Tuesday thoughts and plays

SF_capper

CTG addict
First on the Warriors game

hmmm a 2 game chase on GS would probably be best. Considering NY has been cold and Thomas is fighting for his job. Although I don't believe NY's mentally strong enough, I think the thug in them will respond to challenges (not bumps, but ego/money challenges). I'd recommend playin GS for say 1 unit, and if it loses go 2 units on them gainst Boston. I can't say for sure where our heads are at (after all, I am just a fan), but there's a possibility they look ahead to Boston. Jackson is a huge talent for our team as he brings out the emotion and drive in the team sometimes. However, he's a bit cocky, and might be convinced, and convince others, that to really make a statement to the league, they better beat Boston. The matchups are not horrible, Al Harrington/Stephen Jackson on KG (sounds crazy, but they get the job done. look at how they shut out Bosh late (despite his struggles against everyone). I would go into the individual matchups position by position more, but I have a feeling Nellie mixes it up to try to make Boston adjust. Maybe something like Monta, Baron, Azubuike, SJax, and Al Harrington. It would probably be to take Kendrick Perkins out and bring I'm guessing Posey? so Monta-Rondo, Buike-Ray, Baron-Pierce, Jax-Posey, Al-KG. sounds crazy, and this is completely my guessing, but I can see it happening.
Also, Boston all yr has been susceptible to slow starts, the opposite for GS. GS has always been a team to come out blazing, bring in a comfusing defense to try to get steals and get running early. The wins bring a little confidence back to the warriors and make em actually try harder (including Nelson- who can outcoach Doc with his eyes closed and should be trying to come up with something to make Doc make early adjustments)

However, we don't know how Boston will repspond to a loss. KG fired up-- eek. also, warriors D tends to leave many shooters just wide open, and we hope the running just fores some short shots, but with ray, pierce, posey, house, scal. Those shots just might fall.

again I'll probably be on some kind of chase for the warriors the next 2 days. The reason I don't love GS too much in NY is
1) we suck as road chalk
2) I think we're kinda public w jax back and off 2 wins
3) NY fighting for their jobs
4) when a team is fighting for something, they typically come out hard. If the Knicks get the first punch "sort of speak" and can get outrebounding us, ZBO and Curry outsizing us, then we might be in trouble
5) look-ahead factor

overall don't know how knicks will react after all the drama. For the total, can't really say the over looks bad. GS running, got the offense flowing, NY bigs can posterize our insides. However, to hit 220, both teams need to be motivated to win and again don't know if warriors come out flat in lookahead or how NY will react

shit hella typing, but need a break from midterm studies...

for the other games, Denver line came out suprisingly lower than I thought. Can't really put my finger on why, seems kinda too easy. try not to overthink, Denver should win by 10

in the other thread I mentioned I leaned Atlanta as they've beaten Dallas and Phoenix at home. Don't know how, but here's a nice opportunity to take out the 3rd. ATL off a loss, San Antonio maybe look ahead to Orlando.

wednesday, gonna go pretty big on Houston.. with or without Tmac

Also, Boston all yr has been susceptible to slow starts, the opposite for GS. GS has always been a team to come out blazing, bring in a comfusing defense to try to get steals and get running early.

these are boston's 1st halves with +/- pts at halftime in each of their games this year. to say they have been slow starters is wholly incorrect IMO:

wiz +22
@ tor +7
den +39
hawks +14
@ nj +7
@ indy +9
nj +2
mia +6
@ orl -17

these are the warriors:

utah -11
@ lac even
@ utah -19
cle even
dal +4
det +13
clips +9
@ tor -3

lots of inconsistency there as expected from the Warriors. i agree that is what GS tries to do to start a game, but that doesn't mean the execution is always there as evidenced by their wide disparity of short term results in 1h's this year.

eek. also, warriors D tends to leave many shooters just wide open, and we hope the running just fores some short shots, but with ray, pierce, posey, house, scal. Those shots just might fall.

