Tuesday hoops NBA

handy

Pretty much a regular
Well glad you're back for another quick read. Chances are when you're done reading you will be nodding and shaking your head a few times but that's ok.

If you're here looking for a pick I can't provide one. I simply don't have one again. Patience is a virtue.

Seattle at Indiana - Seriously, how could you be confident taking or laying pts. in this game? Easy to think Indy wins but not easy to predict the margin. I guess that's why they have a point spread!!

Milwaukee at Washington - No line just yet. I think they should just play this game and offer no wagers. Why would you want to bet on this game? Seriously, of all the games on the board this one is the biggest mystery. Injuries, effort, etc. leads me to think you should check yourself into the loony bin if you bet this game. Two teams which are almost impossible to figure out and I mean impossible.

The dog which makes most sense is the T-Wolves at home vs. Portland. The Blazers will be playing their 4th game in 5 nights on the road. I guess take the pts. and take your chances but remember Al Jefferson tweeked that ankle the other night and there is a chance he will be a late scratch. Remember, he is the francise and that team has nothing to play for.

Utah at Chicago - Just a few weeks ago the Utah Jazz went storming into Staples Center laying 6.5 vs. the Clippers and lost straight up. So what makes you think this is a lock loaded chalk play? I won't bet the Bulls right now unless they're facing a team at home in a really bad spot such as the Cavs were last week. I still think the Bulls will be live in this game. No, I can't plop my hard earned money on them but don't be surprised if the Bulls hang around or even control the scoreboard. The Jazz may be caught looking ahead to Friday in Boston vs. the Celtics.

Memphis at Phoenix - OK lets play guess the margin. Have fun with that. Phoenix wins and probably could name the score but remember Mark Ivaroni was D'Antoni's assistant and he may be kind not to destroy the Griz. Honestly, how can you play guess the margin in a game which the winning team just merely needs to show up to win. Look at the Pistons Sunday night. Flip Saunders made up his mind he was going to win that game but only play Billups late in the 4th qtr. The Pistons knew they were going to win and Flip was more interested in checking out his role players.
Laying 15 pts. in any NBA game is nothing more than a crap shoot.

Toronto at Lakers - Well the books have finally caught up to the Lakers. Ye, Lakers are still winning games but now not covering as often. Nah, I wouldn't take the Raptors but buyer beware right now on the sexiest public team going.

Folks just sit tight and wait until next week when the Rockets finally face some stiff competition. Trust me, this team is going to start losing games and not covering pt. spreads. Their streak may continue through next Sunday at home vs. the Lakers but I think that's when it all comes crashing down. Next week their schedule is brutal and there will be some nice opportunities to finally confidentally go against them.

Well that's it, no plays for me for Tuesday.

Regarding Chicago ... Chicago Bulls Gm John Paxson said today, "I haven't seen anything like what we (the bulls) are going thru this year in my 25 years of basketball in the nba."

rally call?

still would like 4 tho.

Regarding Chicago ... Chicago Bulls Gm John Paxson said today, "I haven't seen anything like what we (the bulls) are going thru this year in my 25 years of basketball in the nba."

rally call?

still would like 4 tho.

How is that their defense has gotten so bad? 106 points a game they've given up since the big trade. Should be an entertaining game. The Jazz aren't going to be looking ahead to Boston in this game. If you want to play that card play it on Wednesday at MLW. Still not sure if the Jazz come out flat after two big victories (@PHO and DEN) or they bring the emotion with them to CHI. Either way a play on MLW isn't a bad idea unless the Jazz blow out the Bulls by 20.

I could right a 5 page paper on what i feels gone on Jpicks but i dont have the time and writing it would sadden me more :(

in short ... defense is effort, heart, determination, the will to not get beat, helping your teammaters, trusting your teammates, hustling and communicating. im not sure we are doing 1 of those.

only names not in trouble this year in chicago ...

noch
joe smith (traded)
kirk
deng

Patience is a virtue.

My biggest flaw...not discipline but patience...okay and spelling , typing and grammar..

