Cin -124
CHC +120

Cubs/Pirates O7.5 (-110)
Mets (+110)
Marlins (EVEN)
Twins/Braves O8
Rockies (-120)
Nationals/Giants O6.5 (-125)

Looking at some sort of play with Greinke also....

dome will be closed all week....rain from today until thursday in Toronto

Hernandez certainly has a chip on his shoulder, but his balls and strikes aren't bad.

I tell you, the guy in Cleveland today was horrible. Gimme a minute.

Who's the worst umpire... hmm... Angel Hernandez? CB Bucknor? Laz Diaz?

lol let's add James Hoye in there too, who was at 2B tonight in Houston. With one out, runners on 1st and 2nd, Escobar fielded a groundball up the middle, stepped on 2B and fired over to 1B in time for the double-play. But no, Hoye said Escobar missed the bag, and called the runner safe at 2B. Replay showed he stepped on the bag, and it wasn't even close. Royals escaped the inning with no damage.

Who's the worst umpire... hmm... Angel Hernandez? CB Bucknor? Laz Diaz?

Joe West would be my choice and tip you're really not funny

Guesses:
PIT -145/8u20
NYM +135/8o15
MIA +125/8u20
MIL +115/7.5o20
COL -115/9.5o20
SD +150/7
SF -110/7u20
BAL +100/9.5o20
CLE +135/8o20
TOR +105/9o20
TEX -210/9.5
HOU +125/8o15
CHW -130/9o20
LAA -155/8.5
ATL -200/8

updated leans:
Chw -104: Conroy
Bal o9: Cooper
Col o9.5: Johnson
Mil u8.5: Bell
PHI -110

Close:
SF -111
Col -119
Cin -118: Kulpa
CHC +128

lol let's add James Hoye in there too, who was at 2B tonight in Houston. With one out, runners on 1st and 2nd, Escobar fielded a groundball up the middle, stepped on 2B and fired over to 1B in time for the double-play. But no, Hoye said Escobar missed the bag, and called the runner safe at 2B. Replay showed he stepped on the bag, and it wasn't even close. Royals escaped the inning with no damage.

Wash watching this one live. Unreal.

Darvish-200 seems absurd considering how he's been throwin. OAk F5 might be the bet here.

Like Cain today as well.

Joe West would be my choice and tip you're really not funny

Guesses:
PIT -145/8u20
NYM +135/8o15
MIA +125/8u20
MIL +115/7.5o20
COL -115/9.5o20
SD +150/7
SF -110/7u20
BAL +100/9.5o20
CLE +135/8o20
TOR +105/9o20
TEX -210/9.5
HOU +125/8o15
CHW -130/9o20
LAA -155/8.5
ATL -200/8

updated leans:
Chw -104: Conroy
Bal o9: Cooper
Col o9.5: Johnson
Mil u8.5: Bell
PHI -110

Close:
SF -111
Col -119
Cin -118: Kulpa
CHC +128

Lighten up, Francis.

Locked in:Chicago (AL) ML (-104) vs. Boston
-Staying with my "I don't believe Felix Doubront should be in the league" theory despite losing his over last time out in St. Pete by one. He will struggle tonight locating as he always does, but this night will be worse because he's going to face righties at nearly every position besides DH and CF. That means more offspeed stuff and I'll pay to see him stay mistake free when Jon Lester couldn't do it last night. It also doesn't hurt to see a quality lefty one night and then an inferior one from the same team the next night, while Chicago goes from throwing Axelrod to a nibbler from the other side of the rubber. Boston still has a serious closing problem, while Addison Reed is trustable. Think the ChiSox terrible hitting slink was just a slump and they will be able tk get free passes with Chris Conroy calling pitches.

2/3 quality starts and he just beat Verlander???

To add to your point...

