Tuesday MLB- one play

tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
since 7/28 Posted on CTG

32-14, (+29,085)

Hit my last posted game play more than a week ago for 6 units to the good. As previously mentioned I am not capping baseball daily any longer but keeping track of a few teams and a few situations. I'll post them when I come across them. My regular capping style is very selective-- consider the rest of the baseball season until playoffs to be extremely selective .. Maybe a couple plays per week.

This one fits:

Stl Cardinals +105, 6 units WIN

Catching the Cardinals as a dog with Wainwright on the mound against the D-backs is too good to pass up IMO.

Take a closer look at Wainwright since being activated from DL. First two starts he was outstanding but with a pitch count. First game he threw 72 pitches. Second game he upped it to 89 pitches.. Tonight he is without a pitch count.

In his two starts he has given up 3 ERs, walked only one and struck out 6. I've watched both starts closely and he appears very close if not exceding his best form as a Cardinal.

Now, Cards are reeling having lost 4 straight.. Bad stretch indeed. D-backs have only won 3 of their last 10 so they are not setting the world on fire.. Cards best player, Pujols , continues his wicked streak of hitting well over .500 for a long period. Cards hit 4 HRs yesterday and appear to be coming around offensively.. Petit concerns me but the Cards numbers on the road vs RHP has been enough for me to think they can get 4 or 5 tonight.. That will be enough.

Lean the under also.. GL all:cheers:

Last edited:
You said STL! Actually, played them and LAA tonight, didn't want to say anything earlier (I was gonna PM ya) because I didn't want you saying that I was belly aching about the future play again.

:popcorn:

add two units.. Total 6 units

Carpenter in the bullpen tonight behind Wainwright.. Very interesting situation.. two number 1 starters going in the same game..

You said STL! Actually, played them and LAA tonight, didn't want to say anything earlier (I was gonna PM ya) because I didn't want you saying that I was belly aching about the future play again.

:popcorn:

:thumbsup:good spot for the Cards tonight.. See note on Carpenter above..

Interesting move by Larussa tonight.

Glaus has been struggling so he moves him to #2 in the order in front of red hot Pujols.. Figures he'll see some pitches to hit.

2-2 so far with 2 run homer.

2-0 Cardinals..

Interesting move by Larussa tonight.

Glaus has been struggling so he moves him to #2 in the order in front of red hot Pujols.. Figures he'll see some pitches to hit.

2-2 so far with 2 run homer.

2-0 Cardinals..

he's a baseball genious, no?

he's a baseball genious, no?

Thanks for the company Mags.. Thought I was going to have to do a cardinals in game solo... Hate to say this but I will.. Wainwright has no hit type stuff tonight..

Beat me to the update bro :pillow:!

No worries, dgtr and wife in bed and I'm having a cocktail chilling, watching some tube and winning some money:) LAA = money;! Cards are up but my damn computer is running slow as hell :3_8_14:

Yeah, it got interesting in the bottom of the 9th as well...couple on and 0 out at one point. On a different subject, what's the weather calling for on Saturday down there? Looking at playing Miami + points if it's raining and staying away if it's dry.

Yeah, it got interesting in the bottom of the 9th as well...couple on and 0 out at one point. On a different subject, what's the weather calling for on Saturday down there? Looking at playing Miami + points if it's raining and staying away if it's dry.

Weather-Hard to say at this point.. My top lean right now is the Jets.. Miami is brutal bro.. Spent a couple days in their training camp.. Had some VIP passes so got very close look .. Its a mess.. Jets improved and lost 5 or 6 very close games LY that made their record look much worse.. To be honest I am having a hard time finding Miami's 1st win.. Don't want to talk you off it as it is not a play for me yet and the weather uncertainy will make it a gameday decision for sure.

Weather-Hard to say at this point.. My top lean right now is the Jets.. Miami is brutal bro.. Spent a couple days in their training camp.. Had some VIP passes so got very close look .. Its a mess.. Jets improved and loss 5 or 6 very close games LY that made their record look much worse.. To be honest I am having a hard time finding Miami's 1st win.. Don't want to talk you off it as it is not a play for me yet and the weather uncertainy will make it a gameday decision for sure.
Sorry bro, was talking about Miami-FL (CFB) in Gainsville Saturday night (8PM kick). Hell, it'll take alot of cocktails to get me to bet on the Dolphins!!!

Sorry bro, was talking about Miami-FL (CFB) in Gainsville Saturday night (8PM kick). Hell, it'll take alot of cocktails to get me to bet on the Dolphins!!!

My bad:36_11_6:.. Look at the Jets tho

Ankiel is injured IMO . Pretty obvious and am surprised they don't shut him down.. An abdominal strain that doesn't heal:4_12_12:

:4_12_13:hernia.. Been there, done that..

My top lean right now is the Jets.. Miami is brutal bro.. Spent a couple days in their training camp.. Had some VIP passes so got very close look .. Its a mess.. Jets improved and lost 5 or 6 very close games LY that made their record look much worse.. To be honest I am having a hard time finding Miami's 1st win.. the weather uncertainy will make it a gameday decision for sure.
Looks like I already have it capped :36_11_6:

Take a closer look at Wainwright since being activated from DL.

I've watched both starts closely and he appears very close if not exceding his best form as a Cardinal.

5IP, 1 hit, 7 k's.. and low pitch count so far... AND keep in mind Chris Carpenter, Cy Young winner, follows him in the bullpen:smiley_acbe:

5IP, 1 hit, 7 k's.. and low pitch count so far... AND keep in mind Chris Carpenter, Cy Young winner, follows him in the bullpen:smiley_acbe:
Are you saying that I might win my future total play now :36_11_6:

Looks like I already have it capped :36_11_6:

Spanishshark has Dolphins as heavy lean which has my attn.. I always respect his opinion.. Haven't engaged him yet on the subject but will likely do so b4 I make the play.. Just don't see it the Dolphins in any game vs an offense that is capable of scoring 3 TDs..

Spanishshark has Dolphins as heavy lean which has my attn.. I always respect his opinion.. Haven't engaged him yet on the subject but will likely do so b4 I make the play.. Just don't see it the Dolphins in any game vs an offense that is capable of scoring 3 TDs..
Are you then thinking UNDER in their first couple of games as well (certainly if the number is mid 40's and higher)?

Carpenter in the bullpen tonight behind Wainwright.. Very interesting situation.. two number 1 starters going in the same game..

Carpenter now warming up in the bullpen.. Hate to be annoying guys but nobody is listening but Mags, so I will be.. I had this f*cking game nailed to the exact detail.

Carpenter now warming up in the bullpen.. Hate to be annoying guys but nobody is listening but Mags, so I will be.. I had this f*cking game nailed to the exact detail.
Yeah you did! I'm sure Wainright was hoping for the CG but doesn't look like that's gonna happen. I'm hanging around till the game ends bro :shake:

Well, always vodka and tonic but tend to go for vodka and lemonade in the summer. Like rum and coke as an occasional change as well. Yourself?

I move around alot, but tonight a nice glass(es) of Cakebread (Napa) Chard. Losing my taste for it tho and 'bout to hit a Crown/Coke which is my anti-venom. XR Crown-- some say it is a waste to mix with Coke but I am a simple man.:cheers:

:cheers: I told you a week ago or so, don't give up on baseball (where your kicking ass).

ya, pretty sick run. Tonight was a gimme IMO. Focusing only on those from here on out in baseball.. Its tempting to throw a bunch of plays out there each night but thats just not successful for me. GL bro:cheers:

Oh yeah, was drinking Crown and Coke Sunday night at my fantasy football draft!

Back