Tuesday NBA and Some Scheduling Look-Aheads to be Aware of

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
14-13 +2.90 units

Very easy win with Memphis tonight. They shot great and Seattle defense is absolutely horrid. I thought Gasol would have a bigger impact but whatever, a win is a win. Intially, I was going to lay off Tuesdays card but decided after reviewing some notes I compiled from a few months ago to dive in further and have come up with a few plays. After discussion of those I will also talk about some intriguing matchups for later this week and next week.

Denver -7 -110 2 units

This game has already been talked about a lot on this board. Many of you know I am not a big fan of Denvers defense but boy can they fly up and down the court, especially at the Pepsi Center. Chicago is ending the Western portion of their road trip here tonight. The circus trip actually takes a three day break until a game Saturday at MSG. I see this as the ultimate get-away game. Chicago showed some heart in the Clipper game and that was their best performance to date. The problem is, their is to much internal stuff going on. Contract talks, trade talk, Big Ben very unhappy and the plays unhappy with Skiles. This is a team fractured and frankly I do not see their heads into this game. I think many are looking forward to the Holiday at home and getting away from what is becoming a tenuous lockerroom. If this game is close at half or Chicago leads I would hammer the Den 2nd half as well.

Golden State -1.5 -110 2 units

We all know about the little system I uncovered a few years ago and that went 7-1 last season. Well, this season the NBA has cut those out of the schedule. I believe their is just one this year. This comes close though. New York just ended their road trip Saturday night in Denver. They come back to the Garden for the first time since the Marbury-Zeke trouble and promptly head back out on road Wednesday night in Auburn Hills. This almost makes this like another road game. Now, it doesn't fit into the parameters of the system so it won't be a max play. As for the game..Golden State is starting to come around. I love Beidrins inside. Very active. Jax is back and thats big for the offense. New York is just plain struggling. They are shooting ball bad and haven't found a tempo yet. Rumor has it that Stern pretty much told them no more embarrassments to the league after the Starbury incident. Things are def not looking good and I am sure the Garden faithful will have no trouble turning on the team if GSW races out quickly.

Those are the plays. GL. Any questions or comments please leave and I will get to them in timely fashion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Scheduling Situations To Look At

Detroit:

Sunday evening the Jazz come to town. This has ben a team that Detroit simply cannot beat. They really beat us on the boards bad and their motion offense is able to score on us. AK47 is always trouble and Boozer plays very good as well. Then you have the lookahead factor. Detroits next game is 11-28 at the Palace against the Cavaliers. The Cavaliers host Boston the night before and will be playing a 4/5 situation. I will be looking at a medium bet on Utah and a Large bet on Detroit.

Chicago:

We have already talked about Tuesdays game in Denver. The Bulls will fly home after that and obviously have time off for the Holiday. They may have to travel for family stuff or be home. They then will have to travel Friday to New York for a matinee Saturday. The 'trip' then concludes Sunday at Toronto. I will be looking at a small to medium bet on Toronto granted huge revenge for Chicago.

Sounds good Sirwinz. I am a momentum guy I feel in regular season NBA. Get very streaky and hope to get on a nice one to wrap up the month

Slug, good to see man. Best of luck to yourself tomorrow as well.

RJ, thats kooky. Someone must have PM'ed them to you before he did his write-ups ;)

Hey BAR, best of luck to you tomorrow. Does the fact that the Warriors are in New York City concern you at all? The Warriors only play in the NYC once a year-- could it lead to stripclub episodes or a lack of concentration? Not even sure why this is a factor that is bothering me, would like to know your thoughts.

abcs, the system that was used last year to the tune of 7-1 on the primary night and 6-2 on the second night.

Doublem9, lets get it done man

YourMomsays, Thats always a factor. I worry about teams down in Atlanta more than NYC though..lol.

I completely understand the GDS play, but I have to say I won't cry if the Warriors lose. Boston with a decent little break after 2 close, tough games, Pierce sore back and Ray's knees hurtin, then facing a GDS team finally back to tasting winning again but - in this scenario - off a loss, ready to fly up and down the court themselves? Much better sequence than GDS off 3 straight wins and satisfied after losing for so long.

The further angle? Boston should open 8.0 or higher, being on 2 days rest vs GDS B2B game, the situation to fade the Fav. I smell a big ml brewing, but they'd have to lose to the Knicks to really set it up.

BC, I agree with your logic if that does happen. I was going to mention that somewhat in my scheduling anmalysis but didn't. Also note that many of these Warriors were nearly shipped away for Mr. Garnett too.

abcs, the system that was used last year to the tune of 7-1 on the primary night and 6-2 on the second night.

Doublem9, lets get it done man

YourMomsays, Thats always a factor. I worry about teams down in Atlanta more than NYC though..lol.

Well, Ray Lewis should be at practice in Baltimore...

:cheers:

any thoughts on the golden state/ new york total BAR?
Intially I would say Over. I know Isiah wants a slower pace for the team while Craw, Steph and some others like to push. Basically, we never know what to see. If they are patient on offense they should be very efficient inside though.

gl MAte. Totally agree with your det look ahead.

Does'nt the knicks front court scare you? I think Warriors will be out-rebounded all night. So are you hoping for them to shoot the lights out, seems to be their strategy for every game?

Good luck BAR, sounds good. Still have to look at it though, just came home. :cheers:

BC, they could set it up nicely with a win too ;). The momentum going following a huge losing streak, etc.
But as far as GSW backers go, there will be much less if GSW lose I think.

Good thread.

Denver line is just weird. I dunno why they keep giving away money with that team. Looks too easy every game and I keep passing. I agree that if Denver is losing at halftime, that's a money 2H play. I personally believe Chicago is gonna go on an ATS streak after they get Deng back healthy, but we'll see.

gl bar... i need to get a new book so i can jump on these lines at the number(s) you get... i got denver -8 & gs -2.5, so i'm only playing both for 1 unit.

Xpression and BDK,

I agree they will be undervalued soon enough and really cash for us but it will be next week at earliest. I wouldn't step out this weekend on them at all.

Blue Chip,

Its so key man to be bale to get these. Bookmaker usually releases the next days before the previous nights games are played. For instance, todays lines came out at like 4:30 est time yesterday. Good call backing the units up at those numbers.

DuY!, of course it scares me. NYK will get theirs but I also believe this game is played at a Warrior tempo. NY has yet to define their tempo this season which makes it harder for them to control the style of this game.

Satyr, thank yas and GL today.

Philly, thanks bro

Getting nervous for GSW..ride or collide

(how do i insert graphics?)

There's a button above the text entry box. press it. A pop-up box will ask you for the url of the image you want to insert.

copy/paste that url into the box.

alternatively, you can upload pics from your harddrive by pressing the "manage attachments" button on the advanced options page for replies.

hope this helps.

:shake:

bouncers.jpg

Behind the ropes everyone.. If you would like to get in touch with BAR please contact his agent.

Yes, Interesting game with spurs v magic.. we all know spurs on a b2b. Should be a sexy game. We all remember
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MI2rLv8Hkl4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MI2rLv8Hkl4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

BTW the King James vs Howard debate has to be getting interesting

I mean hes only averaging 22 / 15 and shooting 55% from the floor for a 10 - 2 team at the age of 21.. but we'll see

Nice 2-0 night. I don't want to say "routine" but like you said, those wins were pretty huge.

I'm playing hookie from the office tomorrow so I look forward to tomorrow's picks too.

b.a.r. walks into the club , girl comes up , taps him on the shoulder ,
and asks him if he's the guy that wins all those games , he says yes
and she takes him by the hand into the coatroom and blows him.....

he peter north's the bridge of her nose then wipes it clean with the
hanky in his front pocket , walking out he sees a dude checking scores
on his cell phone who says that was my girlfriend kelly i just wanted to
show my appreciation...

now that's respect....semcon style.......
stayed off warriors , rode denver , knicks suck , shoulda shoulda hit it...

congratulations and continued success.........................

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Im going to start callin u money....
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks for the winners, nuggets and Golden State - I added the spurs for a three teamer - THanks again - GL
Take the Mavs tonight (no line yet, I predict Mavs -3)

Back