Tuesday NBA

SF_capper

CTG addict
I have a really fucked up sleep schedule. woke up at 630PM yesterday and still havnt slept (its 630AM right now and I have class from 930-630 2m so doubt I sleep til 7) being up has me capping. went 1-2 yesterday, winning my favorite bet in Philly

Plays
Cleveland -6.5 L
2nd H Cleveland -4 (-115) L
New Jersey +5.5 (-105) L
Denver -1.5 (-105) W
Toronto -1 W
Chicago -2/-3 (-115)- 1 2/3 units W
1st H OKC +6 (-105)/+7- tot 1 2/3 units L
Oklahoma City +14/+13.5- total 1 2/3 units W
2nd H Golden State -3 (-105)- 2 units W

San Antonio @ New Jersey
power rating of SA -5.5. I like NJ in this spot if someone can convince me Carter is healthy. I'm reading he is probable tonight. Not sure if I should go full game or 1st H, so maybe some trends guys can help me on that one. SA off a huge win at Boston and have a flight to toronto 2m. They have owned NJ lately, and both teams know it. NJ however, has been playing exellent ball lately with a 4 game win streak @ Philly, vs milwaukee, at wash, vs denver. they should be motivated to extreme for this one because 1) off the big blowout @ Orlando (VC was out) 2) revenge over SA for the beating they get 3) last game before the all star break for them wanting to head into the break on a positive note. The close loss @ SA should give them confidence that they can win. Parker doesnt have a speed advantage for once, and Brook may try to play his heart out vs Duncan. Harris is finally out of his midseason funk, and brook lopez is playing amazingly. Just need Carter a go and I think I'll be on this

Cleveland @ Indiana
Gonna be on Cleveland here. I hate betting against Indiana as a home dog as they really can b eat any team in the league at home and is kind of my sleeper to make the 8th spot, but plain and simple in my mind is Cleveland off a loss which I believe they're still undefeated ATS in this situation. Lebron had a shit game, and should bounceback both offensively and defensively on Granger. No dunleavy is a lot bigger than people realize. My power rating has this at Cleveland -6, but I'm pretty sure we see higher, as my rating doesnt take into acct cleveland off a loss or that Dunleavy is out yet. Think I might have to lay 8

Denver @ Miami
Denver off that blowout is reason enough for me to play them. 11-5 ATS off a loss, 7-2 off a DD loss. Hoping they dont try to save some for Orlando 2m as they cannot win there. PR has this Denver -1.

Toronto @ Minnesota
JP gives a very nice writeup on this one in the discussion threa dand this is very much a tail. My power rating for this game is kinda messed up with recent injuries and bosh and al jeff out, but for sure toronto -3 is NOT value. neither is -1, but eh what can you do. From a basketball standpoint, I do think Toronto should win this before losing 2m. Craig Smith is a small name but pretty important to Minnesota. Minnesota probably still shocked for their season, and should look to the all-star break as a getaway. They could play the games of their livews, but I doubt it. Don't like laying with Toronto, but its only 1 so eh. Would not play this at 2.5 that it is now.

Detroit @ Chicago
My line is Chicago -3 so about right. I hate to admit it as I've been talking off Chicago for awhile, but they're proving me wrong and competing. I'm surprised as they dont really have an inside threat and is a jump shooting team, but I guess Derrick rose has this team goin in the right direction. Should be interesting to see who they get for Hughes as this team can be real good with a scorer inside. Gooden still out but they're impressing me. 1st game back from a roadie which as BC's thread shouldn't be too much of a worry. Chicago always owns Detroit probably because Detroit doesn't have that inside presence to work to Chicago's weakness. Also, Chicago attacks the O-boards hard- something detroit is always weak to.

OKC @ LAL
Amazing schedule spot and jsut an overall almost perfect spot for OKC here. Lakers off great road trip winning both at boston and at cleveland. Come home for a day only to fly back out to utah 2m then smooth into the AS break. PR has this LA -13, but I put an asterick on it to play OKC getting lotta pts as they just love to keep scores close. Not much more to say here: LA off HUGE wins, and now home in a bad schedule spot vs a team they know they can beat.

not interested in Atlanta/Wash. kinda think Sac keeps it close esp with terry out, but need more reasoning to bet it. Dont like GS off huge wins and beating Utah is huge, but like GS with revenge and the clinic NY put up on us is means for revenge. yup thoughts?

