Tuesday MLB Discussion Thread

Need to find out who's piggybacking Buehler (limited in camp, brought along slowly) tonight... projected 3-5 IP depending on how economical he is with limited PC. May was expected to be the guy but obviously started the opener after Kershaw scratch

Roark F5 tempting at that price going back to the familiarity of Nats Park, but guessing he'll be limited to around 50 or so. Favorable splits out of small sample size. Voth's 4-seam/curve combo have high values, above average FIP LY. Type of guy who could really take off this season if he develops quality third offering. Pass for me.

from Jeff Zimmerman:

As he enters his third Major League season, Voth is looking to enhance his arsenal with his cutter-slider and a splitter. Last season, he relied on his four-seamer for 60.5 percent of his total pitches (.196 batting average against), his curveball for 20.2 percent (.182 BA), his slider for 11.3 percent (.286 BA) and changeup for 8.1 percent (.333 BA). Voth is also honing in on his delivery on the mound.

“Maybe tinkering a little bit here and there with keeping my back foot planted,” Voth said. “It tends to come off the rubber at times when I try to rush to the plate.”

Roark F5 tempting at that price going back to the familiarity of Nats Park, but guessing he'll be limited to around 50 or so. Favorable splits out of small sample size. Voth's 4-seam/curve combo have high values, above average FIP LY. Type of guy who could really take off this season if he develops quality third offering. Pass for me.

from Jeff Zimmerman:

As he enters his third Major League season, Voth is looking to enhance his arsenal with his cutter-slider and a splitter. Last season, he relied on his four-seamer for 60.5 percent of his total pitches (.196 batting average against), his curveball for 20.2 percent (.182 BA), his slider for 11.3 percent (.286 BA) and changeup for 8.1 percent (.333 BA). Voth is also honing in on his delivery on the mound.

“Maybe tinkering a little bit here and there with keeping my back foot planted,” Voth said. “It tends to come off the rubber at times when I try to rush to the plate.”

Damn, I was really liking jays but wasn’t aware the pitch limit for Roark and hadn’t done much digging on Voth yet, guess i got some things to think about. Nats just don’t look anything like the WS champs with Rendon gone and more importantly Soto with the Rona.

Interest in dodgers, mariners, over in tex and in Boston. Don’t see how Boston and mets don’t put up crooked numbers. Both pens should be involved early there

Texas bats have been pretty non existent so far and not like they were facing one the more dominant staffs around over the weekend. On that note snakes offense been awful, granted against higher quality pitchers imo. I havnt looked at the numbers but watched a ton the pads series and I gotta assume their avg with risp has been terrible. They got pads pitchers on the ropes several times and could never break thru with the timely hit. For most part couldn’t even do the little things to plate a guy on 3rd with less than 2 outs.

Why are they playing a double header in Cleveland today? They have some of these simply built into the schedule this year? Ain’t double dips usually reserved for make up games?

Back