TuesDayBases

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
7-7-2 +00.20 Mon UP 113.13 ytd one winning(maybe i should say 'no-losing day in a row...20 little cents) but at least I didnt lose anything LOL :)

Series plays
Pittsburgh Pirates (Series 1st 3 Games)* -140 vs Milwaukee Brewers (Series 1st 3 Games) x1
St. Louis Cardinals (Series 1st 3 Games)* -250 vs New York Mets (Series 1st 3 Games) x1
Colorado Rockies (3 Game Series)* +120 vs Chicago Cubs (3 Game Series) x1
Atlanta Braves (3 Games Series)* +115 vs Arizona Diamondbacks (3 Game Series) x2

5 team Series parlay 50 /550
Pittsburgh Pirates (Series 1st 3 Games)* -140 vs Milwaukee Brewers (Series 1st 3 Games)
St. Louis Cardinals (Series 1st 3 Games)* -250 vs New York Mets (Series 1st 3 Games)
Atlanta Braves (3 Games Series)* +115 vs Arizona Diamondbacks (3 Game Series)
Detroit Tigers (3 Game Series)* -500 vs Houston Astros (3 Game Series)
Texas Rangers (3 Game Series)* -105 vs Oakland Athletics (3 Game Series)

Tuesday
Pittsburgh Pirates* +106 vs Milwaukee Brewers x2...not sure why the Pirates are the dog here ...but I'll bite.Maybe its the fact that the Pirates have lost five straight home meetings with the Brewers. But Milwaukee's scoring woes surface mainly when Lohse (1-4, 3.53 ERA) is on the hill, as he's received one or no runs of support five times in his seven starts. Lohse, though, has posted a 4.93 ERA while suffering the loss in each of his last three outings.
Locke (3-1, 2.95) is 2-0 with a 1.50 ERA over his last four starts after giving up one run in six innings of Pittsburgh's 3-2 loss to the New York Mets on Thursday. He's allowed three hits or fewer in each of those outings while posting an average of 0.88 walks and hits per inning in that stretch and he has allowed one run or none in four of his seven starts. Go Buccos

Milwaukee Brewers/Pittsburgh Pirates* Over 7 -160 x1

Cincinnati Reds* -1 -139 vs Miami Marlins x1
Cincinnati Reds/Miami Marlins* Over 7 -110 x1
Bailey (1-3, 3.83), meanwhile, has posted a 6.23 ERA in losing all three 2013 road outings. He's winless in his last six starts overall after allowing four runs in five innings last Tuesday in a 5-4 victory over Atlanta.Cincinnati outscored Miami 25-11 in winning three of four last month. Joey Votto went 8 for 17 with two homers and four RBIs and Shin-Soo Choo was 8 for 14 with four extra-base hits.Cincinnati (22-16) has won seven of nine and has to like its chances against Nolasco (2-4, 3.72 ERA), who is 0-1 with a 6.46 ERA in four home starts versus the Reds - who have batted .337 while winning all of those games.

Thanks guys GL to U to my friends :shake:

trying to capp todays games in amongst a dozen other thing I have going :goal:

added a series play
Boston Red Sox (3 Game Series)* +150 vs Tampa Bay Rays (3 Game Series) x2...lots of value here imo

Rockies...I would like to be on this side but the Rockies seem to have trouble scoring no matter who the opposition sends to the mound. They've lost five of six while scoring four runs in the defeats. After seemingly ending the slump with Sunday's 8-2 win at St. Louis, Colorado (20-18) finished with three hits Monday. May buy 2.5 in a parlay

