 in his last three starts. If I expected the Marlins to score, I would have layed off of Pitt here cause i hated to pay the price.Stanton the Marlins slugger hasn't gone deep in a while, with two hits in his last 23 at-bats to go with eight strikeouts.

gl hound, riding the bravos with you as well as the pirates and the mets under. Haven't gotten further than that yet

Cleveland Indians* -106 vs Detroit Tigers 106/100
Detroit Tigers/Cleveland Indians* Over 7 -137 137/100

i hate to go against a hot team like Det but
Verlander hasnt look good the last few rd games @ 0-2, 10.03 in his last two road starts and I like what I have seen in Masterson the last few @ 3-0, 1.29 in his last four starts.
note: Under is 6-0-1 in last seven Cuzzi games but I think the Over 7 still hits tonite

RedSox/Stros...hell if I know. i lost on Bos last nite and I cant see them being this large of a fav with
Wright starting @ 5-6, 3.89 in 19 AAA starts this year and he allowed five runs in 12.1 big league IP (three games).
Please tell me if u see something here

gl hound, riding the bravos with you as well as the pirates and the mets under. Haven't gotten further than that yet

Thanks mrob...hope we on the right side of those...and hope u loaded up on the CWS last nite after posting ur feelings there. U were right on...I only played them for one and was a little hesitant even with that

GL

Kansas City Royals* -1 -136 vs Minnesota Twins
A Albers - L Listed J Shields - R Listed 272/200
Minnesota Twins/Kansas City Royals* Over 7 -155 155/100
this is probably my fav pod Wright is 5-6, 3.89 in 19 AAA starts this year and he allowed five runs in 12.1 big league IP (three games). Shields is 3-1, 2.53 in his last five starts and the Royals are red hot and may get this over by them selves

1. 8/6/2013 10:10 PM MLB Baseball 974 Seattle Mariners* -1 -122 vs Toronto Blue Jays
    J Johnson - R Listed F Hernandez - R Listed
    244 To Win 200
  2. 8/6/2013 10:10 PM MLB Baseball 974 Seattle Mariners* -163 vs Toronto Blue Jays
    Risking 163 To Win 100
  3. 8/6/2013 10:10 PM MLB Baseball 974 Seattle Mariners* Over 4 -120 vs Toronto Blue Jays
    Risking 120 To Win 100
M's -1 my 2nd fav play...Johnson's first-year Blue Jay has a 14.06 ERA in his last four starts after getting tagged for a season-high 10 hits in 2 1-3 innings of Thursday's 8-2 road loss to the Los Angeles Angels. I read today where Jays had more fans at the M's home game last nite than the home team with Canadians fans coming in from BC

1. 8/6/2013 10:05 PM MLB Baseball 971 Texas Rangers* -1 -129 vs Los Angeles Angels
    Y Darvish - R Listed G Richards - R Listed
    Risking 129 To Win 100
  2. 8/6/2013 10:05 PM MLB Baseball 971 Texas Rangers/Los Angeles Angels* Under 7½ -135
    Risking 135 To Win 100

Hoping the Rangers can score a few runs cause I dont think LAA will against Darvish. The Angels were fortunate not to face Yu Darvish last week. However, they'll now catch the Texas ace coming off one of the best performances of his career.Darvish is 2-1, 0.47 in his last three starts. Richards is 1-0, 1.50 in his last two starts.

1. 8/6/2013 7:10 PM MLB Baseball 975 Oakland Athletics/Cincinnati Reds* Over 7 -180
    D Straily - R Listed M Latos - R Listed
    Risking 90 To Win 50
  2. 8/6/2013 7:10 PM MLB Baseball 976 Cincinnati Reds* -153 vs Oakland Athletics
    Risking 153 To Win 100

Latos is 2-0, 3.38 in his last three starts and the are Reds are 6-2 in his home starts. Straily struggling @ 0-3, 6.75 in his last three starts. Bothe teams are cold but I think the Reds hit Straily

Tampa Bay Rays/Arizona Diamondbacks Under 9 -150* (J Hellickson - R must Start W Miley - L must Start) 150/100

1. 8/6/2013 10:10 PM MLB Baseball 979 Baltimore Orioles* -1 -110 vs San Diego Padres
    B Norris - R Listed E Volquez - R Listed
    Risking 110 To Win 100
  2. 8/6/2013 10:10 PM MLB Baseball 979 Baltimore Orioles* -136 vs San Diego Padres
    Risking 136 To Win 100

adding one series play with outstanding series plays from Mon looking good
8/6/2013 7:00 PM Props Baseball 5956 PIT Pirates (3 Game Series)* -240 vs MIA Marlins (3 Game Series)
Fixed Price
H.Alvarez & J.Locke must start for action
Risking 240 To Win 100
I think the Pirates sweep

and of course my little RR parlay in treys
[TABLE="class: WagerDesc"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]
  1. 8/6/2013 7:05 PM MLB Baseball 951 Atlanta Braves* +2½ -345 vs Washington Nationals
    J Teheran - R Listed G Gonzalez - L Listed
  2. 8/6/2013 7:05 PM MLB Baseball 956 Pittsburgh Pirates* +2½ -580 vs Miami Marlins
    H Alvarez - R Listed J Locke - L Listed
  3. 8/6/2013 10:15 PM MLB Baseball 962 San Francisco Giants* +2½ -550 vs Milwaukee Brewers
    W Peralta - R Listed M Cain - R Listed
  4. 8/6/2013 7:05 PM MLB Baseball 964 Cleveland Indians* +2½ -265 vs Detroit Tigers
    J Verlander - R Listed J Masterson - R Listed
  5. 8/6/2013 8:10 PM MLB Baseball 965 Boston Red Sox* +2½ -695 vs Houston Astros
    S Wright - R Listed J Lyles - R Listed
  6. 8/6/2013 8:10 PM MLB Baseball 968 Kansas City Royals* +2½ -495 vs Minnesota Twins
    A Albers - L Listed J Shields - R Listed
  7. 8/6/2013 10:05 PM MLB Baseball 971 Texas Rangers* +2½ -700 vs Los Angeles Angels
  8. 8/6/2013 10:10 PM MLB Baseball 974 Seattle Mariners* +2½ -485 vs Toronto Blue Jays
  9. 8/6/2013 7:10 PM MLB Baseball 976 Cincinnati Reds* +2½ -420 vs Oakland Athletics
  10. 8/6/2013 10:10 PM MLB Baseball 979 Baltimore Orioles* +2½ -590 vs San Diego Padres
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Risking 605 (121 parlays at 5) To Win 500
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Kansas City Royals* -1 -136 vs Minnesota Twins
A Albers - L Listed J Shields - R Listed 272/200
Minnesota Twins/Kansas City Royals* Over 7 -155 155/100
this is probably my fav pod Wright is 5-6, 3.89 in 19 AAA starts this year and he allowed five runs in 12.1 big league IP (three games). Shields is 3-1, 2.53 in his last five starts and the Royals are red hot and may get this over by them selves
Who is Wright?
[TABLE="class: stat_table"]
<tbody>[TR="class: tablelabel"]
[TD="colspan: 5"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: stathead"]
[TD]Date[/TD]
[TD]Level[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]IP[/TD]
[TD]R[/TD]
[TD]ER[/TD]
[TD]H[/TD]
[TD]2B[/TD]
[TD]3B[/TD]
[TD]HR[/TD]
[TD]SO[/TD]
[TD]BB[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: odd"]
[TD]July 31[/TD]
[TD]AAA[/TD]
[TD]@ Lehigh Valley[/TD]
[TD]8.0[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: even"]
[TD]July 26[/TD]
[TD]AAA[/TD]
[TD]vs. Norfolk[/TD]
[TD]9.0[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]July 21[/TD]
[TD]AAA[/TD]
[TD]@ Syracuse[/TD]
[TD]5.1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]July 13[/TD]
[TD]AAA[/TD]
[TD]@ Pawtucket[/TD]
[TD]6.0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]July 8[/TD]
[TD]AAA[/TD]
[TD]@ Scranton/WB[/TD]
[TD]5.0[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]July 3[/TD]
[TD]AAA[/TD]
[TD]@ Buffalo[/TD]
[TD]7.0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]June 28[/TD]
[TD]AAA[/TD]
[TD]@ Indianapolis[/TD]
[TD]6.0[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]June 23[/TD]
[TD]AAA[/TD]
[TD]@ Louisville[/TD]
[TD]5.0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]June 18[/TD]
[TD]AAA[/TD]
[TD]@ Scranton/WB[/TD]
[TD]6.1[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
Albers

KC is horrible vs lefties at home I think playing the road team first half has cashed 5 of last 6 and I am seeing 6-8 at home vs lefties this season.

