Tuesday NBA

SF_capper

CTG addict
Atlanta at Toronto
Seems odd to say, but really just two teams going opposite directions. Yes Atlanta is fighting for their 1st rd HCA and Toronto is done, but from the standpoint of looking at these teams from what they’ve done in the past 2 weeks, Toronto is the better squad and is actually playing up to their potential. From the motivational side, hard to see how Toronto has an edge. Will they start resting Calderon/Bosh to watch the young talent? That would be my worry backing Toronto. However- a look at Atlanta lately: L at Cleveland, W vs Minny, L vs SA, L vs Boston, W vs LA (imo more of a shit performance by lA than great ATL performance), L @ Philly, L @ Boston, L vs Orlando: 1-5 ATS last 6. This is making me think their 7-0 run, 9-0 ATS right before that run was a fluke/product of their schedule more than anything. Maybe Marvin Williams is missed. Both of these teams feed off confidence and momentum, and right now Toronto has it. Their home loss on Sunday was more just NY hitting +50% from 3 in the backend of a home n home and doesn’t reflect too badly on Toronto imo. May get a small play on Toronto

Philly @ Charlotte
Need some help on this one. Philly shittin the bed at NJ showed me they do not care about the 5th seed. Weird, but seemingly true. JPicks made a great point and that is that looking at Phillys remaining schedule, they really cant expect to do well. Maybe after clinching the playoffs, they are satisfied and figured itd be too difficult to keep that 5th seed. On the other side, Charlotte with the Detroit loss is done for the season. Its hard for me to see this team handle this 0-3 run that has ended their season and gotta imagine they just fold soon if they havnt already. Both teams I do not see trying too hard. Unless I can get some quotes or something of the players showing that they truly want this game, I probably lay off

New Orleans @ Miami
New Orleans in the ol’ “wounded bear” spot ala: Handy. This is when you have a fave lose 2 straight SU as faves and are dogs next. It is essentially a buy low pick where lines gets overadjusted from recent struggles which is exactly the spot here. Both teams tying for position in playoffs. I like fading Miami off a win (15-23-2 ATS this yr, 4-9-1 off a DD W) and this should be a decent spot. The wounded bear spot for NOLA and Miami off a W make it a decent play for me. Not the greatest spot for Miami schedule wise either- mini road trip, home for a game, then off to Boston. Lots of days rest between makes the schedule part not a huge factor, but still one regardless. Also, I’m starting to think the DWill owns CP3 talk really pisses chris paul off. Last 2 years off a loss to Utah, New Orleans is 5-0. Only loss they had after Utah game was when they beat them last yr.

San Antonio @ OKC
writeup in discussion thread although things vastly change with Manu out for the season. Just a pass for me, and have to see the line

Portland @ Memphis
Memphis with real momentum and I’m frankly surprised it hasn’t happened earlier. This is a good young team with lots of talent. Their confidence should be up and probably do not forget the 20 pt loss that this same Portland team handed them just one week ago. Memphis probably will try hard to avoid its 4th loss to the same team in about a month. Portland should look past this Memphis team that they just owned to a game at San Antonio the next night- way bigger for them in terms of playoff positioning and setting themselves as part of the league’s elite. Gonna try to avoid getting heavily invested in Memphis full game, maybe go 1 1st H, 1 2nd Q, 1 full game. That sounds like that’ll work for me

Orlando @ Houston
I love this matchup for Houston. Houston should, similarly to last game, play smallish to matchup with Orlando here, and should do so very well imo. Yao on Dwight, Artest on Shard, Battier on Hedo, Wafer on Lee, Brooks on Alston. Probably a small play on Houston just for the matchups that I love. There should not be any worry about alston angered toward Houston because (correct me if I’m wrong,) but I do not think there was any malice in the trade. Brooks if anything should be trying to prove that Houston did not mess up by showing faith in him and making him the starter. Just a bet on who I think is the better team with the better matchup on a line that does not really reflect that

New York @ Chicago
Would love Chicago way more if NY games weren’t dominated by the dog: I believe the underdog is 18-2 in NY’s last 20 games. Chicago with the playoff motivation to do well here while NY really doesn’t have much to play for. Toronto, Chicago, NY in 4 days isn’t fun esp for the complacent group that is the Knicks, so I can see a stinker here for NY to prep for their home 4/5 vs Detroit. I had this one pegged for an extra large bet, and I’m trying to remember why. I guess its just a feel more than anything that NY will get completely blown out. Chicago has been superb at home and this one is big for playoff seedings.