Last edited:
some wednesday openers that I think will move quick include Houston, Milwaukee, Portland, and Utah, but I won't be able to hit them up. Just took out a 9 unit check deposit, leaving my BM acct with about 7 units. Only 2 units left so will have to chose b/w Denver and Cleveland on which game I want to play. I have another local who's line open around 10 AM (1 PM EST) so I can get to those. Just trying to choose b/w cleveland and Denver. I think if the cleveland line comes out under 7 (which I doubt, but can see happeneing) I'll play that one. Denver is gonna be a public ass bet when they open as a small small fave, and I won't be surprised to see a lot of movement on that one, but gonna have to wait it out

oh wow ok big mess up on my part. Don't knwo how but Had Indiana at 82.5 when they're supposed to be 84.5 so my line should've been Cleveland -4. Either way just played it at 6.5 and was happy at the spread although I probably shouldnt've after double checkin the excel

Played Cavs. I normally love Indi as a home dog, but CLeveland 9-0 ATS off a loss and Mike Dunleavy is pretty important to this Indiana team. Im pretty certain he misses this one. Looks like I'll have gotten a bad line though

bleh fuck me. Line immediately down to 6. Wish I wouldve just gone to sleep and woke up when my alarm is set to instead of staying up trying to hit these lines quick. If this gets to 5- which again I doubt, btu can see happening, I;m adding 2/3 bet on CLeveland

Played Cavs. I normally love Indi as a home dog, but CLeveland 9-0 ATS off a loss and Mike Dunleavy is pretty important to this Indiana team. Im pretty certain he misses this one. Looks like I'll have gotten a bad line though

Well health on that one. This wasn't any old loss for the Cavs. They had that game circled for weeks. With Phoenix on deck I don't see the Cavs mentally showing up for this one. Marquis Daniels can fill Dunleavy's as long as his back holds up.

Last edited:
health then, and nice job on the line. CLeveland doesn't come off to me as the type to hang their heads. I think we can agree Lebron will look to make a statement, and can easily see him getting a triple double while forcing Granger into shit. I feel pretty stupid as I usually watch Pinny at the open before I make bets but for some reason I got trigger happy and just fired. Disagree that a hobbled Daniels, if he''s even in, can replace Dunleavy as he's the best passer on the team full of players wanting to shoot. Jiust checked up :( Indiana as a home dog this year 6-1-1

Well health on that one. This wasn't any old loss for the Cavs. They had that game circled for weeks. With Phoenix on deck I don't see the Cavs mentally showing up for this one. Marquis Daniels can fill Dunleavy's as long as his back holds up.

i agree (not that it matters considering the year i'm having). i'm on indiana too here...not only are the numbers inflated after that road trip, but mike brown has no idea what to do with no 2 guard---he had wally on lamar odom for how long the other day? and now he's already talking about going small and said something like "i don't normally like to go small, but we'll have to see with everyone's minutes what we'll be able to do" aka i don't know what the fuck i'm talking about. i am one of the few mike brown fans here in cleveland, but he looked like an idiot in that lakers game, and until he gets some depth at 2 guard, i don't see that getting any better. also you're absolutely right about how they circled that last game. devastating, and another long-term injury in the process. now they go on the road against a team they've beaten twice this close to the all-star break and with a home game tomorrow. indiana played them well at home back in november when they had the lead going into the 4th, so they know they can hang. i can easily see them just laying a complete egg and getting blown the fuck out.

health on them and toronto...on the okc play as well.

Indiana typically fades in the 2nd H of games. Lebron is going for 50 and trying to hold his all-star opponent under 10

really like this one. GS missing layups left and right and NY making nearly impossible 3s with hands in their faces. GS attacking the rim really well

Golden State 2nd H -3 (-105)- 2 units

might as well post what I play

Clippers -4

Clips have been really improving and have their studs back healthy at home. NY just ran with GS

Milwaukee -3
throwaway game for Indiana. Improving Milwaukee team vs Indiana team off beating Cleveland

fuckin BM is the only book to have Utah +1.5. Am waiting for getting 2 to protect from a kobe buzzer beater. Although I do think Utah dominates this game, I'd prefer +2 (-110) to ML +105 when fading superstars

missed out on 7 in Cleveland and just gonna pass on it now

Utah line down to pk. Doubt this goes to Utah giving over 1, so I think I'll wait and hope people hit Lakers back up

today's card for me:

Philly -11 (-105) L
Denver +7 W
Milwaukee -3- 5/3 units W
Houston -13 (-105) L
Portland -12 (-105)
LA Clippers -4
Utah-pk 10/3 units (trying to get pk -105)

Last edited:
Back