Tuesday lines and discussion thread

just a random thought, which is better to get 2-1 or 3-0 ats today w/ these 3 games, take all road favs or take all home dogs, taking all the road favs look easy at first glance but the public is pounding the crap out of them, w/c is better? hmm..... again just a random thought

thoughts on games:

was@phi
even if was looks like the right side, i really believe that philly has a live chance at this game, they play defense and rebound the ball well, wiz also suck on the road and hasn't adjusted on butler's return, leaning philly

sas@ind
4 days off for sas, they needed that win against the suns bad, now they get a break, anyone know if damon plays tomorrow?
pacers can't get anything going losing 0-6 su last 6 games and 2-4ats, leaning sas here

lal@nj
lakers are in high spirits and it seems like that kobe has officially backed out of his "trade for someone or trade me" statement, though lakers looks like a play, chemistry maybe an issue? would probably layoff, i would like to see the lakers play first

anyone got stats on how teams do after a blockbuster trade??

other random thoughts
->javaris crittenton i believe will blosom in the griz free flowing up tempo offense and obviously kwame will still suck and won't be resigned after the season if he's not traded on the deadline
->i don't get the griz getting jason collins at all, he has another year on his contract and swift may be off the books after this season, collins also doesnt fit the uptempo game of memphis, why make the trade for the griz??? nets get stro, if kidd doesn't get traded, stro will be valuable, he may play the same role like how k-mart played in nj before, if there is a chance in hell, kidd may make stro a star and stro should give half of his salary to kidd

btw, only probable plays for me are the spurs and the sixers

GL gents :cheers:

Last edited:
->i don't get the griz getting jason collins at all, he has another year on his contract and swift may be off the books after this season, collins also doesnt fit the uptempo game of memphis, why make the trade for the griz??? nets get stro, if kidd doesn't get traded, stro will be valuable, he may play the same role like how k-mart played in nj before, if there is a chance in hell, kidd may make stro a star and stro should give half of his salary to kidd

Stro has been a cancer in Memphis for a while -- they tried to send him to Houston but he came back. He's a lost cause. I actually really like the Collins trade, he plays hard and appears to have a great attitude.

That said, I wonder if Stro and Pau will suit up tonight. I lean Lakers but I know the public is going to pound that line.

some thoughts:

MIL@MEM
redd won't make the trip, mau will is still hurt, i've read that conley may be back, interesting to see the battle of the weak, leaning mem but i doubt id put money on in

BOS@CLE
KG have talked about sitting out including his homecoming in minny, ray allen is in pain as he still has bone spurs, LBJ was limited in practice but is very probable, leaning the home team here as the cavs have played better ball even w/o sasha and varejao though celtics have been money as a dog all season long

Master P,

Collins was a just a move to save money.

Guys, always avoid teams that have just made trades for about a week. I know its tempting but its not a good idea.

GL tonight everyone.

Memphis is stripping their team and lowering the expense so that someone would actually want to buy the team. There is word that they are even trying to deal Mike Miller... That leaves a team led by a sophomore Yag. Definitely a destroy and rebuild, look for them to make more lopsided deals (at the moment) to save money.

I like Phili today, I actually think they should be favored by a couple. Typical mind-fuck line if you ask me.

Master P,

Collins was a just a move to save money.

Guys, always avoid teams that have just made trades for about a week. I know its tempting but its not a good idea.

GL tonight everyone.

Actually the Collins move doesn't save money. Stro is actually cheaper and his contract is a year shorter.

Random Thoughts :

Boston @ Cle : Doesnt this look like Dallas @ Orlando all over again?? How did Cle go from +3.5 at home to -3.5 at home from the beginning of the season?? Does anyone really believe Cle is playing better w/o Varaejo? How did bos go from ORL -1.5 to +3.5 @ Cleveland?? Was beating LAC at home impressive w/o Maggs and Kaman? Which they trailed at half by a deuce. They punted the game @ Seattle w/o Lebron. They snuck by Portland and LAL. Is any good team struggling as much as Portland right now? Was LAL playing well before they left for there road trip? Cavs have been playing real solid ball but if Lebron is less then 100% (8 /19 from the floor vs LAC )why lay points. Thought with KG out this was more like Cle -1.5 ...Allen's hobbled still but its a day to day thing you really cant decipher. He had a few days off and was 11/20 last game....

Wash @ Philly : Biggest thing that sticks out here is Wash has been HORRIBLE its past 4 road games and looked terrible on Sunday vs LAL when Butler return still hobbled by hip pain. Now how does Philly come out after abusing ATL in the 1st quarter then getting smoked the last three quarters. Same could be said for Wash after getting smoked at home vs LAL.

