Tuesday Plays

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
YTD 76-52 (27.22 Units) 59.4%
Yesterday 3-1 2.07 Units

What a sweet Monday. This whole gambling thing takes alot of patience and sometimes that patience is rewarded beautifully. After a 2-6 weekend things turned around on Monday. First off I forgot to play the Bucks ML to hedge out of my Nuggets bet. Couldn't have worked out any better. Doesn't do anything for my record here either way, but it makes the wallet a bit fatter. Second, I couldn't have played the OSU/Florida game any better. Cashed a couple of lucrative props that all hit as I was on Florida from all angles. Don't want anybody confused that I'm good at CFB though. I don't know shit about who's who. Just got lucky. Turned into a 7-1 day with a ML/over parlay in the "National Championship" game.

Anyways on to another NBA card. At some point I'd like to take a couple days off to re-energize, but I doubt it'll happen. I need the All-Star break more than the players at this point.

Cavs/Kings Under 196 (-106) Recent sucess for the Cavs playing D and recent failures of the Kings not playing D. That's this game in a nutshell. Kings has a bit of a honeymoon there with Artest and Bibby "making up". Somewhere along the line they forgot they have to play some D to get some wins as well. After a couple of days to practice and get ready for a rematch with the T-Blazers I think they'll play to the Cavs' tempo and hopefully play some D. On the Cavs side they have been sucessful this year by playing D. I really tink this roadie is a big one for them and defense will be their first commitment. If you play the over in this do yourself a favor and sell as many points as you can. In the Cavs last 6 road totals not one of them has been within 11 points of the listed total. Either extremely high or low.

My thoughts on the Jazz/Mavs game from a Jazz fan perspective. I can respect anybody's decision to lay the 2 points and take the Mavs here off of a loss, but I have my doubts. The Jazz have beat the Spurs, Mavs, Suns, Pistons, Rockets, and Lakers at home. They're 14-2 at home against some quality opponents. It's not like they've padded that record with the Hornets and Wade-less Heat of the NBA. I don't see a logical reason why you'd want to lay points against a home team with that record. Sure the Jazz have been struggling a bit lately, but most of that is due to a lack of focus due to being so young. They'll be up for this game in what should be a playoff atmoshpere. Do the Mavs have enough in the tank after battles against the Lakers and Spurs to pull out a tough win here? I don't know, but I do know there are like 1200 other games in the NBA where you could probably find better value. Just my .02.

Lots of really tight lines out there right now. Killa noted that lines that would normally be 5.5 or 6 (Memphis, Cavs) are extremely tight for road doggies right now. Not sure if it has to do with the time of year or better information for all involed, but either way shit is tight. Having some sucess playing team totals and 1st half/2nd half totals. May have to stick with those until more opportunites present themselves. And as always I'll have more later as Team Totals and 1st Half lines come out.

great thread..congrats on Monday..

Take some days off..helps in long run bro..trust me

B.A.R. said:
great thread..congrats on Monday..

Take some days off..helps in long run bro..trust me

Thanks man. I can certainly see where rest might be helpful here in the near future.

Thanks fellas.

Hawks/Pacers 1st Half Under 92 (-108) The Hawks are playing some pathetic offensive basketball these days and it's particularly ugly in the first half. 39.2 ppg last 5 including 42 against the Clipps, and 46 against the Raptors as well as hitting 42.5 ppg on the road for the year. I'm banking on the Pacers playing a little better D than the Raptors. If the Pacers hold the Hawks to 42 this should be an easy winner as I don't really see Pacers running away with this game by an accounts.

good luck jp, wrote u a reply earlier in here, but i guess it didn't post
(which happens alot to me here, lol) I was actually looking for a gooden prop in that game, but couldn't find one at one of my outs

GL JPicks, agree with your under 1H, played the team total on the Hawks myself. Good info for the Cavs/Kings under.

xpression syst_m said:
good luck jp, wrote u a reply earlier in here, but i guess it didn't post
(which happens alot to me here, lol) I was actually looking for a gooden prop in that game, but couldn't find one at one of my outs

Started doing a little Gooden research myself. Don't know if you have Pinny or not, but if you do....

Gooden O23 Points+Boards (-108) Gooden has DD boards in 4 of 5. The Kings inside guys are all extremely foul prone as shown by Radolph's 15 ft attempts against the Kings in a recent matchup. So if Gooden can get 8+ boards combined with about 5+ free throws made then he'll only need 5 buckets to hit the #. With the lack of real denfenders insider plus Artest most likely covering James I'll take my chances that the Cavs game plan is to get the ball inside to Gooden and the Big Z. I'll take Gooden since he has had the hot hand recently and he'll be guarded by Shareef and Maurice Taylor.

Personal Recap:

2-2 -.08 units. 25 points in the last 2:58 ruined me in Sacramento. Shit happens.

JPicks said:
Started doing a little Gooden research myself. Don't know if you have Pinny or not, but if you do....

Gooden O23 Points+Boards (-108) Gooden has DD boards in 4 of 5. The Kings inside guys are all extremely foul prone as shown by Radolph's 15 ft attempts against the Kings in a recent matchup. So if Gooden can get 8+ boards combined with about 5+ free throws made then he'll only need 5 buckets to hit the #. With the lack of real denfenders insider plus Artest most likely covering James I'll take my chances that the Cavs game plan is to get the ball inside to Gooden and the Big Z. I'll take Gooden since he has had the hot hand recently and he'll be guarded by Shareef and Maurice Taylor.

nice one jp, pinny didn't have the prop option when I went through and did my NBA bets and wasnt around to see this. damn, pretty much good to take any player prop with any athletic 4 or 5 against this queens frontline. good catch :cheers:

xpression syst_m said:
nice one jp, pinny didn't have the prop option when I went through and did my NBA bets and wasnt around to see this. damn, pretty much good to take any player prop with any athletic 4 or 5 against this queens frontline. good catch :cheers:

Yep. No dobut. Glad you brought it to my attention, inadvertenly or not. You posting any plays these days?

Back