TuesDayBases and other stuff

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
last8-3-0 +3.10 ytd +71

stuff 1st

601 Minnesota Lynx* -4 -110 vs Indiana Fever x2 i dont understand this line as i made it 9...i will have to do some more looking and may add more to this. Minnesota @ 22-6 and continues to play well with a nine-game winning streak. They are also 8-1 ATS during the impressive stretch.

607 Atlanta Dream* +9 -130 vs Phoenix Mercury x1 ...I will admit the Atlanta Dream are not as good on the rd but I dont believe that they are nine pts worse than Phoenix. Both of these are 1st place team so there should not be this much spread imo. Phoenix continues to be the gold standard in the WNBA, but they haven't been as much of a sure thing against the spread lately. After going 11-0 ATS from July 2-29, they have failed to cover back-to-back games for the first time since June 27-29. Im going to try this play but its not a hi recommendation .I like the fact that Atl gets their coach back tonite and I think they will be up for this game

605 Chicago Sky* -2 -110 vs Connecticut Sun x1
605 Chicago Sky/Connecticut Sun* Over x1...
Chicago has their star back now has won back-to-back games, and four of the past six overall after a six-game slide from July 2-17 while covering four of the past six.Small # here to cover

977 Los Angeles Angels* +230 vs Los Angeles Dodgers x1
977 Los Angeles Angels* +2½ -175 vs Los Angeles Dodgers x3
977 Los Angeles Angels/Los Angeles Dodgers* Under 7 -160 x1 ...I cant turn this offer down because Angels have won four of last five Santiago starts and are very capable of winning this game against Kershaw. This should be another low scoring game so the LAA RL is also a play

like that angels ml,, also looking to pair it up for a parlay .. thoughts?

damn, its not often that I have this much trouble with such a large slate of games...not sure if its the matchups or my old age but I will have to look deep into these games to find something that I think is worth playing

that being said. I dont believe that the Braves deserve this much of a dog rating with Sea. Atlanta lost its last six games, all on the road. Mariners lost five of their last six home games. both teams having trouble with O. of course Hernandez is 8-2, 1.75 in his last fifteen starts but still to much spread for me to pass up
979 Atlanta Braves* +174 vs Seattle Mariners x1
979 Atlanta Braves* +2½ -245 vs Seattle Mariners x1
979 Atlanta Braves/Seattle Mariners* Under 7 -190 x2

totally agree. had to whittle down my leans because i got scared when every dog was barking at me.

mostly ''feeling'' in these plays

971 San Diego Padres/Minnesota Twins* Under 7½ -115 x1
972 Minnesota Twins* -118 vs San Diego Padres x half ...

974 St. Louis Cardinals* -148 vs Boston Red Sox x1

967 Houston Astros* -107 vs Philadelphia Phillies x half

966 Oakland Athletics* -126 vs Tampa Bay Rays x1

964 Chicago White Sox* -120 vs Texas Rangers x1
964 Chicago White Sox* -1 +116 vs Texas Rangers x1

959 Detroit Tigers* -124 vs New York Yankees x2
959 Detroit Tigers* -1 -101 vs New York Yankees x2 ... one of the few games that I really like today but not really in love with it though. Price makes his highly anticipated debut for Detroit and he's been throwing the ball well on the road this season, going 6-2 with a 2.74 ERA in 10 starts. Kuroda @ 7-7, 3.98 ERA has been hit hard his last two starts and has givenup seven runs on 17 hits over 12 2/3 innings. He's gone 4-3 with a 4.08 ERA at home. Detroit has one of the best road records in the major leagues going 31-21 so far this season but hasnt looked good the last half dozen or so but they get it turned around tonite backing Price up with some offense.

like that angels ml,, also looking to pair it up for a parlay .. thoughts?
Cashman...as tuff as this slate of games in for me to capp today I would be afraid to recommend a 2nd team
I like Detroit and I will probably use it as a key game in some parlays. Remember I play parlays differently than most. I dont try an make a killing with them but either to use them as insurance buying runs or try and just bring the juice down to an acceptable level. I think most parlay players have nothing but big $$ signs in front of them and sometimes lose track of of the consistency that I think good cappers should have. For example, one of may parlays will have Det + 2.5 and Angels +2.5 imo this is a safe play. Not saying not to play standard parlays, just suggesting taking out some insurance along with them
....sorry, i got carried away with my thoughts.

