TuesDay Pucks

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
Opening nite pucks. Hope all have a very good season.
Rember, the NHL continues to instill new rules and changes in an attempt to produce more goals. More goals mean more excitement, which turns into more U.S. fans, which turns into more money. It’s always about money.
The shallower nets.As the new frame doesn't jut out so much, the path from post to post from behind the net will be shorter. There's another difference that could alter scoring, too. The corners where the goalposts meet the crossbar are significantly closer to being a 90-degree angle now than with the previous goal, which had more a curve than an abrupt angle. It is not a huge change. The goal-mouth opening, as measured from the inside of the pipes, remains the same: 6 feet wide by 4 feet high, or 24 square feet. But the new shape is certainly more rectangular than before, and it will be interesting to see what happens to pucks that used to ring off the corners of the old nets. Perhaps now they ring the pipe and score, or at least carom into the slot rather than up and out of play. Considering how many goals are scored off scrambles and rebounds instead of clean shots or fancy set-ups, it will make a difference. These subtle changes could make a big difference for the best players in the world. It’s also likely to make a difference in those wraparound attempts, whereas the goaltender used to get his leg across just in time to cover the other post. Some of those will find the back of the net now.
The average goals per game last season were 5.3 goals and that’s why almost every total is 5½. However, the oddsmakers have not made the adjustment. I am sure I will be on more Over as the team get in playing shape and they start to jell but I lean Unders to begin the season
Until I see a couple of wks of pucks, 'most' all plays will be for a half or less

Tuesday Nite
Montreal Canadiens* -1 +149 vs Toronto Maple Leafs
Risking .25 To Win .373
Montreal Canadiens* -120 vs Toronto Maple Leafs
Risking .30 To Win .25
Toronto Maple Leafs/Montreal Canadiens* Under 6 -150
Risking .375 To Win .250
The Habs didn’t lose much in the offseason and gained a veteran leader in Danny Briere, not to mention some much-needed toughness in the form of Parros and Murray. Having P.K. Subban from Day 1 should help their cause in the wake of last year’s holdout.Montreal will already be in game shape when the puck drops tonight. The Habs are loaded with speed plus talent and one of the premier goaltenders in the league. When he’s on his game, no goaltender is better than C Price. The Canadiens boast a superstar defenseman in Subban and Markov is one of the best in the game when he’s healthy and this season he at least starts off healthy. Montreal's line combinations are hardly set in stone but Therrien has the makings of a dangerous top-six group. Lastly, and it may not mean nothing but it is worth noting that Carlyle has a .375 winning percentage on opening night while Therrien has a .667 winning mark. I see no one agree as the line opened @ -35 and now down to -20
back in a bit to play the rest...if I dont capp them, I want play them and I need to play as many as I can to get back in shape :)

Thanks hugh, I look forward to another winning season with U my friend

up roughly 87 U on the last season(I quit keeping precise records toward the playoffs and started rounding off)

Chicago Blackhawks* -170 vs Washington Capitals
Risking .425 To Win .25
Washington Capitals/Chicago Blackhawks* Under 6 -170
Risking .425 To Win .25
Chicago Blackhawks (1st 10 min)* -½ -105 vs Washington Capitals (1st 60 min)
Risking .263 To Win .25
I know there will be a lot of cappers on Wash tonite but I cant go against the HAwks on opening nite at home with one of the best teams in the sport You would be hard-pressed to find a more talented team from top to bottom. I have no doubt that Wash will be a better team than last and I am sure I will back them many time...but not tonite

Edmonton Oilers* -1 +126 vs Winnipeg Jets
Risking .50 To Win .63
Edmonton Oilers* -140 vs Winnipeg Jets
Risking .70 To Win .50
Winnipeg Jets/Edmonton Oilers* Over 5 -195
Risking .975 To Win .50
Winnipeg Jets (1st 60 min)* +½ -137 vs Edmonton Oilers (1st 60 min)
Risking .685 To Win .50
Oilers have been rebuilding for awhile and I think this is the yr for them.Jets gave up a conference high of 27 goals in preseason while the Oilers scored the most goals in preseason.

I have Wash. Pure fade of defending champ getting ring vs. a team with a full training camp that came on toward last year.

Dollaz Jimmy, Coach Thanks guys Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. I hope we all have a Big yr GL

and I'm tailing hugh and bum on this one

Toronto Maple Leafs/Montreal Canadiens* Over 1½ -105 for 1st Period x quarter

Back