LAL @ Sacramento
Probably no play for me. LA needs this game for HCA race, but they aren’t exactly playing their best ball, esp on the road. Small lean to the pts, but considering that I don’t see Sac winning, its kinda hard. Probably a pass for me

So far I got:
New Orleans +4 -105- 3 (probably add 1 on ML)
Houston +1 -107- 2
Memphis +7 -120- 1 (looking to add 1 1st H, 1 2nd Q)

note the amt I bet (will typically be from 2-6) They don't imply 6 "units" as I know that pisses some people off and a 'normal' bet for me is around 3. smaller feels-1. bigger feels-4/5. usually only bet 1 for like a ML dog or to distribute the bets. This makes it easier for me

Philly/Charlotte

I don't think that Philly plans on tanking the rest of the season and being happy about making the playoffs. The Jersey game was just a nightmare spot for them. With both of the Andre's playing the entire 2nd half the previous night and clinching it was impossible for them to get up for that game. Day off and now playing a dejected Charlotte team I think they're more than ready to grab another W. While I don't think they realistically have a shot at the 5 seed I also don't think they want to lose 7 in a row heading to the playoffs. Here @Charlotte and @Toronto seem to be the best chances for a W. Think with the Bobcats being hungover off the loss to Detroit it's a great spot. Will be on the Sixers ATS and ML.

Dont be surprised if Bosh and calderone slowly get shut down.

With the recent run, raps have an idea what their team is capable healthy. Most likely see more action from OBryant, Pops, Douby, and Joey G. All 4 are either on re-upped 10 day contracts or at the end of their rookie deals. BC needs to find out who is going to be with the team next year.

Bargs might be given the reigns as first option (he's been 3rd or 4th most of the year) to see how he would handle being the main guy if/when bosh gets traded in the off season.

Philly/Charlotte

I don't think that Philly plans on tanking the rest of the season and being happy about making the playoffs. The Jersey game was just a nightmare spot for them. With both of the Andre's playing the entire 2nd half the previous night and clinching it was impossible for them to get up for that game. Day off and now playing a dejected Charlotte team I think they're more than ready to grab another W. While I don't think they realistically have a shot at the 5 seed I also don't think they want to lose 7 in a row heading to the playoffs. Here @Charlotte and @Toronto seem to be the best chances for a W. Think with the Bobcats being hungover off the loss to Detroit it's a great spot. Will be on the Sixers ATS and ML.

:shake: I do see that, but then again this is also Charlotte's last home game of the season. If they have any pride and appreciation, they'll play their hearts out for their fans before losing out.

Dont be surprised if Bosh and calderone slowly get shut down.

With the recent run, raps have an idea what their team is capable healthy. Most likely see more action from OBryant, Pops, Douby, and Joey G. All 4 are either on re-upped 10 day contracts or at the end of their rookie deals. BC needs to find out who is going to be with the team next year.

Bargs might be given the reigns as first option (he's been 3rd or 4th most of the year) to see how he would handle being the main guy if/when bosh gets traded in the off season.

if you could update whenever there is official news of when the coach plans to limit minutes/shut down players, please update. Thanks. What you think of this game here?

Probably lean ATL. Only thing keeping the raps going was that streak. Now its all about evaluating what we have in terms of getting ready for next year.

Only worry would be Bargs totally dominating the game.

Probably lean ATL. Only thing keeping the raps going was that streak. Now its all about evaluating what we have in terms of getting ready for next year.

Only worry would be Bargs totally dominating the game.

... I think if that is your only worry, Atlanta should be a decent bet

I'm right now checking non-playoffs teams ATS record in their last home game last yr. This would be A LOT easier and less time-consuming if my internet wasn't shit slow. If someone wants to be cool, can you back-check say 05-06? I'll try to check 07-08 and 06-07

For the Charlotte game I think the Over 185 is worth a consideration.

Can't see who's really going to win but I do expect Charlotte to say 'fuck it' when it comes to defense. And Philly's performance against NJ should help them to score/care.

The 2 lowest totals Philly has put up this season were 72 and 74, both in losses. In the next games they went over [72-88 -> 104-89] & [74-89 -> 115-106]. Both of those situations they lost like bitches on the Road and played the next high scoring game at Home. Unfortunately that doesn't apply here but I expect the 76ers to remember that they have to SCORE to win a game. Given the 2 days off a better performance is realistic.

Don't really think Bubcats should be -5 either but I'm not interested in ATS for this game.

