Tue 1/6 Colorado Avalanche +120 OVER 5.5 +115
05:05 PM Nashville Predators -130 UNDER 5.5 -125

Tue 1/6 Chicago Blackhawks -125 OVER 5.5 -115
06:05 PM Phoenix Coyotes +115 UNDER 5.5 +105

Tue 1/6 Los Angeles Kings +140 OVER 5 -125
07:05 PM Anaheim Ducks -150 UNDER 5 +115

Tue 1/6 San Jose Sharks -135 OVER 5.5 +110
07:05 PM Calgary Flames +125 UNDER 5.5 -120

I know its a lot of juice but I dont see how Detroit can lose tomorrow. Columbus is banged up, Huselius is now hurt.

Since I've had a LOT of time left today, I'll write some of my thoughts and observations for each game...

Minnesota @ Boston -215
I love to fade teams who've just ended their long streak, especially if this streak was a winning streak. Boston so far played only one game on 2 days rest and this was at the start of the season, @ Ottawa where they won 4-2 while coming off a 3-4 shootout loss @ Montreal. Minnesota on the other hand played some solid games going on 1 day rest (12-8 overall record). As for results from past seasons, Minnesota is 7-1 vs Boston in their last 8 meetings and 4-0 @ Boston. Considering Minnesota +1.5 @ -160

Ottawa @ Buffalo -201
Buffalo coming off a huge win @ Boston and is in a revenge spot here considering Ottawa won in their first meeting this season, 5-2 @ Buffalo. Sens have been struggling lately, going 3-7 over their L10 games and only 1-6 on road over the last 7. However, Ottawa have good record vs Buffalo, going 7-3 in their L10 meetings and taking 5 from 6 games here @ Buffalo. They just seem to play their best hockey when facing the Sabres. I like the fact that this will be their 7th game on a 8-game road trip (they're so far 1-5 on this trip) and that they're coming off a well-fought game @ NJ. Considering Ottawa +1.5 @ -166

Philadelphia @ Washington -145
A bit strange line if you ask me, red-hot Caps getting only -145 at home vs struggling Flyers? Hmmm... is it because of their past results (PHI won 6 in their last 10 meetings and are 3-2 here in Washington) or 'cause of the fact that Philadelphia destroyed them at home in their first meeting this season, 7-1? The secret about this latest meeting is that Niittymaki had a career day in goal, considering Caps outshot Flyers 48-28 but still lost like that. Just as players said, if there wasn't for Antero, the Caps could have easily scored something like 6 goals just in 1st period (!) Back to present game. Both teams usually play very strong games going on 2 days rest (PHI 7-2 and 3-0 off a loss, WAS 6-3 and 4-0 off a win) but Caps have been playing awesome hockey lately, going 9-1 over last 10 and being unbeaten at home for a while now while the Flyers have been struggling on the road, going 2-5 over their last 7 games, averaging only 2.00 goals for. Considering Washington -1.5 -192

New Jersey @ Carolina -125
I was glad to see Carolina being favored here. Both teams have 7 wins over their last 10 games and are riding winning streaks. Devils are 3-1 in their last 4 road games, averaging 3.75 goals for while Hurricanes are 4-1 in their last 5 home games, but averaging only 2.40 goals for. However, Devils have been especially strong going on 1 day rest, posting a 9-5 overall record and 7-4 coming off a win. Thinking New Jersey ML @ +115

Florida @ Toronto -125
Similar to just mentioned game @ Carolina, I like the fact that Toronto is the favored team here. They will go on 2 days rest, definitely their worst possible situation since they're only 1-5 in this spot and 1-2 off a win. Interesting but this will be the last game on a 4-game road trip for Florida (1-2 so far) and at the same time the last game on a 4-game homestand for Toronto (2-1 so far). I like Florida ML here @ +115

Atlanta @ Pittsburgh -220
Too early to tell, will wait for tomorrow.

Columbus @ Detroit -275
Probably a no side play for me here, will consider playing the Under 5.5 but only if Mason starts for Columbus. LeClaire started in their only game vs Red Wings this season, losing 3-5 @ Detroit.

Colorado @ Nashville -130
This will be the 3rd game on a 5-game homestand for Nashville and I like the fact that they're so far 0-2 on it, because I can easily imagine this game being their turning point. They're 3-1 on 2 days rest and coming off a loss and have won 3 from their last 5 home games. Colorado have been struggling to score runs on road lately (only 1.60 goals for over the last 5 road games). Considering Nashville ML @ -130 or maybe even -0.5 since there weren't any OT/SO games in teams last 10 meetings (!)

