Tuesday MLB Bases

E.T.G.

One of trus baby mommas
94-74-4 +$2,723.60

Early Bird Special: Marlins $584 to Win $500 GAME 1:

Ok first everyone should be aware why Mitre left the game last outting while dominating the Cubs:

"Mitre tweaked his hamstring in his last start Wednesday against the Cubs while running the bases. He has since gone through a battery of drills, including simulated fielding drills on Saturday. He is not yet 100 percent, but the team is hoping so by Tuesday. " -sportsline.com, posted on Sunday

"Mitre will look to keep Florida's momentum going in the first game. His start was pushed back one day to give him time to rest the right hamstring he strained in his outing on May 30 against the Chicago Cubs.
The right-hander threw four scoreless innings without getting a decision in that game. Mitre is 0-1 with a 6.14 ERA in four career appearances, including two starts, against the Braves, although he has not faced them since 2004." -covers.com preview.

Ok so his hamstring might not be 100%, that is the risk you are taking and that is why the line is -119, otherwise this line is a lot higher. I think if they are letting him pitch he is alright but I hope he doesn't lose what he has on the ball because right now he is pitching verrrry well.

Mitre in May:

5/5: SD = ND, 6ip, 4h, 1er, 1bb, 3k
5/10: LA = ND, 8ip, 3h, 0er, 3bb, 4k
5/15: @Pitt = W, 7.2ip, 8h, 2er, 0bb, 4k
5/20: @TB = W, 7ip, 5h, 2er, 0bb, 3k
5/25: NYM = ND, 7.2ip, 7h, 0er, 1bb, 8k
5/30: @CHC = ND, 4ip, 3h, 0er, 1bb, 7k

Those numbers are enough to get me to back him today.

The series this yr: 4-2 Marlins

Carlyle:

"The Braves will turn to Carlyle (0-1, 9.00) to start Game 1. Carlyle was called up from Triple-A Richmond to start on May 26, when he allowed five runs in four innings of a 6-4 loss to Philadelphia.
The appearance was his first in the majors since May 25, 2005, for the LAD and his first start since Oct. 2, 1999, for San Diego.
Carlyle also made a relief appearance last Tuesday, throwing one scoreless inning in Milwaukee without receiving a decision. He started against Florida on Sept. 4, 1999, allowing five runs in 3 1-3 innings of a 6-4 defeat for the Padres" -covers.com preview.

Last edited:
GL with the early play Green, I don't see why this line is dropping but it's -110 on Pinny and being offered at -108 on Matchbook. People must be scared of his hammy but I don't see what would make them back Carlyle...

and I hate weed hangovers... you feel so tired all day. But it's summer and you already graduated so eh no big deal.

GL with the early play Green, I don't see why this line is dropping but it's -110 on Pinny and being offered at -108 on Matchbook. People must be scared of his hammy but I don't see what would make them back Carlyle...

and I hate weed hangovers... you feel so tired all day. But it's summer and you already graduated so eh no big deal.

Simple. Sigh. NOthing to do with his hammy. Word got out that my struggling ass backed the Marlins.

Renew - Don't know why, I think if you back the Braves you back them Game 2 of the day. Marlins are a young bunch that can hit and I don't think Carlyle is going to hold them down. Mitre, is he healthy? No on knows but Mitre and thats the risk any Marlin backer is taking. If he pitches 5ip of 1-2 run baseball or 6ip of 3 run baseball, I still like my chances that the Marlins have atleast 3 and most likely more than that I hope after 6 vs. Carlyle.

Outstanding - I didn't really even look at that play because I wanted to keep it simple this morning but that over is pretty stiff, 10 runs and Mitre is really an x-factor.

Simple. Sigh. NOthing to do with his hammy. Word got out that my struggling ass backed the Marlins.

along with me too. :shake:

Padres -1 $496 to Win $510
Padres ML $296 to Win $200
Padres -1.5 $200 to Win $310

Basically played it Padres-1 because of the +odds I am getting in this situation. If the Padres only win by 1, I leave with a push and I really was going to go this route only after the Marlin game, and that was if they won, but I am betting it now because I am coaching a Junior legion team tonight so I wont be around to bet (15-17yrolds). My buddy is actually the head coach but it gets old men mad they lose to a bunch of 21yr old coaches.

Aight about this game, Satyr covered it in great detail, read his thread.

I will sum up the situation real quick..

A rested and motivated team (15-6 L21), a hot hitting ball club , a pitcher who has been lights out at home and hasn't won against this team in his career (7-4 when he pitches), a big series for these two team, a better bullpen, less unknown with the starting pitcher since Schidt is coming off the DL (1-2 when he pitches), a very good HOME team (17-9), and +odds.

i locked in the marlins at -117 for 2 units.....how come the line is down to -110? any ideas

people could be concerned about Mitre's hamstring. They don't believe Braves can lose 3 in a row? They don't believe Braves can lose 2 in a row to Marlins?

Only 3 logical reasons, nothing to do with Carlyle what so ever from what I know.

Back