because the swings on the warriors are pathetic with defensive off the ball movement (sans sjax + slightly barnes), any team with capable shooters who move well w/o the ball will find beautiful looks against GS over and over and over and over again (ny's guards more ball dominate should be beneficial to GS tomorrow)

don't know if warriors come out flat in lookahead or how NY will react

shit hella typing, but need a break from midterm studies...

if they come out flat, wont be b/c of a lookahead IMO, they obv. know this is the more winnable game with zeke on his toes waiting for starbury to rat him out and with the simple fact of common sense (talent btw bos/ny)

if they come out too strong, i'd be worried about a NY comeback with the general makeup of this warriors team, but im expecting that to be different with sjax, but not sure if that is more of short term thing (including last year's run to the playoffs and subsequent playoff run) if that last comments makes any sense at all

thanks for the thread, made me think about a few things i had pushed aside

for the other games, Denver line came out suprisingly lower than I thought. Can't really put my finger on why, seems kinda too easy. try not to overthink, Denver should win by 10

maybe it's just a biased perception on my part, but to me the bulls are the grinding, hard working type of team that can take advantage of the nuggets free style, gambling style of defense. that said, the injury to deng makes it awfully hard to take the dog here. i would be more comfortable with a denver 2nd half play than a denver full game bet here, but not a game i want to play as i slightly lean denver and will not lay that number.

in the other thread I mentioned I leaned Atlanta as they've beaten Dallas and Phoenix at home. Don't know how, but here's a nice opportunity to take out the 3rd. ATL off a loss, San Antonio maybe look ahead to Orlando.

beat phoenix, because you always have a chance against a team that doesn't play defense. beat dallas, emotional lift from home crowd big factor there.

beating SAS? not sure about that. # makes it hard to take a pos.

yea, I was just typin outta control when I said Jackson on Posey, but I meant in general I expect the warriors to force Doc into lineup changes that he hasn't had to do this yr

didn't really check the 1st H thing, it was kinda off the top of my head. good to see the true numbers

also, just remembered. I really hope the warriors don't stick into their trash zone too much against Boston. Garnett could tear that apart with his passing abilities..

Excellent writeup. You know your team that's for sure. About the over, I don't think both teams have to be in it, look at Memphis and Sonics last night, that one never looked like going under and it was set at 218.5.

What you need is 4 equally high scoring quarters, as you can't compensate for a 24-19 type of quarter with this total. Or you can, but very rarely. So one shooting hole for one or both teams, and the over is in jeopardy. As for lower margins, you can always hope to compensate for it somehow.

I'm still not sure of the sides here. NY surely is in trouble right now and GSW could use their small momentum to keep things going, but you know what you get with GSW. A team that can score a ton, but as Xpression said, their intensity in the D is questionable, too many wide open men, basically trying to create fastbreaks soon when in possession. Well I still have to look at it more closely, you do have a shot at winning but whether this is a play for me, we'll see.

Thanks for your insight. :shake: GL tonight. :cheers:

fuck just woke up. Just gonna play dogs for now for same size. I like em all, should cash. will wait for HT Bets

Milwaukee +6- 2 units
Philadelphia +5- 2 units (+100)
Indiana +2- 2 units (+100)
Atlanta +6- 2 units

all pretty reasonable

waukee been playin pretty tight, and fading Cleveland can't be wrong

Philly should have a bit of momentum and confidence riding into this game. also no agent 0

Indiana as I've said before can be really good

Atlanta has been monster killers at home. SA mini lookahead

and all the linemovements have been pretty to see

Milwaukee +6- 2 units win
Philadelphia +5- 2 units (+100) lose
Indiana +2- 2 units (+100) lose
Atlanta +6- 2 units lose
NYK +2 (+100)- 2 units lose
<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Toronto +8.5- 2 units
Indiana 2nd H (-120) -2- 4 units lose
Chicago +9 (+100)- 2 units