Chicago -125 @ Phoenix
I'm thinking Chicago rolls here. The last time they've played vs Phoenix, Coyotes got outplayed, outscored and outhit. They couldn't done anything. Furthermore, Chicago is 7-3 vs Phoenix in their last 10 meetings and 3-1 @ Phoenix (1-3 ATS though). Therefore, I'm considering Chicago ML @ -125

Los Angeles @ Anaheim -150
Anaheim had one of the best team efforts of the season in their latest home win on Sunday and Hiller had another shutout. Since both teams have had similar results lately, I was expecting the line on Anaheim more like -125 to -130. But since it's been this high, I think Vegas knows something here and believes they're going to win here, just like me. Therefore, I'm liking home team @ -150 or maybe even on -0.5

San Jose -135 @ Calgary
In teams first meeting this season (and only so far), Sharks outshot the Flames 46-24, winning 6-1. Obviously, they were the ones controlling the game while they had plenty of scoring opportunities and capitalized on most of them, as it can be seen from the final score. Considering the Sharks haven't actually played so great lately (6-4 over L10 games and 2-4 in their last 6 road games, averaging only 1.83 goals for) while Calgary have been playing very good hockey, winning 7 of their last 10 games and 4 from 6 at home, and the lines have been set in Sharks favor, I believe Vegas is thinking Sharks should win here. I can do nothing else but agree with them, especially knowing SJ have played one of their better games going on 2 days rest (6-1 overall and 5-1 off a win). Expecting a low scoring game, though (anything from 2-1 to 3-2). Also important to know is the fact that another meeting between teams is already on 15.01 @ San Jose. Definitely considering San Jose ML @ -135

Well, that's all for now. Will wait for tomorrow night before making any plays, because a lot can change if I see some strange line movements while also, I want to wait for goalies confirmations.

Cheers!

:cheers:

Ottawa could be interesting, they always seems to give Buffalo a good fight in Buffalo, plus Buffalo 2-3 on 2 days off this year. Ottawa deserved a better fate in New Jersey, the ref decided to give the home team a boost...Too much of that shit going on if you ask me.

I know its a lot of juice but I dont see how Detroit can lose tomorrow. Columbus is banged up, Huselius is now hurt.

Thinking the same but I don't see any value in playing them at ML. Puck line could be a problem if Mason starts, my gut's telling me this may be one of those close games which could be decided by an empty-netter...

I agree with you on Anaheim Unicorn. I had it penciled in to be a possible play. And usually Anaheim kicks in another gear after xmas.

the problem with anaheim is they are without perry (suspension) and selanne. #2 and #3 respectively in points. the goalie for la has been on fire too - .079 goals l5 after getting torched by the red wings for 5 goals

Considering the Sharks haven't actually played so great lately (6-4 over L10 games and 2-4 in their last 6 road games, averaging only 1.83 goals for) while Calgary have been playing very good hockey, winning 7 of their last 10 games and 4 from 6 at home, and the lines have been set in Sharks favor, I believe Vegas is thinking Sharks should win here.

I disagree with your logic. When a team easily leads it's conference with just 4 regulation losses in 38 games, then no matter what their form they're going to be priced prohibitively unless their opponent matches their own status perceptually (a la playing at Detroit, where the home team's aura at minimum easily matches that of any other team). Calgary doesnt carry that aura even thou they're 3rd in the Western standings, so they're undervalued in the face of this Shark's juggernaut.

Sometimes you can tell a winner is being telegraphed by the nature of the odds that have been set, but not always. A lot of the time the exceptions involve teams with insane form on the board, which SJ is clearly one of those teams.

@ BC1984 - thank you for your time and comment

Obviously, my personal perception of Calgary/Chicago/Washington/Boston/Montreal in their home games is very similar to my personal perception of Detroit when they're playing at home so therefore my assumptions about the lines. Also, although I have to agree with what you've said up to some point, I'm still thinking the lines set-up was a bit strange considering in overall, the Sharks on the road haven't been so perfect after all (10-4-3 vs 19-0-2 prior to this game @ CAL).

In the end, who would say Nabokov would have such a bad day (only 14 saves out of 18) or Calgary actually being so strong and dominant at home as they should...

@ Capt.Slap - too bad I've passed on that game, and took other options

:cheers:

Back