Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yanks (Wang) -120

• A's (Eveland) +110

• Total voters

Fondybadger

CTG Partner
Blitz suggested this idea and I wanted to get member feedback and see how it worked.

Pick as many sides as you feel comfortable picking a winner for and lets see how we do...

some people will pick the whole board by just throwing darts - :seeya:

Blitz suggested this idea and I wanted to get member feedback and see how it worked.

Pick as many sides as you feel comfortable picking a winner for and lets see how we do...

I refuse to take credit for this until it's implemented the way I suggested... lmao.

wait.. nevermind how I suggested.. I suggested different threads for different plays, but baseball has too many damn plays going on for one day.. no wonder I don't mess with this sport.. hehe

i could understand asking - "what's your best (1) pick for today" ?

well, 10 different responses with 10 different "best picks of the day" won't help anyone...

I guess you can take the team that gets the most votes as the best pick of the day.

If everyone treats it as not picking everygame but basically what they are playing or have a strong feel for it cold work nicely.

I hope we get more than 1 to ASG :prayerb/c this is likely it for a while. Farm system is junk. People getting real old.

alright, I added it up with a few mistakes im sure

Not pretty

15/55 are above 0 units

-122.69 units
793-955-14

alright, I added it up with a few mistakes im sure

Not pretty

15/55 are above 0 units

-122.69 units
793-955-14
that's kind of what i was trying to say -
if everybody is just throwing a bunch of picks in here - what's the sense ?
but if everyone gives their best 1 - you can total up a majority maybe

im sure I messed up a few numbers because I did it quick, but thats what the numbers are around.

When I was running this contest on covers, I remember the numbers being 20/150 people were in the posotive, if you look at that, we are amazing

I think because its all in one thread, it makes it easy for everyone to just start voting every game...

if they were in different threads, I'm thinking people won't bother entering the ones they don't care for.. and just vote in the ones they are playing.. at least I think I would...

hell, I don't know anything about baseball, but even I want to go play in this one by just shooting darts.. lol...

another small little thing that irks me when I see them all in one thread is if you already know what you are playing and are not sure of some of the other games you might play, you either have to wait until you are set with all your plays or you can vote on what you have now and not vote on the plays you play later... since you can't go in and vote again once you officially vote... at least I don't think you can...

if they were in different threads, you can vote what you're playing as your moving along through the day.

Gurv - When I won the CTG baseball contest last May and June, the records were staggering. A lot of people - the majority I believe - were in the positives and the forum was up more than 100 units. I'll hafta check exact figs but it was absolutely awesome.

Not looking like we will see 60% on a side today

I was thinking along the lines of the Rangers being 87.5%, Rays being 57%, Yanks being 90%... Not based on the total number of votes.

<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt1" width="50%">Rangers (Millwood) +105 </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%">
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
</td> <td class="alt1" title="Votes" align="center">7</td> <td class="alt2" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">30.43%</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1" width="50%"> Royals (Meche) -115 </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%">
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
</td> <td class="alt1" title="Votes" align="center">1</td> <td class="alt2" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">4.35%</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1" width="50%"> Rays (Shields) +105 </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%">
bar4-l.gif
bar4.gif
bar4-r.gif
</td> <td class="alt1" title="Votes" align="center">8</td> <td class="alt2" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">34.78%</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1" width="50%"> Angels (Weaver) -115 </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%">
bar5-l.gif
bar5.gif
bar5-r.gif
</td> <td class="alt1" title="Votes" align="center">6</td> <td class="alt2" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">26.09%</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1" width="50%"> Yanks (Wang) -120 </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%">
bar6-l.gif
bar6.gif
bar6-r.gif
</td> <td class="alt1" title="Votes" align="center">9</td> <td class="alt2" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">39.13%</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1" width="50%"> A's (Eveland) +110 </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%">
bar1-l.gif
bar1.gif
bar1-r.gif
</td> <td class="alt1" title="Votes" align="center">1</td> <td class="alt2" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">4.35%</td></tr></tbody></table>

LOL Blitz. Looks like I'm the only person in here on Oakland. Something ain't right with Wang. When he ups his walks like he has lately, those ground balls suddenly start finding holes.

i voted Redding and the Nats and the ChiSox, but the only one i'm going to bet is the TB-LAA Under

LOL Blitz. Looks like I'm the only person in here on Oakland. Something ain't right with Wang. When he ups his walks like he has lately, those ground balls suddenly start finding holes.

Youre not alone!

I hate to talk other site but KOAJ is on them too.

He's a good dude though and knows his bases.... and im sure you know he's a yanks fan. So you probably have a good case with oak.

And I love this idea, btw.
It might need to be tweaked a little to limiting each person to 2 or 3 plays, but its an awesome idea. Saw blitz do it for the WNBA game tonight too...

:shake:

Never had a problem with KOAJ. Not too much interaction with him in the past but it was always pleasant. Hope he's right about this one...

Gurv - When I won the CTG baseball contest last May and June, the records were staggering. A lot of people - the majority I believe - were in the positives and the forum was up more than 100 units. I'll hafta check exact figs but it was absolutely awesome.

Weell thats what it is now, and its not like its even close to being good, as a forum collectively, we probably dont want to all chase each other.

Of course there a few problems

1. Not everyone participates, SportsNut, who provides a lot of insight around here, he doesnt.

2. Some people arent good at picking just 2 games a day. Some people do good overall, and ahve a great season but they suck with just those 2 games. I obviously dont want to sit there and count up what everyone is playing

3. Some people might pick at random, this is because the contest is free, we didnt put any money into it, and all you get is a T-shirt if you win after a 6 month long process. If we all put in 20 bucks or something, it would be a whole diffrent thing ( I dont want to do this but hypothetically). A great example of how money changes things is when I played basketball we used to fuck around 5 on 5. But after maybe a 5-4 game we all gave up and coulndt give a fuck. Then we all decide to bet a dollar and its the hardest basketball game you ever play in your life

4. Some people just forget to post, or they are doing so poorly in the contest they kind of throw in the towel as if there reputation maybe at stake

Thats just how I look at it

I'm going to lock down the polls and say that CTG results are:

Mets -145
Phillies -110
Astro's -150
Rockies -175
Red Sox -210
Blue Jays -175
Indians -170
Rangers +105
Yankee -120

Surprised there was even 1 dog on the list