Like most of the other plays but Minn saw Shield on the first which is never good for a pitcher and got 5 hits and 5 walks and only 2 runs and in that game he tossed 116 pitches. Hate to be against you and will be with you on many of your other plays. BOL

Hey Bloody, the starter for the Bosox tonight Steven Wright is a personal friend of mine. He's gone strictly knuckle ball. He's been up and down this season from AAA and back. Good outing vs Seattle about a month ago. Another good outing a few days ago. From what I've seen, he could give up a lot of walks and runs are throw the max 5 innings and hold a team to 2 or 3 runs. A complete unknown as far as whether he's ready to start at this level. GL

Who is Wright?
[TABLE="class: stat_table"]
<tbody>[TR="class: tablelabel"]
[TD="colspan: 5"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: stathead"]
[TD]Date[/TD]
[TD]Level[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]IP[/TD]
[TD]R[/TD]
[TD]ER[/TD]
[TD]H[/TD]
[TD]2B[/TD]
[TD]3B[/TD]
[TD]HR[/TD]
[TD]SO[/TD]
[TD]BB[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]July 31[/TD]
[TD]AAA[/TD]
[TD]@ Lehigh Valley[/TD]
[TD]8.0[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]July 26[/TD]
[TD]AAA[/TD]
[TD]vs. Norfolk[/TD]
[TD]9.0[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]July 21[/TD]
[TD]AAA[/TD]
[TD]@ Syracuse[/TD]
[TD]5.1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]July 13[/TD]
[TD]AAA[/TD]
[TD]@ Pawtucket[/TD]
[TD]6.0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]July 8[/TD]
[TD]AAA[/TD]
[TD]@ Scranton/WB[/TD]
[TD]5.0[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]July 3[/TD]
[TD]AAA[/TD]
[TD]@ Buffalo[/TD]
[TD]7.0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]June 28[/TD]
[TD]AAA[/TD]
[TD]@ Indianapolis[/TD]
[TD]6.0[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]June 23[/TD]
[TD]AAA[/TD]
[TD]@ Louisville[/TD]
[TD]5.0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]June 18[/TD]
[TD]AAA[/TD]
[TD]@ Scranton/WB[/TD]
[TD]6.1[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
Albers

KC is horrible vs lefties at home I think playing the road team first half has cashed 5 of last 6 and I am seeing 6-8 at home vs lefties this season.

Like most of the other plays but Minn saw Shield on the first which is never good for a pitcher and got 5 hits and 5 walks and only 2 runs and in that game he tossed 116 pitches. Hate to be against you and will be with you on many of your other plays. BOL

appreciate the input and if these two teams were anywhere close in personnel talent it would become a big factor since the Twins just saw him and will make 'some' adjustments but the Twins didnt hit Shields well last game and compared to what I envision KC doing to the the Twins and what big league hitting can do to a rookie pitcher I still like this play a lot.Albers went 11-5 with a 2.86 ERA in 22 starts for Triple-A Rochester, and as a baseball fan, I look forward seeing what he can do at the major league level.I read where he doesn't have a lot of velocity, but he really knows how to pitch. He can cut the ball in hard and locate the baseball.If he tries to pound the zone and throw strikes MLB hitting will eat him alive imo.But to his credit,he has faced major leaguers while pitching for Team Canada in the World Baseball Classic earlier this year.
Damn I love to discuss baseball. Thanks for stopping by and GL tonite and the rest of the season tuck

Hey Bloody, the starter for the Bosox tonight Steven Wright is a personal friend of mine. He's gone strictly knuckle ball. He's been up and down this season from AAA and back. Good outing vs Seattle about a month ago. Another good outing a few days ago. From what I've seen, he could give up a lot of walks and runs are throw the max 5 innings and hold a team to 2 or 3 runs. A complete unknown as far as whether he's ready to start at this level. GL

good stuff Wise. Always enjoy reading about close friends in sports.
With he Red Sox boasting the third best batting average in the majors this season (.273), while the Astros own the second worst mark in baseball (.235) there may be a play here but with Wright being an unknown here I have to many ??

Back