Atlanta Braves* +125 vs Arizona Diamondbacks x1...can the Braves hit Corbin @(5-0, 1.75 ERA) who has been one of the best pitchers in baseball, an unexpected status after he went 6-8 with a 4.54 ERA and a save in 22 games - 17 starts last year. Corbin won a spot coming out of spring training, and has since become the first pitcher to throw at least six innings and allow two or fewer runs in his first seven starts of the season since Ubaldo Jimenez had 12 straight such outings for Colorado in 2010.But the Braves pounded out 13 hits with four doubles and three homers to coast to a 10-1 win in the opener of this three-game series. The Braves matched their highest scoring output of the season after they were outscored 23-4 during three straight losses at San Francisco. And Upton has a .458 average with five homers and 11 RBIs in his last 12 games at Chase Field. And now we have to throw Teheran (2-0, 4.84) in the picture. Yeah, I know he looked awfully bad early on but the Braves looking to improve to 7-0 with him on the mound. He made an adjustment to the grip on his changeup produced another strong start from the 22-year-old rookie right-hander, who allowed three runs in seven innings of Thursday's 6-3 win over the Giants.Teheran gave up two runs and six hits in four innings while not getting a decision in a 5-4 loss at Arizona on May 18, 2011, his only meeting with the Diamondbacks. I'll take a chance @ the Braves bats on this one

Atlanta Braves* -1½ +180 vs Arizona Diamondbacks x1
Atlanta Braves* -2½ +235 vs Arizona Diamondbacks x Half

Washington Nationals* +167 vs Los Angeles Dodgers x1... While I think one give Kershaw some respect, I dont think the combo on Kershaw/Dodgers deserve 67 cent worth of respect. Kershaw has been especially dominant lately going 1-0 with a 0.82 ERA and 21 strikeouts over his last three starts, but the Dodgers have lost his last two while scoring three runs combined.The lefthander's 2.10 run support average is the worst in baseball among qualifiers, as Los Angeles has scored just 13 times in his 55 2-3 innings on the hill. Yes, I have cussed and fussed at the damn Dodgers this yr but the Dodgers, though, are fourth in the NL hitting .263, with Adrian Gonzalez batting .382 during a 10-game hitting streak while Matt Kemp is riding a 12-game run. However, the team's .223 average with runners in scoring position has contributed to it ranking 28th in the majors with 129 runs scored, and Kershaw (3-2, 1.62 ERA) has felt the brunt of that lack of production. Kershaw has been especially dominant lately going 1-0 with a 0.82 ERA and 21 strikeouts over his last three starts, but the Dodgers have lost his last two while scoring three runs combined. All that said, I still have to go with the Nats and Haren @ (4-3, 5.17) and has posted a 3.15 ERA while winning three straight outings. He beat Detroit 5-4 on Thursday and has been much better of late after going 1-3 with a 7.36 ERA in his first four starts. GO Nats

Houston Astros* +285 vs Detroit Tigers x 00.20 or twenty littleones...I may lose my beer rations for a wk on this one but I'm taking Harrell is 3-1, 4.01 in his last six starts over Fister is 1-1, 5.48 in his last four starts. Harrell won't have to deal with center fielder Jackson after Detroit placed its leadoff man on the 15-day disabled list because of a pulled hamstring Monday. Altuve has been a bright spot for the Stros with a team-best .333 batting average, and he went 3 for 4 against Fister on May 3.

Boston Red Sox* +130 vs Tampa Bay Rays x1 .... can someone tell me what in the hell happened to the RedSox bats??
I realize that Tampa Bay is 7-0 when Moore starts (6-0, 2.14) and Boston will start John Lackey (1-3, 2.82), who is coming off his own frustrating outing. He gave up one run through the first five innings against Minnesota on Thursday, then gave way to four unearned runs in the sixth after sailing a throw to second base into center field. Lackey is 12-6 versus the Rays but 3-5 with a 7.27 ERA over the last eight meetings. Zobrist and Escobar are a combined 13 for 31 off of Lackey while Luke Scott is 6 for 16 with three doubles and two homers. I have been told many times that I'm to old and full of shit, but I still like the RedSox here tonite and for this series

Chicago White Sox/Minnesota Twins* Under 9 -135 x Half ...I tried to pick a side in this one and couldnt...and I hate to play Under with the Minni bats that can explode just any time but we do have a couple of good SP with Peavy @ 3-0, 1.98 in his last four starts and Correia @ 4-1, 3.06 in his last five outings.Seven of last eleven White Sox games stayed under the total and Baker btp wont hurt us any.