Yu Darvish has a strong claim for the American League Cy Young Award to this point in the season. But should the Texas Rangers be more careful with their usage of the Japanese right-hander?
<OFFER>

At 7-1 with a 2.97 ERA and 0.92 -- not to mention a ridiculous 12.8 K/9 rate -- Darvish is off to an incredible start in his second MLB season. Some controversy arose, though, after the Rangers allowed him to throw 130 pitches his most recent outing on May 16.

His final 15 pitches of that start came in the eighth inning, with Texas up by six runs on the Detroit Tigers.

Even though Darvish indicated he wanted to stay in, manager Ron Washington caught flack for keeping his ace in the game and letting him throw so many pitches.

For what it's worth, Darvish's 130-pitch outing was not the highest single-game total of 2013 -- that belongs to the Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw, who threw 132 against the Nationals on May 14 -- but the Rangers hurler now has two 125-plus-pitch outings in his past three. And Darvish is the only starter in the majors with two such outings overall, as he also threw 127 against the Red Sox on May 5.

Whether this is a problem, an issue or nothing at all remains to be seen. Darvish, of course, is a well-built 26-year-old in the middle of his prime and was used to throwing 120 pitches routinely in Japan.

But considering all the injuries that have blown up the Rangers rotation in the recent past -- Matt Harrison, Alexi Ogando, Colby Lewis and Neftali Feliz are all on the DL -- it might not kill Washington to exercise caution on Darvish, and all of his starters, going forward.

2/3 quality starts and he just beat Verlander???

darvish hasn't had control of his fastball like he needs to in his last 3 starts. The dude is a warrior, so he competes w/o his best stuff. And the verlander game wasn't exactly a pitcher's duel, but yeah, the rangers won.

If Darvish keeps leaving his fastball over the plate, and doesn't get the movement he needs, he's gonna have an off night. He's had more of those kind of games lately than not.

And if he gives up any runs, he usually does it in the 1st inning. That's why Oak F5 would be the bet for me, if i'm gettin on it.

McClelland is awful. Closest thing to Leslie Nielsen ... "Strike ...?"

Jump & Barkeep...you guys are fucking high! JERRY CRAWFORD was the best OVER ump with TMAC 2nd on my all-time list. I love how it takes TMAC forever to call a strike. It's because he fucking hates to call them!

Rexy is right...CB Buchnor is the worst.

To add to your point...

Yu Darvish has a strong claim for the American League Cy Young Award to this point in the season. But should the Texas Rangers be more careful with their usage of the Japanese right-hander?
<offer>

At 7-1 with a 2.97 ERA and 0.92 -- not to mention a ridiculous 12.8 K/9 rate -- Darvish is off to an incredible start in his second MLB season. Some controversy arose, though, after the Rangers allowed him to throw 130 pitches his most recent outing on May 16.

His final 15 pitches of that start came in the eighth inning, with Texas up by six runs on the Detroit Tigers.

Even though Darvish indicated he wanted to stay in, manager Ron Washington caught flack for keeping his ace in the game and letting him throw so many pitches.

For what it's worth, Darvish's 130-pitch outing was not the highest single-game total of 2013 -- that belongs to the Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw, who threw 132 against the Nationals on May 14 -- but the Rangers hurler now has two 125-plus-pitch outings in his past three. And Darvish is the only starter in the majors with two such outings overall, as he also threw 127 against the Red Sox on May 5.

Whether this is a problem, an issue or nothing at all remains to be seen. Darvish, of course, is a well-built 26-year-old in the middle of his prime and was used to throwing 120 pitches routinely in Japan.

