Tuesday MLB- strange play from me

tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
wk of 7/28, 7-5, up about 3 units (+1395)

wk of 8/4, 8-2, up almost 19 units (+9400)

wk of 8/11, 2-0, up 4+ units (+2115)

Total last couple weeks; 17-7, (+12,910)

Hit both plays yesterday, a rare total and a small dog. Kept nice run going. 10-2 last 12.

Strange play for me today, but I do it occasionally:

ML parlay, Mets -210, Cubs -170; 2 units (1000-1344) WIN/PUSH +476

add:

Pujols -130 most total bases vs Hanley Ramirez, 1 unit Loss

Nothing complicated capping-wise here. Like Harden with a rested bullpen behind vs a weak lineup and I believe Johan goes very deep in this one and leaves little left for BP f*up.

Tough card for me with so many top pitchers going. I key on bad pitchers in my capping.. Just a tough card as I had to eliminate so many games.. Example-Like Oswalt at home but can't go against Linecum, Like Jimenez at home but can't go against the unit, LOVE kershaw at home but can't go against Hamels, Miner (same), Mussina (same)

I will say this. Buyer beware if playing the Marlins..

With Ankiel now back, the middle of the Cards lineup returns to "normal" and this lineup has power and average. In addition, Pujols struck out 3 times yesterday and looked bad doing it. Check his record coming off bad games.

Cards middle of lineup now looks like this:

Mather, rookie with power, 7 hr in just 100 abs
pujols, 24 hrs
Ludwick, 29 hrs
Glaus, 21 hrs
Ankiel, 22 hrs

Tough lineup to pitch to.. Realize the Marlins also have tremendous power. Just saying Lohse at a plus number with this lineup is pretty good value IMO..

Also lean the over.. Think I am going to Wednesday game.:cheers:

Last edited:
In addition, Pujols struck out 3 times yesterday and looked bad doing it. Check his record coming off bad games.

Has only occured 8 times in his career. (3 k's one game) Last occurence 7/25/08 vs Mets. Next game he got 5 hits with 1HR and 3 RBI..

Hitting .350 in the 7 games coming off of 3 K game in his career.

:bow:

Look for Albert to be very focused tonight

Nice run you're having. Keep up the great work. I like the plays (Esp the Pujols prop). I'll play devil's advocate on one though:

I hate the Cubbies today. I think ATL +1.5 would be a better addition to the Mets in your parlay and here's why:

Cubs have a losing record on the road. Braves have a winning record at home.
Cubs are coming off a divisional series against their rivals where they took 2 of 3 at home. Let down perhaps?
Harden was hit his last time out and has trouble going deep into a season (always had trouble going all year). DL anyone?

I just don't like laying that price on the road with this Cubs team. Prime spot for a letdown if you ask me.

Good luck with the rest of em Tee. I'm on the Braves ML for sure.:shake:

Nice run you're having. Keep up the great work. I like the plays (Esp the Pujols prop). I'll play devil's advocate on one though:

I hate the Cubbies today. I think ATL +1.5 would be a better addition to the Mets in your parlay and here's why:

Cubs have a losing record on the road. Braves have a winning record at home.
Cubs are coming off a divisional series against their rivals where they took 2 of 3 at home. Let down perhaps?
Harden was hit his last time out and has trouble going deep into a season (always had trouble going all year). DL anyone?

I just don't like laying that price on the road with this Cubs team. Prime spot for a letdown if you ask me.

Good luck with the rest of em Tee. I'm on the Braves ML for sure.:shake:

Thanks for stopping in.. Appreciate the thoughts.. Think Harden shuts them down for 6 and rested cub bullpen does the rest.. I am not a fan of Morton and think the cubs get theirs.. I am due to be completely wrong on a game though so who knows.

I agree Harden is fragile. GL on the rest of your plays bro.:cheers:

Sorry Mags, wasn't around computer after a.m.

Won half my parlay and lost the Pujols prop.. Down a fraction of a unit on the day (-174)..

Sorry Mags, wasn't around computer after a.m.

Won half my parlay and lost the Pujols prop.. Down a fraction of a unit on the day (-174)..
No worries, jumped on it (MIL) anyway. Anything looking appealing today? Love Boston but the price is way expensive!

Back