****Tuesday NBA picks (+writeups)****

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Always wanted to know what these stars represent to people, so I put them in order to find out. Does the title look better? What? I just don't see it, but I see some members are doing it so why not :D. LOL.
:smiley_acbe:

-----------------------------------------------------------
NBA 2006/2007: 46 W-1 V-38 L +25.09 units
-----------------------------------------------------------

Suns (-6) (1.92 @ Pinnacle) 8 units

Also looking at the team total, the lines are not yet out at Pinny but I took this one already with 5 units at the local (over 111 @ 1.90), the Suns should roll tonight and I'm not afraid of some road chalk, not in this case.
Remember the good old post trade times in Indiana, when they were flying high on the wings of a revamped team? I think I cashed in 4 or 5 times in a row back then just by tailing the suddenly surging team.

Guess what: it's over now. These guys have been quite poor lately, and their D... wow. Are there words to describe this:

vs Sacramento 93-110 L
@ Toronto 88 - 110 L
vs Milwaukee 136-129 (OT)
vs Memphis 114-104

Btw, is this team streaky or what? Look at their W/L trend:
(chronologically since Jan 30th)

WWWLLLWWWLL ....

L?

Almost probably. But that's not the question here, but can Phoenix cover? I say sure they can. The Pacers are frustrated right now, in a huge defensive slump, and when it comes to scoring it's not like they've been brilliant either. They do tend to score more at home, so the over looks enticing as well, but my main play here are the Suns ATS, I'll possibly add Suns team total over later on.
Rick (Carlisle) did well when he let his boys off the hook by giving them a lighter training, but these guys can hardly rebound against a killer tempo team like the Suns.

Not only that, but Boris Diaw is back for the Suns (expected to play), even if he's a bit rusty there are others who can jump in, and the Suns are still hungry after that losing streak when they were missing Steve Nash and Boris Diaw from the lineup.

Indiana have been unconvincing against Western Conference teams, they've been struggling against high scoring/fast pace teams, and Phoenix are 13-0 against Eastern Conference opponents (111 PPG).

The Pacers?

Their primary issue is their defense. Team president Larry Bird said Friday it's a reach to think this team can win a championship with this defense, and the Pacers did little in their past two games to prove him wrong.
They allowed a 40-point quarter in both games and have allowed at least 100 points in eight of their past nine games.

The Pacers can be extra fired up, they can be motivated to show they're a real team, and if they were playing Houston or the Lakers I might even consider them winning, but the Suns will just kill them all around. The boards, the rock distribution, the FG%, the backcourt advantage, their halfcourt D which leads to a lot of fast breaks, this is something the Pacers need the least right now.
The only way I see them covering here is a backdoor crawl. Apart from that, I don't think they can hang with the blazing Suns, not right now at least.

:cheers:

:an_roll_laugh:

you're so right Redbearde. But hey, I had to put it once, just for kicks. :smiley_acbe:

when i first saw the stars im like maybe a doggie for the first time?thought it was something special vegas would set the line to +1000000000000 dog fav -10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

GL Satyr..the scare part of this equation as far as the spread goes cause I think Suns win for sure on the ML is that they are going for that undefeated away vs the EAST this seasons here..

I know what you mean, but I still can't make myself not to like this play, too many factors saying Suns win this one hands down. Could end up a different picture, but I won't regret it anyways.

GL tonight SN :cheers:

Back