reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
April: 91-69-3 +29.126 Units
May: 73-71-1 +10.513 Units

Overall: 164-140-4 +39.639 Units
Sides: 96-82 +17.538 Units
Run Lines: 13-30 -25.065 Units
Totals: 56-28-4 +47.166 Units

3-1 +4.05 Units yesterday. I feel really confident right now picking plays since last Thursday's debacle. Gained that all back and some. The highest I've gotten to is 45.099 Units on the year after last weeks games on Monday. Then Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday last week I went 7-17-1 and lost 20.08 Units. Since Friday I've regained 14.62. Quite an up and down lol. Hoping to stay hot today, big card, lots of possible plays I'm sure.

PLAYS:

Washington Nationals @ Cincinnati Reds OVER 9.5 -118 (Chico vs. Saarloos) W
*would've liked to pay less for this*
This is going to be strange to say but the GNATS have won 7 of their last 11 and offensively, even if some are late BS wins are averaging about 4.55 runs again over the span. Saarloos getting his first start of the year, I expect him to have a bit of a rough time. Chico... you just never know how long he may last but his longest outting was 7 innings. He's just averaged UNDER 5 innings a game. Both bullpens will get to see time, and both are liabilities. There's definitely value on the Nats ML today too just because Saarloos at this line would be favored away... ridiculous.

Pittsburgh Pirates +130 (Duke v. Wainwright) L

reasoning below but the summary:
Wainwright feeling discomfort last start in his pitching elbow due to tendinitis and has been pitching all year with it. Cards v. Lefty in Duke.

Colorado Rockies +130 (Fogg v. Hernandez) W
Played this on accident, same exact line on matchbook as Pirates and was right below it. lol anyways. He's 4-1 in 10 starts vs the D-Backs with a 4.01 ERA and 1.27 WHIP. His last start vs the D-Backs was promising but he got the lose giving up 1 ER in 7. But I'm not recommending this play, if you played this I'd go under with the success that Hernandez has had this year vs. the Rockies or go D-Backs.

New York Mets -118 (Sosa v. Davies) (1.5 Units) L

Hot Sosa/Mets. 7-3 last 10 to 4-6 last 10 for Braves. Its been pounded down. I'll see if I can get even better.

San Diego Padres -165 (Hill v. Peavy) (1.5 Units) W
Chicago Cubs @
San Diego Padres OVER 6.5 -109 L
It's 6.5... why not try to bet over? Hill's not been sharp the last two games. San Diego 7-4 against Lefties on the year, hitting .260 on the year vs them as well. Peavy continues to his domination although he faces a Cubs offense which is pretty hot right now.

Milwaukee Brewers @ Los Angeles Dodgers OVER 7.5 +103 (2 Units) L
Sheets is starting to strike out more batters his last 3 games but still giving up a couple runs. The Brew Crew have won his last 4 starts. Wolf got hit by these guys his first start of the year and are reeling right now losing 4 in a row. I think the starters give up atleast 5 in this game.

San Francisco Giants +106 (Lincecum v. Oswalt) W
So Oswalt pitched well last game vs the Giants, his career #'s vs the Giants are still not good one week later. Same reasoning as before. Lincecum is getting better and Oswalts career #'s vs. Giants, although I wish I had gotten a better price on Lincecum since I had +171 @ the Stros...

Los
Angeles Angels -123 (Lackey v. Maroth) W

Lackey is 5-0 in career vs the Tigers and is pitching like a stud this year. Maroth coming back from the flu or flu-like symptoms, maybe he finally loses this year and the Tigers lose a game he starts. Maroth lifetime vs the Angels is 4-2 in 9 starts with a 5.40 ERA/1.48 WHIP/.279 Opp BA.

Seattle Mariners @ Tampa Bay Devil Rays UNDER 8.5 +100 (Washburn v. Kazmir) (3 Units) W
Washburn 9-2 2.61 ERA vs the D-Rays... played in Sea, next day to Cle, next day to Tampa. dont see hits coming from their side to back him up with such a hectic 3 days

Kazmir 2-0 (3 games) 1.47 ERA vs the M's, to me their offense has been struggling outside of the Texas series the past 2/3 weeks.

Leans:

Milwaukee Brewers -103 (Sheets v. Wolf)
Above

Cleveland Indians RL +104 (Carmona v. Perez)
This kid... he's pretty good I guess.

Chicago White Sox -130 (Danks v. Lewis)

Lewis/bullpen? Danks is pitching better now. White Sox winning. Ill stop hating on them.

Gonna look it over in a little while so I can eliminate plays. Don't want to get too crazy and play a huge card after the last 3 days, can't let that get to my head. Want to stay on the plays I feel most confident about and keep on picking winners.

GL to Yall Tuesday :cheers:

Last edited:
Renew...looks good...with you on most...might have to give that Nat's play a closer look...BOL tonight

:cheers:

thanks BigRaktor, who would want to pay -150ish for Saarloos? It's dropped to -145 at this point. hope we cash our plays.

thanks Jack - BOL with your plays today.

still working on it, got most of my card locked in though.

ok... big card. lol.

all my leans except for a few and accidently locked in colorado trying to play pittsburgh... both were 130 and just typed in my bet and confirmed and realized what I did after the fact. so a play on both colorado and pitt.

thanks green
- think there is a good shot at it with Wainwright on the hill. I thought he had overcome his control issues but walks were back and he got pounded last game as well. He is pitching with tendinitis in his elbow and didn't really bother him until his last game and has adjusted his mechanics a bit so I can't see how he won't give up some runs. Both teams have been hitting a lot better the past few days as well and Duke isn't pitching great either, but he's got the favorable lefty matchup vs. the Cards which is my biggest concern. There is always the bullpens though and you know what they can do for overs. I imagine that Duke will give up 4/5 and if the Cards can get Duke throw a lot of pitches early and get him out of the game you can see the over easily with the Pirates bullpen. Just my opinion, but that's what makes me like the Pirates tonight.

thanks Satyr BOL to you. :smiley_acbe:

Adding:

Mets -118 (1.5 Units)
Pitt +130
Col. +130 ***accidental play
SD -165 (1.5 Units)
CHI/SD OVER 6.5 -108
MIL/LAD OVER 7.5 +103 (2 Units)
SF +106
LAA -123
SEA/TB UNDER 8.5 +100 (3 Units)

Last edited: