----Tuesday NCAAF----

broadwayjoe

May 5Dimes MLB 2nd place
sides: 66-54 +7.00
totals: 0-0 0.00
ml dogs: 11-17 +11.45
big plays: 13-9 +9.45
ytd: +27.90

*****BIG PLAY - W Michigan +3***** (rare 5 unit play)

GL

SF, this one almost has to go under in order for my play to hit...i like it; sounds weird but bad weather usually scares me off of unders because of all the short fields it can lead to, c michigan's defense scares me, and this of course has a chance to be a close game so OT could screw it up for the under...those things kind of scared me off but i do like it...gl to ya

ETG, who knows man, could turn out 55-10 hahaha.

i've been riding w michigan a lot this year, and have lost a couple that i thought they "coulda would shoulda won", but i still think the talent is there. they have what i consider to be the vastly superior defense here and the better running game. a great home dog with winning 8 out of the last 11 home games including something like 7 or 8 straight at home against CMU. they've lost by more than 4 points once to cmu in the last 10 meetings only once, and it was last year...revenge is a bitch. you have a w michigan team that a play here and a play there could have had a better year, and the opposite for CMU, who has an attrocious defense i'd never feel confident about backing on the road. as far as breakdowns of the two teams and their strengths/weaknesses, i've written a lot about these two teams in previous weeks, and i believe now we have a classic example of overvalued vs undervalued teams here, as i believe this line would be -3 or -3.5 if the game were played week 1. not much time and i gotta run, but i hope that helps a little bit. my only other 5 unit play this year was bills +10 vs the cowboys. it will most likely be my last at least until post-season, and by the way i got (+105) on the juice. to sum things up, better defense, better run game at home in an emotional rivalry game in which i think the teams are just about equal ...and you're going to give me points and juice?? thank you.

Broadway Joe -

Does it not concern you that Western Michigan has nothing left to play for this year? It's not like a win here is going to give them anything but bragging rights. CMU wins here and they clinch the division. Don't see how you can take WMU here.

Ramble: From what I understand, it is like Ohio St./Michigan with these two schools. It doesn't matter what the records are or what's at stake. It is a big, bitter rivalry that both teams seem to always get up for. There have been many, many more close games than there has been blow-outs.

Counselor:

Have you read about how the rivalry started? Yeah, me neither, because there isn't a reason. WMU's coach said, "Well, I guess someone said they didn't like us, and we said we don't like you either."

I don't give much credence to "rivalries" like these. I know it IS a rivalry, but with so much to play for Central or nothing has to be the play, doesn't it?

Gee, Ramble. I don't know? Maybe because they're in the same state? Just a guess.

Like you said, I don't need a reason as to why it started to know it's a rivalry. I ask again: Would it matter if Michigan was 3-6 and OSU was 5-4? NO! It would still be the biggest game played for both these programs/schools/coaches/alum, etc. Same scenario here with these two programs/schools/coaches/alu, etc. It is the biggest game in the MAC year in and year out. It just is.

"Right now nobody cares about our record, all we care about is beating Central and that will make the season complete", Bronco senior center Robbie Krutilla said. "We have had a huge intensity increase in practice and we are just ready to go."

ETG, who knows man, could turn out 55-10 hahaha.

i've been riding w michigan a lot this year, and have lost a couple that i thought they "coulda would shoulda won", but i still think the talent is there. they have what i consider to be the vastly superior defense here and the better running game. a great home dog with winning 8 out of the last 11 home games including something like 7 or 8 straight at home against CMU. they've lost by more than 4 points once to cmu in the last 10 meetings only once, and it was last year...revenge is a bitch. you have a w michigan team that a play here and a play there could have had a better year, and the opposite for CMU, who has an attrocious defense i'd never feel confident about backing on the road. as far as breakdowns of the two teams and their strengths/weaknesses, i've written a lot about these two teams in previous weeks, and i believe now we have a classic example of overvalued vs undervalued teams here, as i believe this line would be -3 or -3.5 if the game were played week 1. not much time and i gotta run, but i hope that helps a little bit. my only other 5 unit play this year was bills +10 vs the cowboys. it will most likely be my last at least until post-season, and by the way i got (+105) on the juice. to sum things up, better defense, better run game at home in an emotional rivalry game in which i think the teams are just about equal ...and you're going to give me points and juice?? thank you.

I don't know W. Mich much, but I have been on a few Chips games. Question - why do you think the Broncs have the better running game? Their offense starts and stops with Hiller, their QB. They're averaging 130 yards on the ground a game, for an average of 3.3 yards per rush. Chips on the other hand average 168 yards on the ground for an average of 4.7 yards per game. LeFevour will be more than happy to run it as well as to air it out. Granted, Chips defense blows, but the rain should help slow down Hiller as well.

With all that said, it'll probably be Broncs 56-6 just to make me look stupid, but I think I'm going Chips.

I'm not touching the total. I'm the lazy boy who came late and it's down to 60 at my book.

Yo ETG, tough break with Chelsea. We'll get 'em tomorrow. I lucked out and had the pk so I pushed on that draw.

broadwayjoe - I don't think you can take trends into account this time around. For one, Central Michigan hasn't had a QB as good as LeFevour in a long, long time. The kid can kill you with you legs, as well as his arm. He's completing close to 70% of his passes, averaging 250 yards throwing/game, and he's got 18 TDs to only 7 INTs. Oh yeah...he's also AVERAGING 6.1 ypc on the ground, and has 8 rush TDs on the season. People keep talking about this being a rivalry game, which it is. But so was last week's game for Western Michigan (lost to Eastern Michigan like 16-2, and EMU is a BAD football team).

I'm on CMU -2.5, and feeling very good about it.

haha Counselor, I got under 66.5 so I can live wit that score, I guess we can adjust it to 52-7.

Shakes - AHHHHHH, I knew I should of taken the PK!

Broadway - my bad for hijacking ur shit

tough push since i could have gotten 3.5 with some more patience, but i guess i can call myself lucky to get the push, then unlucky to not get the win. couple of questionable calls and that bobbled snap on the fg, but this game surely came down to coaching. unreal. it's not the first game he's cost his squad this year either. they could have gutted that run d all game with the run up the middle then played the deep pass off of that all while eating clock and limiting lefevour's possessions, and all they had to do on defense is put a spy on lefevour, and they had the athletes to keep up with their skill players. very frustrating to watch, and i know there's a lot of after the fact coaching things you can say all the time and 99.9% of the time it's just bullshit to critique coaching, but i honestly truly think i could have coached that game better. then he has the balls to chew out his qb. unbelievable. that was just as bad or worse than the akron safety debacle. there's my rant. a push was deserved, but still very frustrating. time to move on....

Back