But considering all the injuries that have blown up the Rangers rotation in the recent past -- Matt Harrison, Alexi Ogando, Colby Lewis and Neftali Feliz are all on the DL -- it might not kill Washington to exercise caution on Darvish, and all of his starters, going forward.

i hear what you are saying but nolan ryan does not buy into the pitch count theory...and as a result Darvish gets left in when other managers might pull him...i would not bet on him after his last two outings

</offer>

Locked in:Chicago (AL) ML (-104) vs. Boston
-Staying with my "I don't believe Felix Doubront should be in the league" theory despite losing his over last time out in St. Pete by one. He will struggle tonight locating as he always does, but this night will be worse because he's going to face righties at nearly every position besides DH and CF. That means more offspeed stuff and I'll pay to see him stay mistake free when Jon Lester couldn't do it last night. It also doesn't hurt to see a quality lefty one night and then an inferior one from the same team the next night, while Chicago goes from throwing Axelrod to a nibbler from the other side of the rubber. Boston still has a serious closing problem, while Addison Reed is trustable. Think the ChiSox terrible hitting slink was just a slump and they will be able tk get free passes with Chris Conroy calling pitches.

GW....watch a lot of sox games because i am from the area....agree with you on doubront....the only reason he has any wins is because we score 6 runs a game for him and if you take out the texas shutout its 7 a game...but our bullpen has been pretty good lately....1 run in 23 innings (i think) and bailey is back so if doubront can throw 5 innings then we could scratch out a win but preference would be the over in the game due to doubront run support and his inability to find the plate...he walks a guy every inning (i think)...but this sox team plays harder than any team we have had since 04...we just don't have enough talent....agree with you on chicago

i hear what you are saying but nolan ryan does not buy into the pitch count theory...and as a result Darvish gets left in when other managers might pull him...i would not bet on him after his last two outings

Pretty interesting interview about hard pitch counts and how they don't really make sense. Deadspin republished it.

Last year, Ben Lindbergh of Baseball Prospectus talked pitcher workloads with Glenn Fleisig of the American Sports Medicine Institute—one of the world's foremost authorities on biomechanics—and an anonymous MLB scouting executive. The entire interview is republished here, with permission.

http://deadspin.com/yu-darvishs-arm-is-not-a-gun-why-hard-pitch-count-lim-508279020

Of course. Have another drink on me.
Ian Kennedy is on 5 days rest. This season
[TABLE="class: sortable stats_table"]
<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><thead>[TR]
[TH="class: tooltip sort_default_asc, align: center"]I[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip sort_default_asc, align: left"]Split[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]W[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]L[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip hide_non_quals, align: center"]<nobr>W-L%</nobr>[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip sort_default_asc hide_non_quals, align: center"]ERA[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]G[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]GS[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]GF[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]CG[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]SHO[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]SV[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]IP[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]H[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]R[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]ER[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]HR[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]BB[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]IBB[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]SO[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]HBP[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]BK[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]WP[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]BF[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip sort_default_asc hide_non_quals, align: center"]WHIP[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip hide_non_quals, align: center"]SO/9[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip hide_non_quals, align: center"]SO/BB[/TH]
[/TR]
</thead><tbody>[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]4 Days,GS[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]0[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.000[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3.60[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]4[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]25.0[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]22[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]10[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]2[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]11[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]17[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]106[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.320[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]6.1[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.55[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]5 Days,GS[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].000[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]6.94[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]23.1[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]25[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]18[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]18[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]5[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]19[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]105[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.543[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]7.3[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.73[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]6+ Days,GS[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]2.57[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]7.0[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]8[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]25[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]0.857[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]10.3[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]8.00[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Days rest is fairly complicated in Houston. Wade over career is 5.10
Norris over career with 6+ has sucked but the one example this season
[TABLE="class: sortable stats_table"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH="class: tooltip sort_default_asc, align: center"]I[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip sort_default_asc, align: left"]Split[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]W[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]L[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip hide_non_quals, align: center"]<nobr>W-L%</nobr>[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip sort_default_asc hide_non_quals, align: center"]ERA[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]G[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]GS[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]GF[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]CG[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]SHO[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]SV[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]IP[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]H[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]R[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]ER[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]HR[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]BB[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]IBB[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]SO[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]HBP[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]BK[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]WP[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]BF[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip sort_default_asc hide_non_quals, align: center"]WHIP[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip hide_non_quals, align: center"]SO/9[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip hide_non_quals, align: center"]SO/BB[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]4 Days,GS[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].250[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]6.41[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]26.2[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]37[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]21[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]19[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]120[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.763[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]5.7[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.70[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]5 Days,GS[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].667[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.53[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]17.2[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]6[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]74[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.245[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]5.6[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]2.20[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]6+ Days,GS[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3.18[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]5.2[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]24[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.412[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]7.9[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.67[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Bottom line he is so much better at home I have to play with him. Ump this year 7-2 for dogs 2-1 home dogs
Key fact Houston is playing better than KC