Kansas City Royals* +117 vs Los Angeles Angels x1 ... I think the wrong team is favored here. I will take Guthrie is 3-0, 0.83 in his last three starts as he tries to extend his franchise-record streak of consecutive starts without a loss against a Angels team that has been in a rut offensively.Los Angeles (14-24), which has lost six of eight home games, has totaled seven runs while hitting .177 with six extra-base hits over its last three contests overall. Pujols went 1 for 4 in the opener and is hitting .171 since April 21. After batting .161 over his previous 14 games, Josh Hamilton went 2 for 3 Monday and is 7 for 23 with two homers lifetime against Guthrie. Vargas (1-3, 4.26) had allowed two runs over 17 innings in back-to-back complete games, but gave up five and 10 hits over 5 2-3 innings before leaving without a decision in the Angels' 6-5 comeback win at Houston on Thursday.

GL blood. Moore is my boy and I hate to see you go against him.

I understand slugur...At least we can continue to give each other some well wishes. Some things that I see about Moore that concern me...In Moore's last two starts, he has seen his hits allowed total increase, his BBs allowed increase, his HRs allowed increase, while his K total decreased. With Moore coming off of five days of rest to make Tuesdays start, there is also a red flag knowing that the only other occurrence this season that Moore went on five days rest was on May 3rd against the Rockies where he allowed 4 runs through 5 innings on 7 hits, 2 HRs, 4 BBs and 3 Ks. If Moore's career trend is to follow suit, then it may be wise to fade him in May as in 2012, Moore went 1-4 with a 4.83 era and the trend continues with this May as he has already allowed a combined 6 runs on 13 hits, 3 HRs & 8 BBs on just 5 Ks through his 10 May innings. Moore faced the Red Sox twice in 2012 where he went 0-2 while allowing a combined 9 runs on 13 hits & 4 HRs through 12 innings.

GL my friend

Texas Rangers* -110 vs Oakland Athletics x1 Rangers failed to show last nite, Hopefully tonite with Holland @ 2-0, 0.60 in his last couple starts things will be different. Colon (3-2, 4.57) compiled an 8.22 ERA over his last three starts - losing the past two while serving up two homers in each.

Cleveland Indians* -125 vs Philadelphia Phillies x1 Will miracles never cease?? Scott Kazmir is looking for his third straight win. The well-balanced and hard-hitting Cleveland lineup led by Reynolds & Co. will prove quite a challenge for young Phils starter Pettibone, who was spared facing the Tribe lineup two weeks ago.Indians have been a pleasent surprise this year as they are one of the hottest teams in baseball and I have been slow to take advantage of them.

and the last two side of the day
Baltimore Orioles* -1 -104 vs San Diego Padres x1 ...because Cashner is 0-2, 7.88 in two road starts and the O's should take advantage

Giants/Jays... unless yall talk me into it, I think I will leave this one alone.!! Dickey has gone 0-3 with a 5.76 ERA over his last four starts. He owns a 6.75 ERA at home as opposed to 3.55 on the road.Zito has been sharp this year, allowing one or no earned runs in six starts.But Zito has 20 career losses in interleague play -- the second-most all-time (Derek Lowe, 23).

maybe some totals after I see updated weather and lineups

GLTA..and I do appreciate all of the input. Now, Lets All have a big nite

mr hound, sir. I dare fade you once - I'm on Philly

and I join you thrice - R Sox, Wash, and Orioles-1.

Good luck- tonite and forever.

Coverdaspred, Thank U, That means a lot to me. Continued GL my friend

Bull, Very nice to have U in here. Maybe U should just post ur winners and let me follow. Very nice call on the Phillies. Maybe work has slowed down a bit and we'll see u more often.

mrob, not the nite we had hoped for but maybe not to bad

Back