GL CashMan :shake:

good morning blood I think you might be right about the angles but i'm worried about detroit being chalk on the road with the real bad pitching detroit has yeah price is good but he better go at least 8inn or detroit is in big trouble out of the pen with a ERA of 20.00 the man coke bol:beer4:

blood I think your 100 percent right what a card today I think if you take all the underdogs you make a mint gov mint bol my brother

Blood...thanks for the Round Robin thoughts yesterday. Wasn't even on my radar but turned out to be good call:shake:

blood I think your 100 percent right what a card today I think if you take all the underdogs you make a mint gov mint bol my brother

my friend, I hear what u say about the Tigs pen and cant disagree at all. I am depending on Price and what I read about the Tigs players all excited to have him there and I think maybe they will try hard to give him some support. I cant play the yanks even though I guess a good capper could make a case for them. My case for Detroit is the fact that Price owns a 10-5 record with a 3.66 ERA in 24 career appearances (23 starts) against NY, including a 6-2 mark at Yankee Stadium.Price has pitched at least seven frames in his last 13 games.. He is 1-1 in three starts against the Yankees this season after yielding an unearned run in seven innings at New York on July Kuroda is hoping to avoid a repeat of his second-half collapse of a year ago, when he staggered to a 1-7 mark in 10 starts over the final two months and if history repeats itself tonight will be no different! Kuroda is 0-1 with a 3.72 ERA in three starts versus Detroit and must be wary of Cabrera, who is 4-for-9 with a pair of homers against him. I still like Detroit to win by two or more

• I have looked at each of these games in depth and the favorites that I have already play is it. I have put a bunch of dogs with runs bought in to some RR parlays in twos with some negative payouts and I am used to that but Im a little gunshy to jump on to many straightup even though i stand by my initial statement about profit for the day. I know ur a big ''dog'' man and I hope u have a Big nite my friend

:Godfather:

Blood...thanks for the Round Robin thoughts yesterday. Wasn't even on my radar but turned out to be good call:shake:

good to hear Kid.
There will be plenty of chances down the stretch as some teams will have nothing to play for and more or less given up and that will push some of the lines out of site, especially if the favorites or in a tight races for div or playoffs

GL

BOL, Blood.
GL to U to as well az...right now I need some long winning runs to even get close to my goal and the runs just are not coming this season
And now I have college ball, my 1st love, coming up which takes a lot of time for home work and watching as many games as I can.
Thanks

:cheers:

I have an Over for the Nats game. Any thoughts on this one? Thanks
When I 1st looked at the Nats game I said Nats and Over. Then I looked deepper and found that Gonzalez is 6-2 with a 3.10 ERA in 10 career starts vs New York , holding them to a .195 opponents batting average! Now that # said no but Over 6 which is available is maybe a play since Wheeler who is 3-0 with a 1.63 ERA in his last six starts (Mets are 4-2) lacked command of the ball last outing. Could have just been a bad day or some underling problem The right-hander labored through 112 pitches over 6.2 innings Wednesday. I am not playing either and I wan until I see Tim show some interest because it is well doucmented that I can Not win with the Nat...side or total Sorry for the lack of enthusiasm here
GL Wise

Cash, Thanks pard. I look forward to that game...I think it will be interesting GL

TwinsFan, Thank U GL and GO TWINS

Wise, damn buddy, with absolutely no ''meat'' in that Rockies lineup with all of their injuries, unless there is a thirty mph wind blowing straight out I just cant play that over...but wwant touch that under either. But I do like the Cubbies a bit because of the above GL

I did take Nats over 6. I'd almost take that line every time. GL we're about 3 weeks away from college football.

Thanks to All for the well wishes my friends. We actually had a decent nite winning the larger plays and losing the smaller ones.
Wise, congrats on those overs, its evident I left some $$ on the table by being hardheaded but my ''feels'' along with a 'little' knowledge is what got me this far in capping so I cant change now. :)

Johnny, Wood yielded four runs -- one earned -- on five hits and four walks over six frames for the Braves and now my Brave have lost 7 straight.Simmons left in the fourth inning with a left ankle sprain and thats real bad. I not sure what I would do differently if I was managing this team but something needs to change.

kdo, Thanks for stopping by. Its nice to have u in here and I look forward to ur plays

Tim, Fondy the well wishes are appreciated

we went 8-6-1 + 5.16
on the nite in bases +76 ytd we sure need a long run to get out of this back and forth crap that we're stuck in. I will try hard to do better in this last weeks leading up to football

GL guys

almost looks like one could play every dog and have a profitable day imo

I made this statement yesterday. I was wrong!! If I had played every dog I would have gone [TABLE="class: data"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: datacell"]7-*8-*0
[/TD]
[TD] 46.67%
[/TD]
[TD] -*70
[/TD]
[TD]little ones ohwell

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Bloody, I think u were pretty accurate in your assessment. If I don't buy a run off, I tie the Nats game and hit the Rockies over in bottom of the 9th.You're input sheds more light on the type of play I'm looking at. It's when u like the play and I have the same play that Vegas should close their window OR At Least Circle the game. Lol

Back