McClelland is awful. Closest thing to Leslie Nielsen ... "Strike ...?"

In the last game I saw him call there was a runner on first with a full count and one out. The runner attempted a steal and McClelland was so slow calling the strikeout that the runner assumed walk and didn't attempt a slide. He was tagged out at second by a mile on a strikeout/throw out double play to end the inning.

GW....watch a lot of sox games because i am from the area....agree with you on doubront....the only reason he has any wins is because we score 6 runs a game for him and if you take out the texas shutout its 7 a game...but our bullpen has been pretty good lately....1 run in 23 innings (i think) and bailey is back so if doubront can throw 5 innings then we could scratch out a win but preference would be the over in the game due to doubront run support and his inability to find the plate...he walks a guy every inning (i think)...but this sox team plays harder than any team we have had since 04...we just don't have enough talent....agree with you on chicago

Grew up in providence myself, love what Farrell is doing. I'll pay to see doubront get a lead to bailey I guess

How is west behind the dish?
He in Miami
phils facing this 20 yr old for 3rd time. Shut out by the kid in 13 inn. So far.

Texas this year and last 30-7 after a home loss in the next home game in regular season. Might want to check this due to my fabulous eyesight.

Like it. Very similar to yesterday. The one problem is that Scherzer is in a bounce back spot. May play it. Cleveland 6-2 over in first game of a home series. GL

I think y'all are whining about umpires a bit too much...like its an easy occupation.

They all have their own tendencies just like any other officials... its part of the game

Tough getting into this card ....

Mets ml 5 u and F5 2u...I'll continue to pick n choose when reds face a LH away, here its a fade...personally feel like mets played a few decent games lately and facing a guy like Leake who consistently inconsistent and rh -- poor road chalk option imo

Over @ texas 4u -- same deal w darvish ...posted how he allows no run or 3+ and always gets run support...

Over @ Milwaukee 12u -- yesterday played the sp matchup s the basis for my over and here its the high total ..

Lots of leans so probnly will add

Tough getting into this card ....

Mets ml 5 u and F5 2u...I'll continue to pick n choose when reds face a LH away, here its a fade...personally feel like mets played a few decent games lately and facing a guy like Leake who consistently inconsistent and rh -- poor road chalk option imo

Over @ texas 4u -- same deal w darvish ...posted how he allows no run or 3+ and always gets run support...

Over @ Milwaukee 12u -- yesterday played the sp matchup s the basis for my over and here its the high total ..

Lots of leans so probnly will add

Probbly pissing dough away w minnesota but I just told myself if they got swept at home, then game 2 of the next series was a play....no faith in pelfrey but hudson not a -200 type of pitcher these days either...pure guess based on my gut

No way I can talk you off that GW ...if my minny play is based on my gut then so is this...like Fernandez a lot and usually teams wind up w 4 run against when he strts( thanka to the pen usually) but as you said good v philly twice ...I like having howard back and like cloyd as a sp ....so basically I just thought yesterday probbly should have went over and didn't but they finaly posted some runs in a game vs a LHP...

Really just based on a guess..Good Luck

All silly things like miami allowing 1 run in 3 straight ..? If that ends feel like good chance we see 3+..

Back