Given that this total has moved to 184.5 at most books is good. It would be even nicer at 184.

For the Charlotte game I think the Over 185 is worth a consideration.

Can't see who's really going to win but I do expect Charlotte to say 'fuck it' when it comes to defense. And Philly's performance against NJ should help them to score/care.

The 2 lowest totals Philly has put up this season were 72 and 74, both in losses. In the next games they went over [72-88 -> 104-89] & [74-89 -> 115-106]. Both of those situations they lost like bitches on the Road and played the next high scoring game at Home. Unfortunately that doesn't apply here but I expect the 76ers to remember that they have to SCORE to win a game. Given the 2 days off a better performance is realistic.

Don't really think Bubcats should be -5 either but I'm not interested in ATS for this game.

Given that this total has moved to 184.5 at most books is good. It would be even nicer at 184.

good thinking t/wreck. I will look into it a bit :shake:

updated card for now:

Philadelphia +5 -105- 3
New Orleans +4 -105- 4
Memphis +7 -120- 1
Houston +1 -107- 2
--Houston pk -105- 2

gonna look to get involved with Chicago and more on Memphis

Last edited:
updated a bit:
Philadelphia +5 -105- 3
--Philadelphia TT OVER 90- 1
New Orleans +4 -105- 4
Memphis +7 -111.5- 2
--1st H Memphis +3.5 +100- 1
--2nd Q Memphis +2- 1
Houston +1 -105- 2
--Houston pk -105- 2

still looking to get involved in Chicago some how

somewhat of an add
2nd H Philly over 91.5 +100- 2

I do think/hope Philly comes back. This is definitely not the defensive game the original line of 185 had predicted for the probable reasons twreck listed. Now 2 ways I can win this bet which is nice:

Philly comes back with an offensive surge and charlotte holds their own
Its a charlotte blowout, yet the continue running because its their last home game and they want to put on a show
Best case scenario: Philly comes back roaring in the 3rd to make it a game say outscoring Charlotte 30-20 to get within 4 to end the 3rd and a back and forth battle at the end resulting in a Charlotte buzzer beater to win the game by 1 in a dazzling 4th Q which eclipses 50 easily
:23_29_107v:

gonna go with the uncreative bet for Chicago
Chicago -8 -105- 3
--4th Q Chicago -2- 1

will hope for a tight 1st H to add on Chicago 2nd H

Last edited:
bleh well the games are not over at all yet, but I'm hittin myself. Was planning to play Philly, New Orleans, and Memphis on the MLs risking 1 on each, but bitched out. Right now philly tied with 5:40 to go, New Orleans up 10 with 5:10 to go in the 3rd, and Memphis up 12 at halftime

oh wow. did not know landry was back. Not to be emotional or anything, but having him back should be an emotional boost for motivation for Houston- sounds Yag, but having a hard working rotation player come back from getting shot really should inspire some

fuck well, should've gone Philly 2nd H instead of the over. Tried to gewt fancy and it screwed me. Note to self: stay the fuck away from totals!! At least Philly +5 cashes for a positive on this game.
JPicks.. :shake:

Philadelphia +5 -105- 3 W
--Philadelphia TT OVER 90- 1 W
2nd H Philly over 91.5 +100- 2 L
New Orleans +4 -105- 4 W
Memphis +7 -111.5- 2 W
--1st H Memphis +3.5 +100- 1 W
--2nd Q Memphis +2- 1 W
Houston +1 -105- 2 W
--Houston pk -105- 2 W
Chicago -8 -105- 3 L
--4th Q Chicago -2- 1 W
2nd H Chicago -7 -105- 5 W
2nd H Houston +3.5 +100- 2 W

very solid day. should've followed my instincts on chicago: felt the line was overpriced and was thinking of "creative" ways to avoid that. I did find a couple: 4th Q and bet them if they're down at half, but lost by a pt betting into a line that I felt was a pt too high. Also, I should never play totals. Avoid those 2, and I have a perfect day

+18.85 for the day

2h sactown might be a look. lal turns it on/off vs inferior competition.

on second thought, gonna pass. lal -2 too scary for me :seeya:

hate laying this kinda juice, but no better option for me. Minnesota owning on the boards, and without zach randolph, the clippers are more of a mess than they usually are. I dont like that minnesota is playin gs the next day, and this probably should've been a 2 play..

i agree...have minny +3.5 2H

Clips want no part of this game...Davis couldnt care and Dunleavy will play the kids

Back