Tuesday NBA Playoffs...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
14-9-1 +11.40 units

Going to go ahead and get this posted for tomorrow and the series as I will not be around the computer for about the next 24 hours or so. The Tuesday game is Game One in the Semis between the Cavs and Celtics.

My take on this series: Its going to be a war. Its going to be ugly and we should see some tight games with heroics. Both teams are very good defensively. Cleveland lost a step with the Hughes/Gooden departures but are still very good. Boston, as they showed all year and in four home ghames has a stellar defense as well. Their are four starts in this series. Bron is the one I trust most at playoff time even over KG's versatility. Ve interesting to see how much time Posey takes away from the others to be out there guarding James. I honestly think that Cleveland can win this game. Even if its a 7th game I would trust James to basically singlehadnily win it. He is that good. He has only been in one 7th game before and remember two years ago the league tried hadning it to him with all the phantom calls but the rest of his team couldn't do anything. Now, the Stern Factor: You know he loves James going far but the potential for Boston to go back to the finals 21 years later may even interest him more. Thats what I cannot figure out exactly. Either way, Solid value on Cleveland for the series and will take a small stab for a unit.

Cleveland +600 to win series

As far as Game One goes, the Celtics will have one day rest from the seven game series. I am not expecting them to be totally flat but somewhat. Its not really the length of that series but how physical it was. I know the Cavs series was physical but they have had a nice 3 day break and should be ready. I am sure they were preparing for Boston all along. Double digits is way too many times.

So, for you guys loving all the B.A.W. chalk in the first round you should be happy now.

Cleveland +10 -110 3 units

may put a 1/2 unit on ML tomorrow afternoon fwiw

GL everyone from BAW nation:tiphat:

^^^^

+10 WOW, thought closer to 6-8.

Heard on tv last night no team that went to 7 in the first round has ever gone to the finals.

God I want to see Detroit get another shot at Lebron in the conference finals.

That series bet was placed this morning at BM. Hunt said it was 550 on dimes last night. So, def happy with the number. Still pissed I never bit on that +1800 to win EC for Cleveland. Grrrr.

love the bet...great value for a playoff ready team and the best player in basketball 1 year removed from the finals...why not?

^^^^

+10 WOW, thought closer to 6-8.

Heard on tv last night no team that went to 7 in the first round has ever gone to the finals.

God I want to see Detroit get another shot at Lebron in the conference finals.

Of course, the first round has only been 7 games long for 2 or 3 years now, so that does make it tough...:36_11_6:

I am on the other side for tonight's game. I think Boston had underestimated the Hawks and this has been a wake up call. Before the series began everybody were affraid of Boston in the east. Now they need to reestablish themselves as the powerhouse of the east. Even if LeBron is a very proud athlete I see this as a Celtics' win by around 10 to 15. We are not talking about the Wizards here. Let's not forget about the home crowd advantage too. It will be tense for the Cavs at Boston tonight. The money will be on the Cavaliers with this spread. I really like going against the public too.

Of course I may be wrong.

GL on your play... and I definitely don't like not being on your side Big Al.

Last edited:
<TABLE class=data id=_ctl0__ctl0_tblConsensus cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahead colSpan=3>Consensus | In-depth | Make Pick</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>Cleveland</TD><TD class=datacellc>588-448</TD><TD class=datacellr>56.76%</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>Boston</TD><TD class=datacellc>448-588</TD><TD class=datacellr>43.24%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

These are the numbers from Covers

Celtics rock solid on 1 day... Cavs bad after extended rest... bother you at all??

But a dog has to cover some time... thought it would be those Magic last night.

Just one question. Is there any chance that the Cavs sweep or win the series in five? I'm thinking about taking them to win in either six or seven, but skipping four or five. Even if everything goes wrong for the Celtics, they'll still win at least a game right?

Gm1 dropped to 9.5 but I'm still seeing series prices out there at +600

If I were a betting man, BAW, I'd tail... BOL

4Chan20070528134445.gif

Good stuff BAR I am taking Cleveland as well-- WIth this price it is ridicuous- You have the best player- and a team that won 2 games in round 1 on the road- Also you can easily hedge out nice profit even with a split in Boston- - Boston had trouble with Joe Johnson they will struggle vs Lebron

thats what i wasthinkin

low total but damn...cavs can have those ugly droughts

they both are a jumper teams really and if they aint falling...yikes

i may tail your cavs bro...

gl BAW...like you better when you are backing the dogs ;)

i think the price is a little high on the c's...i agree with you there is value on the series with the cavs...gl bar

Good stuff BAR I am taking Cleveland as well-- WIth this price it is ridicuous- You have the best player- and a team that won 2 games in round 1 on the road- Also you can easily hedge out nice profit even with a split in Boston- - Boston had trouble with Joe Johnson they will struggle vs Lebron

They did contain Joe in Boston though. Also if Atlanta was matched up with the Cavs, the Cavs would have gone longer as well. The Wizards team was just a total mess with all the trash talking and nonsense.

GL BAR - I couldn't resist the +600 on the series and jumped in for a couple of units. I think Boston has a little tarnish (politically correct for god sakes like no one would know what I meant) in the armor on the road and Clev has plenty of big bodies to throw around. Clev. gets a little scoring help here from Wally and Gibson and this could be a very close series.

With you Big Al, as I like the Cavs to win one of these first two outright. Situation looks good tonight, and the double-digits just adds to the appeal...

TW: Where the hell do you see that? I've got a list of books on the screen that are dealing the series price and the absolute BEST price I see on Cleveland (and Boston for that matter) is at Matchbook, where the comeback is 680.

shit sorry

meant +650

the +900 was at scoresandodds and then I didn't check to see if any book was actually offering it anymore.

good hit on the cavs BAR. I went against you and got bit in the ass...jus thought +10 was too good to be true...looks like theyve been givin a lot of games to the public, makes it even harder for me tomorrow cuz i liked magic n lakers...will be lookin forward to ur picks thanks in advance

i like the series play BarBator, i think that 7 game series with the young, athletic team, (hawks), is going to take a serious toll on this team full of veterans and old men.

they needed to sweep or win it in 5.

i dont think ill be jumping on clev, but thats some amazing value.

my plan was thinking they would beat clev, and then i could take detroit in the finals for the series. so we'll see how it plays out, but at +600 i may have to throw a 50 spot on em.

even if the celts meet the stons i couldnt see getting more then +180 on detroit.

how about that robertson kid ; )

That straight up win would've been nice, but you've got to like the effort/competitiveness of the Cavs so far. They might steal one in Bos yet. Good call on the spread play.

Instead of backing the Cavs, I backed your shit-ass home team in the majors.
:hang:
Robertson should be demoted to coaching little league; the minors is not enough of a demotion.

Back