Some thoughs - O218 Seattle vs Indiana : Scared because I feel like there is NOT the same talent level when you get a big total on some of the other more famous western squads. However in Seattle past 10 games 8 of them have seen at least 88 possessions most in the 90s and even 102 @ GSW ! Sick part is GSW scored only 105 because just 11 FT attempts and 45% shooting. L3 for SEA 114 , 117 , 118 allowed and 140 / 274 FGs! Opponents were only Tor, Philly and Milw! Sea also allowed 138 to Denver on 59 for 88 shooting! They took 102 shots!! Now Indy doesnt really get past the mid 80's that often but we are looking at minimum 170 possession and 20 something FTs each..85 made FG's , 10 made threes and 38 made FTs'...L5 avg about 83 made FGs , 13 made 3's and 37 Fts..Only meeting in Nov 174 possessions...all comes down to how many makes...Indy scored 120+ , 113 , 107 and 98 last 4 home..

Lets see Minny at Portland- 4th in 5 days?? 2nd Half Under..snuck another one in today with SA scoring 97...Wolves playing better suddenly..

Not sure Utah ever gets caught looking a head on the road but would lean Chi or pass as well...again another over ? What has changed in Chi? NEw players who dont know the system , young players at the 4 and 5 spots instead of grizzled vets...nothing significant but just enough to maybe make a few misses into makes ..more uptempo offense as well..

Suns tough to figure there interest in smoking a Memphis team because they dont have depth...Grizz cannot stop anyone..think GSW on TNT thursday..veteran teams more likely to take "days " off...

Probably interested in Tor but alot will be found out about LAL off a SU loss..

Leans-
Over 218 Indy
Wolves +2
2nd H under @ Minnesota
Bulls & Over 215

Lots of time to decide:cheers:

I made my decision on Sunday that Monday and Tuesday would likely be two nights of no NBA wagering for me.

Yes, I made a mistake thinking Utah's next game was vs. Boston. I still smell a real rat in that game. The Bulls have played two real clunkers in a row. They probably show up for this one or at least part of this game. I never trust below .500 teams on the road to do anything but lose. Hard to win on the road. Everyone should know that and if you don't please go to an NBA game and see how hard the road team struggles dealing with a noisy crowd.

rally call?

still would like 4 tho.

apparently it's much worse for our baby bulls

first, thomas gets suspended two games for not attending practice (unexcused), he still doest say why, though he said it is not related to playing time

second, aaron gray yells at boylan for getting a lil playing time after his hard efforts

third, duhon misses shootaround and is benched badly, fined twice

how do our bulls respond tom? take a guess

Memphis at Phoenix - OK lets play guess the margin. Have fun with that. Phoenix wins and probably could name the score but remember Mark Ivaroni was D'Antoni's assistant and he may be kind not to destroy the Griz. Honestly, how can you play guess the margin in a game which the winning team just merely needs to show up to win. Look at the Pistons Sunday night. Flip Saunders made up his mind he was going to win that game but only play Billups late in the 4th qtr. The Pistons knew they were going to win and Flip was more interested in checking out his role players.
Laying 15 pts. in any NBA game is nothing more than a crap shoot.

Assuming we don't play guess the margin, what are your thoughts on guess the total? I think rod_steel makes some good points for the over @ 220

I don't bet totals for that reason. I'm not a good guesser when it comes to predicting total points scored. Seriously, how could you possibly have any idea? I know people say they make money betting them but honestly I don't believe them. I think it's the most unpredictable bet in all of sports.

Great insight, did not know about Jefferson tweaking his ankle, major buzzkill, but great info. If Jefferson doesn't go, Portland should route these guys though. Foye has impressed me, great slasher, wish he was a couple inches taller. But without Jefferson, I'm not sure how the Blazers find a way to lose this one, baring a Nate Robinson performance from McCants.

this is some great crap Handy and why I think you are one of the best and deserve to be on this site with the other great cappers. Great call on patience

Back