Last time Wash came to Philly they were -2.5 and lost by 1. Both teams are 4-6 SU last 10 games. Philly had a terrible 4th quarter at Boston and fell apart yesterday but otherwise have played fairly competitive ball. Wash last 4 games 35+ pt losses @ Cle and Tor mixed in with losses @ NYK and Redd less Bucks..

Not overly interested here would guess Philly

SA @ Indy : Mighty Mouse returns!!! Talk about a difference in philosophies(sp?)! Spurs have 10 STRAIGHT Unders working. plus another 11 of 12 Away going UNDER with the exception being @ GSW in OT. Which should be a light bulb moment since Indy and GSW are similiar offenses...chuck and duck... So 11/30/07 is the last regulation OVER for SA away and tha was @ Minny by a few pts.

With O'Neal absent at home every Indy HOME game has gone over something like 7-0-1 if you include the GSW game when he played but 9 minutes before exiting due to injury. .So what trend ends??

If I had to guess I would say the Spurs Under trend because of the spacing in Indys "trend" its abit more random that 10 straight occurrences. A Indy home total of 194.5 seems depressed. The Over is 9-1 last 10 meetings which really doesnt mean much cause it was such different philosophies at the time. It does show though maybe a characteristic of finding a way to go over.

Not sure what to make of the line had it -4.5 they made it -3.5 zoomed to -5.5...little different with Might Mouse here cause he is not a star and could just fit in w/o much adjustment.

Looking at the Over here maybe Indy...

LAL@ NJN : Did LA have there NYG moment in DET?? meaning did a great effort inspire them and spur there recent run? Lakers have looked damn good in smoking Toronto and Washington. Problem is Pau Gasol is going to try and fit in and now and it will be a learning process just like AI and Melo last year.

So really based on value and situation while overlooking LAL play the past 2 I would suggest taking NJN here. Its alot of points and while LAL has payback after choking a game away to NJN this just seems absurd. Wash is in a funk and had a hobbled Butler trying to gut it out . At least NJN has its core ready to play here even if Kidds mind is elsewhere.

Would expect alot of points here with both teams eclipsing 10+. Home doggie and possibly the Over ..

Milw @ memphis : Bad vs Bad! Memphis is actually 6-4 ats at home laying points which is impressive cause that makes them 5-11 ats as home pups. They have recently won as chalk vs Chi and LAC. Which were banged up just like Milw. Milw is a terrible 5-22 SU away....Remember what Philly just did to them.

Not usre what to expect from either but I like Memphis if anything here.:cheers:

Nut, I like how to title your posts random thoughts when they are well-thought out and detailed thoughts... haha. Thx for the analysis

Anyone have any idea why the LAkers - Nets total has skyrocketed ?
If its because of Gasol im not sure that makes sense..will check refs

Anyone have any idea why the LAkers - Nets total has skyrocketed ?
If its because of Gasol im not sure that makes sense..will check refs

I think most of the move in that game is adjustment for Gasol starting..best guess

On the under in NJ....bringing a new starter in at this point usually disrupts offensive flow/ continuity/ rhythm...etc....Nets one of lower scoring teams in nba....line move not justified

Good Luck IMGN. Actually liked the UNDER when they were at Wash and got moosed at the end of the 1st H. If Wash could make any buckets that would have sailed over IMO. Here NJ should be more competitive and leads me to believe this games play sin the 100s despite NJ track record. Gasol also takes away from LAL recent defensive play as well as taking away from there offensive flow. Which is why I like NJN here....204 ish I would have played the over near 210 a pass for me and understand the under arguements

Not my fav NBA card :

Boston +4 -120
Over 193.5 Indy
Nets +8 -120

Probably add memphis-4 -120 later on. real close to playing Wash but going to wait till halftime as IMO Sixers are a 1st H team . Thought about Indy as well but its close....so passing:cheers:

The SA/ Indy game off to a huge start but with 98 pts with 6 to play before half they struggled to get 20 more...

So with that 2nd H under 98.5 for half my play and to be honest if I didnt play the over this would be a big play....

Also added memphis -4 -120 with half unit on the und 194

Spurs have gone under 10 straight...big train

Which is a big reason why I liked the over cause Indy at home with a 194 total versus anyone is to low...You can see the comments above anyway...

Just happy I was right about the o194 and the 2nd H und 98...

Was gonna play the NJ over 107 2nd H but got distracted...anyway nail that UNDER 210 bro...GL:cheers:

Crazy ending @ Cle Posey 3 with a tick left 114-113 final. I was just praying there wouldnt be a late BOS foul..

Back