Tuesday MLB

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
1-0 ..........+2 units

Washburn and Mariners -114 to win 1 unit

I love this Seattle team this year. I think they can win the west. Blanton and Oakland in particular are slow starters. I am leery of them not scoring at all but Seattle didn't exactly light it up either.

Although Oakland does have more right handers in the lineup this year I still believe their achilles heel is left handed pitchers..most of their power comes from the left side, the hitters that scare me are Chavez and Swisher and I think Washburn can neutralize them.

GL all.

Like the Mariners myself this year, but Blanton is an M's killer. They've won 8 of his 9 starts vs the Mariners. As for slow starting, he did go 8 innings on April 7th last year only giving up 2 hits at Seattle. Can't bet against this pitching matchup as Washburn has lost (team losses) 6 of last 7 starts vs the A's as well. Think I'll just stay away from this one. Best of luck.

Not only is Blanton a M's killer, but Oakland beat the Mariners 15 straight times last year.

The Seattle pitcher was dominant yesterday, and the M's are indeed better than last year (I project them as the best team in the West with that improved lineup and actually fourth-best overall in the AL!)... but am hesistant to lay any price against the A's with them....

GL...

Thanks fellas. If it loses I will be the first to admit I was wrong. It is a long season.

I like the matchup angle, not too big on previous stats in this one, even though the numbers don't lie. I also like the fact Washburn is a lefty and starting one day after hard throwing King Felix. Kind of reminds me of Maroth and Robertson throwing after Verlander and BOndy last year.

GL fellas!

Thanks a lot jpicks and cmoney....a little stressful after Washburn left the game but had a big inning to put it away with the bats.

Back